Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2021 11:55 AM

Feb 2020
Score-7*.
First of all, the OP and ED for the first and the second cour was fucking banger. Ok, the first fight and the second fight in this show was pretty good but after that it just become CGI Fest ITS not bad but not good either and the fight was so fast that my eyes can't catch up with the Animation sometimes it just like *bang* *slash* *boom* I was like, thats awesome.... But WTF just happened ITS to fast even for my mortal eyes. The only characters I love was Kumoko, Demon Lord and Hero, soooo Kumoko would be a human from now on... I don't know men I love Kumoko When she in Tiny spider form. Oh well... Now just wait for season 2........................................ My eyes for the last 3 Ep was hurt...... Everytime I see a bad CGI in this show I was like 'please switch to Kumoko so she Can cured this feeling'. Cuz ITS Ok for Kumoko to have a bad CGI cuz she Can entertaining us through out the Dark Hole but for the human, Ahhhhhhhh. Ok i'm done. Oh yeah one more thing, that Terminator reference was awesome.
LizsakiJul 3, 2021 12:01 PM
Jul 3, 2021 12:00 PM
Jun 2019
Apart from the common criticisms this being leveled at the show like the bad CGI, rushed pacing towards the end, unnecessary side characters, etc. I just think this show does a bad job presenting it's two main stories consistently.

Kumoko's story for the majority of the show is a one-man show relying almost entirely on her personality and situational commentary to keep the "Spider fighting tooth and nail to survive in a cave full of monsters" setup interesting. The human story is a more typical fantasy setup that spends a lot of time setting up its climax. The show keeps jumping back and forth between a story that emphasizes character over plot, and a story that emphasizes plot over characters. All it leaves you with is two stories that scratch entirely different itches that you're forced to watch in one show. It's tonally all over the place, going from a serious to a borderline comedy segment basically every episode.

I don't think it's impossible to manage those different plot elements (the novel certainly could) but the way the spider and human stories were presented in this show just devalued both for me.

Dec 2015
Some people didn't like how the season finale ended and I can understand that. I thought some parts of the episode were cut too short like the human side of the story for example. I did like the episode as a whole, as well as the entire anime. I can see the anime getting a second season, but I think it will most likely be a while. I think it will be a missed opportunity if it doesn't, but you can say that with a number of popular anime like No Game, No Life, or Trinity Seven. Also, it was cool to see Kumoko's arachne form. I still have one question, are Kumoko and Wakaba the same person?
Nunbo_ArburJul 3, 2021 12:10 PM
May 2020
There is something about Kumoko's monologue through this series that reminds me of Minare from Nami yo Kiitekure. But not enough for me to care about another show with cute kids doing cute things in another world. I'll take Odd Taxi any day.
Jul 3, 2021 12:03 PM
Jun 2021
beast_regards said:
And it is over.

People who didn't read the novel didn't know why the general harem moron plotline is there. A total waste of time to only confuse the readers with abrupt cuts between times and places.

And moron plotline only convinced me to not read the novel because it will just be more of the generic harem protagonist moron.

Sleeping watcher is here.
Jul 3, 2021 12:05 PM

Oct 2017
svet said:

I wonder if anime-only viewers are upset with the abrupt way both sides' stories ended. It seems to me the studio is attempting to bait viewers into wanting a second season with the way this episode went. Hope that if season 2 does get greenlit, a different (better) studio does it.

I'm fine as long as it continues soon enough, before i forget half of the story, lol
If one of the bigger studios gets to participate, or takes over, it would be better though.
Jul 3, 2021 12:08 PM

Oct 2017
I feel like I needed more episodes, I'm not satisfied
Jul 3, 2021 12:14 PM
Jun 2021
Nunbo_Arbur said:
Some people didn't like how the season finale ended and I can understand that. I thought some parts of the episode were cut too short like the human side of the story for example. I did like the episode as a whole, as well as the entire anime. I can see the anime getting a second season, but I think it will most likely be a while. I think it will be a missed opportunity if it doesn't, but you can say that with a number of popular anime like No Game, No Life, or Trinity Seven. Also, it was cool to see Kumoko's arachne form. I still have one question, are Kumoko and Wakaba the same person?

