Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jun 22, 2021 10:10 AM
Jan 2018
Very satisfying yet a bit bittersweet for me. Even though they make it out to look like Vivy survived, she probably didn't.
The program they used was the same one that Matsumoto used on Diva, so while the body still survived Vivy is long gone. At least she was able to sing with all her heart in the end. The fact the it took the persona erasing program for her to actually sing at the end, shows that she's come to terms with her inner conflict. Without relying on what she was programmed to do, she was able to sing to the fullest. Truly amazing.
Jun 23, 2021 1:23 AM

Aug 2008
The anime started strong, but I felt towards the later half of the arc it just started lacking something.
And as for Vivy, it was a roller coaster of me being infatuated with her, and me finding some of her flaws annoying, in particular with her insecurities. Oh and the last two episodes were sorta confusing and overly complicated.

I didn't fully understand who was the actual bad guy of the series, and assuming it was that central AI in the end, I didn't really understand its motives.

Also, didn't get the whole Vivy breaking down because of singing part either. Like, what was the deal with that.
Well anyway, I guess part of her personality survived whatever ailment she suffered from signing that last song or whatever, and Matsumomoto is still around. So yay?

Anyway. The animation was gorgeous, the directing and composition was also good. The music was really good as well. All Wit Studio quality indeed. The concept of the story was also damn interesting, it reminded me of Nier Automata.
The main things I didn't like was some of the key characters, and the overall confusing story, specially towards the end.
Jun 23, 2021 3:13 AM

Jul 2019
Top production from WIT studio. It was a joy from the beginning to the end. I can't imagine this show without the music though its brilliant. Solid 8/10 for me thought its pretty straightforward storywise despite having some twists here and there. Anime of the season candidate for sure.
Jun 23, 2021 11:29 PM

May 2020
And so it ends, with Vivy saving the world with her song. Her short hair looks absolutely amazing.

Overall, this is a solid 7/10 show. Some of the strongest production values that I've seen in recent years. Its definitely not perfect but damn it, I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Jun 24, 2021 4:56 AM

Apr 2020
Eh... it was fine. I wanted to like it but it just never really came though for me. I'm usually a sap for these types of shows. Maybe it was the time travel that threw me off? Idk. Vivy's new cut at the end was waaaaaay better than that ugly lump of long she had for the rest of the series though. I'm glad I got to see her look cute once.

Over all I think it was about a 6 but I REEEAAAALLY wanted to like it so I gave it a 7. Deffs not 8.5 territory though... not sure what I'm missing there.
Jun 24, 2021 5:33 AM
Feb 2020
Loved it, 8/10.

If i could break it down by episode, eps 1-6 were a 10/10, 7-10 were 7/10, 11-12 were 5/10, and episode 13 a 9/10. Episode 12 was pretty bad, I think time travel ass-pulls are kinda wack. Why was he able to send her back a few hours, but not just send her back like, many years so that she can save everyone? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Also just the fact that doc has literal working time travel and can't think of a better solution to prevent this entire situation takes me out of it. Unrestricted/arbitrarily restricted time travel is just too powerful to not weaken the plot of most shows it's included in.

The post-credits finale seen is incredible I think. Just the right amount of happiness that she gets to live out her life being a songstress but also sadness that the vivy we knew is gone forever. Pretty neat.
BerbinoJun 24, 2021 5:53 AM
Jun 24, 2021 10:19 AM

Dec 2016
Loved it. The pacing was really smooth and didn't feel that noticeably rushed (if you compare it with Yakusoku no Neverland S2). They really made it feel like it was a 100 years journey in just 13 episodes. The character development was satisfying too. The songs were beautiful. The animation, it's Wit so it was perfect tho I kinda didn't like those zoomed still frames, they looked like high quality digital art, those were beautiful but since this is an animation those sudden still frames didn't go well with it.

And I wish they explained more about the science behind them being able to rewind the time of the whole world...that looked so dreamlike...if not real at least a made up explanation would've been ok too...in this case Godzilla S.P. did it better, their scientific explanations about past, future and present made it seem realistic.

