Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 24, 2021 7:12 PM

Oct 2014
Disappointed they didn't sing the OP at the end.
Would have given it a notch higher rating but my wishes were ruined :'(

That end cliffhanger tho.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Jun 24, 2021 7:15 PM

Feb 2014
Franchouchou's journey to get here and now that they're here, its really epic. This season finale nearly bought me to tears considering how they came through for Saga. The connections they made on the way and the smiles they bought to the people was definitely worth it. Even the Legendary Tae did her own monologue to start up. And when Sakura got down in tears at the end, I knew it this was just gonna be the best end to their revenge.

With how things ended, portraying the herald of the catastrophe also with how Tatsumi hid his blood. I think we're up for one last ride one more time.
Franchouchou fight DA WARDU!!!

When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 24, 2021 7:18 PM

Feb 2014
chungzic said:
What an ending, amazing episode, the animation and cg were fully upgraded, almost perfect season!
9/10. Hope we can get s3 soon~

Yep felt like attending a real virtual concert live.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 24, 2021 7:27 PM

Nov 2019
What a fucking banger of an episode! Also, what were those Aliens at the post-credits of the episode? Lol.

Also could this be the end for ZLS? I am fine with a sequel of it, but the ending was so satisfying so I guess I won't ask for more.
Jun 24, 2021 7:29 PM

Dec 2015
Man, I'm speechless. Those last episodes really were better than anything I could've expected. Surprisingly, this managed to be one of my favorites of the year so far. Overall 8/10. Outstanding job from MAPPA and the Seiyuu for making this work.
Jun 24, 2021 8:20 PM

Oct 2014
Legendary episode 12, probably one of the best animated idol/band concert Ive seen in an anime. MAPPA did an incredible job.

Theres still a lot of untold story to cover. I hope we'll get a season 3 in the future.

8/10
Jun 24, 2021 9:21 PM
Apr 2019
bruh our boy Kotaro cant be dying on us NOW its too SOON

also aliens? okay...

And any sign of Tae waking up ever? Would that shake up everyone's impression on her if she did?
Jun 24, 2021 9:35 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Great ending, and alliens? lul.
Jun 24, 2021 9:39 PM

Aug 2013
Top 10 anime finales
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 24, 2021 9:40 PM

Jan 2021
Cliffhanger ending in anime spring 2021. :v

Poor Saga, it has been hit by a disaster & plus mass massacres by UFOs/aliens.
Jun 24, 2021 11:30 PM

May 2020
I saw 20 seconds left on the video and wondered what could possibly be the last little scene. Well THAT wasn't on the list of things I would have guessed!!
Is Blue Box my favorite manga? Not yet...Yes. Yes it is. 

Jun 24, 2021 11:45 PM

Oct 2013
Excuse me, what the fuck? What. 10/10. Where's my season 3? T-T
Jun 24, 2021 11:48 PM

Jul 2016
Well, the girls did it. They got their revenge and managed to bring all Saga together in quite the epic way. And all they needed was for a whole prefecture to collapse.

Nice finale overall. Franchouchou's live concert was fantastic and the songs they sang were absolute fire. Buildup starting up with Saki's speech on the radio being quite powerful as well.
By the way, I still can't get over the fact of Tae making a Freddie Mercury reference on stage. From one legend to another, huh?

As for the season, I personally think it was better than the first one. Yes, there were some episodes that felt rather pointless such as the MaiMai filler one and the early drama with Iron Frill but all things considered, they were still entertaining to some degree. The Tae-focused episode being another filler instead of a backstory one was quite the disappointment tho. I won't deny that.

7/10 - Anyways, looking forward to seeing ZLS going full Independence Day in a potential third season.
Jun 24, 2021 11:57 PM
Sep 2019
Damn, one of the best original anime for me.
Jun 25, 2021 12:12 AM

Sep 2008
I expected 2 things. tae waking up (didn't happen)
everything outside the stadium destroyed. (did happen)
but I sure as hell didn't expect independence day.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jun 25, 2021 12:15 AM

Jan 2008
This ending is kinda... Fargoish.

Anyway, solid season. Better directing, CG improved a lot, better characterizations, had more ambition than the prequel, gave enough background explanations, but not in a forced-didactic way, so the lore is still there, and overall it was more enjoyable. Outside of the horribad Maimai one, all the episodes have presented something noteworthy and the finale was more than satisfying.

Though, the franchise still has plenty of rooms to develop, for instance the dialogues could have been better and the members of Franchouchou should interact with each other more. Also, I found the comedy parts somewhat weaker this time, but that doesn't matter much.

