Forum Settings
Forums
Three Days of Happiness
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2021 4:29 PM

Aug 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Miyagi finally decided to sell all her life expectancy and spend her last three days with the man she loves and who loves her. Miyagi <3

In the end, renown, the legacy left for this world, other people's opinions, superiority complex, all these things are not worth much compared to the love for another person.

A story that we should read and reread because precious for our own lives.
TuyNOMSep 7, 2021 4:33 PM
Oct 2, 2021 4:45 PM

Nov 2013
TuyNOM said:
You mean the story that says that if you feel your life is worthless, you should throw it out for some fast thrill as that's supposedly worth more than longer but less eventfull life?
You all need to watch Nami.

Oct 3, 2021 4:03 AM

Aug 2015
abystoma2 said:
TuyNOM said:
You mean the story that says that if you feel your life is worthless, you should throw it out for some fast thrill as that's supposedly worth more than longer but less eventfull life?

What fast thrills are you talking about?
Oct 3, 2021 4:06 AM

Nov 2013
TuyNOM said:
abystoma2 said:

"Thrill" being a bit of hyperbole - but those three remaining days will go by fast, and once they die the only thing they achieved was throwing away their potential for a fleeting feeling of romance.

Oct 3, 2021 4:28 AM

Aug 2015
abystoma2 said:
TuyNOM said:

"Thrill" being a bit of hyperbole - but those three remaining days will go by fast, and once they die the only thing they achieved was throwing away their potential for a fleeting feeling of romance.

It is not a novel that wants to highlight an attachment to material goods, fame and all the glories that we can experience in our lifetime. On the contrary, I think the series tries to show the importance of living a modest (not miserable) life.
And also to show that death is inevitable. In fiction, death is often portrayed in a very negative way as a kind of tragedy. It's normal that we feel sad at the idea of losing a loved one or that we don't have time to do things (before we die) but this novel tries to draw away from this aspect, not to glorify a suicidal attitude, but to show that death will necessarily happen one day.

But tbh it's a vision that can be difficult to accept. I don't really get it.
Oct 3, 2021 4:51 AM

Nov 2013
TuyNOM said:

It is not a novel that wants to highlight an attachment to material goods, fame and all the glories that we can experience in our lifetime. On the contrary, I think the series tries to show the importance of living a modest (not miserable) life.
And it does so by having the characters turn down mediocre life for measly three days of "fulfilling" life, which goes directly against this message. And by stating that the initial life was practically worthless and not even worth of living through, of course.

Oct 3, 2021 6:30 AM

Aug 2015
abystoma2 said:
TuyNOM said:

And it does so by having the characters turn down mediocre life for measly three days of "fulfilling" life, which goes directly against this message. And by stating that the initial life was practically worthless and not even worth of living through, of course.
Three days that he decides to have against a life of renowned artist...
Oct 3, 2021 6:45 AM

Nov 2013
TuyNOM said:
abystoma2 said:
Three days that he decides to have against a life of renowned artist...
Supposed life of renowned artist. Do you really think it's realistic to become a world-class artist from a scratch in just that little days left. And keep in mind that's not a whole life worth, just those less than 30 days.

So the novel goes - sacrifice most of your life in exchange for money - fall in love by a pure chance - unlock back your talent - sacrifice most of the little you have left anyway.

If anything, the novel shows how worthless overwhelming majority of his life would have been. The story sends conflicting messages, sure. The author might have wanted to show the value of life, but did the exact opposite.

Not to mentione that the protagonist gained worth only because he was talented. Not because he actually bettered himself, he just started using something he had right from the start. The novel is pretty much saying that he would keep being worthless without his talent and throwing such "worthless" life away had been a good decision. Think about what the moral of that is.

Mar 1, 2022 8:15 PM

Mar 2020
this was great my only nitpick tho is i wish after he paid her debt she disappeared and we never see her again not knowing if this whole thing actually happened or if the mc was just losing his damn mind
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 10, 2022 1:25 PM
Dec 2020
The author really loves playing with fundamentals of life, pretty good story
Sep 3, 2022 6:54 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
I don't quite understand the ending. How could he pay off the debt of Miyagi?

Earlier it was said that his life was only worth 30 Yen and that Miyagi lied to him while assessing his worth, making it higher than it should be. So... If he sold off the remaining 3 months or what it was, how could he get enough money from his 30 Yen worth life to pay off Miyagis debt? Or was the remaining life at the second selling worth more because he became a happy person in the end?

