Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 13, 2021 6:49 PM
Jun 2021
Btw if vanitas doesn't end up with jeanne it will break my heart it is like that vanitas does not want jeanne to love him back
Aug 13, 2021 7:20 PM

Jun 2019
This is getting into some pretty kinky shit. Fortunately, it has some significance to the characters so that helps it not feel like fanservice trash. Pretty low key aside from that though. The comedy when they were at the table made me chuckle a few times so that was a nice change-of-pace. We’ll see how long the “Jeanne not loving Vanitas” shtick will last, because he has her completely under his thumb right now.
Aug 13, 2021 8:20 PM
Sep 2008
Vanitas and Jeane relationship is so much better than that Bocchan and the pervert maid.
Aug 13, 2021 9:23 PM
Jul 2020
this episode scream bisexual omg. but still i love vanitas x jeanne ❤❤❤❤❤
Aug 13, 2021 9:30 PM
Feb 2021
elany said:
I'll be honest, the fact that so many people watched this episode and came away with "Noe likes Jeanne" is downright baffling. It's basically seeing the words 'red herring' and thinking you caught a whole damn fish.
But oh well, somebody else has pointed out already that the situation is a bit more clear in the manga.

Alice0006 said:

I thought the new character will appear this week but he is not, please appear next weeeekkkkkk

Please, golden retriever boy when!!

Indeed, people must be crazy to believe what multiple scenes directly infer. Clearly THEY are the ones at fault.
Aug 13, 2021 10:02 PM

Jan 2011
sometimes i forget how horny this show is ,i just want Domi and our boy to be together but that ant happening.

at least Jeanne isn't completely won over nothing but bad news falling for Noe
Aug 13, 2021 10:21 PM
Oct 2020
This episode was yaoi yuri bait thé whole time lmao. What happened to saving the vampires? I don’t mind I guess but Hopefully the senate inteeresting.
Aug 13, 2021 10:25 PM

Aug 2020
Damn this anime is horny.... in a good way.
The chemistry between characters is really good. [s]I hope someone sucks my blood like that[/b]

Overall a good episode, this anime might become my #1 this season.
Aug 13, 2021 10:36 PM
Apr 2018
This episode was the most bisexual thing I see in y life...
I love it.
Every chapter I love more the chemistry with the characters, even if it's creepy. Now I wonder, how is going to continue the story from now?
Aug 13, 2021 11:23 PM

Jan 2021
The blood-sucking scenes are always erotic and sensual omg I love it yet I can't help myself from blushing lol. (〃 ω 〃)

The name of this episode is love and I really like how different types/kind of love are presented. I love Domi so much.

"I have zero interest in the sort of person who would love me." it was an unexpected answer. But from now on if Jeanne feels thirsty she will only suck Vanitas' blood, so... slowly but sure Jeanne will fall in love with Vanitas. What will happen then~
hanakocheeksAug 13, 2021 11:34 PM

Aug 13, 2021 11:52 PM

Jul 2016
Man, the relationship/dynamic between Vanitas and Jeanne is so weird and sometimes awkward to watch. Probably it's just me but it's like seeing a man forcefully imposing himself onto a woman who clearly feels uncomfortable with his advances. Not to mention he's now blackmailing her but well.

Another OK episode. Jeanne's character has been quite the disappointment lately since all she has done is being a blushing mess but thank god Domi is still around. The love she feels towards Noé is sweet and quite passionate so I hope it's actually reciprocated because Noé constantly staring at Jeanne sure was making me feel more than nervous...
Aug 13, 2021 11:58 PM

Jan 2021
Holy shit, that last part of dance was gorgeous AF with those effects.
Aug 14, 2021 1:16 AM

Apr 2018
MugenNoShirayuki said:
elany said:
I'll be honest, the fact that so many people watched this episode and came away with "Noe likes Jeanne" is downright baffling. It's basically seeing the words 'red herring' and thinking you caught a whole damn fish.
But oh well, somebody else has pointed out already that the situation is a bit more clear in the manga.

Please, golden retriever boy when!!

Indeed, people must be crazy to believe what multiple scenes directly infer. Clearly THEY are the ones at fault.

See, you make it sound like that's the only possible interpretation, which it isn't. it's only one out of a few.
My confusion is less so with people reaching this conclusion, and more with just how many ignored every other possibility in favour of believing it.
But, like I already said, I came in with some prior knowledge which likely influenced my reading.
Aug 14, 2021 1:20 AM

Aug 2017
SouthRzVa said:
Man, the relationship/dynamic between Vanitas and Jeanne is so weird and sometimes awkward to watch. Probably it's just me but it's like seeing a man forcefully imposing himself onto a woman who clearly feels uncomfortable with his advances. Not to mention he's now blackmailing her but well.