Even if it was a little obvious by how the anime told it in one of the first episodes, Kumoko is confirmed to be Wakaba's reincarnation in this episode. Why ? Because, like Kyouya and Fei, she has the face she had in her previous life.
Jul 3, 2021 12:21 PM

Jan 2012
Looking over my thoughts I figured I'd tag them afterall so as to minimize page clutter.

Jul 3, 2021 12:21 PM
Aug 2013
I'm happy as a LN reader that this got animated and brought in so many new readers.

While the quality of the animation wasn't the best, there is only one Cloverworks, one MAPPA, etc. Sometimes you draw the short-end of the stick, but writing > animation any day, and the plot was handled well.

Some people will claim the story was rushed, but considering most agreed LN5 end was the logical end point, and we BARELY got there - unless you could convince everyone from the production to the broadcasting to give you an extra 6 episodes - then the story was well adapted into anime form.

Oh well, some entitled assholes are always gonna complain I guess.

8/10

PS: still stand by a second season. Max Level Slime Killer was queen of the first half and Tokyo Revengers was king of the second half in terms of streaming in Japan, but Kumo was just half a level behind them. Too popular in the places that matter (China & Japan) to not get a second season.
Jul 3, 2021 12:35 PM

Jul 2016
The episode is here and it delivers. Its a good conclusion of the prologue. Kumoko evolve to Arachne and she was Wakaba even her classmates identify her.

The animation as always its static and bad but the story is strong point of the anime so its ok.

And the second half we seen how they saved Sophia and integrating Ariel to the events lead up to the present timeline.

Overall good series that manages to entertain everyweek. I hope for the sequel because its gonna be better from now on

Jul 3, 2021 12:37 PM
Jun 2021
animefan8800 said:
Looking over my thoughts I figured I'd tag them afterall so as to minimize page clutter.

If you excuse me, the manga version is just a generic Isekai without interesting story. I can accept that the manga skips Shun Story, the manga wants a chronological story. What I can't accept is that it skips everything that creates a story. Sariella's war has no context at all (since both Dustin's and Merazophis' POV are skipped). Ariel who becomes one of the main protagonist with Sophia and Merazophis has no POV as well. Potimas ? He never showed up in the manga yet (he has a short scene in LN that appears in episode 18), but the manga will adapt Potimas VS Kumoko in the next few chapters.

The main antagonist of the story has no proper introduction and that's why the manga is the worst version (and I forget to mention the shitty designs that don't respect LN designs).

I can understand why you like Kumoko story and the manga. But the manga is just a generic Isekai with no story. Even the spinoff is better.
Jul 3, 2021 12:48 PM
Jun 2021
And in case you didn't get it, the actual main antagonist of Shun's story is actually the white girl, that was confirmed as Kumoko in the future.
Jul 3, 2021 12:49 PM

Nov 2014
On one hand I'm really happy with tons of revelations. On the other, it was too much for single episode.
That new (half) human body is hot. And her doing all those poses without actually talking looks really cute.
I wonder if that's it for the timeline split? Technically there is still over 10 years until "current" timeline.
Sadly, I don't have high hopes for 2nd season. Damn it, LN time.
JustAnotherShiroJul 3, 2021 12:53 PM
Jul 3, 2021 12:52 PM

May 2020
i didn't expect this last episode to be this good, really saved the whole series especially the second cour where the animation was a mess

also kumoko in arachne form is so gorgeous, i want to see more but too bad she's appeared in the last episode xD

although the animation is very painful to watch, but the story is top notch. overall 7/10 I really enjoyed!

Jul 3, 2021 1:02 PM
Sep 2019
Can some explain the timeline to me like there’s bits in the future and some not. It’s not very clear it just swaps back and forth making no sense.
Jul 3, 2021 1:15 PM
Nov 2016
LaraSwift said:
The ride is finally over. As a big fan of the light novel, the overall adaptation of the LN was amazing. I still remember how my day got ruined when I found that this is made by the same studio as Berserk (2016). But man, they nailed it.