I think they still didn't explain about Younger Kakitani showing up as an AI...or did the dumb me miss something?

Why did Vivy stop working while singing? Is it because the Archive went down since she was connected with the archive to make them listen to her song?

Vivy came back but with a different hairstyle. Not bad but long haired Vivy is just too precious.

This anime had some flaws of not explaining some stuff but they can be overlooked with the thought that “it just happened”
It was still really enjoyable so overall 8/10
Rickydory123Jun 24, 2021 10:33 AM
Jun 24, 2021 7:40 PM

May 2013
Berbino said:
Loved it, 8/10.

If i could break it down by episode, eps 1-6 were a 10/10, 7-10 were 7/10, 11-12 were 5/10, and episode 13 a 9/10. Episode 12 was pretty bad, I think time travel ass-pulls are kinda wack. Why was he able to send her back a few hours, but not just send her back like, many years so that she can save everyone? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Also just the fact that doc has literal working time travel and can't think of a better solution to prevent this entire situation takes me out of it. Unrestricted/arbitrarily restricted time travel is just too powerful to not weaken the plot of most shows it's included in.

The post-credits finale seen is incredible I think. Just the right amount of happiness that she gets to live out her life being a songstress but also sadness that the vivy we knew is gone forever. Pretty neat.
You don't get it. Episode 12 Ending wasn't an asspull. Vivy is an autonomous AI so she won't suffer possible biological repercussions due to time travel. It's also a one-way Time Leap. Sending her back wouldn't work, Archive already calculated every occurence to stop her 100 year journey from changing anything significant. Sending her back before Judgment Day would have been all for nothing. Vivy's only chance was during Judgement Day cause Archive has dedicated her entire processing to every AI on the planet during that time.
Jun 24, 2021 9:34 PM
Feb 2020
DarkwindJR said:
Berbino said:
Loved it, 8/10.

You don't get it. Episode 12 Ending wasn't an asspull. Vivy is an autonomous AI so she won't suffer possible biological repercussions due to time travel. It's also a one-way Time Leap. Sending her back wouldn't work, Archive already calculated every occurence to stop her 100 year journey from changing anything significant. Sending her back before Judgment Day would have been all for nothing. Vivy's only chance was during Judgement Day cause Archive has dedicated her entire processing to every AI on the planet during that time.

Yeah I understand that, it just isn't believable to me. Time travel is too powerful to hand-wave it like that, what if they went back hundreds or thousands of years, changed one thing for a huge butterfly effect? A world where AI was never invented, or different engineers created it that gave the archive a different mission.

Also, it's only one way because they didn't save the doctor again. Based on the shows own logic they could keep doing it if they save him every time.
Fair enough if that convinced other viewers though.
BerbinoJun 24, 2021 11:13 PM
Jun 25, 2021 10:04 AM

May 2016
even moist cr1tikal did a video on it it is so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPvchyomIiI
Jun 26, 2021 12:52 AM
Jun 2020
Overall, very good show. My biggest issue lies with Yūgo Kakitani. I still don't understand his motivation to join an anti-AI terrorist organization. Where does his hatred come from? Yugo's life was saved as a child by an AI, yet he hates them? Genuinely confused.
Jun 26, 2021 2:00 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
What a wholesome show <3

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Jun 26, 2021 2:53 PM

Feb 2020
I don't understand this ending. I guess Vivy has been reboot or something, which is why she has awakened but has forgotten everything and has a different appearance, but what about Matsumoto ? Why is he still the one we know ? I feel like this last scene left us with more questions than answers...
There's also one thing I don't get, which is why Beth was still alive and fine after Archive shut down. She was connected to Archive, right ? That's the only thing that can explain how she didn't lose control, but then why didn't she shut down as well ?

Other than that, Vivy's last song was quite a beautiful one, definitely my favorite from the show. And the way she shut down, so abruptly, was pretty shocking even if that was expected. It was very well done.

