Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 27, 2021 9:11 AM
Apr 2021
The protagonist kinda reminds me of Kirito not gonna lie.
Jul 27, 2021 9:52 AM

Nov 2013
Latifa be Raphtalia's long lost cousin or something...

P.S suck reincarnating as a furry-loli slave...
Jul 27, 2021 12:31 PM

Apr 2018
Pretty good episode.
Rio's adventure has begun in order to find the land that his mom was talking about.
And the food in Galwark Kingdom is unique, pasta. Seems like there's another reincarnated person there. Liselotte is also suspicious.

And damn, Rapthalia came out of nowhere. That was a good fight. Definitly like the blue aura around them. An easy win for Rio. And Latifa, the beast girl, is also an reincarnated person. Well she's was the other girl in the bus.

Well, they ended up on adventure together. The visuals were pretty amazing with the ED song. Beautiful done.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 27, 2021 12:45 PM
Nov 2019
theGodde said:
arsfugal said:
Why kirito didn't told raphtalia that he also from tokyo? I don't see any reason to hide that fact, or is it just to maintain his mysterious black swordman chara?

A lot of mediocre anime this season, still waiting for mushoku tensei s2 and tate yuusha s2...
also strange coincidence that out of all the beast people she just happened to be the one who a random Japanese kid was reincarnated into

also why is that kid pulling the strings, wouldn't it be his dad and the actual people in control who would be in charge of these sort of things. Why would this stuck up prick ever go within 10 metres of a stinky, uncultured, inferior demi-human anyway?

aside from that they just FF a ton of character development between Latifa and Rio.
Also Rio himself is super inconsistent. Is he a hardcore adventurer, or a charming but distant guy? You can't make him both edgy and super nice. This guy's got no flaws and is probably even more bland than Kirito

"Strange Coincidence"? All anime has strange coincidences idiot, if you think like this you probably can't enjoy any kind of fiction, take for example death note, strange coincidence that Light,who happened to picked up death note was a perfect opponent to oppose L, another one is shield hero, strange coincidence that it was naofumi that became the shield hero instead of motoyasu blah blah blah
Also a mc like this isn't new, even the popular rimuru and rudeus is still inconsistent, concluding this in four episodes is peak stupidity
Araragi_8manJul 27, 2021 1:00 PM
Jul 27, 2021 4:24 PM
Apr 2021
Araragi_8man said:
theGodde said:
also strange coincidence that out of all the beast people she just happened to be the one who a random Japanese kid was reincarnated into

also why is that kid pulling the strings, wouldn't it be his dad and the actual people in control who would be in charge of these sort of things. Why would this stuck up prick ever go within 10 metres of a stinky, uncultured, inferior demi-human anyway?

aside from that they just FF a ton of character development between Latifa and Rio.
Also Rio himself is super inconsistent. Is he a hardcore adventurer, or a charming but distant guy? You can't make him both edgy and super nice. This guy's got no flaws and is probably even more bland than Kirito

"Strange Coincidence"? All anime has strange coincidences idiot, if you think like this you probably can't enjoy any kind of fiction, take for example death note, strange coincidence that Light,who happened to picked up death note was a perfect opponent to oppose L, another one is shield hero, strange coincidence that it was naofumi that became the shield hero instead of motoyasu blah blah blah
Also a mc like this isn't new, even the popular rimuru and rudeus is still inconsistent, concluding this in four episodes is peak stupidity
those aren't coincidences, they are direct consequences of events

L existed in that world and had always existed. It is a direct result of Light's actions as Kira that cause L to take on the case. Cause -> effect.
Naofumi is essentially a blank slate at the start of the show, and all the personality traits we know him for are as a result of the betrayal he experienced early on. It's no coincidence who each hero is, as each hero is in fact an archetypal role. We know this because we find out from that Fillial lady that the previous Shield Hero was very, very similar to Naofumi - which would suggest that the Heroes are summoned for each role depending on their personality.

Coincidental storytelling is usually a bad thing. This is because having key characters meet or develop through coincidence reduces character choice. And character choice is important because it informs us on who they are, and develops them. Character choice is by far the most important aspect of storytelling out of anything else. Think about all you favourite (non action) scenes in all of anime. They are probably character choices. A character who makes decisions and faces consequences because of them is more interesting than a character who makes no decisions and is merely carried by coincidence. In layman's terms, coincidence in storytelling can feel cheap and unearned.
There is probably one case where you can get away with coincidental storytelling - and that is in the introduction. Say the story begins because of a coincidence. This way there is no consequences in the story it is avoiding because it is the first event of note in the entire story.