I want season 2 since the human plot ( at least Shun's plot) is over and all.

The ride is not over, we just stopped for a smoke. Hopefully we can continue soon.
Jul 3, 2021 1:22 PM
Nov 2016
EZclap said:
Can some explain the timeline to me like there’s bits in the future and some not. It’s not very clear it just swaps back and forth making no sense.

humans future
spider past
there is a 15 tear time difference it was said several times already
Jul 3, 2021 1:22 PM
Nov 2016
EZclap said:

humans future
spider past
there is a 15 tear time difference it was said several times already
Jul 3, 2021 1:24 PM

Aug 2019
I’ll keep this at a 5 instead of a 4 since while the last part of this season was pretty horrendous, I still liked about 75% of this show; I could see a season 2 being more interesting now that it shows Kumoko fighting alongside them and the truth of Potimas being revealed but I doubt this will get a sequel
Jul 3, 2021 1:38 PM

Jan 2012
groudonvert said:
If you excuse me

Couldn't help yourself eh? Well sure, you're entitled to your opinion. We've all got'em afterall.
Jul 3, 2021 1:56 PM
Jun 2021
animefan8800 said:
groudonvert said:
If you excuse me

Couldn't help yourself eh? Well sure, you're entitled to your opinion. We've all got'em afterall.

Well every LN readers will tell you that manga is the worst adaptation.
Jul 3, 2021 2:19 PM

Nov 2009
Interesting that Kumo says the "Tech that will destroy the world" is literally just "Science"...

Does that means once RL reaches that advancement, we'll be destroyed? LUL

(kinda unfair to science TBH, but then again, this is viewed from "Fantasy Magic world's side", so Tech is technically some sort of "Taboo" to them)

Basically to save the "world" they need to destroyed all "science" that can one day go against the Gods (Admins) that uses "magic". (as Mechas are mostly unaffected by magic and can use anti-magic fields)

Which is also interesting to note, that in the flashback when talking about Tech being Taboo... it's literally a picture of "Skyscrappers"... meaning "modern world" like Reincarnate's old World (aka our iRL world). This means the "Taboo" wasn't going to happen til YEARS later, considering majority of the world's buildings and structures are like those of Medieval era, only the Elves have Science Advancement. (possibly the Taboo was "Nukes" aka "Nuclear Warfare" after the rest of the world caught up in Science Advancement and started going crazy on each other like how they kept on showing Kingdoms trying to dominate each other in Past and Present timelines)

Cause if you think about it, with the Tech the Elves possess since 15 years ago (Robo-Potimas and Clones), they could have easily dominated all other Kingdoms in 15 years StarWar style with Clones and Droids, lol, yet they did not use any Tech on any Kingdoms and had it remain a secret for years... Meaning the Taboo only happens once other Kingdoms obtain science advancement and goes Greed.

Only thing that the Elves fucked up is cause Potimas wanted to help Oka with her reincarnate issue and didn't think logically enough and decide to just "plunder"... (since before Oka telepathy talked to Potimas, the elves didn't go around kidnapping and killing people)

___ ___ ___

BTW, it seems that Ariel not only had her personality changed, but she also gained some reincarnate knowledge from Kumo, since Ariel went "Mahou Shojo", which doesn't exist in the Fantasy World.

___ ___ ___

Either way, still sucks for Shun and party.

And as I mentioned in previous episode thread, indeed the Mechas were completely useless against high rank magic. Not high Tech enough, should have gone Mecha-suit instead, lol.

Other note, was Kumo actually talking to Potimas (in the past) or was she just thinking it? since her mouth didn't move... I was expecting Kumo to say she's a reincarnate to Potimas and see his reaction or something.

groudonvert said:

Cause the manga is focused on Spider side, instead of Human side. Aka Main character POV Isekai like many other Isekai series out there.