8/10

ETA: Gekkou Survive full version
JunchiJun 25, 2021 12:31 AM
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Jun 25, 2021 12:41 AM
Jan 2021
So who's ready for season 3, zombieland saga: Franchouchou in space?
Jun 25, 2021 12:55 AM

Oct 2016
Holy fuck man....
I know thats the concert going to happen, but i didnt expect to become magnificent like that.
The cgs so beautiful...
I think kotaro's bleeding from contract to the old man bartender, as we know that they have no time.
But UFO? Wtf was that. Come out of nowhere and blew up everything.
Solid 8.5 from me.
YES
Jun 25, 2021 1:31 AM

Oct 2016
Man, that was an avengers assemble type of shit when all the fans arrived at the stadium. What a legendary season finale and season overall. This episode gave me tears, goosebumps, happiness and everything in between all at the same time.

Fuck, Kotaro is dying, I wonder if a Zombie Kotaro will still hit the same. Tae really did that Freddie Mercury thing holy shit. This was 27 minutes of greatness and that fucking UFO at the end bruh, give us season 3 asap. If we get a concert in space I am going to fucking flip.

Fantastic season, 9/10
Jun 25, 2021 1:35 AM
Jun 2021
June 24 - Final Episode of ZLSR.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_UFO_Day
- also happened June 24.

I have a feeling this is connected :)
Kotaru coughing blood? - that'll be revealed next season.
Next Season can be either Aliens or The last 10 seconds could just be a television show.
I highly doubt the Aliens hit the Concert Area, it could be everything else is dead except that area.

Hope Season 3 or a movie comes out to explain everything. The last 10 seconds of an Alien ship straight out of Independence Day blowing up an entire area was mind boggling xD
Jun 25, 2021 2:04 AM

Mar 2014
Awesome finale and that ending a spaceship !!? Whatever it is I do hope that season 3 will happen
Jun 25, 2021 2:14 AM
Feb 2020
SoraSenpai said:
Alpha_Lily_Weeb said:
TAE PULLED A FREDDIE MERCURY AFTER THE SONG PFFFF
Edit: K, I was lowkey joking but even all the melodies of the growls match so that was clearly intentional lmao

You're the first one I saw who mentioned it. THANK YOU!!!

No one going to say anything that they gave Tae a Freddy Mercury moment?!?!?! I mean a Legendary Moment for a Legendary YAMADA TAE

He's the reference for anyone who is curious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkbP5OPQhdQ

Kotoro paying the price for creating these Zombies and now it is showing. If FMA taught us anything it is equivalent exchange.

Please season 3 and PLEASE Tae Back Story.

10/10

IKR!? NOBODY SAID ANYTHING!
Jun 25, 2021 3:30 AM
May 2019
Is that a motherfucking Queen reference?!

sfhdkjhfd okay somehow this last episode took the show from a 7 to an 8. Like I didnt think it was gonna give me emotions but when that concert was about to start and all the people came in and the music swarmed it felt incredibly epic. the hype was real in those minutes.

finally figured out why i love these characters dynamics more than other shows with loads of cute girls. bc these feel like a found family. like Yuugiri and Lily has such big big sib and lil sib vibes it's just so wholesome and cute I love it. And all the other girls feel like a family as well to me. It's just great
Jun 25, 2021 5:16 AM
May 2020
SATISFYING EPISODE FOR THE REVENGE! ALL ARE IN THE HANDS OF FRANCHOUCHOU FOR THE BEST OF SAGA!

WE WANT SEASON 3 !!! LEETSSS GO

Jun 25, 2021 5:24 AM
Oct 2019
Such an amazing episode, everyone we have met coming together to save Saga and make the EFS concert a massive hit.

Chotto fucking matte, what in the unholy gods was that post-credit scene? We got zombies, magic, dieties and now aliens? God this show really never gets boring, I need one concert to be Franchouchou in mechasuits.
Jun 25, 2021 5:47 AM

Jun 2016
that concert is awesome !!!
but what the heck with that ending , there an ufo ship haha
Jun 25, 2021 5:53 AM

Jun 2017
The alien thing was foreshadowed all along if you watch the covers holy shit! It never depicted the flood...it depicted the aliens wrecking shit. (you can even see the beam behind Koutarou)
Jun 25, 2021 6:48 AM
May 2014
Man I miss concerts now....
I wanna have that feeling of being one with the crowd and the people on stage again.

ANYWAY

Why is Kotaro bleeding? AND WHY WAS THERE AN UFO?!