Now if we were to talk character development, my issue is that they want their cake, and to eat it too. They want their MC to be a heartless badass and they also want him to be a charming person. The Rimuru example is probably the closest thing you could have brought up, but Rudeus is about as far from Rio as possible. Not only does he have a very specific character that is expertly developed in subtle and nuanced ways from the very first episode, but he is also incredibly consistent as a result of it. You know Rudeus so well by the first few episodes that you could probably predict what he would do in any given situation. He feels like a real, tangible person.
Going back to Rimuru. He isn't a very well developed character, but he is very consistent. He's always polite and nice to everyone. He's caring and friendly, and doesn't resort to violence unless absolutely necessary.

What I'm saying now is a prediction. In some ways, you are correct that things could (by some miracle) change in future episodes. However the show has already demonstrated many negative tendencies that I sincerely doubt will ever be addressed.

if you read this far, thank you for taking the time. I'm not trying to argue with you per se, but I just wanted to explain to you my viewpoint and everything relating to it because I have no life
o7
Jul 27, 2021 8:11 PM
Nov 2019
theGodde said:
Araragi_8man said:

L existed in that world and had always existed. It is a direct result of Light's actions as Kira that cause L to take on the case. Cause -> effect.
Naofumi is essentially a blank slate at the start of the show, and all the personality traits we know him for are as a result of the betrayal he experienced early on. It's no coincidence who each hero is, as each hero is in fact an archetypal role. We know this because we find out from that Fillial lady that the previous Shield Hero was very, very similar to Naofumi - which would suggest that the Heroes are summoned for each role depending on their personality.

Coincidental storytelling is usually a bad thing. This is because having key characters meet or develop through coincidence reduces character choice. And character choice is important because it informs us on who they are, and develops them. Character choice is by far the most important aspect of storytelling out of anything else. Think about all you favourite (non action) scenes in all of anime. They are probably character choices. A character who makes decisions and faces consequences because of them is more interesting than a character who makes no decisions and is merely carried by coincidence. In layman's terms, coincidence in storytelling can feel cheap and unearned.
There is probably one case where you can get away with coincidental storytelling - and that is in the introduction. Say the story begins because of a coincidence. This way there is no consequences in the story it is avoiding because it is the first event of note in the entire story.

Now if we were to talk character development, my issue is that they want their cake, and to eat it too. They want their MC to be a heartless badass and they also want him to be a charming person. The Rimuru example is probably the closest thing you could have brought up, but Rudeus is about as far from Rio as possible. Not only does he have a very specific character that is expertly developed in subtle and nuanced ways from the very first episode, but he is also incredibly consistent as a result of it. You know Rudeus so well by the first few episodes that you could probably predict what he would do in any given situation. He feels like a real, tangible person.
Going back to Rimuru. He isn't a very well developed character, but he is very consistent. He's always polite and nice to everyone. He's caring and friendly, and doesn't resort to violence unless absolutely necessary.

What I'm saying now is a prediction. In some ways, you are correct that things could (by some miracle) change in future episodes. However the show has already demonstrated many negative tendencies that I sincerely doubt will ever be addressed.

if you read this far, thank you for taking the time. I'm not trying to argue with you per se, but I just wanted to explain to you my viewpoint and everything relating to it because I have no life
o7

Yeah man, I've read all of it, I'm not a fan of this anime to begin with, you are mostly correct in your opinion so i don't think defending my point will prove anything anymore, sorry for making you write something this long๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Jul 27, 2021 9:18 PM
Apr 2021
Araragi_8man said:
Yeah man, I've read all of it, I'm not a fan of this anime to begin with, you are mostly correct in your opinion so i don't think defending my point will prove anything anymore, sorry for making you write something this long๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
thanks for the interesting point of discussion. It's always good to reflect on why and how you or someone else feels a certain way about a show.

I know that I personally have enjoyed this series quite a lot even though by all means I should hate it. It has terrible, boring characters. Bland and stilted animation, and a story that feels like it was written by an AI being fed a ton of average isekai. But for despite all this it's just kind of easy to watch. Unlike other bad or bland isekai, this one doesn't have any delusions about what it is. It's just a generic isekai. So instead of trying to be something it's not, instead the show feels like the most pleasing generic isekai it could be with the budget and source material it had.
Jul 28, 2021 11:04 AM

Jun 2016
Latifa is definitely kawaii, but I'm afraid she won't save the show for me.

Soon we will have a bus crash reunion party, and everyone dead is invited.

Coincidences are something I really hate when it comes to these types of shows. I, too, read in a book the other day which magic is necessary to dispel a slave collar. Here let me imitate it perfectly first try... blah, blah, bleh.