I tend to just ignore majority of LN readers, lol, both to avoid potential spoilers or to avoid differential opinions that yells at me about me being ignorant cause I don't read the LN. LOL (tho I don't really mind spoilers, since it doesn't mean anything to me)

Plus, when I visit MAL, I am here to just talk about the anime or manga, not LN... (mostly anime, since if I want to talk about manga, I'll do it at the manga sites I read it at)
amlgJul 3, 2021 2:43 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 3, 2021 2:30 PM
Jun 2021
amlg said:
groudonvert said:

Cause the manga is focused on Spider side, instead of Human side. Aka Main character POV Isekai like many other Isekai series out there.

I tend to just ignore majority of LN readers, lol, both to avoid spoilers or to avoid differential opinions that yells at me about me being ignorant cause I don't read the LN. LOL

It's a problem if the protagonist has no idea of what is happening in the world (since she's a monster she can't casually come in town to ask that). And everything that makes the story continue (for example we know nothing about the Sariella war) don't exist in the manga.
Jul 3, 2021 2:56 PM
Feb 2012
I think I'll probably have to rewatch the second part once the BluRay comes out, but damn this was nice.

8/10
Jul 3, 2021 3:05 PM

Jan 2013
groudonvert said:
It's a problem if the protagonist has no idea of what is happening in the world (since she's a monster she can't casually come in town to ask that). And everything that makes the story continue (for example we know nothing about the Sariella war) don't exist in the manga.

Which is not true.
Kumuko is clairvoyant both in anime and manga. She doesn't need to hold a normal conversation with anyone. She never did and found everything out anyway.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jul 3, 2021 3:12 PM
Mar 2021
amlg said:
I tend to just ignore majority of LN readers, lol, both to avoid potential spoilers or to avoid differential opinions that yells at me about me being ignorant cause I don't read the LN. LOL (tho I don't really mind spoilers, since it doesn't mean anything to me)

Plus, when I visit MAL, I am here to just talk about the anime or manga, not LN... (mostly anime, since if I want to talk about manga, I'll do it at the manga sites I read it at)
Yo do love manga & anime well. But you can't get any further information from Manga, that's why people recommend you to read LN/WN. Once again, Anime suprass Manga again. What is the reason you like this series? Story about Kumoko? Ofc everyone love her. Ah if you are currious about her in the future, you can start read LN Vol.6 or wait S2. Don't worry you won't get any Shun scene there.
Jul 3, 2021 3:21 PM
Jun 2021
beast_regards said:
groudonvert said:

Which is not true.
Kumuko is clairvoyant both in anime and manga. She doesn't need to hold a normal conversation with anyone. She never did and found everything out anyway.

Yeah, for example she knows that Dustin is behind the war of Sariella or most importantly Potimas is coming for Sophia.

Both of this scenes are in the anime, not in the manga. Why is this a problem ? Well... Manga Potimas doesn't exist yet and guess what ? The next fight in the manga is against him.
Jul 3, 2021 3:27 PM
Jan 2021
this is not a bad anime and it has pretty well made waifus! but, (this also applies to other anime), we (again) have a creators' preference for demons and we (again) have people being tortured and helpless to the point that they can not protect themselves! in my opinion it is very ugly and annoying! let someone explain to me why this is happening, why I can not understand it!
Jul 3, 2021 3:37 PM

Aug 2020
Really good end, i hope there was s2 and hope for better CGI in the future.

Jul 3, 2021 4:16 PM
Mar 2015
Finally we get to see Arachne in the flesh as she joins the vampire and the demon lord to save the world
Jul 3, 2021 4:19 PM
Jul 2018
this really couldve been so much better if it was produced and adapted adequately, such a shame and so much wasted potential.
Jul 3, 2021 4:24 PM

Aug 2018
Excellent finale to an excellent show. I hope we get another season.
10/10
Jul 3, 2021 4:46 PM

Dec 2007
Finally the ending. Was worth the delay. The timelines are at last merged. Maybe some fillers how Kumoko evolved to full human form in the 2nd season. Can't wait.
Definitely my favorite from this season. And here I almost skipped this anime.

Yuri & Shoujo-ai FTW
Jul 3, 2021 4:58 PM

Aug 2010
7/10.

