Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 4, 2021 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, the despair on Twice's face...that's terrible. And honestly, I'm not surprised to see him that way after what happened to Toga. She's one of the characters that is closest to him.

This episode felt like a character study of Twice. In different ways, this episode was sad, dramatic, and dark all the same time. Also got to see some of the other villains' roles like Shigaraki, Dabi, etc.

Twice was the most entertaining part of the episode though.
Sep 4, 2021 2:17 AM

Mar 2020
Amazing, just amazing, the tone of this arc is complete opposite of what MHA was. Twice can now take over the whole country. Excited for next week's episode.
Sep 4, 2021 2:54 AM

Jul 2017
Twice's backstory of a physical and mental trauma of cognition gone crazy...DAMN. His sanity of which Toga has made a symbol for him, to remove that would mean nothing but insanity for this villain, who is fighting against Skeptic and his Quirk like Twice to save Toga

The slippery slope for Twice, formerly known as Jin Bubaigawara, with no family and no backbone and relying on his Double Quirk to do more heinous stuff, finding Giran was his salvation.

Twice truly went Unlimited Twice Works with Sad's Man Parade, while the rest of the League of Villains get the unexpected helping hand with THAT many Twice replicas against the Meta Liberation Army, which their numbers aren't as many, but powerful enough to hold them back. Gigantomachia is also on his way, though it would take him sometime to reach the city.

Twice and his copies of Shigaraki, Dabi and Mr. Compress against Re-Destro, and the latter is quietly as powerful as his words suggest. Such an eye-watering episode, and it's time for Re-Destro to face against the true men in name.

I should start reading MHA: Vigilantes soon.
Sep 4, 2021 3:05 AM
Oct 2020
Sheesh this episode was insane.
Sep 4, 2021 3:11 AM
Jul 2020
Far better paced and adapted than the last 2 episodes, pretty happy this time.
Sep 4, 2021 3:13 AM

Dec 2020
This backstory of twice was sad good that giran help him out there his life was a mess.
That must be hard for twice tosee toga in that way.

Next episode shigaraki past.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Sep 4, 2021 3:15 AM
Jul 2020
Ok this is the first episode of mva arc where they did not skip anything. They did justice to twice backstory. I also hope they give justice to the rest of the chapters.
In terms of animation it was a lot better than last week. There are less still images.
I can see some people blaming on manga readers for hyping this arc too much. All I would say for them is the anime butchered the introduction to this arc. The way it was introduced in the manga was much better and I say it again that people should read at least the first 4 chapters of this arc.

Also the preview looks promising.....
Sep 4, 2021 3:26 AM
Mar 2021
As someone who’s been completely disappointed in season 5. This may be my favorite episode in all of my hero academia, good job studio bones.
Sep 4, 2021 3:31 AM

May 2017
another very good episode.

twice is a really cool character.

this villain arc really is fun so far. a shame that it wont be enough to boost the rating since 70% of the season was garbo
shayed__Sep 4, 2021 3:38 AM
Sep 4, 2021 3:32 AM

May 2020
“ Sad Man’s Paradise “ what a perfect name for this episode. I really like how Twice’s cares about his friends and his backstory hits hard especially with the OST. Looks like Gigantomachia is about destroy everything. Looks like Next episode will go craaazzzy!
If you want me to prepare a rope for the sake of hanging yourself, forget it. But… If it's a rope for the sake of pulling you up from Hell, no matter how many ropes it takes, I'll prepare them for you. ~Sakata Gintoki
Sep 4, 2021 3:35 AM
Oct 2016
Amazing episode. Twice showing just how powerful he really is once his mental shackles are broken off. The anime did a really good job this episode shoeing the frenetic ability Twice has with his quirk. Unleashing basically an army of doubles to fight against all the meta liberation members surrounding them. Him seeing Toga almost killed and feeling that pain made him realize he's not as broken as he thought. Twice saw his friends in trouble, the only real friends he's ever had. We see some more of his backstory like how when he was younger everyone turned their backs on him so he just fell deeper and deeper into darkness. Just like we saw last episode with Toga it's another case of someone falling through the cracks in a society. Twice was horribly neglected so he just sought a kickback easy life for himself and his clones. Until that fateful day we saw in his backstory last season where the clones killed themselves and he meet Giran whom then introduced Twice to the League. Its really sad seeing Twice suffer so much but that makes the moment he overcomes all the more powerful! Twice now sees himself for how strong he really is, he's not a clone who's fragile and will disappear. Letting him now be able to create hundreds if not thousands of clones to rampage in the city evening the odds a bit. Along with the doctor sending Gigantomachia a little early to help out since Shigaraki seems to be laughing behind. Speaking of shiggy he's finally reaching ReDestro up in his tower. Twice helping him get there he can confront ReDestro one on one at last. Whom speaking about the mother of quirks reshaping how society viewed meta abilities. Leading to the old Destro to start his movement, which now his son ReDestro wants to restart. Shigaraki tries his best to fight the morphed monster that ReDestro is until the real one down below can disintegrate the tower leading to next episode with the big boss fight confrontation!!! Man next week is gonna be a good one.
Sep 4, 2021 3:40 AM
Jun 2020
Damn Twice was Awesome This Ep
Sep 4, 2021 3:40 AM
Jun 2020
Damn Twice was Awesome This Ep
Sep 4, 2021 3:41 AM

Jun 2014
Hell yeah, Unlimited Twice Works!! Twice has always been one of my favorite MHA characters so it was great to see his episode be adapted so well. His Quirk is no joke and when he pops off you better be careful.

