Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Sep 13, 2021 12:59 PM
Jul 2019
Artur_Moreira said:
UnBouquetin said:

Thanks for unnecessary verbal attack at the end. The "follow your dream" is just delusional and telling anyone this even though you don't even have a quirk ( his quirk wasn't awakened yet) is just harming you by making you continue on a road without any future.

About what his father did, the only thing that were showed is making his kid going to the corner each time he talks about heroes, nothing else. His father even says that he went too far the last time when he cuffed shigaraki. Unless the vn/manga shows more, his father never physically abused of his son minus the last time.
And, don't tell you never got punished by your parents in your life. Did you never get scolded because you didn't follow a house rule ? Because you sneaked up at 3 am to play games? Or because you ended up with a terrible grade at school? It's the same thing. You get scolded because you don't follow the house rules.
Also, it's not killing the dog and his sister that made him crazy. If you pay attention enough, he says "I hate them all" before killing his dog. He accidentally activates his quirk BECAUSE he became mad. He just refused to see the truth in front of him and put the blame on a mysterious villain (kinda like Kazutora in Tokyo revengers). He even felt pleasure killing his dad...
Yes he had a sad life, but I won't be ever be able to feel bad for Shigaraki because of what he did and still do now.

Anyways, some people pointed out that the goal of the episode was to make us scared of Shigaraki which I agree.

wow this dude really defending the dad's action. what kind of house rule is never talk about heroes, it's like ruining someone's childhood, when I was a child I am very fan of heroes especially superman and spiderman, if I ever got that kind of house rule, I would be really sad, mad, and might even go crazy who knows. Also, I know that the dog and her sister were not the reason why he goes crazy, I just assume that's what you thought, so I just thought of a counter for it. Also, that wasn't a verbal attack unless your answer for that question is yes lmao

You know that super heroes are just one topic ? Like there's thousands of other things a kid of his age can appreciate : cars, policemen, firemen, space, detective stories, pirates etc...
Nobody's going to go crazy because you can't talk about super heroes.
Also, his dad just refrains him from talking about heroes. If you remember, shigaraki still played with friends the super hero things. He could also just like not get caught by not saying "I wanna be a hero" every second and being a bit more discreet when he's going to play. I did lots of sneaky things when I was younger, got caught sometimes and go scuffed everytime. Did I get mad because of it? No.
Look at his sister. She wants to be a hero too, but she uses her brain and doesn't make it apparent. And it's not like she's 10 years older than him. They have at max 1-2 years of difference so their intellect should be similar.[/quote]

No no no, whataheck are you saying?

"He says "I hate them all" before killing his dog. He accidentally activates his quirk BECAUSE he became mad"

NO BITCH, "I hate them all" IS NOT THE SAME THING AS "I want to kill them all" shigaraki even that one was having a childish common hate thought even, but you already relate it to "willing to kill"

And not the comparison you make with going to the corner, "getting bad grades", they don't make sense because they're self-arguing, and completely different from the question of shigaraki because he lives in a world where being a super hero is something common and a desire common to many kids and his dad just VETED a COMMON wish would never make sense in a kid's mind, especially since his dad's reasons are VERY personal reasons, it would be like your dad to forbid you from becoming a football player because his mom dumped him to be one, is a pointless idea, is completely different from "getting bad grades" or "you can't go out on your own now"

plus the whole episode goes through an ambiguous idea about "does the quirk influence the person or does the person influence the quirk?" so it's not something so simple as "shigaraki is a crazy child"[/quote]

As always, the bitch was totally unnecessary but I guess that writing a sentence without insulting someone is impossible in this website.

I simply relate the "I hate them all" to "I want to kill" because it is the sub evolution of it. You can clearly see that shigaraki starts off with hate to end up to murderous intent. So linking I hate them all to "I want to kill" is valid.
About the football thing. It still doesn't change ANYTHING from my point. I can reply to you that I know numerous friend who were forbidden from playing video games with their parents. And I think we can all agree that playing video games / becoming a pro is something that many ( I don't say all ) children dream of. Will they become mad because of it? No. They want to play for sure, but they can also do something else. It's as if at 5 years old a kid could have the determination to be stubborn to the point of only wanting one thing. There's thousands of things that exist outside of heroes as I already said.
Again, shigaraki wasn't abused by his parents, most of his family still tried to comfort him. They didn't opposed to the father because a family needs a governing thought. You can't have every adult in the family disagreeing because the child will end up listening to no one at the end, setting everyone against each other. Again, going to the corner is not a valid excuse to make someone become crazy.
About the topic "does the quirk influence the person or does the person influence the quirk?". The only thing that happened is that shigaraki lost control of a power he didn't even knew he had because of his angry thoughts. Those thoughts then became murderous when he saw his father. The influence of the quirk on shigaraki was none.