I can't tell what's mysterious about him. Does no one have black hair in this world? Meh, a better ep anyway than the first 3 eps.

Jul 28, 2021 9:33 PM

Oct 2008
PROTECC precious Latifa!
4/5.

Jul 29, 2021 3:15 AM
Mar 2012
Well show continues its dose of depression, now plus adorableness. That's some ptsd faces Latifa. Both got the shitty end of isekai lottery, only governor Lotte seems lucky.
Now all 3 bus-pals met but not recognized yet.
Animation got slightly better.
Isekai character they did better than norm. How Rio became the main persona & vaguely sees Haru as extra memories. You even hear his Rio revenge mindset at Latifa, rare for the usual justic isekai mc. While Latifa the pro assassin vs bus kid seem to switch randomly.
Jul 29, 2021 3:34 AM
Apr 2013
theGodde said:
Araragi_8man said:

o7

You mentioned how you can get away with coincidental storytelling at the introduction. Funnily enough

Jul 29, 2021 4:05 AM
Apr 2021
albertrojas said:
theGodde said:

o7

You mentioned how you can get away with coincidental storytelling at the introduction. Funnily enough

by introduction I meant the premise of the show.
For example, the premise of inception is that you can enter dreams. That's a pretty outrageous and unrealistic concept but if you're willing to accept it the rest of the show makes sense. In the same way, the fact that his childhood love is on the bus when they all die is a ridiculous coincidence however it can be excused because it's the premise of the entire show.

does that make more sense to you? I should have been more exact in what I meant.
Jul 29, 2021 8:19 AM

Feb 2021
Cultured people like me are waiting for High school Dxd S5
Jul 29, 2021 2:26 PM
Nov 2019
theGodde said:
albertrojas said:

For example, the premise of inception is that you can enter dreams. That's a pretty outrageous and unrealistic concept but if you're willing to accept it the rest of the show makes sense. In the same way, the fact that his childhood love is on the bus when they all die is a ridiculous coincidence however it can be excused because it's the premise of the entire show.

does that make more sense to you? I should have been more exact in what I meant.

Araragi_8manJul 29, 2021 2:31 PM
Jul 29, 2021 2:43 PM
Apr 2021
Araragi_8man said:
theGodde said:

look man
even if I got it all wrong my point was more to illustrate what is acceptable coincidental storytelling and what is unacceptable coincidental storytelling
seeing as you had nothing to say on that matter I'm assuming that what I said did make sense
Jul 29, 2021 2:51 PM
Nov 2019
theGodde said:
Araragi_8man said:

look man
even if I got it all wrong my point was more to illustrate what is acceptable coincidental storytelling and what is unacceptable coincidental storytelling
seeing as you had nothing to say on that matter I'm assuming that what I said did make sense

Well yeah but that's because i wasn't the one you're replying to before i just wanted to correct something you said i didn't even understand what his point was๐Ÿ˜…
Jul 29, 2021 2:57 PM
Apr 2021
Araragi_8man said:
theGodde said:
look man

Well yeah but that's because i wasn't the one you're replying to before i just wanted to correct something you said i didn't even understand what his point was๐Ÿ˜…
I reread my original comment and it was pretty clear that I was referring to the premise and not the entire introduction. So I really don't know where he got that statement from...
Either way, the relationships between all the reincarnated characters hasn't been officially established yet, I've just been guessing based on the information given by the show so far.
Jul 29, 2021 5:03 PM

Aug 2016
theGodde said:
arsfugal said:
Why kirito didn't told raphtalia that he also from tokyo? I don't see any reason to hide that fact, or is it just to maintain his mysterious black swordman chara?

A lot of mediocre anime this season, still waiting for mushoku tensei s2 and tate yuusha s2...

I agree with you one on the Latifa's case, it was a weird coincidence that she happened to meet Rio so early and in that kind of manner but honestly for me it isn't such a big deal since there's already a lot more bullshit things happened in anime series.

As for the kid pulling the strings, you're wrong. His father is the true mastermind, he only allowed his kid to do what he wants, but the one giving the orders is still the duke. Even the one who told her to do assassinations (yes she did it a lot even before Rio although how many was never mentioned) are him. The kid was only involved in torture and disciplining her, the kid is so afraid and obedient to his father as well. The duke basically used his kid as his pawn either all the time (although he no longer had much expectations of him after the Flora's pushing incident last episode)

About Rio seemingly a perfect gary stu character, well I can see why you think that as well, he's like the ideal gentleman you might ever imagined, even more than Kirito. However there is a huge flaw on his character and it's tied to his mixed personality issue which becomes the main character development material for him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2021 8:58 PM
Jul 2011
Kirito isn't the only one who is in the Isekai world.