Another OK episode. Jeanne's character has been quite the disappointment lately since all she has done is being a blushing mess but thank god Domi is still around. The love she feels towards Noé is sweet and quite passionate so I hope it's actually reciprocated because Noé constantly staring at Jeanne sure was making me feel more than nervous...

It's not only you, I got the same feelings about Jeanne and Vanitas.
About Jeanne, I think that I expected more from her too. As I also like Domi, Noé who seems to show interest in Jeanne made me a little worried.
Aug 14, 2021 1:30 AM
May 2021
if jeanne is a curse bearer why didn't vanitas just cure her ?
Aug 14, 2021 6:17 AM

Oct 2016
After all the pain this was a really great lighthearted episode! I like how relevant this episode is to the current part of the manga. The show pretty much has something for everyone. For the straight romance lovers, yuri lovers and bl lovers lmao.

I love Jeanne she's great. It's sad that Vanitas has no interest in someone that would fall in love with him, probably because he doesn't think too highly of himself. Really looking forward to the next episode!
Aug 14, 2021 7:11 AM

Sep 2015
Really enjoyed this ep, I like the relationship progression of Jeanne and Vanitas.
Aug 14, 2021 7:28 AM

Sep 2017
Everybody wants to bone each other. Must be some wild doujins.
Aug 14, 2021 8:41 AM

Oct 2008
This is gender confusing sometimes gay sometimes straight!
btw the ED is growing on me LMYK
4/5

Aug 14, 2021 8:58 AM
Jun 2020
Faisal172 said:
THIS. as an anime only, idk if it's been explained in the manga or if this is just some plothole we will just have to see as the story progresses
Aug 14, 2021 9:24 AM

Dec 2020
I can't handle this show, the sexual tension between the pairs is too much. Actually paused after the Noè x Domi scene because I'm weak like that.

Vanitas words about him not wanting anyone who loves him for him made my heart break a little, and this whole confusion Noè has about his feelings for, I assume Jeanne/Vanitas/Domi, are very interesting.

I've seen some discussion about him sort of having "feelings" for Jeanne because of his own twisted way of understanding love, jealousy and feeling like Vanitas was "his" in a way. I really hope he sees Domi as someone to love though, poor baby.
Aug 14, 2021 9:31 AM

Dec 2020
SouthRzVa said:

I can see why you'd think this sort of dynamic is weird, everyone has their tastes, but he's not "forcefully imposing himself onto a woman who's clearly uncomfortable" - it's reciprocal. Jeanne is simply shy.

Also, how is he blackmailing her? She could've said no and guaranteed he wouldn't say anything, and his requests were beneficial to both (and her calling him his name is fair).

elany said:

See, you make it sound like that's the only possible interpretation, which it isn't. it's only one out of a few.
My confusion is less so with people reaching this conclusion, and more with just how many ignored every other possibility in favour of believing it.

In my case, I understood it as Noé trying to understand his feelings towards people, including Vanitas and Domi. He's almost like a child in terms of how he understands those feelings, thus asking about Love. Maybe something to do with seeing VxJ and his own relationship with Domi.
KaeraNyuAug 14, 2021 9:37 AM
Aug 14, 2021 10:22 AM

Aug 2020
I hate the fact Noe likes Jeanne too, Domi is such a good character ffs
Aug 14, 2021 12:57 PM
May 2021
umaruchan26 said:
Faisal172 said:
THIS. as an anime only, idk if it's been explained in the manga or if this is just some plothole we will just have to see as the story progresses

i can already see it firing back. like they are fighting someone and her curse takes over
Aug 14, 2021 1:11 PM

Mar 2017
This episode was catering for ALL THE SHIPS! They all have such incredible chemistry with each other but you can feel the heat most between Vanitas x Jeanne & Domi x Noe! The scene between Domi & Noe was so sexy but also really sweet!

Felt like this ep subtly revealed a lot about Vanitas's psychology too with the fact that he isn't interested in the person he loves loving him back - it hinted at the idea he feels he shouldn't be loved imo
Aug 14, 2021 2:04 PM
Dec 2019