Now for the rest... Well, I think this episode confirmed how I've been feeling about this show lately, which is : disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I really like this show, but overall it really felt underwhelming, like it had such a great idea but never fully explored it. Consequently for how great the song was, this episode felt very underwhelming, I felt frustrated because I wanted to see more. While I really liked Matsumoto, I hoped his character would be explored more in depth, and his last conversation with Vivy felt underwhelming. Considering that they both knew they wouldn't see each other again, that Matsumoto admitted he wanted to hear her sing despite knowing that was too late, and that Vivy showed a brand new, playful side of her, they could've made something much better and more impactful than what we got.
I also wished to know more about the A.I whose name I forgot but who called Vivy out this episode. She was such a mystery, but not in a good way, more like they introduced her but didn't really know how to make her involved in the story so they just didn't.
And actually, the majority of the cast was full of interesting characters who didn't receive proper screentime, that's a shame.
I could go on about plenty of other things rhat bothered me but firstly, I'm currently too lazy, and anyway I don't wanna start complaining because I still enjoyed this show. It just really had the potential to be great yet in the end it was just fairly good.
Jun 26, 2021 5:21 PM
Nov 2020
Apparently there was an episode 13.5? (but I heard it's just a recap, which is strange since the story has ended)
Jun 27, 2021 1:01 AM

Aug 2018
This was a decent ending but not the best i think ep 6 still the best episode from this anime.
I got a bit emotional in this last episode i thought Vivy will not come back.
Thankfully this time Yui and Elizabeth lived!

I think this was a bitter sweet ending yeah she saved the humanity but she didnt achieve her goal since the very start , to hear by a lot of people and see them smile in her singing in the main stage which kinda sad.
Also why they cut her hair ahhh I prefer the long hair Vivy and this coming from a person who always likes short haired girls.

Overall, I really love this anime! Before the season starts this was not in my watch list but after seeing a lot of great reviews in this anime I tried it and fall in love to it lmao.

I say this is close to being a masterpice, great narrative,story,characters,plot,animation,art,drama and main character which carry this anime a lot which is Vivy considering this is an original anime. For me I consider this a masterpiece already. For its animation which also the great factor that makes this anime amazing, I've never seen anything this good in awhile Im shocked on how superb the animation of this like its really an anime in the future lol. Also let me add the awesome songs wow!! I love Vivy's voice too beautiful and to other characters as well like Grace and Ophelia!! Kudos to them they did a good job.

This anime really surprised me a lot
This is one of my AOTY!

I wish this was a bit longer and have season 2, that they slow down Vivy's 100 year quest but oh well
Its fine for me.

11/10
SOP-IIJun 27, 2021 1:05 AM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jun 29, 2021 11:01 AM
Feb 2017
kuwangpa said:
Apparently there was an episode 13.5? (but I heard it's just a recap, which is strange since the story has ended)

It’s just a recap episode sadly!!!
Jul 1, 2021 5:11 PM

Aug 2008
I'm rather confused with the ending, Vivy "died" with the shutdown yes? So is she really being reborn again or is this just another version of herself before her adventure? I'm assuming this is the future but I'm surprised humans would ever trust AI again and chance a repeat of what happened before.

Satisfied with the story overall even if it got a bit heavyhanded with the sweetness at times, I think I can get this to an 8/10
Jul 2, 2021 7:59 PM

Mar 2019
I love Vivy but really the anime didn’t quite reach the masterpiece level. 8.5/10
Jul 3, 2021 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
Do you guys think Vivy has chance to win anime of the season title?

https://anitrendz.net/polls/top-anime

I voted for Vivy and Odd Taxi
Jul 4, 2021 8:06 PM

Jun 2019
Solid finale. Great show overall. It started off as a “ew a musical anime?” To instantly reeling me in the first episode and keeping me throughout. Agreed on safe ending but liked that it ended well and didn’t complete tank at the end. 9/10
Jul 5, 2021 4:29 AM
Apr 2019
Ahh, it was a great anime, I love it very much. I see I'm not the only one, who didn't like those ultra-high-res-and-zoomed-frames, but the eyes... damn, they were beautiful... Overall great animation, story could have been longer (I wanted to enjoy more of it sooo bad), but I'm pretty satisfied.