The show served it's purpose to get people interested in the source material. Awful production, but the story and Yuuki Aoi carry it.

Also to anyone saying stuff about the manga, the manga, if you don't read both ones and just read Kumoko's one, is just crap. It's just a fantasy show, while Kumo Desu Ga is different from your generic fantasy Isekai because it has a very interesting mystery full of twists and turns. Without both sides of the story, is just a fantasy show without any of the interesting mystery that make it good, might as well just watch Isekai #5531, same effect.
Jul 3, 2021 5:07 PM

Aug 2008
EZclap said:

The main spider heroine, Kumoko reincarnates in another world, in the heart of the world’s toughest dungeon. She fights her way to the top of the food chain, her achievements get noticed by a god, and ultimately she leaves the dungeon after a couple months. Outside humans are no match for her anymore but she runs into the most powerful entity of this world (other than the gods), the demon lord, who is pissed off at our protagonist for killing her underlings (the giant queen spiders) in the dungeon. She loses multiple times against the demon lord but always survives and ultimately manages to taint the demon lord’s soul and forces a truce.

Meanwhile, classmates from the previous life on Earth also reincarnate but as mostly humans, as newborn babies. It takes them years to grow up, train at an academy and as young teens get involved in the war between humans and demons. Their teacher gets reincarnated as an elf in the elf village as the daughter of the elf leader, potimas, and asks for his help to gather reincarnators and protect them. Potimas and the elves appear to help and gather the reincarnators through even questionable means but it’s not clear if they are helping out of only good intentions.

Throughout this time Kumoko’s path crosses with Sophia who reincarnated as a baby vampire. Kumoko starts to watch over her from afar but ends up becoming the catalyst of conflict between rival human factions of different religions, bringing conflict to Sophia’s nation and family.

In summary, there is a ~15 year gap between the spider side of the story where we follow Kumoko and everyone else is still a baby, and the human side of the story where we learn of the impact of Kumoko’s past actions through legends and the ongoing conflicts in the world - which tend to directly link to Kumoko and her relationship with the demon lord.
KvakondJul 3, 2021 5:10 PM
Jul 3, 2021 5:14 PM
Dec 2020
nightcrawlercyp said:
A redeeming episode after the last 3 garbage ones this the one that saved the series for me
KANLen09 said:
Well after that whole production scrap job that took a week's worth of delay, we finally get the ending for this show's production hell.

Kumoko finding herself from cradle to life...and then evolving into her arachne form, which looks nice. As for the human side, Shun is steadily on the losing end against Sophia and the rest of the Demon Lords, and it doesn't get any better.

Sophia's backstory as the vampire baby which got targeted by the elves (with Potimas in control), in protection by Merazophis...and indeed Kumoko came to save her. But a half-human, half-cyborg Terminator-like Potimas? Well that hits different, and is easily outdone.

Of course, how would you end Isekai Spider without Ariel in the picture. It's weird to see Ariel and Kumoko come together, but I've gotta admit that is the meeting of 2 different gods.

Finally this show is over...and depending on the results, you could say that this show landed the ending quite amicably. A good show that's only brought down by the production values.

You do realize the human side is just in the future and the big baddy is Potimas , right?
About Potimas he is a modified human into what one could call an elf but even as an elf his lifespan is very short compared to demons are other similar creatures thus in his quest for immortality he spends most time in suspended animation while controlling robots remotely. So he is not half human cyborg, he is modified human that controls remotely robots that pose as him. As a note the 'cyborgs' in terminator shoudl not have been called cyborgs but robots. A cyborg is a biological organism with robotic enhancements. But they are robots with some biological components. When does one move from cyborg too robot is debatable but my vote would be when both brain and heart is replaced by mechanical parts

Gee thanks for spoiling future events ffs I hope you get banned
Jul 3, 2021 5:20 PM

Aug 2008
amlg said:
Interesting that Kumo says the "Tech that will destroy the world" is literally just "Science"...