____ THIS IS GONNA BE LONG
Look all I have to say is that this episode was hot and vanitas knew exactly what he was doing like is it just me or is it that he feels like it when you watch him on the screen it’s like you’re getting seduced by him it can’t be just me please because then I will be weird over here please. Anyways the bloodsucking seen’s we’re great and the way that it went more in depth into their characters really kept me engaged Like how Vanitas wants to love jeanne but doesn’t want to be loved by her is just such a refreshing character that I haven’t seen in a while that makes me understand him a lot more and what kind of person he is for him he watches the thrill of feeling love but he doesn’t want the commitment that comes with it even though he is pretty possessive of Jeanne. In contrast to him the fact that noe really doesn’t know anything about love and the fact that he’s confused but also jealous and intrigued about the fact that he really wants to suck vanities his blood has me going to Ferrell not gonna lie and his relationship with Domi is very intriguing because after everything they have gone through I kind a want to know what lead to them being so intimate yet so oblivious to what they’re doing I mean domi obviously knows but noe doesn’t and I kind of want to know what happened to have it be like that but I’m pretty sure that is already explained through his obliviousness. domi she was just so adorable this episode like I honestly want to know if she’s going to end up with noe because her dynamic with him it’s just so refreshing it’s the childhood friend of Troop but with a twist instead of the childhood friend being annoying it’s more like the childhood friends is there and they are a reassuring guiding hand that is there to help him and I find that really refreshing from the typical childhood friend that we get all the time. Plus the fact that she’s jealous of Vanitas for earning noes affection when she’s been with him and really wants him to like her back is really love triangle type stuff. now When it comes to Vanitas and jeanne I honestly already know their dynamic is a very cute Vanitas brings out the best in Jeanne because of how he helps her loosen up and not be so rigid and rough around the edges. his teasing her is all in good fun and it’s really cute to see her reactions. For Jeanne loyalty is literally everything to her so when you have someone like Vanitha who comes in and disrupt that (meaning that. For Jeanne love and loyalty are the same thing so when she is with Vanitas and she feels that emotion that she thinks is loyalty but it’s actually love she feels like she’s betraying the one she cares about). So far the dynamic between them just makes everything better the only thing that I want to see more of is how Jeanne can benefit Vanitas because we already know that Vanitas is basically the one that helps with her rough around the edges type attitude and that’s really cool but what does she do for him. that’s what I wanna know because that’s how I really see relationships. This episode was great the character and depth was great and also the explanation of how vampires and the bloodsucking system works was really refreshing it wasn’t like an actual in-depth look it was more of a comedic explanation and I really like that. This episode was pretty good and it kind a was a breather from the very serious last few episodes that kind of ripped your heart out this one was really calming and fun to watch and not guut wrenching and soul crushing. Overall I really like this episode and it was really fun.
ALCCIDAAug 14, 2021 2:10 PM
Aug 14, 2021 2:21 PM

Oct 2018
Jeanne is really cute and i love her relation with Vanitas who is very funny :')
Aug 14, 2021 3:31 PM

Jul 2020
The episode was pretty good, but is Noe in love with Jeanne cuz he just can't keep his eyes of her?
Aug 14, 2021 5:40 PM
Apr 2020
Noé jealous of Jeanne is so funny. As if Vanitas will allow him to drink his blood if he ask him. Noé is an archiviste afterall. By allowing Noé to drink his blood means he's also revealing his weaknesses. Probably, Vanitas don't like to show his weak side in front of other people, which lies on his past. He's acting strong and independent but for sure he is also vulnerable. But, maybe one day, Vanitas will allow Noé to drink his blood so that Noé will have a better understanding of who Vanitas is, and have a stronger bond or relationship.

Did Vanitas pretend to dislike the tarte just to give it to Noé who loves it very much?!

Aug 14, 2021 9:19 PM
Oct 2018
Noe is so cuteeeee. And he seems like the type to say sweet nothings without batting an eye. Poor Dominique.
Aug 14, 2021 10:52 PM
Jun 2019
Can someone clear my confusion pls! who was noe attracted to! was it Vanita or Jeanne ?!! it felt like he was slowly falling for Jeanne ! I'm lost here! pls help me someone!
Aug 15, 2021 2:21 AM

Nov 2019
Amadeux said:
Can someone clear my confusion pls! who was noe attracted to! was it Vanita or Jeanne ?!! it felt like he was slowly falling for Jeanne ! I'm lost here! pls help me someone!

I have made a comment (#43). You can check it out. Some of it was my own deduction, but mostly it is what this episode conveyed directly or indirectly. At most, Noé is "attracted" to Jeanne like we kinda get drawn to say, a movie star. But, the episode conveyed that Noé can't exactly understand love and he can't understand which feelings of him correspond to it. Domi is also kinda concerned about that.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Aug 15, 2021 2:56 AM
Jun 2019
Laplace_kun said:
Amadeux said:

I have made a comment (#43). You can check it out. Some of it was my own deduction, but mostly it is what this episode conveyed directly or indirectly. At most, Noé is "attracted" to Jeanne like we kinda get drawn to say, a movie star. But, the episode conveyed that Noé can't exactly understand love and he can't understand which feelings of him correspond to it. Domi is also kinda concerned about that.

nicely explained! just what I was thinking but gotta say the author did a good job raising the sexual tension! enjoy this series thoroughly till now!
Aug 15, 2021 4:02 AM

Apr 2020
It was hot, that's all. Lmao

Aug 15, 2021 5:42 AM

Nov 2011
Some hot scenes in this episode.