CAn someone also tell me why did that satellite have to come crashing down on Vivy? I've seen explanations saying, that it was the Archive, but she would shut down regardless of that satellite...

Oh, and big cheers, if u got this far, I personally read all 270 reviews up until now!
Jul 5, 2021 9:40 PM

Jan 2014
I was sleepin on this show this whole season but finally picked it up right as it ended. What a beautiful trip. Vivy finally got to sing from her heart ;-;
☆・。・。☆・(* ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ~Aphotic ☆・。・。☆・゜
Jul 6, 2021 4:37 AM

Jul 2015
Really beautiful emotional song there, got a bit scared the hot cube Matsumoto and Vivy end up 'dead' but I'm glad they are still 'alive' at the end. In a way this series felt like a weird mix of Terminator with the movie 'I, Robot' because of the AI robots and also a supercomputer who wants to eradicate the human race, and I gotta say it did a pretty banger of a job doing so. I especially liked the aspect of seeing Vivy's progression into understanding what 'putting your heart into a song' means.

Jul 6, 2021 4:46 PM

Apr 2017
Took me 13 eps to realize that nagatsuki the creator of rezero made this, I did binge watch the whole thing without coming to even check it only makes sense but what a surprise it was to know about.
Jul 7, 2021 11:30 PM

Aug 2020
welp despite the wtf scenes in episode 9-12,it overall ended really well I should say. It ended as how I imagined it lol.

There were still tons of things that were not even questioned or we're just supposed to assume from this. The illogical reasoning of antonio and the archive and suddenly curb-ing their mission to somehow justify their actions might be the point of how ai couldn't understand human reasoning. Maybe that's why the drama in the series never really resonated with me. At first I was like wait they're not even trying to differentiate themselves with humans how are they going to go on with the mission now? It felt awkward especially with "Diva" which is Vivy's alterego suddenly saying goodbye like it was a phase in puberty or something lol.

In the end, Vivy was able to fulfill her mission of making people happy through her singing by saving them.

animation and ost is spectacular. World building could've been better but that's typically where anime originals fall short.

overall a 7/10. The start really hooked me and the end did deliver well.
Jul 8, 2021 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
An incredible two chapters without any flaws. In these last two chapters you realize how good a character Matsumoto and Vivy are (if it wasn't noticeable throughout the anime). I'm glad I watched this anime after it's over and without any interruptions (spoilers). Anyway I will see the Special to completely end the story.

Episodes

1- 9 : 9/10
10 : 5/10
11 : 5/10
12 : 8/10
13 : 9/10

Overall : 8.3
For me : 8
removed-userJul 8, 2021 8:13 AM
Jul 8, 2021 11:22 AM

Jun 2013
Kaizaki_ said:
Can someone explain to me why vivy passed out during singing her last song?

Archive put one change to save humanity with Shutdown all AI connected to archive by using Vivy song as "Password", This including Vivy itself.
Jul 10, 2021 10:25 AM
Aug 2020
Sorry, I couldn't really follow the plot at the end there. Can anybody tell me why Vivy's singing shut down all the AI and why she shut down at the end?
Jul 11, 2021 4:18 PM
Nov 2018
very fitting end to this story. knew vivy would be rebooted, and matsumoto also! this show told a lot in 13 episodes and it captivated me every minute i was watching
Jul 12, 2021 5:50 AM
Oct 2019
Eyes tearing when Vivy was Singing...
Flourite Eye's Song was a beautiful song.

Happy and Satisfying Ending for an Original Anime.
I really like it.

Thank You WIT Studio and everyone behind the Production.

9/10
One of the Best Anime Spring 2021 and possibly Anime of The Year...
davidyodo24Jul 12, 2021 5:58 AM
Jul 12, 2021 8:52 AM

Jul 2020
Overall, a very solid original anime. Loved the concept, sound track, and the art and animation by Wit Studio. A good watch imo.

