Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 12, 2021 8:23 PM

Sep 2020
Best shipping, Celia chan Daisuki!
Jul 12, 2021 8:24 PM

Sep 2020
I cherish her forever.
Jul 12, 2021 9:25 PM

Jan 2013
This Rio, boy! I'm in love with this guy, there's no way he could have been even more badass than by doing his best, using his experience from the past to crush his enemies today xD And in the most silent and badass way ever!

There was simply no way that everyone would hate him, he's way too good to simply ignore him lmao
And the way that he defeated that guy who tortured him, such a great moment!

Also, the romance is slowly starting to build up, which is great, and with that ending, it's time for Celia to catch the train while she still can xD
Can't wait for the next episodes man!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 12, 2021 9:54 PM
Dec 2020
Pretty damn good episode. Definitely gotta read the manga from beginning for missed details. Teacher best girl right now. Also when his childhood friend finna come in. I feel like every girl finna fall in love with him and I’m waiting for purple hair.😂🔥❤️👍🏻
Jul 12, 2021 10:07 PM

Feb 2018
I hope there will be a meaningful revenge zzz
Jul 12, 2021 11:01 PM
Apr 2021
this show feels so lifeless. Rio is an emotionless protagonist and it really doesn't help the story in any way. The plot of a peasant entering into a magic school is so done to death at this point there's nothing really new to see here. I'm glad the primary school arc looks like it's just for this episode.

I know that split personality is a cliche in and of itself, but I honestly think separating Rio and the MC highschooler (whose name escapes me) would make for some more interesting characters and moments. Imagine if Rio and MC were separate characters in Rio's head and had different motivations. It would change the entire dynamic of the series. Thus far everyone is so flat. The show is fine. But nothing beyond fine because of the empty characters.
Jul 12, 2021 11:17 PM
Oct 2020
Everyone is saying that the pacing is fast but to me it just looks like a try to get to the main story as soon as possible cuz there r guys out there who just don't lose any opportunity to say "and here it begins the generic isekai ..how a mc is beating the bad kids at school and getting a harem"
It's not like he would set to destroy the demon army or whoever is the antagonist in this story at that age
Really stop ur bi**hing
Blah blah blah blah .... So annoying. Are you bastards in heat or something?
- Sakata gintoki
Jul 12, 2021 11:35 PM

Oct 2016
Surprisingly really enjoying the show! I like Rio and how he doesn't get provoked by his classmates, he's just a calm boy. I honestly like the pacing, it feels slow in a good way but also pretty fast lmao. Also, Ciel is best fucking girl so far.

So Ayase disappeared after the last time Haruto saw her, I am guessing she got sent to that world also for some reason we don't know yet, maybe she also died or something.

The moment I saw that Charles is Rio's opponent, I knew he was getting clapped lmao, that was satisfying. C'mon Celia, don't let your boy get away, looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 12, 2021 11:58 PM
Jun 2021
DChara said:

Some people are saying the show feels way too fast-paced but I haven't particularly felt that yet. Judging from the OP, there'll be a lot of characters too, so I understand trying to fit a lot of things into a few episodes..

Same i don’t feel this fast pace their talking about. I went to look at the manga and it seems faster then the anime maybe ? It just felt fast in general.
Jul 13, 2021 5:48 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I see that Rio growing fast like, damn, its fast! However, at the same time, the interaction with 'sensei' felt so good. Idk why, mostly its because of sensei was so nice, and, cute. Goddamned that's true! The story actually make its sense with the flows. So i don't see any problems with the narration, and so far, undeniably, its enjoyable. I like how everyone slowly recognized Rio's greatness. However, Rio, as op as the other protag exist before, hope to get more proper challenges in the future, and more girls incoming, ofc. So lets see them all progresses....

That's all from me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 13, 2021 6:37 AM

Mar 2014
i have to admit the girls are cute...but that's the only merit i can advocate
Jul 13, 2021 6:57 AM

Jun 2016
I can't take any of this seriously. It's trying too hard to be cool.

Abrupt 5-year time skip and a forever 12-year old sensei. Mark those off the list.

Jul 13, 2021 7:20 AM
Nov 2019
So Celia is a 12 year old loli teacher as she's so smart....

Be interesting if she's also isekai'd and was someone the MC knew in his original life.