I need answers!!!
Jun 25, 2021 7:03 AM
Dec 2018
The final episode was amazing. I have never been this hyped for a long time. The three songs they performed were great. Kotaru is bleeding and a fucking giant UFO appeared in the last 20 seconds. MAPPA PLEASE SEASON 3 THERE'S NO WAY YOU'RE GOING TO END LIKE THAT
9/10.
VaineeeeeeJun 25, 2021 7:06 AM
Jun 25, 2021 7:39 AM

Apr 2012
not gonna lie, the last 20 seconds were the best
Jun 25, 2021 9:29 AM
Mar 2010
Could we be getting a movie??
Because on April's Fool the ZombieLand Saga made a movie parody of ZLS VS Aliens poster movie.
It was recently re-upload on twitter.
S -https://twitter.com/EmV8KVVRzzg3fvY/status/1408084570998677504?s=20
Jun 25, 2021 10:15 AM
Nov 2019
HOLY FUCKING SHIT SAGA,that ending tho. Can't wait for franchouchou to drill a hole through the universe.

Glorious episode, 9/10. I need more idols going plus ultra in my life.
Jun 25, 2021 10:20 AM

Mar 2021
Lol does our boy have tuberculosis coughin up blood like that
Jun 25, 2021 11:03 AM
Jun 2013
So, S3 or a movie will be ZiB (Zombies in Black) v. Aliens? Gonna need bigger guns...
Two full seasons in the books, and Tae still has yet to awaken, but is allowed to let loose Freddie Mercury style in the concert. Have to wonder how much of a balancing act MAPPA is doing with Kotono Mitsuishi considering she's reprising her roles in Eva and Sailor Moon at the same time as Saga, and there's one more arc in Sailor Moon Eternal that needs to be finished, and possibly during the same time that S3 of Saga is being recorded as well.... which does make me wonder what will be Tae's "awaken" voice? Kotono-san's normal voice? Something close to Usagi's? Or something approaching the voices of Hummy (Suite Precure) and Ebichui (the Housekeeping Hamster)? Can't wait to find out...
Jun 25, 2021 11:59 AM

May 2011
Junchi said:
This ending is kinda... Fargoish.

Anyway, solid season. Better directing, CG improved a lot, better characterizations, had more ambition than the prequel, gave enough background explanations, but not in a forced-didactic way, so the lore is still there, and overall it was more enjoyable. Outside of the horribad Maimai one, all the episodes have presented something noteworthy and the finale was more than satisfying.

Though, the franchise still has plenty of rooms to develop, for instance the dialogues could have been better and the members of Franchouchou should interact with each other more. Also, I found the comedy parts somewhat weaker this time, but that doesn't matter much.

8/10

ETA: Gekkou Survive full version

gekkou survive full version , totally in love with junko in the second half.

9/10 solid season for me, i love idol shows and this one is simply one of the best out there. MAPPA certain did a great job, despite alot of cgi, they were good quality ones.

Season 1 was great, this season was even better with great backstories plus even better songs! gekkou survive , and also finally hikari e in the insert song!

Can't wait for the live concert in october with hanakana joining as guest. Also , season 3 please

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 25, 2021 12:33 PM

Jan 2017
Absolutely loved the ending, even if the help from "old" friends was quite predictable it was still quite touching. Loved Tae doing the Freddie Mercury impro with the public <3

But what the fuck that ending? UFO attack? So the girls fighting an alien/mecha while wearing super sentai costumes in the S1 OP was a foreshadowing?

Also, Kotaro is dying because he is finally saving Saga, so his deal with the old man is done???

WE NEEEEEED S3 ASAP!!!
Jun 25, 2021 1:04 PM
Sep 2020
Anyone gonna comment on kataro coughing up blood? And wtf aliens!!! Loved the episode what a cliff hanger.
Jun 25, 2021 1:15 PM
Jul 2020
chakracat said:
That Queen's 1986 Wembley live reference holy fuck, hope someone else caught that.

This season's been nothing but quality. Gonna miss the girls.
Yes, I just wanted you to know, I caught that reference too.
Jun 25, 2021 3:29 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Storm1988 said:
chakracat said:
That Queen's 1986 Wembley live reference holy fuck, hope someone else caught that.

This season's been nothing but quality. Gonna miss the girls.

Dude, yes! Freddie would have been proud. <3

Hell yeah, I knew that had to be a reference to Freddie.

