Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 8, 2021 5:48 AM

Mar 2021

Do you feel protected or unprotected and what do you do when you aren’t feeling secure?
I only feel secure, safe and protected when I think about God and his angels ans when I pray to Jesus and for the Holy Spirit to fill me and help me.
Relying on my own strength can only take me so far and often gets me into trouble somewhere somehow eventually anyway.
GenshinRosariaAug 8, 2021 6:35 AM
Aug 8, 2021 6:51 AM

Dec 2019
i usually feel protected by my parents. i like hugging them multiple times in a day because that makes me happy lol. i tend to depend a lot on the people around me so i feel quite vulnerable when alone. i can barely do anything on my own which is an area i believe i should improve on.
and yeah, as op said, i feel secure and at peace when i pray to god.

"i tried to drown an 8 year old once"
- @marinara-sauce

ใƒใƒณใฎไธ€ๅ‘ณ

Aug 8, 2021 6:58 AM

Sep 2020
I don't need fairy tales to feel safe, I can take care of shit if situation asks for it.
"My la fleur planting haunted gardens
Where the scars are formed
Pluck my heart like harpsichords
'Til one of ours will wash ashore
Baited breath til sharks'll swarm
Bay of pigs we're art of war
Bayonets I'm marching toward
Lately I've been Lobster Boy" 
                                                  - Sadistik

Aug 8, 2021 7:23 AM

Apr 2020
Protected from what...? Physical attacks? I don't feel threatened like 99.9% of the time so I don't need protection, and for that other .1%... I'm a 6'2" male with 5 years of jujitsu training. I can take on attackers, not that anyone has ever tried.
Aug 8, 2021 7:26 AM

Dec 2016
Depends on the area, I try to avoid dangerous areas that are notorious for high crime or avoid areas with high vegetation cause of snakes.
ํ•œ ๋ฒˆ๋งŒ ์‚ด์ง€๋งŒ ์ œ๋Œ€๋กœ ํ•˜๋ฉด ํ•œ ๋ฒˆ์ด๋ฉด ์ถฉ๋ถ„ํ•ด์š”
Aug 8, 2021 8:12 AM
Sep 2019
I feel most protected [i.e. secure or confident] when I mentally discard the fear of death. I still feel fear in the form of "jump-scare-type" situations that shock the senses; but overall, I don't feel like I've much to lose. I don't rely on any other strength beside my own willpower and my personal convictions. Whether I live or die, I think only of being the best version of myself at that moment. So basically - get yourself into the mentality of going "balls-to-the wall, 100%, blaze of glory" at any moment you need to and you won't have to worry about stuff. You've lived the best you could given the circumstances, everything else is out of your control.

Fear is a good thing that keeps us alert and balances our optimism, but I find that it is a waste of energy to allow fear to paralyze us into indecision in the face of perceived danger. when something would generate the feeling of fear, don't just be fearful, try to get a little pissed off; yet inquisitive.

Let me explain...people fear that which is not totally understood (who, what, where, when, how, why). People also fear that which is ingrained in the illogical and logical. Logical things are experiences where you correlate threat to something b/c you've either heard about 2nd hand or experienced something prior 1st hand - the only logical thing is how you psychologically correlate one thing to another. Illogical things are your assumptions on matters that aren't backed by evidence and where correlation does not equate to causation.

You can be a logical person and be fearful, you can also be an illogical person and be fearful, what matters is that you break the control that fear has over you, without totally discarding the fear. Again, fear is a good thing to make you more aware, but it should never control or limit you to the point where you are not being 100% at the top of your game.

We can fear fellow humans, we can fear concepts of war & destruction, of death and deterioration, or the physical or meta-physical.... just don't let that weaken you to the point where you become dependent on only a handful of paths for decision-making.
Aug 8, 2021 8:29 AM
Jul 2018
I feel in a way very protected, because I know that I have a bunch of people, who will have my back, if something happens or if I need to talk to someone.

I feel the best and safe, when I'm with the people I chose myself to be with, and the unsafest, when I have to be in contact with most of my family members.
Aug 8, 2021 8:44 AM

Feb 2021
when i feel unprotected i imgine myself being hugged by someone that cares about me , but its not a real person more like an imaginary one, usually i don't feel protected by people around me except by one person in my class but i haven't seen him or spoke to him in a long time
Aug 8, 2021 8:51 AM

Aug 2018
Kind of a difficult question but I guess it depends on where I am
_______I like rocks__
Aug 8, 2021 10:16 AM

Mar 2021
Salty-GB said:
Protected from what...? Physical attacks? I don't feel threatened like 99.9% of the time so I don't need protection, and for that other .1%... I'm a 6'2" male with 5 years of jujitsu training. I can take on attackers, not that anyone has ever tried.

You’ve got physical covered but what about emotional, spiritual, welfare, wellbeing, mental health etc?
Aug 8, 2021 10:49 AM

May 2013
I think it is pretty obvious I am very mentally insecure and unprotected.

Atleast I live in a safe area so the likelihood of me being found dead in a ditch in minimal.

โ™ก Harder Daddy โ™ก
Aug 8, 2021 12:37 PM

May 2019
I live to conquer and accomplish.