From an adaptation standpoint, this was by far, easily, the best-adapted episode of MVA. They finally didn't skip anything. I guess they sacrificed some of the earlier episodes so that the later parts of this arc would be better. Hopefully the rest of the season can be like this episode, especially next episode with Shiggy's backstory. The preview looked promising so fingers crossed.
thebrentinator24Sep 4, 2021 3:49 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 4, 2021 3:48 AM

Jun 2014
Seigjo said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Hell yeah, Unlimited Twice Works!! Twice has always been one of my favorite MHA characters so it was great to see his episode be adapted so well. His Quirk is no joke and when he pops off you better be careful.

From an adaptation standpoint, this was by far, easily, the best-adapted episode of MVA. Nothing was skipped, aside from some Hawks-related stuff that they can easily come back to and adapt at a later point. I guess they sacrificed some of the earlier episodes so that the later parts of this arc would be better. Hopefully the rest of the season can be like this episode, especially next episode with Shiggy's backstory. The preview looked promising so fingers crossed.

They already adapted the hawks stuff during episode 102.

Oops yeah I forgot about that lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 4, 2021 3:52 AM

Nov 2019
This anime would be so much better if the focus was on the villains instead of Class A

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Sep 4, 2021 4:00 AM
Sep 2021
Great episode. Arc is a downer, but loved Twice this episode!! Still can't understand why didn't shigaraki's double just touch re-destero in 19:14 when his Hand was out of the window. (For a long time too btw)
Sep 4, 2021 4:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That infinite multiplication quirk is epic, that was great to see xD also this end of episode is promising for the next one
Sep 4, 2021 4:06 AM
Aug 2021
I liked the lore and quirk development for Twice
Sep 4, 2021 4:06 AM

Jan 2009
as expected they use 3DCG on the army of Twice (Unlimited Clone Works) but they only show it on far away view so its not that noticeable easily

the power of love and courage can solve everything!

Sep 4, 2021 4:08 AM
May 2021
The preview for the next ep looks like what I've been expecting from this arc but apart from twices recovery from his trauma there wasn't much going on this episode
Sep 4, 2021 4:09 AM
Apr 2021
This episode was definitely the best episode this season (so far)! Hopefully the next episode will be as good. The preview looked promising
Sep 4, 2021 4:15 AM
Feb 2021
This episode is my favourite so far and not just in season 5 ,if done properly the next episode will take that spot.
The animation this episode was amazing there were still frames but that's something all anime do.
Small bit of shigaraki clone vs redestro reminded me of todo vs Yuji . Also redestro's moves were amazingly animated although I had hoped for the last scene they would've gone with a more detailed version coz that panel in the manga is one of my favourites .
Sep 4, 2021 4:18 AM

May 2020
It was one of the most anticipated moment of this season, Twice Army. Their numbers have no limit whatsoever.
We also got a glimpse of Re Destero's power, and now next week Shigaraki's past will be opened up. It will be even more interesting.
Softhenic03Dec 4, 2021 2:53 AM
Sep 4, 2021 4:40 AM
Oct 2018
Twice backstory and army of twice were amazing. Next 2 episodes are the most anticipated eps of season 5. Hopefully they go all out with animation and don't skip anything.
Sep 4, 2021 4:58 AM

Jul 2019
Good episode, i have no complaints, Machia sprinting almost jumpscared me lmao.

I hope Studio Bones will do justice to the remaining episodes.
Sep 4, 2021 5:03 AM

Jun 2019
A Decent episode once again. I enjoyed Twice's personality and quite a lot of action in this episode. I like his so many different personalities at the same time. Shadow Clones at its best. The Liberation Army is pretty strong themselves. They're not to be taken lightly by any means.

More action coming in the next episode.
Sep 4, 2021 5:08 AM

Mar 2021
Good thing they didn't mess up Sad Man's Parade
Girls in my class start to cry if I even make eye contact with them
- Ishigami Yuu
Sep 4, 2021 5:21 AM

Jan 2021
Wow, Twice got his power up. He also reminded me of the cum villain from OnePunch Man haaskjaha
>I got through it with love and courage. What a great line

Well, the story of the liberation army has been explained to us. I think the name could be improved, even Destro 2 is better than Re-Destro xd
Ok episode, nothing too spectacular so far
Sep 4, 2021 5:22 AM

Apr 2015
This episode flew by! Twice the MVP this week as he managed to protect Toga and some other of the League of Villains.

Shigaraki crumbling down that tower was pretty epic not gonna lie. Seems we'll cover his past next week. Surprisingly good arc so far.
Sep 4, 2021 5:34 AM

Feb 2014
I really enjoyed this episode. Twice's back story was a rather gloomy and sad one, which makes it understandable as to why he's what he is now, but his power-up came in clutch for his team, as well as saving Toga from any further harm.