Also, I like MHA. I'm not watching it to hate it or I would've dropped it early to not waste my time. I enjoy the show most of the time but I won't pretend being ok with something that simply doesn't make sense to me.
Finally, I would like to just say one thing : It's not because you're behind a screen that you need to write vulgarly. Just be polite, aknowledge others point of view and counter-argue. It's ok to not have the same opinion as others, but disagree politely and try to think from the other side.
Sep 13, 2021 4:06 PM

Feb 2014
Damn, shit got bloody.

RIP imouto and doge.
Sep 13, 2021 4:19 PM

Mar 2021
All I can say is RIP to the dog
Girls in my class start to cry if I even make eye contact with them
- Ishigami Yuu
Sep 13, 2021 6:28 PM

Jun 2013
Finally a good episode.
Sep 13, 2021 9:39 PM

Apr 2015
This was definitely Top 10 best MHA episodes.

Outstanding soundtrack btw
Sep 14, 2021 5:52 AM

Jul 2013
Excellent episode. Seeing Shig's backstory animated made me emotional. Understandably the father Kotaro had his own traumas that he had never processed, but unfortunately he hurt his own family. Tenko, like any other child, had a dream who help others, to be a hero. Of course, he couldn't understand why being a hero can be 'bad'.
Sep 14, 2021 6:22 AM

Mar 2017
The horror, sadness and tragedy of Shigaraki's past was so well adapted in this episode. The sense of dread was like a weight in my stomach.

Seeing his past made me hate AFO even more; what kind of evil do you have to be to use a child's trauma like that? When Shigaraki just needed someone to love and accept him, AFO poisoned him with hate and anger. Vile bastard.
Sep 14, 2021 8:21 PM

Aug 2015
Fax001s said:
Bones pretty much nailed it except for some censoring which was to be expected. This might be my favorite MHA episode ever.
I saw it uncensored and holy shit I was completely blindsided, totally unexpected to see that level of gore in a MHA episode. This episode was so dark.
Sep 14, 2021 9:13 PM
Jul 2021
shane_nichols said:
Oh boy its the victimizing cliche. Another Villain who went batshit over a tragedy. Borrrring!
u call that a tragedy? dudes dad treated him like shit and at like 8 years old accidentally murdered his entire family.... but thats just a small tragedy
Sep 15, 2021 11:36 AM
Jun 2020
UnBouquetin said:
The episode was ok i guess, even underwhelming for me.
The attempt by the author to make us feel bad about shigaraki's story is disgusting.
Ok he had a harsh life, but it was because he refused to comply with the only rule of the family.
Correct me if I'm wrong but his dad only cuffed him once in his life and it's enough to make the kid go crazy?
You can't and shouldn't try to justify the murder of a whole family by just being punished to go to the corner.
Hope it'll get better next episode.
i dont think theyre really trying to justify him.
Sep 15, 2021 11:54 AM

Dec 2019
shane_nichols said:
Oh boy its the victimizing cliche. Another Villain who went batshit over a tragedy. Borrrring!
I would've said the same thing but it works really well with this arc's theming. A major idea presented in this arc is that people shouldn't have to suffer for something that is fundamentally a part of them (their quirk) and Shigi's backstory ties in with that theme really well. He was just a little kid with such an unreal amount of dangerous power who was constantly belittled for his dream, and because of it he obviously has been very mentally afflicted after that incident. Another thing it showed well was the concept of nature vs nurture. Is Shigaraki inherently what society would consider morally evil because of his quirk, like Toga? Or is it because of the household he was raised in and his father's abuse?

I thought it was a very well done backstory that wasn't too tragic to take seriously and tied into the themes of this arc.
Sep 16, 2021 8:29 AM
Aug 2020
The Origin episodes are always a treat and this one was no different.

