Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2021 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not going to lie, this episode felt kinda slow. One of the weaker ones imo.

At least they got everyone in the right place for now and they're starting to set up for the big battles.

Sep 3, 2021 6:05 PM

Sep 2018
An average episode before climax. This ep felt slow because of slow pace: 3 chapters were adapted. Just few sentences but the voice of Nova was very suitable for his character! Great job! XD. Next ep will be muchhhh better for sure!
Btw the trouble pentagon lol

Sep 3, 2021 6:15 PM

Dec 2020
They adapted 55 pages only again. slow pace those days. and some adds again. (Chiu, heroes apparence, Chess guard apparence etc.)
Average episode indeed. Emotional moment with Avan was the top of the episode.

Nova's voice is ok the seiyu is not in Bakugo boring mode from MHA.

Hadlar's guards scene was very "sentai" they want to sell toys about them or what ?
Sep 3, 2021 7:37 PM
Oct 2016
Bakugo joins Dai and the heroes! Or at least his voice actor does since that was none other than Nobuhiko himself voicing Nova at the end of the episode. I've been waiting for that dude to show his face since his voice actor and character design were announced. Ready for Dai to have some fresh faces in this fight since our main group has been leveling up a lot recently. This guy Nova looks to be a real og but we'll have to see since the Hadlar Royal Guard made of orihalcum just decided to interrupt the heroes preparation time. Made me really nervous when the chess pieces just plopped down on the docks ready to fight. These guys certainly won't be pushovers especially since its one big team not individual fights. Maybe now that Baran knows dark king Vearn wants to raise hell on earth Baran will help out his son fight the dark forces.
Sep 3, 2021 7:39 PM

Jun 2015
My, the Shin-ei Kidan is looking so good in this adaptation
Sep 3, 2021 7:39 PM
Oct 2016
Le-Conteur said:
They adapted 55 pages only again. slow pace those days. and some adds again. (Chiu, heroes apparence, Chess guard apparence etc.)
Average episode indeed. Emotional moment with Avan was the top of the episode.

Nova's voice is ok the seiyu is not in Bakugo boring mode from MHA.

Hadlar's guards scene was very "sentai" they want to sell toys about them or what ?

Gotta make sure they all have their dramatic transformations 😂😂

Also if Nova didn't appear this episode I wad gonna ask y'all manga folk when he's supposed to show up. But the anime itself answered that
Sep 3, 2021 9:57 PM
Sep 2015
Since chess warriors get their own transformation scene, I expect them not to be easily defeated.

I'm wondering if Hyunckel will know who loves him, there's no way he'll know anything less than Popp right? But just as Merle said, one tend to be insensitive to his own romantic potential candidate.

So what will Baran do next? I really want to travel with him! Since he travel alone there's no way he can fulfil his personal need by himself!

Nova's voice actor is the same as Bakugo? I really didn't notice that despite I'm such a Bakugo stalker. Nova is kinda like Hyuckel in the past. They look similar too.
Sep 3, 2021 11:21 PM

Jan 2009
so Dark King Vearn wants a world of Survival of the Fittest eh the strong shall live and the weak shall die kind of place

looks like Baran will become an ally of Dai in the future

that Nova guy looks cool eh, his got a Spirit Sword from the preview i like it
Sep 3, 2021 11:26 PM
Apr 2021
Can’t wait to see the Five Hadlar guard in action
Sep 4, 2021 12:01 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Revive the underworld into the surface. Quite a huge dream that King Vearn got into his mind. Well, rip for Killvearn, one slice and fell down. Or not, ofc he's still alive, silly me.

Back to Dai and co, everyone seems ready enough and i'm not be fret with a little tiny bits of what Popp said on the balloon. Lol at what Merlin said though.

Avan's homeland, as wreck as expected. Chuu, what your little ass doin there? The plan has been prepared, but suddenly the chess pieces Hadlar's guard launch an ambush first, surprising the people on the north. Nova, the new character appeared, and looks like i will get some new action onward. Can't wait for it....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 4, 2021 12:08 AM

Dec 2018
So that Hyunckel in the OP is indeed not Hyunckel, but Nova lol
Sep 4, 2021 2:50 AM

Nov 2007
So cute, it's like they are doing relay when they went to pick up the book.