BooshwahNyeh said:
I feel powerful and free, like I could do anything through my own 2 hands.
^
this
Aug 8, 2021 2:27 PM

Apr 2020
SemillaMinoria said:
Salty-GB said:

You’ve got physical covered but what about emotional, spiritual, welfare, wellbeing, mental health etc?

Again, I don't really feel threatened. Emotionally, I have friends and my boyfriend to support me. I'm not a spiritual person so that's not an issue. I live in a country with a good healthcare system so I feel comfortable in my welfare and my mental health is self-managed but I can see a psych if I feel I need to. There are no threats in my life.
Aug 8, 2021 3:57 PM

Feb 2020
I was very protected by my parents - which I was glad for at the time because they saved me from a terrible fate... but I no longer have them. As for spiritual faith? ehh...I dunno we dabbled in that briefly but I've lost an awful lot of faith in it with what's been happening to me lately.

As for what I feel? very unprotected but not just from those reasons alone
Aug 9, 2021 12:53 AM
Jul 2018
Me too I feel protected when I pray to Jesus that's the best way to feel safe and protected :D
Aug 9, 2021 3:28 AM
May 2009
Unprotected. Really nothing stopping people from losing it and doing what ever they like to others if they really wanted to.
Aug 9, 2021 4:07 AM

Mar 2021
Salty-GB said:
SemillaMinoria said:

Again, I don't really feel threatened. Emotionally, I have friends and my boyfriend to support me. I'm not a spiritual person so that's not an issue. I live in a country with a good healthcare system so I feel comfortable in my welfare and my mental health is self-managed but I can see a psych if I feel I need to. There are no threats in my life.

Okay that’s good then. A life free from anxiety is good. Anxiety and secrets make us unstable and ill and we tend to retreat away or lash out. There is no telling how these things will manifest in each person.

The old me is dead now. The cheater. The liar. I have confessed all of my secrets to my partner. I have turned from my wicked ways by the grave of God. Though I will always face temptation and I may sometimes stumble I know that I am not doomed and I won’t despair anymore for The Lord art with me. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ•Šโœ๏ธ

GenshinRosariaAug 9, 2021 4:13 AM
Aug 9, 2021 4:15 AM

Apr 2020
SemillaMinoria said:
Salty-GB said:

Okay that’s good then. A life free from anxiety is good. Anxiety and secrets make us unstable and ill and we tend to retreat away or lash out. There is no telling how these things will manifest in each person.

Oh I feel anxious. I have diagnosed anxiety. That feeling doesn't come from threats though, it's more internal than that.
Aug 9, 2021 4:29 AM

Aug 2020
I don't believe in god but I feel protected by more physical means

ใ€Œ ๐•‚๐•–๐•ช ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•’๐•ฅ ๐•™๐•š๐••๐•–๐•ค ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•”๐•–๐•ค ๐• ๐•— ๐••๐•’๐•ฃ๐•œ๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•ค๐•ค, ๐•ค๐•™๐• ๐•จ ๐•ž๐•– ๐•ช๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ ๐•ฅ๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•– ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•ž ใ€

Aug 9, 2021 7:28 AM

Mar 2021
i feel more secured when i'm around/talking with people i love
Aug 9, 2021 7:47 AM
Apr 2021
I dong personally believe in god and I see nothing wrong with believing in him as my family is religious i just dont get it. Death comes in the same ways it comes for people who dont believe in god. What has god done to save us? We still get sickness's like covid many people died believing in god too. People dedicate their life to god some are killed in terrible ways. So i dont really feel protected by him
Aug 9, 2021 8:05 AM

Jan 2014
I don't think I trust anyone to protect me physically or mentally enough besides myself for the most part but maybe I just havent met the right people. It does sound nice to have someone to rely on though.
โ˜†ใƒปใ€‚ใƒปใ€‚โ˜†ใƒป(* อก° อœส– อก°) ~Aphotic โ˜†ใƒปใ€‚ใƒปใ€‚โ˜†ใƒปใ‚œ
Aug 9, 2021 10:26 AM

Jan 2009
Neither, I just don't feel threatened
Aug 9, 2021 11:00 AM

May 2013
Well I'm replying again because I'm about to do something stupid and unsafe but yolo I guess. Very not secure emotionally and unsafe physically haha.

I'm a wreck that needs help.

โ™ก Harder Daddy โ™ก
Aug 9, 2021 10:30 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not religious, but I feel protected by my community and family.
Aug 13, 2021 12:54 AM

Mar 2016
Not really, but I try to adapt and ready/fortify myself to handle whatever will come.

One step at a time, make a goal and go for it. It's better than succumbing to those feelings. Tackle them.

I'm not religious, nor do I find comfort at all in letting someone else solve my own problems, but I have nothing against anyone who does; but I'd just hope it motivates or encourages them for action, rather than coddles them into submission.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.

More topics from this board

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

857 by zzz »»
1 hour ago

» When did you first experience heartbreak in a romantic sense?

MeanMrMusician - Jun 4

35 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

» Has anyone here tried learning an artificial language?

Malkshake - Yesterday

8 by traed »»
2 hours ago

» What does your username mean? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

91 by hell_angelicx »»
2 hours ago

» What is one thing your country is famous for that you wish it wasn't ( 1 2 )

MadanielFL - Mar 31, 2023

72 by bucciest »»
2 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.