Shigaraki's Origin was pretty well done, though I can't help but notice they cut out a manga scene where a mystery man in a suit brought Tenko home right before all the family trouble started. For now it's a pretty innocuous omission but if that scene ends up having significance later on then it will have been pretty clumsy to have removed it.
Sep 16, 2021 4:52 PM

Aug 2011
Wow. Seeing Shigaraki's origin story made me realize how the way families treat and talk to you really affects the overall outcome of a child. There were so many times that his grandparents, sister, and dad failed to support him and give him a loving home. They didn't realize that what they were doing was creating a monster.
desu desu binches
Sep 17, 2021 12:07 AM

Mar 2019
Tragic, Sadness and Death is always good... in sort of way.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Sep 17, 2021 4:59 AM
Jul 2018
Best episode of the entire season and one of the best of my hero academia episodes. I liked everything in this episode, especially the ost used at the end.
Sep 17, 2021 8:42 AM

Feb 2021
That backstory of shigaraki was traumatizing af
Sep 17, 2021 1:22 PM
Jul 2019
Ok that was great. By far the best episode this season has offered.
Sep 17, 2021 3:12 PM
Jul 2014
Ehh I don't know how to feel about that.

It's a little bit too cliche and easy for me. There's something unsettling in how I'm able to predict everything that is happening

Definitely a low point episode for me. Cannot relate to is madness if all his father did was telling him not to talk about heroes, he's just mad and it's an attempt to justify something of a backstory but it just doesn't work with reality.
TigreDemonSep 17, 2021 3:17 PM
Sep 18, 2021 4:46 AM

Jun 2011
I feel bad for the mother and the poor corgi doggo...
Sep 18, 2021 5:49 AM

Mar 2010
Thats actually a great family, tenko was just too much of a weak karen. getting your ass beat by your parents is supposed to help you not break you.. tho unless your weak asf, also his dad was a little bitch as well for being salty about his moms choices. I understand wanting more from parents but after your a grown ass man let bygones be bygones lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 18, 2021 8:27 PM
Sep 2020
Shigaraki's backstory was pretty sad but amazing to see at the same time, seeing the not the Shimura left for her son was truly touvhing and I enjoyed every bit of it
Sep 18, 2021 10:03 PM

Feb 2021
i love how the story is going on seriously and then the intro comes in . wo wo its all right
*simping over 2D characters*
Sep 19, 2021 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
Tomura evolved more than Deku in like 5+ episodes, that's really not what I was expecting, lol. How is it even possible for the good guys to win at this point? Just put the Mountain and Tomura at the head of the liberation Army, with the Evil league and nomus and the heros will lose harder than ever, lmao. One evolved Nomu was already hard to beat by the number 1 hero, imagine every evil charging at the same time :)

Anyway, I really expect Deku to evolve more, this is season 5, and he still can't use his power more than 80% without losing a hand or some fingers... I wonder how long is this series going to go for... I hope enough so that we see the heroes get stronger than this.

I enjoyed this change to the dark side, even though I still can't empathize with Tomura for what he's done, it was kind of a cool thing. Not many shows do this and I would really like them to.

I look forward to the next episode ^^
Sep 19, 2021 2:19 PM

Aug 2021
This episode is enough to tell me I was wrong when I thought this season was bad...

Sep 20, 2021 11:12 AM

Jul 2020
Truly 10/10 episode. I'm so happy that Mha is finally getting consistent again after the trainwreck that Class 1a vs 1b had. All 3 members, Toga, Twice and Shigaraki had amazing development that I cannot even rank them!
Man this episode made me tear up a bit. I didn't thought a piece of fiction can make me feel sooooo bad for a villain.
shane_nichols said:

If you don't know the meaning of the word then don't even use it. Bruh.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Sep 20, 2021 4:23 PM

Apr 2010
ScottMerica said:
LukaPochi said:
So.. the creepy hand guy killed his family and enjoyed it. Should I care? I already knew he was a villain for a reason

Can't tell if trolling, but would you have preferred if we never found why he was a villain and he remained one-dimensional as a result?