I accept random friend requests!
Jul 14, 2021 8:12 AM
Sep 2019
Such a beautiful ending and anime as a whole. Glad I had the patience to endure waiting for the season to end so I could binge this is one go. 9/10 and easily favorite of the season for me.
Jul 15, 2021 12:49 AM
Jul 2021
A Beautiful ending for great show definitely 9/10, all the illogical thing is passable and nothing too major, bruh that last clap by Momoka hit harder than a truck, i was literally crying at that moment.
Jul 17, 2021 6:47 PM

Jul 2021
the ending is incredible 9/10 and I'm so sad WE DON'T DESERVE VIVY! more seriously one of the rare anime ending that is well done, and loved the nier automata vibes
Jul 18, 2021 10:58 AM

Dec 2012
That was very the most enjoyable thing I watched in a while...
10/10 enjoyment for me
Jul 20, 2021 4:09 AM

Nov 2019
While different structurally, this series gives off an atmosphere similar to Beatless.

It ends up far better than that series if for no other reason than having avoided the pitfall of shoehorning in an awkward romance. That it sticks to its guns from the first to last episode and ties everything together into a continuous whole... well, that's just a bonus.
Jul 20, 2021 8:28 PM

May 2019
Really well made story.

The bittersweet end was right toned. In episode 10 i was expecting a plot twist that would be interesting, even more centered in Vivy than it was, but i liked a lot the "Mankind was doomed the moment they made an AI to envolve Mankind"

Something odd is how Vivy spent like one month in Matsumoto's events (if we sum the minutes they are togheter, including the last 40 visits for some minutes each year), along 100 years, but her memories "that made her human" are only from this 1 month lol!

9/10 right there!

Jul 24, 2021 8:11 AM

Dec 2009
This was an alright anime. It feels more like an idol-fied knockoff of I, Robot or Terminator, plus it had as many if not more issues than either.

Vivy was a nice idea and a good attempt for an anime studio, but ultimately just reused ideas and oversimplified versions principles that are basically as old as science-fiction itself.

This show has many problems in terms of story, continuity, logic, science etc... But i can see how it can impress the layman who is not used to being involved with heavy sci-fi. People will try to convince themselves it's a flawless story just like they did with Steins;Gate, but it doesn't take a genius to pay close enough attention to discover that just like 99% of all time travel stories, plot holes and heavy contrivances are unavoidable the moment you allow altering of timelines, and writers also usually mess up continuity on multiple occasions - ready to blame it on wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.

At the end of the day, it was a nice little detour out of anime's usual territory and was decently put together so it's respectable, but it's still just a cobbled-together kit-bash rebrand of old tired ideas, along with the sale's pitch of "resourceful time-travelling idol robot girl and her trusty Portal core sidekick save the world from evil AI overlord!".
...not to mention it aired alongside much more creative and down-to-earth stories like 86.
GenesisAriaJul 24, 2021 8:25 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jul 30, 2021 11:18 AM

May 2015
I have fun. That is all that matters. 8/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 1, 2021 2:44 PM

Apr 2011
What a snoozefest. I should have dropped it after a couple of episodes.
Aug 4, 2021 4:59 AM
Mar 2012
Humans covering for Beth was a big surprise but did fit with Toak moderate's theme. Nice song finally got lyrics, but sad everything connected to Archive's shutdown including Vivy.
Like how Matsumoto scratches his head lol.
Generally bit bland designs comboed with very cool fights. Idol show with surprisingly nicer writing, plus singature timetravel & depression.
While most arcs were good, it unfortunate characters with tons of potential vanish so quick. Longer arcs or more characters with relations or growth would be better, like Kakitani or Dr. Matsumoto, tho it's harder for human characters in this 100year timeline.
Aug 5, 2021 11:22 PM

Aug 2019
Vivy Fluorite Eye's Song, is what i'd argue to be a modern masterpiece of its time. Intense action, a heartfelt story, great characters, detailed visuals, killer OSTs and more, this anime has given me more then enough reasons to give it a title of masterpiece in my eyes.