Does that means once RL reaches that advancement, we'll be destroyed? LUL

(kinda unfair to science TBH, but then again, this is viewed from "Fantasy Magic world's side", so Tech is technically some sort of "Taboo" to them)

Basically to save the "world" they need to destroyed all "science" that can one day go against the Gods (Admins) that uses "magic". (as Mechas are mostly unaffected by magic and can use anti-magic fields)

Which is also interesting to note, that in the flashback when talking about Tech being Taboo... it's literally a picture of "Skyscrappers"... meaning "modern world" like Reincarnate's old World (aka our iRL world). This means the "Taboo" wasn't going to happen til YEARS later, considering majority of the world's buildings and structures are like those of Medieval era, only the Elves have Science Advancement. (possibly the Taboo was "Nukes" aka "Nuclear Warfare" after the rest of the world caught up in Science Advancement and started going crazy on each other like how they kept on showing Kingdoms trying to dominate each other in Past and Present timelines)

Cause if you think about it, with the Tech the Elves possess since 15 years ago (Robo-Potimas and Clones), they could have easily dominated all other Kingdoms in 15 years StarWar style with Clones and Droids, lol, yet they did not use any Tech on any Kingdoms and had it remain a secret for years... Meaning the Taboo only happens once other Kingdoms obtain science advancement and goes Greed.

Only thing that the Elves fucked up is cause Potimas wanted to help Oka with her reincarnate issue and didn't think logically enough and decide to just "plunder"... (since before Oka telepathy talked to Potimas, the elves didn't go around kidnapping and killing people)

You are not quite right about the link between science, Taboo, and the threat that’s about to bring the end of the world.

KvakondJul 3, 2021 5:26 PM
Jul 3, 2021 5:23 PM
May 2011
NaughtySempai said:
IanDimas said:
Glad to be finally done with this, easily the worst anime I've watched this year

Dude really ???!!
Even worse than EX-ARMđź‘€

EX-ARM is probably worse, but I did not watch it, haha
Jul 3, 2021 5:43 PM

Jan 2021
Loved how this last episode ended, even there are CGI in the whole series I appreciated how they hard worked on it, hoping more screentime for Kumoko's Arachne form in Season 2(if there is), thanks for the producers, studios, staffs, and seiyuus(especially Yuuki Aoi) for this great series!
TensoruJul 3, 2021 6:21 PM
Jul 3, 2021 5:49 PM
Dec 2017
Comparison between Novel, Manga and Anime of the Arachne evolution. If it doesn't show properly open the image in a new tab.

It's not the best image of the evolution of all the mediums but I needed a shot of the full body and that's not a spoiler.

Also, for anyone interested this is the insert song of the end of the episode.
Jul 3, 2021 5:52 PM
Jun 2021
Maxmilian said:
Finally the ending. Was worth the delay. The timelines are at last merged. Maybe some fillers how Kumoko evolved to full human form in the 2nd season. Can't wait.
Definitely my favorite from this season. And here I almost skipped this anime.

Well you have ~13 years to cover between the beginning of Kumoko journey with Ariel and the moment where Kumoko appears before Shun.

Sorry, but it won't be fillers ^^
Jul 3, 2021 5:55 PM

Dec 2016
Wait, I think I've been misunderstanding something this whole time ...

So, the "spider-side" and the "human-side" stories don't really happen in the same timeline, do they?

I've just realized it because of Sophia when she was that baby vampire, as well as other stuff that were a bit weird for me.

So yeh ... I've been watching this while show thinking that the story and action was all happening in the same timeline ...
Jul 3, 2021 6:14 PM

Jul 2013
Really enjoyed this finale! The animation while not great, was certainly a lot better than previous weeks.
For those who haven't seen it, I recommend reading the news article about the many production issues the student faced due to outsourcing.

Love Kumoko's new form and Ariel's new personality. I'm curious to see what's going on with Potimus and how he has so many clone bodies.

So sad to see this series end here. I really want to see the adventures with Ariel and the rest. It would definitely make for a great season 2.

Overall, I'll give an 8/10. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought, despite the terrible animation. The story and voice acting were great and kept me interested throughout. It's a shame others didn't give it more of a chance due to the horrible CGI.