I see Kuradeel as well, what is he doing there?
Jul 30, 2021 12:47 AM
Apr 2021
whiters99 said:
I agree with you one on the Latifa's case, it was a weird coincidence that she happened to meet Rio so early and in that kind of manner but honestly for me it isn't such a big deal since there's already a lot more bullshit things happened in anime series.

fair nuff

whiters99 said:
As for the kid pulling the strings, you're wrong. His father is the true mastermind, he only allowed his kid to do what he wants, but the one giving the orders is still the duke. Even the one who told her to do assassinations (yes she did it a lot even before Rio although how many was never mentioned) are him. The kid was only involved in torture and disciplining her, the kid is so afraid and obedient to his father as well. The duke basically used his kid as his pawn either all the time (although he no longer had much expectations of him after the Flora's pushing incident last episode)

I knew most of that, although the clarification was appreciated, I'm just surprised that he would stoop to the level of even being in the same room as a lesser beast creature like her. I was getting Colonial racist vibes from him, not American slave owner vibes. However it's also a very small complaint, just something I thought was kinda interesting. It's not even necessarily a complaint, just something that surprised me.

whiters99 said:
About Rio seemingly a perfect gary stu character, well I can see why you think that as well, he's like the ideal gentleman you might ever imagined, even more than Kirito. However there is a huge flaw on his character and it's tied to his mixed personality issue which becomes the main character development material for him.
He isn't developed enough to make such a statement. I was just guessing from the literal crumbs of character interaction and development we have been given so far. The downside of writing a character that barely talks, barely interacts, and barely makes any decisions is that he doesn't come off as edgy, he just comes off as empty.

I'm hoping that this proposed character development will take place, because as he is now, he is less than Kirito. And Kirito is generally considered as the bare minimum - maybe even less than minimum for basic character development.

however there is more hope now he has a character he can actually bounce off of - Latifa.
Jul 30, 2021 1:45 AM
May 2020
I don't really mind the "enhance physical ability" $#!+ but still English really... it sounds weird hearing it on an isekai world.They should have made some random enchantment words in their own made up language or jut in Japanese so that it makes more sense right?
Jul 30, 2021 3:05 AM
Sep 2019
AGene said:
I don't really mind the "enhance physical ability" $#!+ but still English really... it sounds weird hearing it on an isekai world.They should have made some random enchantment words in their own made up language or jut in Japanese so that it makes more sense right?
It's "Augendae Corporis" in the novel, I don't know why the changed it to "Enchant Physical Ability" since the chant in original seem more cool than the english one, on my opinion.
Jul 30, 2021 11:02 PM

Aug 2016
GrymKryzel said:
AGene said:
It's "Augendae Corporis" in the novel, I don't know why the changed it to "Enchant Physical Ability" since the chant in original seem more cool than the english one, on my opinion.

Nah ah, it was originally "Enhance physical ability" in JP version. EN translation instead changed it to "Augendae Corporis" based on Latin. The other spell names (with english naming) were changed as well but the sub in anime sticked to the original instead.
whiters99Jul 31, 2021 6:01 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2021 8:22 AM
Apr 2013
theGodde said:
Araragi_8man said:

I reread my original comment and it was pretty clear that I was referring to the premise and not the entire introduction. So I really don't know where he got that statement from...
Either way, the relationships between all the reincarnated characters hasn't been officially established yet, I've just been guessing based on the information given by the show so far.

> There is probably one case where you can get away with coincidental storytelling - and that is in the introduction. Say the story begins because of a coincidence. This way there is no consequences in the story it is avoiding because it is the first event of note in the entire story.

This is where I got it. I was pointing out the fact that
albertrojasJul 31, 2021 8:48 AM
Jul 31, 2021 5:37 PM
Sep 2019
whiters99 said:
GrymKryzel said:

Nah ah, it was originally "Enhance physical ability" in JP version. EN translation instead changed it to "Augendae Corporis" based on Latin. The name of other spell names (with english naming) were changed as well but the sub in anime sticked to the original instead.
I see I never read the raws, but still I prefer the Latin Version of the chant than the English Version of the chant. It's just cooler on my opinion.
Jul 31, 2021 11:34 PM

Jul 2021
Decent episode, nothing special event happen. 4/5
๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—น๐—น ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฎ ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น๐˜† "๐—ด๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ฑ" ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€, ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜† ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐—ป'๐˜ ๐—ฒ๐˜…๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜
Aug 2, 2021 5:49 AM
Dec 2020
This episode reminded me the 2nd episode of The rising of the shield hero so much. Like Naofumi and kid Raphtalia. Latifa as raphtalia
Aug 4, 2021 6:22 AM
May 2021
to be honest I'm surprised rio didn't reject the blue haired maid, considering short hair and the voice actor playing it.
__Emilico's here to clean your hentai