Yes.
This shit is pointless.
So every villain in this show didn't born evil, wow amazing. Who would have ever guessed?!
Yes, let's make a complete arc just for it. No wonder why this is the worst season by a mile
Sep 20, 2021 5:41 PM
Oct 2016
Slightly confusing that the power turned people into dust but then also turned them into bloody piles on the floor as if they had reverted from dust back into organic matter after having already disintegrated? Like yeah you do need the others to see the pool of blood and the body parts on the ground for the scene to work so maybe it should have been clearer that it was an untrained version of his quirk that just caused people to disintegrate bloodily (perhaps the manga shows it better idk) (or perhaps his quirk has always done that and I've forgotten)

It's a cool backstory, got a little edgy in its execution for my tastes but I knew about this one ever since the chapter came out and people went crazy over it. One gripe would be that it feels a little awkwardly placed into the middle of a fight.
Sep 21, 2021 10:22 AM
Apr 2021
Every villain has a sad backstory.
Sep 21, 2021 10:44 AM

Jul 2020
Many people are hating Kotaro for doing this to Tenko but what many people don't realize is that Nana is in the fault too. Just because she sacrificed herself to defeat All for one so that Toshinori can achieve his dreams doesn't make her forgiving enough to just leave her son like that. I just hate how she left out her family and prioritized to save strangers like that I mean, I would've been angry too like Kotaro and wouldn't have admired her at all if MY Mother was like that. If Nana was just like a normal Mother then I don't think Kotaro wouldn't have abused Tenko and would've supported him even. So you can say that One for all is both a curse and a blessing.
ScottMerica said:
LukaPochi said:
So.. the creepy hand guy killed his family and enjoyed it. Should I care? I already knew he was a villain for a reason

Can't tell if trolling, but would you have preferred if we never found why he was a villain and he remained one dimensional as a result?

He definitely is trolling. I can't see why anyone would dislike such a genius villain writing.
ScordoloSep 21, 2021 10:48 AM

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Sep 21, 2021 10:51 AM

Nov 2018
I was worried about this episode, and Shigaraki's origin was the reason why I was so fucking excited for this arc's adaptation. And oh boy, Bones went all out on those scenes where his quirk activates and he kills his entire family (I feel sorry for his dog and his sis tho). Easily the best episode of season 5 so far.
यदा यदा हि धर्मस्य ग्लानिर्भवति भारत।
अभ्युत्थानमधर्मस्य तदात्मानं सृजाम्यहम् ॥४-७॥

परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम् ।
धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय सम्भवामि युगे युगे ॥४-८॥
Sep 21, 2021 5:25 PM

Nov 2014
Did people actually think the author tried to justify Shigaraki's actions by showing his past? Some mindset people have, sheesh.

I have known of Shigaraki's past (not read the manga) and feared for this to be animated, but holy shit, I did not expect them to add gore into this, they went all in and I begin to like Shigaraki more than I used to do.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2021 1:06 PM
Jul 2019
shane_nichols said:
bruhh dude your fav anime is one piece and you are complaining about the cliche in my hero academia lol speacialy regarding the villians dude one piece is way worse in this case stop bieng a bloddy hypocrite
Sep 24, 2021 10:03 AM

Dec 2015
Feels weird to agree with the majority, but yeah the episode was great. But again let's just state some facts to the people defending the abusive parents. When you're kid in the "heat" of the suffering, you won't start thinking of your actions, you will only feel sadness, pain or even hatred. If you had extremely punitive parents this episode will definitely remember the type of dark thoughts you probably suffered as a kid. It's obviously not "justified", however Shigaraki's feelings is just a natural consequence of what he suffered.

Also, why people are complaining about a villain having a sad backstory? It just feels like those people would prefer a villain who likes being bad for the sake of it, which is just objectively bad.

Back to being positive, I once again have to shout-out to Yuuki Hayashi doing the music. I think he doesn't have the recognition he deserves. Dude has been the best aspect of the series in a long time.With that being said, having an well executed backstory doesn't exactly make me hyped for the future of the series. Hopefully the last 2 episodes can do that.
BetterTasteSep 24, 2021 10:07 AM
Sep 25, 2021 8:33 AM

Dec 2013
Nice to have some Spinner focus for once.

Shigaraki's "training" with Gigantomachia is definitely coming in handy against Redestro. Looks like he's on the verge of getting his own power up!

Shigaraki's purposefully killing his father when he was a kid was a dark moment. It's sad knowing that Nana's son never got the "future full of laughter" that she had hope for.
Sep 25, 2021 11:59 AM
Dec 2012
nice to know Shigaraki's backstory but if that should have victimized him or made him more sympathetic it didn't really work.
his dad had one rule and he kept breaking it. also he kill at least parts of his family intentionally as stated.
just an unstable kid. i think even without quirks he could have killed them sooner or later
Sep 25, 2021 12:00 PM
Jan 2021
I was honestly shocked.