Guess I need to go read the light novel now.
Jul 3, 2021 6:37 PM

Dec 2007
I really need to see white playing dress up with the spider dolls and torturing Sophia. There is a reason she becomes just a crazy bitch and it has to do with envy and whites grueling training. I dont want a season 2, i want periodic ovas with the book releases for pure fan service.
Jul 3, 2021 6:41 PM

Oct 2019
The end of the season (show?) was much better than I expected. Too many questions were left unanswered though, so I hope we get a second season - if possible from another studio. For instance :

1)Is the current status quo between Kumoko and Ariel the same as it was 14 - 15 years ago? Who's the actual boss in the present time and who's stronger? And does it really matter if one of them is pure Kumoko and the other is ~50% Kumoko and ~50% Ariel? I found interesting that Sophia called Kumoko "Master", but (as far as I recall) not Ariel. Assuming both of them are equal bosses / Masters would it really work? There is a saying that you cannot have two bosses and all that..

2)I thought Potimas had milked the reincarnated students of their knowledge to make his machines but it appears he already knew how to make them, since 14 - 15 years ago he already had multiple cyborg bodies of himself when Oka-chan was just a toddler. Later on apparently he also made (biological) clones of himself, one of which 15-year old Sophia decapitated. I think this guy has gone beyond even the over-cautious hero in his cautiousness - or perhaps cowardice.

3)Why was Oka-chan so surprised to find out that Kumoko / Wakaba was alive (I thought she was lying before but she really thought she was dead)? Did the latter find out about Oka-chan's unique skill and devise a way to hide her status from her?

4)Going back to Oka-chan how much does she know about Potimas' diabolical plans and deeds? Does she know almost everything and decided to turn a blind eye in order to save her students, hence her recent doubts and self-questioning about what she did? Does she know that Potimas murdered the parents of Sophia and surely had the parents of other children murdered?

5)Which of Kumoko's parallel minds survived - and does it matter? She said she managed to slip one of her parallel minds into an egg. Martial artist Body-chan merged with Ariel, so there were three minds left. Since only one mind survived the other two are apparently gone, but can she restore them? Her memories appeared to be fine though, so they are not tied to the parallel minds.
She did not appear to lose any power either, despite mentioning that she made a weaker clone of herself in the form of an egg. It appears that her physical form does not really matter, all that mattered is that she managed to transfer one of her parallel minds to an egg, and along with it all her skills and stats.

6)Last but not least, since Shun reached Taboo level 10 (~15 years after Kumoko...) does this mean he knows everything about the truth of this world, the imminent danger it is in and why exactly Ariel, Kumoko and co attacked the elves?
Jul 3, 2021 6:49 PM

May 2011
Ch1l1C0nCarnag3 said:
My only thought is that this didn't really feel like an ending point. This feels like there should be one episode to go considering they've left the Human side of the story in the middle of a war. That should at least be brought to a close before you end a season; at least in my opinion.

Agreed. Why leave a highly anticipated reunion hanging so poorly?
Jul 3, 2021 7:06 PM
Jun 2021
Ausp said:
Ch1l1C0nCarnag3 said:
My only thought is that this didn't really feel like an ending point. This feels like there should be one episode to go considering they've left the Human side of the story in the middle of a war. That should at least be brought to a close before you end a season; at least in my opinion.

Because it ends on a cliffhanger in the source material as well. Yes, in both case it's frustrating.
Jul 3, 2021 7:18 PM

May 2011
groudonvert said:
Ausp said:

Because it ends on a cliffhanger in the source material as well. Yes, in both case it's frustrating.

The difference in the length of the break though.

Anyway, I was just trying to find where in the LN the anime stopped but based on the info that I found, the story in the LN is arranged differently and I read that the manga is quite poor. -_-
Jul 3, 2021 7:24 PM

Dec 2014
Kumoko Part - 9/10
Shun's Part - 3/10 (-Bad Animation last few episodes) (+Kumoko's human form)

Would overall rate 8/10 if Shun's part of the story has never existed; also, the last few episodes were a mess.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

232 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 23, 6:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.