Forum Settings
Forums

report priority system and make some report options

New
Aug 2, 2021 4:00 PM

Jan 2009
@Gween_Gween said - Uhh maybe this is completely unrelated but why is the report button just a blank text? If they want to reduce toxicity they could do some priority system and make some report options so some of them (Like spoilers, NSFW content) get better priority. Seems counterproductive https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1945142&show=0#msg64016643

degAug 2, 2021 4:15 PM
Aug 2, 2021 4:02 PM

May 2021
I like this idea, who was the genius that proposed it?

Aug 2, 2021 4:03 PM

Jan 2009
Gween_Gween said:
I like this idea, who was the genius that proposed it?

its probably you
Aug 2, 2021 4:06 PM

May 2021
I didnt meant to make such to solve the Current Events though, I dont give a fuck about it being destroyed since moderating misinformation is way harder that it should and it could potentially lead to this site getting bad rep. Just that it would make the mods job easier

Aug 2, 2021 4:09 PM

Jan 2009
Gween_Gween said:
I didnt meant to make such to solve the Current Events though, I dont give a fuck about it being destroyed since moderating misinformation is way harder that it should and it could potentially lead to this site getting bad rep. Just that it would make the mods job easier

ye i know thats just my personal take on the matter, i will edit the first post to reflect that
Aug 2, 2021 7:39 PM

Dec 2019
It's a good suggestion.
Click here to see My Tampermonkey Scripts For MAL

If you like my work, please consider supporting it!
https://www.patreon.com/hacker09

Aug 4, 2021 10:54 PM

Mar 2008
How this works on some other sites is a list you choose from the nature of the report.
Aug 10, 2021 9:45 PM
Dec 2017
i think this is a good idea.

Aug 19, 2021 1:36 AM

Mar 2008
Could have the options for report be related to what is being reported such as reviews and forum posts having a couple different options that may be specific to them. But even just a site wide list to pick is fine.
Aug 19, 2021 4:39 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Moderators have a pretty good idea on what each report is about even without clicking them to see the contents.

About a priority system, there technically already is one.
Aug 26, 2021 10:50 AM

Mar 2008
anime-prime said:
Moderators have a pretty good idea on what each report is about even without clicking them to see the contents.

What is it the number of reports something gets? Shouldnt it still be useful to sort the report types instead of going down a list?
Aug 26, 2021 10:56 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
traed said:
anime-prime said:

What is it the number of reports something gets? Shouldnt it still be useful to sort the report types instead of going down a list?
Well, the number of reports is also a huge indicator of something that needs to be taken care of immediately, but even without taking the quantity into account, there are other ways that we get a handle of how important each report is. There is already a sorting system of sorts in place. I am not sure really how much I am allowed to say about the specifics, so I will leave it at that.
Aug 26, 2021 11:01 AM

Mar 2008
anime-prime said:
traed said:

Well, the number of reports is also a huge indicator of something that needs to be taken care of immediately, but even without taking the quantity into account, there are other ways that we get a handle of how important each report is. There is already a sorting system of sorts in place. I am not sure really how much I am allowed to say about the specifics, so I will leave it at that.

Maybe so for forum posts and reviews (though not always since some people are just controlling) but profile comments wont get reported by a bunch of people usually i imagine.

More topics from this board

» Introduce a "lost media" tag to titles

_cjessop19_ - Mar 22

6 by Kwanthemaster »»
3 hours ago

» Sort list by date added

Profaneprayer - Mar 12, 2019

17 by Alexioos95 »»
9 hours ago

» Way of setting all titles to the English version by default

skyblade743 - Apr 9

5 by skyblade743 »»
11 hours ago

» Blocked function is kinda poor?

zech - Yesterday

4 by JKKH »»
Yesterday, 6:01 PM

» Remove Ignored Topics From Recent Anime Discussion Panel

PlasticRobot - Mar 23

2 by PlasticRobot »»
Yesterday, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.