It was a really good final episode, with the extra minutes it was perfect, a really good live performance from Franchouchou, the songs were great, emotions were high, couldn’t really ask for more. I do wish they would have busted out an old song but it’s nice we got 3 new songs. And wowzers, aliens at the end, and here I didn’t think the plot could be more over the top, I really hope for a season 3 now!

This was a really good Season 2, I never tire of this amazing series, it always blows me away with how good it is. It was called Zombieland Saga Revenge, and revenge there was, really really enjoyed it. I’m excited to see where it goes from here if we do get another season, I’m gonna miss the girls all over again, maybe I should rewatch season 1 sometime.
Jun 25, 2021 6:37 PM

Apr 2020
The concert was so good, I really loved the ballad. Also Junko's voice is so good every time.

What the hell were those last 10 seconds lmao
Jun 25, 2021 7:05 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 12 and its really good, and its the last episode as well.. for this ep, its all about hope in the face of a crisis.. i have never been in a crisis before, and am not planning on it as well, but i know that a crisis such as a very strong storm would be very devastating for all people.. both physically and mentally.. and in such a crisis, we all have our own roles to fill.. like the girls, that even tho they may be zombies, they all are giving hope for all the people of saga.. which is also what they needed right now.. when everything seems down, music can always bring us back to our feet, even tho we all differ with taste.. and the ending, there is also a hint that there may be a s3! Haha.. and really?! Aliens?! anyways, i rate the anime a 9.5 of 10, 9.5 for both story and art.. :)
Jun 25, 2021 8:01 PM
Apr 2019
So is that ending the beginning of So I'm a spider so what?
Jun 25, 2021 8:39 PM
May 2019
SGCS said:
wtf was that post credits scene lol fucking aliens are coming
it could also be a non cannon tease like they do for marvel stuff
Jun 25, 2021 8:44 PM
May 2019
This episode and the last were really good.
Jun 25, 2021 10:10 PM

Apr 2014
Emotionally charged finale. Metal head guys as supportive as ever along with all the other friends they've made. Tae's call and response was a little weird, but cute. Half expected her to "wake up" and start talking.
And WTF was that cliffhanger!? I'm sort of guessing a fake out for, idk, a commercial, movie, or other promotional they do next season or something? I guess a jump to aliens wouldnt be too weird what with zombies being real and it would put some extra context to the opening animations of both seasons. Its gonna become a super sentai idol zombie show! XD
But even that aside Kotaro bleeding while covering it up with exaggerated, though I believe real, tears is now also something that needs answered.
Though as my friend thought they were tear stains, if so its very misleading.
But he's been going on about a time limit for this "project" during this season which I thought had something to do with the zombie reanimation or the old guys curse, and it still might in some regard, but it seems he might personally have a time limit either from a sickness or maybe he gave up his soul or body or something to make the girls into zombie idols.
Regardless looks like they plan for another season in the future!
I say "I'm speechless" to tell you I want to say something though am not sure how...
Jun 25, 2021 10:26 PM

Apr 2014
this second season has become one of my favorite anime : D, lets hope we get a new season!!
Jun 25, 2021 11:53 PM

Jun 2019
That UFO ending....

Let's come back to the Season 1 Opening.
Jun 25, 2021 11:56 PM

Jun 2019
-Haoto- said:
At 17:55, I heard Tae saying "你好" (hello) in Cantonese lol.

And man that ending, I just had it in my mind.
What if most of Saga's people all gathered in one place, just to ALL DIE TOGETHER?
And then a freaking UFO showed up lol.

Genocide for the win. What's next? Omnicide?
At least it's good to know that there's some kind of continuity with the story. Or maybe a season 3.
Or you know, the author playing with us and just ending the entire franchise with a blast...

Kotarou's illness is somehow connected to Saga's curse I guess.

What if the explosion was... idk, in the south of Saga?

Imagine if the live concert was in the EFS in the north of Saga, and just the UFO hits the middle to south of Saga? (I'm supposing the UFO strike was at the same time of the concert)

The concert saved the whole city.

Aliens~
Jun 26, 2021 7:14 AM

May 2020
YOOOO what a last episode!! definitely my top anime this season... 9/10 i hope it gets 3rd season asap

Jun 26, 2021 8:37 AM

Dec 2012
Outstanding episode. I've watched love live (muse arc only) and I don't recall any of their 'animated' performances (CGI) being this godlike.

Great music, character development, funny moments and why not even emotional moments.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2021

109 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2021

120 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2021

172 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2021

113 by Karva1 »»
Apr 2, 3:46 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2021

93 by Karva1 »»
Apr 2, 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.