Jul 13, 2021 7:51 AM

Mar 2014
2nd ep and the MC is smart and a skillful fighter (thx to his experience he had in previous life of course), the school snobbish noble kids are jealous of him and the girls fall head over heels with Celia the first one to join the MC harem. This is all so predictable, it's amusing

4/10
Jul 13, 2021 9:18 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I read some spoilers and looks like this one's gonna be very interesting. And I'm liking the main girl already she's so cute.
Jul 13, 2021 11:12 AM
May 2017
I hated 1st ep because of the dramas. Now 2nd ep the harem begins, and I LIKE IT
Jul 13, 2021 12:45 PM
Dec 2019
Throughout this episode I was non-stop singing GAS GAS GAS in my head. From Episode 1 I knew the pacing was too quick even quicker than the manga.
Jul 13, 2021 12:48 PM

Nov 2016
The dialogue in this so dumb, even for isekai standards. It's amusingly fun for being so cliché on the other hand.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 13, 2021 6:27 PM
Jun 2012
How the hell is this pile of cliches has 7,47 score?
Jul 13, 2021 10:09 PM
Jan 2021
Hey guys I want to mention something, the arthmatic problem they were solving were written in hindi or bengali script. Am I the only one who noticed and tried to ans all those questions 😂
Jul 13, 2021 10:27 PM
Aug 2018
I can already tell this one finna be a sleeper
Jul 13, 2021 11:01 PM

Aug 2020
Guess pretty catchy OP/ ED as always. Now Rio goes to a noble school as always there was scums nobles critic rejects the mc cuz at his society status.

This going really interesting, i can't really wait for next episode.

Jul 13, 2021 11:37 PM

Feb 2019
The production is both absurdly godawful, with both fights being nothing but stills, but also absurdly corny and ridiculous. Everybody gasps with astonishment because he holds his sword in a Japanese fighting stance instead of a regular one, which gives him extra special bonus Japanese sword powers. Is this supposed to be a joke? Feels like it might be, except nobody making this show was in on it.

And, that's it. That's the whole episode. That and he has date time with the first of his harem. Even that random ghost girl doesn't bother to show up. The entire episode is two 'fight' scenes that were totally unanimated, consisting of the peanut gallery mocking/ovulating over his mighty Japanese sword stance, narrating every single thing that isn't happening in front of their faces because animating anything is just too dang hard. Congrats, show. You've made me feel more charitable to the other cliche awful thing by exceeding the limits and being truly, truly terrible.
Jul 14, 2021 6:35 AM

Dec 2014
I guess I will continue watching for Celia-chan, she's very cute. I wonder how long I'll last.

FMmatron said:
The dialogue in this so dumb, even for isekai standards. It's amusingly fun for being so cliché on the other hand.

Yeah, I kinda felt the same way but at least this episode was a lot more fun compared to the last one.

Jul 14, 2021 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
When will he use the dual blade skill
Jul 14, 2021 8:54 AM
Nov 2018
Bakkupakkun said:
Criticiza said:
What did I just witness. It went from isekai to saviour to knocking him out and now we're at school and its been 1 and a bit episodes? The we have a time skip of 5 years, training montage, and a tournament? Break neck speeds, lets see if this is only for the start or not since my head is already hurting from the lack of information.

On the plus side, celia and rio's relationship did develop, but since this is a harem not expectation much past the oh i have a crush on him but he doesnt realise it phase, I really want to be surprised though!

Yeah the pacing is ridiculously fast. That goes to show the plot probably won't be able to stand on its own so they are rushing to tell the story. This will likely be a one cour show with no season 2.

The pacing is fine. This is exactly how it went in LN. Volume 1:

Chapter 4: Royal Academy Enrollment
Chapter 5: Five Years Later

Academy is just not a big part of the story.

Someone even managed to call it "just a school harem" even though school is obviously pretty much done and Celia is the only harem candidate with no indication that anything will happen at all.

And FYI, there are 19 volumes published and it is still doing well. They can make as many cours as they want.

Good adaptation. I read some of the source material, wasn't impressed by the story. But anime is made well. Nothing is botched and it is quite entertaining to watch so far.
Jul 14, 2021 10:10 AM
May 2020
So far, it's good. Celia's really cute (plus she's a tsundere lol), also i think she's jealous at the end of the episode.

Gonna sit here and wait for next episode!
Jul 14, 2021 4:01 PM

Nov 2011
The Sword Captain and Celia are the best atm. They are the only ones who care about Rio.
Im starting to HATE Christina. My man saved your sister you could show him some damn support.