I assumed the episode would focus more on the battle with Shigaraki and Re-Destro, but I was mistaken. This episode prioritized telling us about Shigaraki's past and essentially explaining how he became a villain.

He always aspired to be a hero but unfortunately for him his father Kotaro Shimura resented the idea of heroes because his mother, Nana Shimura, abandoned him. Anytime he mentioned being a hero he was punished severely. What's really messed up is that no one tried to support him at all. His mother and relatives just tried to justify his father's behavior and therefore he felt alone. His older sister Hana blamed him for finding the picture of Nana Shimura when it was her who showed it to him. She did apologize for it later, but it was too late.

Shigaraki ended up killing everyone who lived with him and now the next episode will go into the part of his life where he meets AFO and becomes the Devil's Successor.

I'm even more curious as to the events of Shigaraki's life.
Sep 25, 2021 12:04 PM
Jan 2021
Scordolo said:
Many people are hating Kotaro for doing this to Tenko but what many people don't realize is that Nana is in the fault too. Just because she sacrificed herself to defeat All for one so that Toshinori can achieve his dreams doesn't make her forgiving enough to just leave her son like that. I just hate how she left out her family and prioritized to save strangers like that I mean, I would've been angry too like Kotaro and wouldn't have admired her at all if MY Mother was like that. If Nana was just like a normal Mother then I don't think Kotaro wouldn't have abused Tenko and would've supported him even. So you can say that One for all is both a curse and a blessing.
ScottMerica said:

Can't tell if trolling, but would you have preferred if we never found why he was a villain and he remained one dimensional as a result?

He definitely is trolling. I can't see why anyone would dislike such a genius villain writing.

Yeah I disagree entirely. Obviously she was the only one who would be able to take on AFO. Had she stepped down from the challenge the world itself could've been destroyed. Imagine what would've happened at Camino Ward if All Might decided not to take on his final battle against AFO. The LOVs would've been successful in their plans and could've drastically shaped the current quirk society.
Sep 25, 2021 12:49 PM
Oct 2016
this is horrible they actually tried to pretend that it wasn't his fault and he isn't as bad as he seems, yes he is he is the worst fucking person ever and he is not redeemable at all
Sep 25, 2021 10:43 PM

Mar 2018
This is the least tragic backstory I've ever seen.
Normal family, Normal (and slightly aggressive) dad, normal life. Got mad and killed them all and went evil? zzzzzzzz
Sep 26, 2021 2:47 AM

Jul 2020
KingBaller06 said:
Scordolo said:

Yeah I disagree entirely. Obviously she was the only one who would be able to take on AFO. Had she stepped down from the challenge the world itself could've been destroyed. Imagine what would've happened at Camino Ward if All Might decided not to take on his final battle against AFO. The LOVs would've been successful in their plans and could've drastically shaped the current quirk society.

Then why consider having family in the first place if she decides to leave them entirely?

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Sep 26, 2021 2:16 PM

Nov 2018
when the dog died I was like, "damn he really is a villain" . that was wild.
Sep 26, 2021 2:56 PM
Jan 2021
Scordolo said:
KingBaller06 said:

Then why consider having family in the first place if she decides to leave them entirely?

It's not she knew that she would have to leave her family to go fight AFO. I'm sure she just wanted to keep the peace of the world just like All Might. Also having a family is a general aspiration that a lot of us, including myself, would want. That way our legacy can live on.

Besides that there are a plethora of reasons to have a family but at the end of the day you're assuming Nana Shimura knew ahead of time she would have to leave to fight AFO and potentially not come back.
Sep 26, 2021 4:20 PM
Jun 2013
shane_nichols said:
AniPhoenix said:
would you have preferred a 1 dimensional villain who's evil just because they are? That's how it sounds like to me
You dont need a backstory to make someone evil all the time dude. Just look at Light Yagami or Johan Libert even Friezas a better villain than this joke

You clearly don't even know what you're talking about, Light was never a crazy bad person, he became corrupted by the power he got from the Death Note, if he never founded, he would be just a regular human being, not a killer, there you have a reason why he became a villain, and why the hell are you using Frieza, one of the most over the top villains from a franchise known for having very little character depth as a example? this isn't DB, you're the one who doesn't have a freaking brain here lol
Sep 26, 2021 7:18 PM

Jul 2020
KingBaller06 said:
Scordolo said:

It's not she knew that she would have to leave her family to go fight AFO. I'm sure she just wanted to keep the peace of the world just like All Might. Also having a family is a general aspiration that a lot of us, including myself, would want. That way our legacy can live on.