Makai to go up to human world? Main guy's father has not just hidden but regaining the power.

One of the mages is in love w. KajiKaji's character?

The place for final battle is also teacher's place?

Whole chess team!

New character, a.k.a northern hero appearing to volunteer to fight them next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 4, 2021 3:16 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn the chess pieces are already attacking, I can't wait to see the fight, and that Nova dude seems interesting as well.
Sep 4, 2021 3:26 AM

May 2012
Chess transformation look cool

Nova voice actors is perfect for this character (it is same voice as Bakugo from hero academia)

Also, the pace is perfect. It is not slow pace at all. It is normal pace, this how things should be adapted. Many of the older episodes were rushed, like they removed some scenes and some dialog are shortened or cut ...... I hope future episodes have same pacing as this episode.
Sep 4, 2021 5:01 AM

Dec 2020
thepath said:
Chess transformation look cool

Nova voice actors is perfect for this character (it is same voice as Bakugo from hero academia)

Also, the pace is perfect. It is not slow pace at all. It is normal pace, this how things should be adapted. Many of the older episodes were rushed, like they removed some scenes and some dialog are shortened or cut ...... I hope future episodes have same pacing as this episode.

When i said "slow" pace it wasn't a bad thing in my mouth.

Usually they adapted 70-75 pages for 1 episode
And those days it was 55 pages for one episode.

They added things that's a good thing. But in other hand, i hope it will not be restricted to 100 episodes only and i hope they won't rush some episodes later to catch the delay
Sep 4, 2021 6:41 AM

Nov 2020
I agree, transition episode, and yes, chess pieces transformation was so cool.

Sep 4, 2021 9:22 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I curious to see how strong Nova is in the next episode. Hopefully he doesn't end up being cannon fodder for the Hadlar's Royal Guard.
AddaeAkonoSep 4, 2021 9:25 AM
Sep 4, 2021 5:39 PM
Jul 2018
one more episode with great moments with the interaction with the characters is with the focus on the character and with the villains of the show although there was some information from the demons.
Sep 5, 2021 2:27 AM

Oct 2008
Okamoto Nobuhiko voiced Nova?!? interesting!!...
oh no! Hadlar Royal Guard imminent attack! those other fighters are absolutely goners against them!
i hope everyone's training are sufficient against the Royal Guard! damn! if they have a hard time against the RG then they are not gonna stand a chance against Hyper Hadlar!
as expected Killvearn will not have an easy time against Baran!
5/5.

Sep 5, 2021 5:57 AM

May 2018
The cum knights have appeared! Let's see how Dai's group fares now that they have powered up
Sep 5, 2021 7:54 AM

Dec 2020
good episode

but there is a thing that i don't understand

the underworld ??? is that a planet ? or it's a place on the earth deep below the ground ?
Sep 5, 2021 8:47 AM

Dec 2020
The underword is UNDER the world (below the ground)

Vearn's plan is to eliminate all beings on the surface (Mainly humans but also weak monsters, dragons, some demons) destroys eveything and makes ascend the underworld into the surface.

The most wonderful creatures : Mainly demons and Monsters or the great dragon Velther (that Baran killed before Dai's birth) are in underword. They only rely on violence , fight and strenght. He wants them to be free, free to see the sun they never saw, free to fight in bloody fights and he wants to rule them all.

That's the reason why Baran said to Killvearn a cool sentence when he cut him in two pieces : "What you described is what people calls HELL !" (not the paradise Vearn is planing to impose)
Le-ConteurSep 5, 2021 9:01 AM
Sep 5, 2021 9:14 AM

Dec 2020

Le-Conteur

it all makes sense now
thanks

Sep 27, 2021 5:07 AM
Oct 2019
i like build up episode like this...

So, Baran gonna join Dai to fight Vearn now?

omg Chiu doing stupid shit again...

Hey new character Nova is voice by Nobuhiko Okamoto.. another popular seiyuu has join DQ Dai.

Oct 23, 2021 10:39 AM

Mar 2010
Everything is always on hard mode lolz. to think all the chess pieces would gather tho.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Oct 21, 2022

111 by akihikosama »»
May 8, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

133 by jyagan0 »»
May 5, 4:16 PM

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.