I feel like shit is about to pop off.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 14, 2021 10:34 PM
Aug 2019
I'm actually liking this anime quite a lot, i'm surprised lol Celia is super cute, too! And Rio has a pretty cute design as well!
Jul 15, 2021 5:04 PM
Jan 2021
There were too many timeskips. I would have loved to see more of Rio in the biginning of the academy.
Jul 15, 2021 5:49 PM

Aug 2016
Stefan2431 said:
There were too many timeskips. I would have loved to see more of Rio in the biginning of the academy.

Just bonding with Celia without much interaction with other students for whole five years, that's basically it. Tho they kinda skipped the part where Rio is shown to be unable to learn magic (just as the douche noble mentioned on the episode). Other than that, nothing really happened.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2021 6:02 PM

Jun 2013
The time skip kinda happened out of nowhere, but besides that it was a fun episode!
Jul 16, 2021 3:10 AM
Mar 2012
nicer pacing slowed down, and focus on Rio Celia cute relationship, except that sudden 5yr skip.
Sounds like classmates irredeamable made him want to travel far.
Also rare isekai mc sorta keeps both souls/memory, and local Rio's mom/Yagumo memory drives his life more so far. I miss his wild long hair tho, made him more unique.
Jul 16, 2021 3:30 AM
Apr 2020
Whoa whoa whoa slow down man. 5 years passed by? Where does he live? Has his abilities progressed? And why does everyone think he can't do magic? And the guy getting shocked at his stance, hasn't his stance become popular yet? I would think that many bullies would have tried to fight with him during the 5 years, and he also would've been displaying his skills during classes, otherwise he wouldn't have been selected for the tournament. So, was it all smooth sailing for him till now? Nothing is explained. At least give a two minute monologue flashback of events during 5 years. Well maybe flashbacks will be revealed in up coming episodes. But that 5 year jump was too sudden and wasn't even noticeable at first.
Jul 16, 2021 7:09 AM

Jun 2010
Rio's such a chad lol.

Jul 16, 2021 2:53 PM

Mar 2018
These royal students spend all their time hating while they could be learning basic arithmetic. Imagine being outdone by a dude that can't even read LMAO.

Also that knight battle, how are you an actual knight and try your hardest, but then lose to the dude that you were beating up five years ago. He wasn't even using a shield. I'd actually resign if I was him.
Jul 17, 2021 6:36 PM
Mar 2014
This was an enjoyable episode. I realize this is a harem, but hopefully Rio either catches on or Celia confesses to him. I personally love anime where the MC just silences all his critics like Rio did with the studying then beating the knight after because he's fighting fair and square.

For me, so long as the anime goes at an ok pace and the animation stays consistent, this'll be a fun watch. It's true that the 5 years timeskip was out of nowhere, but considering the OP seems to be focusing on the teenager (aka older) Rio, that's fine too. The LN also doesn't go heavy in-depth for school life according to some posters above so rather they didn't go heavy on the anime-only stuff. On that note, only thing I would've liked to have heard is why he apparently can't use magic. The anime had that stuck-up noble mention it, but the reason wasn't clear as to why he can't. He used magic after all in the first episode?

My guess is that the pink girl who he saw that taught him to use that magic is Miki from their world. Rio has Haruka's memory and that pink girl has Miki's memory. It makes one wonder how she got there, but it would explain why she showed up one day then disappeared the next. She must've passed away at some point. Only time will tell if my hypothesis is true.

kalpakgupta said:
Whoa whoa whoa slow down man. 5 years passed by? Where does he live? Has his abilities progressed? And why does everyone think he can't do magic? And the guy getting shocked at his stance, hasn't his stance become popular yet? I would think that many bullies would have tried to fight with him during the 5 years, and he also would've been displaying his skills during classes, otherwise he wouldn't have been selected for the tournament. So, was it all smooth sailing for him till now? Nothing is explained. At least give a two minute monologue flashback of events during 5 years. Well maybe flashbacks will be revealed in up coming episodes. But that 5 year jump was too sudden and wasn't even noticeable at first.

My guess is that he was probably just bullied for those 5 years despite his achievements (snobbery can be rough to beat) and only had Celia as his friend. It would line up with his statement this episode. Nonetheless, he's probably a lot more competent at this point, but makes you wonder how come he didn't skip grades because let's face it, he was a University student and this is primary school so even if the culture, language and such are different, some material must have remained the same (ex. arithmetic for instance). Plus, he's pretty studious so surely he must've learned a lot even in a single year, let alone 5.
Jul 17, 2021 10:24 PM
Apr 2020
8igfan said:
My guess is that he was probably just bullied for those 5 years despite his achievements (snobbery can be rough to beat) and only had Celia as his friend. It would line up with his statement this episode. Nonetheless, he's probably a lot more competent at this point, but makes you wonder how come he didn't skip grades because let's face it, he was a University student and this is primary school so even if the culture, language and such are different, some material must have remained the same (ex. arithmetic for instance). Plus, he's pretty studious so surely he must've learned a lot even in a single year, let alone 5.