I bet I was just missing one detail, but which one?
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Oct 13, 2022 5:01 AM
Apr 2022
The greatest novel.
Nov 4, 2022 9:08 AM

Oct 2010
I only found out now that this was added, truly one of the best works I have ever read
nothing compares with happiness, be it lasting for 3 days or 3 years, happiness is happiness, it could last for only a moment
I'd rather be happy 3 days than live a worthless unfulfilling life for 90 years. Keep in mind that happiness here refers to true bliss, that one moment where the human is living at his best (not shallow happiness like kissing a girl that one day)
Dec 10, 2022 2:57 PM
Oct 2022
didnt expect it to hit this hard
Jan 16, 2023 9:23 AM

Nov 2021
Hmm, not the ending I was expecting, but still good.

The last part where the whole town starts playing along to Miyugi being real is imo much weaker than the rest of the story.

My second problem (as an artist myself) is the romantization of MC's abilities to draw. It's just not believable that he was "gifted" in the middle school, dropped the pencil around 17, then tried again at 19 (nothing came out of it) and at the end of the story he would just randomly start drawing again after being inspired and over the span of 30 days he would go to become a masterful artist in the likes of de Chirico. Just no lol. It just feels like the writer does not know anything about how art is done and refused to make at least a little research about it, unfortunately.

Though I must say everything before that is written masterfully and hit me in the way that sometimes made me uncomfortable. Really good novel but not a masterpiece imo. Maybe a reread would change my mind on that
Apr 21, 2023 5:36 PM

Feb 2012
Brati said:
I don't quite understand the ending. How could he pay off the debt of Miyagi?

Earlier it was said that his life was only worth 30 Yen and that Miyagi lied to him while assessing his worth, making it higher than it should be. So... If he sold off the remaining 3 months or what it was, how could he get enough money from his 30 Yen worth life to pay off Miyagis debt? Or was the remaining life at the second selling worth more because he became a happy person in the end?

I bet I was just missing one detail, but which one?
I'm so late but it was explained by Miyagi that how a person's life value was determined is by the impact it has on the world and on other people. If you were someone who discover/invent/contribute something amazing or just have a meaningful place in other people's life, each of your years would be worth a lot.

In the original "timeline" Kusunoki's life would amount to nothing. He would remain a bitter, hateful shut-in not interacting with anyone or doing anything with his life. Eventually he would get into an accident that would permanently disfigure him which would amplify his negative traits. This utterly "worthless" life was only worth 30 yen in total, pretty much nothing.

However during his final months he was going out, celebrating his life and talking to and interacting with the townspeople and eventually everyone knew him and were happy to see him. He was as he described it, the lovable clown of the town lifting everyone's spirits. By being so impactful in other people's lives to the point where he will be so dearly missed, his life value shot up by so much he was able to pay off most of Miyagi's debt (this part I feel is a stretch but I won't hold it against the author and will just accept the message he was trying to convey).
Apr 21, 2023 7:07 PM
Jan 2021
This is a good book.
Buy the book.
Read the book.
This is a good book.
May 14, 2023 4:54 AM

Jun 2021
BlufaceBaby said:
this was great my only nitpick tho is i wish after he paid her debt she disappeared and we never see her again not knowing if this whole thing actually happened or if the mc was just losing his damn mind
I did really like the story and even the end but now reading this comment, I think if she disappeared would be a better ending. the ambiguousness of the ending would make it much more interesting to read and discuss about

More topics from this board

» himeno

evergloom98 - Jan 27

7 by evergloom98 »»
Feb 28, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Does it end on a happy ending? (NO SPOILERS) Just yes or no

RimuruTari - Jul 30, 2023

11 by InoriVoid »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Mikkakan no Koufuku Chapter 2 Discussion

TuyNOM - Sep 6, 2021

2 by Albino-52 »»
Jul 26, 2023 5:41 AM

Poll: » Mikkakan no Koufuku Chapter 1 Discussion

TuyNOM - Sep 6, 2021

2 by Albino-52 »»
Jul 26, 2023 5:32 AM

» Is this related to Jumyou?

_lucasvn - Dec 8, 2021

2 by Unoriginality »»
Feb 21, 2022 12:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.