Story, pinnacle of the far-future sci-fi genre, with an amazing action packed, heart-breaking, and consistent story board that leaves you wanting more. FES shows a story of what it truly meant for a "an android to feel, think, be human", with an everchanging world, that i can't stress enough, was fantastically drawn out. Project Singularity was a great core plot point that helped draw more out the story. The episodic structure flowed together, and i felt no major plot holes.

Characters, i became attached to and loved them all. They all felt like they served a purpose in the show. Vivy herself, an amazingly written character. Watching her development, decision, thoughts, an Android trying to learn what it meant to "sing from the heart" felt like a journey you could only experience once. The constant self conflict she went through was interesting to watch. The clash of her missions, resulting in her immense change to when we first met her is mesmerising.
Character development was top notch, Matsumoto turned from single minded, to open hearted, Kakitani turned from simple extremist, to a man of dedication and passion. WIT nailed character development undoubtedly.

Visuals, certain scenes astonished me with the detail, characters had unique looks to them, backgrounds were colourful and the animation, fights were all fluent, the action scenes were breathtaking, moments of solace had me tearing up, FES's visuals is arguably all a work of art.

SFX, Music, singing, OST all jaw dropping. An already intense fight scene, or moment of reflection, had much more impact with the OST and its range of electro, brass, strings etc. OP and ED were catchy, "Sing My Pleasure" made it straight into my Spotify playlist.

Now some minor nit-picks, personally I was all down with the ending. The conclusion left me satisfied and I was astonished WIT managed to condense, what felt like a seemingly massive plot, into 13 episode making it flow all the way through. However, what was an unavoidable point that Vivy had to time travel to save everyone, i felt like lost some charm to the show. Personally the idea that the crew could simply upload previous data of their failures in that timeline, to a new one and not make the same errors, basically trial and error, didn't sit well with me. Next, Archives ideology why humanity had to end for it's own evolution, i felt like could of been cleared up more, felt hard to wrap my head around and i'm still not 100% sure i fully understand it's reasoning. Other then these personal points, i absolutely love this anime.

All in all 10/10, Vivy FES has it's positives and negatives, but arguably is my personal favourite anime of the year hands down. I'll most likely write my first actual review which will be much more in-depth on this anime as i loved my watch.

"My mission is to make everyone happy through my singing"-Vivy.
A job well done i'd say.
Code0018Aug 6, 2021 11:43 PM
Aug 8, 2021 3:17 PM

Nov 2013
I don't know how to feel about this...
First of all, why time-jump couldn't happen deeper in the past?
Did humans eliminate AI? I can't imagine how humans would not immediately destroy all the robots after they very nearly all annihilated!!!
Vivy is rebooted, but I have mixed feelings. I share my beliefs with her last song. Your soul is your memories. If you lose your memories, you are no longer you. You may have the same body, same voice, but if you don't remember things that SHAPED you as a person, you will NO LONGER be the same person. In other words, Vivy is dead.
Aug 14, 2021 6:32 PM

Dec 2013
Singing with all of your heart = singing alongside your memories is a nice interpretation.

Vivy's "death" hit me hard. Although I have mixed feelings about the amnesiac Vivy returning at the end.
Aug 15, 2021 6:06 AM

Feb 2018
So Vivy had her happy ending. Short hair Vivy looked noiice btw :P The ending was nice and for an og and short 13 ep anime it was pretty damn good!
Aug 16, 2021 10:45 AM

Aug 2014
I didn't enjoy it. I gave it a 2/10.
When it comes to Sci-Fi it has to make sense otherwise plotholes and deus ex machina will start appearing out of the writer's ass.

Also, someone didn't notice that Dr. Osamu ran a fucking Amazon HTML code for time travel? lmao.

The only thing it deserves praise for was mostly production quality and most definitely not the writing.
There're way too much faulty logic in this anime and inconsistencies are here and there as well.