Besides that there are a plethora of reasons to have a family but at the end of the day you're assuming Nana Shimura knew ahead of time she would have to leave to fight AFO and potentially not come back.

She could've taken it into account that potentially she may not come back alive after the fight of Afo. I've seen similar stories like in Miraculous Ladybug (don't know if you're familiar with it or not) but in it Master Fu had to leave his girlfriend and live alone to protect the Miraculous's(powerful supernatural beings) from Evil hands. These two scenarios have similar circumstances but instead Nana chose to have family and Master fu did not and comparing these two scenarios I have MUCH more respect for Master Fu than Nana.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Sep 27, 2021 12:16 AM
Jan 2021
Scordolo said:
KingBaller06 said:

She could've taken it into account that potentially she may not come back alive after the fight of Afo. I've seen similar stories like in Miraculous Ladybug (don't know if you're familiar with it or not) but in it Master Fu had to leave his girlfriend and live alone to protect the Miraculous's(powerful supernatural beings) from Evil hands. These two scenarios have similar circumstances but instead Nana chose to have family and Master fu did not and comparing these two scenarios I have MUCH more respect for Master Fu than Nana.

We as the audience have no context of Nana's history after getting OFA, giving it to Toshinori Yagi, and then everything leading up to the fight with AFO. As I've explained before, there are a plethora of reasons to have a family and for all we know she had one prior to getting OFA or even becoming a hero in general. Even if that's not the case, why would she just choose not to have one if it's something she wants?

With this mindset any OFA user shouldn't have a family because there's a risk they are going to die. In face we can make this argument for any superhero, policeman, and literally any occupation in which the employee can die. At the end of the day she's not predicting the future and she's not going to know the effects that her leaving will have on her son. She fights for the world she wants to live in as anyone else should.
Sep 27, 2021 12:51 AM

Jul 2020
KingBaller06 said:
Scordolo said:

We as the audience have no context of Nana's history after getting OFA, giving it to Toshinori Yagi, and then everything leading up to the fight with AFO. As I've explained before, there are a plethora of reasons to have a family and for all we know she had one prior to getting OFA or even becoming a hero in general. Even if that's not the case, why would she just choose not to have one if it's something she wants?

With this mindset any OFA user shouldn't have a family because there's a risk they are going to die. In face we can make this argument for any superhero, policeman, and literally any occupation in which the employee can die. At the end of the day she's not predicting the future and she's not going to know the effects that her leaving will have on her son. She fights for the world she wants to live in as anyone else should.

Lol you really beat me to it. You have won this time.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Sep 27, 2021 11:22 AM
Jan 2021
Scordolo said:
KingBaller06 said:

Lol you really beat me to it. You have won this time.

I am glad that we were able to have this discussion in a productive manner :D
Sep 30, 2021 3:32 PM

Jul 2014
I knew Shigaraki's backstory wasn't going to be a happy one but fuck man, that was sad.
If this is what it would be like if people had powers I'm glad they don't exist in reality, the world would end up destroying itself pretty quickly.

This cements my thought after Togas that episode everyone in the league of villains needs some serious therapy.
Oct 2, 2021 7:59 PM
Aug 2015
So his family was unconsciously creating a monster.
It's kinda sad how Nana was a great hero, but her offsprings became like this.
Oct 6, 2021 7:19 PM

Mar 2014
Damn, it hurts even more seeing this backstory animated. And we finally get to see where his scars came from. The parallels to Deku's story are definitely intentional. How a "loving" family could actually create some deep scars in a child (his dad was absolutely a bastard though, redirecting his anger at his mom at poor Tenko). My theory is that AfO slipped him that destruction quirk at some point along the line, then waited for it to manifest and swoop in to "save" him when no one else would. Then there would be even more parallels between him and Deku, both quirkless and chosen by OfA and AfO. Plus, it would explain his "allergies". That whole deal about some people not being compatible with a quirk? Maybe he was allergic to his own quirk...
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

130 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

200 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

124 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

147 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Today, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2021

215 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Yesterday, 4:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.