Also, his power-up did mean we got to his his funny catchphrases and remarks during the league of villain's comeback against the liberation army, especially his "love and courage" line. XD

Also thanks to him, he gave Shigaraki the chance to finally destroy the tower, which has given him a proper one versus one fight against Re-Destro. I'm expecting some good fight scenes in the next episode, as well as a look to his origin story, too.
Sep 4, 2021 5:47 AM
Feb 2021
Those frames of twice posing just reminded me of dead pool each time, loved it!
Sep 4, 2021 6:58 AM

May 2021
Twice gives off some strong deadpool vibes.
No complaints this episode, but Toga's got a pretty strong neck
Sep 4, 2021 7:04 AM
May 2021
At this point, I’ve already gotten used to the still images season 5 used so far.
Sep 4, 2021 7:31 AM

Jul 2013
Good episode. We got to see Twice's backstory, can't wait for next week's episode on Shigaraki's past.
Sep 4, 2021 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
As usual hearing the legendary Tomokazu Sugita embracing another interesting role is quite a treat. ✨

Very nice episode for Twice-chan, reminds me of a very eccentric version of Tajū Kage Bunshin no Jutsu.

Ki11grave said:
Is this bad that I agree with Re-Destro?

It's very understandable to some degree at the very least, reminds me of the clashing philosophies of X-Men's Prof. Xavier vs Magneto.

Even in real life too now that I think about it: a quick peek into mankind's history shows how people in the past have treated other people horribly merely for possessing supposedly 'non-ideal' traits or for being different in general, either revolutionary ideas that go against the 'elite' of that particular time or straight up witch-hunting people for superstitious reasons. Excessive group-thinking combined with fear is usually a nasty combination.
Sep 4, 2021 7:51 AM
Jul 2021
That was amazing, it stayed true to the manga and sent chills, 5/5
Sep 4, 2021 7:52 AM

Oct 2016
They shafted Spinner and messed up the introduction to the arc, but the last two episodes Toga and Twice's was fantastic. They did Sad Man's Parade justice, ost placements and of course the songs themselves are also top notch. Knowing what happens next, can't wait for the next episode.
Sep 4, 2021 7:58 AM
Oct 2019
Broo this is what we waiting for...

Twice story was quite interesting.

God damn Re-Destro power was Insane!
Ohh so he got the power from Destro somehow?
Sep 4, 2021 8:17 AM

Oct 2020
A lot of focus on Twice in this episode. Twice's backstory was pretty tough and, he seems to have leveled up all from the power of love and courage. The preview for the next episode looked exciting. Definetely looking forward to seeing more shigaraki action.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2021 8:35 AM

Apr 2014
I gotta say they did a nice job for once for the MVA episode. At least the art and animation seems to have more effort now. Now the next event is where the real test begins.
Sep 4, 2021 9:06 AM

Aug 2016
Definitely one of the better episodes of the season but still not great. Pacing in the second half got stronger for sure but the first half was a bit of a mess.
Sep 4, 2021 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
Lol they are just empowering shigaraki and his buddies lol
Sep 4, 2021 9:29 AM

Feb 2021
Damn Twice sure has been through a lot. Well now he doesn't doubt himself anymore and can use his powers to it's full extent.

Toga is still unconscious.

Dabi is struggling against the ice user.

Shigaraki with the decay though! It's as if his quirk can decay anything and can even spread to some extent now. Is it because of the experiment he went through?

Anyway it was a decent episode.
DeonXSep 4, 2021 10:11 PM

Sep 4, 2021 9:32 AM

Feb 2021
BarelyCreative said:

Ki11grave said:
Is this bad that I agree with Re-Destro?

It's very understandable to some degree at the very least, reminds me of the clashing philosophies of X-Men's Prof. Xavier vs Magneto.

Lol I thought I was the only one finding all of this similar to the X men plot.

Sep 4, 2021 10:09 AM
May 2021
ok im an anime only so please do not spoil anything but are we going to get dabi’s backstory this season? or ever for that matter cuz i feel like he is gonna be someone very important as nothing about him is known (real name, backstory, even the name of his quirk which is like legit the one thing we know about the villians prior to this arc)
Sep 4, 2021 10:28 AM

Apr 2018
Glad that Twice's backstory was well done, a very good episode. The CGI felt a bit off but Twice's rage was incredible. Pretty hilarious how he could have done everything by himself. Shigaraki vs Re-destro with a bit of backstory.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 4, 2021 10:42 AM
Nov 2020
From the preview i see the animation of the god yutaka nakamura,this episode is the best of this arc so far
Sep 4, 2021 12:00 PM
Nov 2019
Easily the best episode of this season so far. Really wish every MVA episode had been like this. They did Twice's moment justice, had a great soundtrack, and didn't skip or speed through anything.
Sep 4, 2021 12:19 PM
Nov 2019
This was a solid 4/10 episode. Still can't believe the used Stain Ost instead of Twice's own Ost.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.