Clean your browser history Onii-chan~

Destroy your hentai before you isekai

Aug 4, 2021 7:28 PM

Jun 2015
Maybe because compared it to the manga version, I'm kind of disappointed. The manga version really did well at depicting her mental trauma. Tbh it's still pretty ok.
Aug 13, 2021 10:05 PM

Mar 2009
I was wondering when the little girl from the bus was going to show up.
Aug 15, 2021 11:57 AM

Apr 2015
So someone had to 'invent' pasta from scratch, but somehow they still use wax seals exactly the way Europeans did. Hmm.
Aug 17, 2021 2:47 AM

Apr 2011
Felt bad about what Endo/Latifa has gone through. She's the little girl that died along with Haruto and that other girl then reincarnated as a slave of the little prick. Good thing he somewhat saved her and he now has a cute companion. But how come he didn't tell her that they met in Tokyo?
Sep 15, 2021 12:07 AM

Mar 2014
I love how other reincarnated people are gonna be naturally drawn to each other just because of their love of spaghetti/ramen.

Also, the special manga bits at the end of each episode have been super charming

They've already pretty heavily spoiled who's who from the OP, so I look forward to those big reunions. And for those fucking nobles to get their eventual comeuppance. Slimy Shinji-ass Stewart.
Sep 22, 2021 4:07 PM

Jul 2015
Sad to see young adorable Endo/Latifa immediately abused as slave after just reincarnating. Must've taken a high psychological toll on her but at least she's in good hands now.

Sep 26, 2021 8:48 PM

Aug 2018
Dang, so she is from Japan, huh? Very interesting...

I wonder if he will ask her or talk to her about her "past life", and its really interesting, since, they saw eachother before each of them died...

Oct 8, 2021 12:54 PM
Aug 2017
Glad to see Rio left the shit kingdom. No more cancer nobles

The anime got a whole lot better with this episode. I enjoyed it. Happy to see that he is friends with the beast girl now and even better that she is from Tokyo as him. I don't understand why he didn't explain why he was also reincarnated to her though.

Soundtrack was good
Ending was good

Onto the next episode.
Oct 17, 2021 2:10 PM

May 2019
Lol Latifa is soooo Raphtalia 2.0 xD
Nov 8, 2021 8:03 AM

Jan 2021
Man, why fate gotta be so cruel to our precious little Endo? I can't even begin to imagine the horror and pain she must have felt while living as a slave, that too at such a young age๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ˜ญ. Her one smile is enough to make my day๐Ÿ˜

Wow, this show really turned dark AF within the span of an ep!!

Nov 10, 2021 8:56 AM
Jul 2019
My mother seems to be seeing this "Kowai" killer for the first time in this episode. Usi Still, I was sure she was that little girl on the bus with him. But still she was reincarnated into a slave beast, how ugly sheep. ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜ž But now she seems to have found someone who looks like her and can talk quietly.
Oct 2, 2022 3:10 AM
Sep 2021
We also meet the owner of Spaghetti who was reincarnated here and also the assassin was a little child reincarnated here from episode 1 now she and Rio have started living together and they continue their journey.

I give this episode 5
Jan 19, 12:50 AM
Apr 2013
EP 4

No idea but it seems next episode we're going to get something.
Also this time they're talking over the ed. last ep they did but it was just a flashback recap
Aaand we get a cliffhanger right at the end of the credits. oh well

In this ep, we meet latifa. I already knew she was voiced by kusunoki tomori, though she's really, really small. Her backstory is arguably even more tragic than rio's.
Kinda curious though but anyway. So yeah. It's also implied that something is up but what do I know.
Only took one ep but latifa is cute. Hopefully nicer things happen now but hmmm.
It's hard to tell exactly how much time has passed, it could have been a day or a few days or a week or two or more.

Apparently its la-tee-fa and not "latifa". Not that I know.

Actually I just realized. Latifa is going to be quite interesting once they return to the capital

Actually I forgor, doesnt rio have a bounty on him or something, thats gonna be a thing. Maybe.
CocoaGalaxyJan 19, 3:31 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I was expecting SAO ending theme to play anytime at this point

unabomb - Aug 10, 2021

25 by RealityChanges »»
May 1, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2021

158 by Playcool »»
Mar 11, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2021

70 by Kraum »»
Feb 2, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2021

62 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 21, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

86 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 11:10 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.