The Vanitas and Jeanne scene when she rips open his shirt and calls him "Vanitas" Lord have Mercy.
Then on the roof with Noe and Domi...god help me!

In regards to Noe's feelings towards Jeanne I think it comes down to the jealousy factor of her leaving her mark on Vanitas first. Add in the interactions between her and Vanitas and I feel like Noe is just trying to understand what the two have for each other. Could there possibly be some sort of attraction to Jeanne? Absolutely. But it could just lead to more of a development with Domi down the line.

Domi was the one I felt the worst for this episode because she clearly has noticed Noe smitten with Jeanne. When she is already having enough trouble getting her feelings across. Just because he knows how delicious her blood is doesn't mean he knows how strong her love is.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 15, 2021 11:23 AM
Nov 2020
They did this episode so good it really put the manga chapter to another level. good episode, can't wait next week.
Aug 15, 2021 12:29 PM

Jun 2020
Lmao 🤣. Funny episode. Also tf? Why did Noe kept looking at Jeanne? Does he also like her? Didn't seem like it tho. Next thing you know Yandere Domi go brrrr.
And damn. The animation is absolutely stunning. Bones is doing such an amazing job.
Aug 15, 2021 2:10 PM

Apr 2018
This episode really pulled me back in with this series. Enjoyed it.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Aug 16, 2021 1:31 AM

Oct 2017
Vanitas the man of culture continues to deliver. Him teasing and taming Jeanne was so much fun. Thou damn I hope Noé is not in love with Jeanne too. I really like Domi and want him to end up with her. The dance scene was really beautiful. Also once again the blood sucking scenes were lewd af.
Aug 16, 2021 6:38 AM

Nov 2019
This has to be gayest episode yet
Aug 16, 2021 8:49 AM

Jun 2016
jeanne and vanitas is perfect ships !!!

i can smells something gayish with vanitas partner !!
Aug 16, 2021 10:59 AM

Mar 2012
I can't decide whether Vanitas is sadist or a masochist...
Aug 16, 2021 12:23 PM
Apr 2017
This episode left me feeling sensual 👀
Aug 16, 2021 8:50 PM

Dec 2020
not really into vanitas and jeanette's "romance" since im just not a fan of that kind of relationship dynamic but man im really liking the cast more and more

noe at the beginning was very meow meow i love him
Aug 16, 2021 10:49 PM
Aug 2021
Hmm personally i think Domi is hotter than Jeanne. I loved Jeanne the first time Vanitas and Jeanne met,now I like Domi.Lmao

https://malsignature.com/?/view?username=oregaweebo&style=normal
Aug 17, 2021 4:15 AM

Apr 2019
The only thing that bothers me about this series is the pseudo-romance of both couples. Maybe it's because I'm not very fond of ladies. Jeanne and Vanitas .... blah. When I saw J. for the first time, I thought it would be such a cool, cold, firm woman, but every time she has scenes with Vanitas she turns into some unfortunate pile of blushes. For now, she is such a toy of Vanitas, because you can see that he is having a great time seeing her shyness and innocence. There's more chemistry between the boys. And it would be best if Vanitas was alone because he is such a free soul. Jeanne totally doesn't suit him. Separately they're ok, but together it looks like they have ecchi scenes with that blood sucking and getting excited. lol

Aug 17, 2021 2:48 PM

May 2018
The scenes between Noé and Domi are SEXY!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Aug 17, 2021 5:01 PM

Jan 2020
The animation is irresistibly beautiful. It's so satisfying and somehow fulfilling to watch.

I think the pacing is a little slow, but that's only because I'm so impatient and would love to see more.

I can't exactly say that Noe loves Jeanne, I don't think he does, but he's probably attracted to her. I wonder what he feels for Domi. Will he always see her as his childhood friend? Is he oblivious to the fact that she has feelings for him? Are the feelings Domi has love or care? So many questions are raised after this episode, and I hope the show will get to them one by one because I'm interested in the romantic aspect of the show.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Aug 20, 2021 7:53 PM

Mar 2009
Please stop with the NTR. Thank you.
Aug 20, 2021 10:57 PM
Dec 2020
Damn, why does this damn show have to be so damn hot...DAMN
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

242 by Sasutaschi »»
Apr 6, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Mar 25, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

148 by wallus81 »»
Mar 24, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Carte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2021

350 by wallus81 »»
Mar 18, 4:24 PM

» The Romance in this story... sucks. ( 1 2 )

AjiX101 - Jan 10, 2022

53 by tragedydesu »»
Mar 8, 9:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.