Passage of time was undelivered properly, Characters were also undeveloped, Conclusion shows inconsistencies (AI just causes genocide, and no one going to question them or what to do to avoid the same events happening in the future?), Toak being a plot convenient tools to cause War between AI and Human, Matsumoto being an awful tryhard to be Wheatly yet all I heard was some dumb robots yelling exposition endlessly, The HumanxAI which also wasn't properly explored, AI "Does have emotions' based on Antonio and Ophelia story which is even more rubbish about mad AI trying his best to be a mentor because he didn't think twice before assimilating someone, an AI that ran a space hotel that could risk massive damage to earth when dropped without any Guard, and finally the final arc where the writer just slap watcher with "Human can't evolve but AI can therefore we destroy humanity" bullshit in a tower where once again, there's no HUMAN CONTROLLING OR MAINTAINING IT AT LEAST PARTIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR FAULTY ERROR HENCE IT MAKES SENSE THAT FUCKING AI WENT HAYWIRE BECAUSE HUMAN IN THIS WORLD PROBABLY TOO DUMB TO EVEN PULL THAT CONCLUSION AS A RISK FOR MANKIND.

Man... Ironically a Dick Hero has a better writing structure than this anime.
Maybe don't do Complex topics like Artificial Intelligence combined with asspull Time Travel Sci-Fi next time.
XaelathAug 16, 2021 11:02 AM
Aug 17, 2021 10:16 AM

Nov 2009
I thought this anime was good but there was a lot of problems and I think with more time they could have fleshed out what they needed to do instead of just going full Terminator popcorn flick which is how it ended up for me.

Maybe a 7 because I do believe it was good and barring the first 3 episodes I enjoyed it but there is a bunch of stuff I don't really know how to feel about within the climax.
Aug 17, 2021 6:53 PM

Aug 2019
Just finished binge watching the series.

Overall, I thought it was a good effort, without being spectacular (a little like 86). It had a really strong start and the premise peaked my interest, especially for musical genres which I typically don't bother with, but that interest started wavering a little through the Grace episodes, and especially through the Ophelia ones before picking back up again with the Singularity event at the end of Episode 10.

The ending was predictable but satisfying, but at least it wasn't a complete mess like Wonder Egg Priority.

The animation from WiT was great, as per usual. I really love the shots where their make-up team go back over some of the art to really gloss up some of the shots of Vivy. They did this superbly in Attack on Titan (Season 2) with the likes of Historia, and really adds to the overall level of detail in the character design.

Episodes 01 - 05 = 9/10
Episodes 06 - 07 = 7/10
Episodes 08 - 09 = 6/10
Episodes 10 - 13 = 8/10

I gave it a 7/10.

xenosysAug 17, 2021 7:07 PM
Aug 19, 2021 1:33 PM

Feb 2020
overall engaging anime. Production quality and music was excellent. Though not really as good as re zero. first few arc were good but towards the ending it was had a downfall. I especially didn't like the AI couple arc. last arc was also quite bit convoluted (if they are going to time travel why not travel to before the killing started). lot of character reasoning doesn't make sense especially archive reasoning was a total miss for me (even ultron is better at explaining his reason). Ending was decent, though i don't get how they survived or even fathom humanity still has not dismantled robots after that mess.
despite all this i still enjoyable it. It kind of reminds me of akuma drive (which is also similar case of source creator involved in new anime original)
AdampkAug 19, 2021 1:37 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Aug 22, 2021 4:37 AM
May 2012
6/10

Art is so good that makes people believe writing is good too.

But this anime is joking with humans' minds with cliche, DRAMA, and plot holes.

After the first 8 episodes, this anime went downhill. Ignorable small mistakes became bigger and critical ones. And seeing fans desperate explanations on the matters with conspiracy theories made me sad.

Let's start with the factory arc.

Now continue with Ophelia's arc.

Kakitani Yuugo

Archive

Ending

8,52 is too high for this anime. 8,52 means a legendry show but this is far from it. The songs were mediocre in my opinion. With art only, they achieve to delude people to think this was a good anime and I respect that.

Thank you for listening to my ranting. I might forget some story points but I think I touch the big ones.

Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2021

202 by Excit »»
May 13, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

256 by Nextella »»
Apr 24, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

235 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

294 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.