Why didn't he skip grades? That's a good point. Especially after establishing that one can skip grades like Celia. One logic I can think is that he wilfully didn't do it otherwise he would attract even more attention (aka hate and jealousy) from the nobles. However, it is not easy to remain at 1st position and yet not disclose you're a genius. So does this mean he started becoming 2nd or 3rd? There are so many unanswered questions, but it's only been two episodes so I will keep my patience. Let's see what transpires ahead.
Jul 18, 2021 7:24 AM
Mar 2014
kalpakgupta said:
8igfan said:

Why didn't he skip grades? That's a good point. Especially after establishing that one can skip grades like Celia. One logic I can think is that he wilfully didn't do it otherwise he would attract even more attention (aka hate and jealousy) from the nobles. However, it is not easy to remain at 1st position and yet not disclose you're a genius. So does this mean he started becoming 2nd or 3rd? There are so many unanswered questions, but it's only been two episodes so I will keep my patience. Let's see what transpires ahead.

That's an interesting thought. Maybe that was the reason. Maybe skipping grades is a rare exception or maybe even with his skills, there is so much new stuff to learn that a year or two isn't enough even with how studious he is. Hopefully we get some more information, but I'm ok if they don't decide to answer it either.
Jul 19, 2021 5:44 AM

Aug 2013
5 years time skip in 1 episode... wow.
I know from reading the novel that its really slow on hte pacing and developments.
But do they have to speed up so much on the story though ?

Well wasn't expecting a good adaption anyway.. I'm here for Celia !! <3
Jul 22, 2021 5:56 PM

Apr 2018
Damn in a flash we see Rio grow up to beat everyone in swordsmanship. I feel like this is a ok anime if the directors were to slow down the damn speed. It feels like they are speed running this show.
Jul 24, 2021 7:19 PM

Nov 2009
penrhos said:
So Celia is a 12 year old loli teacher as she's so smart....

Be interesting if she's also isekai'd and was someone the MC knew in his original life.

Rio is very mature for his age due to Haruto. (so much that he's already getting girls)

From this, I also suspect Celia being mature and smart might somehow be the same case with that "little white cap girl" that was looking at Haruto when the Train hit the Bus. (so there's a possibility that the little white cap girl was merged into Celia at a earlier time) (plus, Celia also wear a similar cap, just blue)

___ ___ ___

Also, looks like Celia went through similar things as Rio due to her being smart at age 12 from the other teachers and such, so she's trying to protect Rio, lol.
amlgJul 24, 2021 7:39 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 27, 2021 3:10 AM

Apr 2011
The time skip doesn't bother me at all. Rio is growing to be a better MC. He finally rekt that arrogant guy who tortured him. Lots of arrogant little pricks around him and it was good choice to ignore them. Also I'm really liking Celia. Not only is she cute and adorable, but also supported Rio through his life in the academy. She gets jealous when a girl gave him a letter.
Jul 30, 2021 12:37 AM
Oct 2020
Ngl I just want him to cut a few arms off before th season is over. manwha style
Aug 3, 2021 9:50 AM
Jun 2013
As I am watching this episode, as the camera is panning at the students, she is the fourth one, since the panning and that girl look like another isekai character, the MC from Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?!.

What do you think of it?
Aug 7, 2021 10:57 AM

Apr 2015
Really basic plotline and the class bullying issue is not much removed from kiddie story material, but not committing any grave faults as of yet.
Aug 28, 2021 2:51 AM
Jul 2021
I have noticed that all those numericals are in Hindi( national language of India). (१२३४५६७८९०)=1234567890
Sep 22, 2021 3:19 PM

Jul 2015
The youth of today with their weird kids teaching other kids class. Seeing how we suddenly timeskipped 5 years there, I guess it doesn't really matter since loli Cecilia will stay short lol.

Sep 23, 2021 7:01 AM

Sep 2020
Wow seeing reiss with an actual face is so weird
Sep 23, 2021 9:00 AM
Sep 2021
I hope there is season 2
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2021

158 by Playcool »»
Mar 11, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2021

70 by Kraum »»
Feb 2, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2021

62 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 21, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

86 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2021

66 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.