Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2021 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, they actually gave Garbagemon more of a personality.

Episode was kinda boring though imo. There were a variety of Digimon but none of them really took me by interest. Hopefully next episode improves.
Jun 5, 2021 7:55 PM

Jul 2017
OF COURSE, everything after Millenniummon's grand battle is just back to nothingness.

Going back to Garbagemon and Wisemon to seek the mystery of the crests can be the only one thing of affiliation and connection now of the final 16 episodes stretch of this "Great Catastrophe".

For reference, Burpmon is an incredibly rare sight to see in Digimon as a virtual pet, but for them to bring it back here against the DigiDestined Megas, this...felt meaningless eh. Just forcing a fight just because it needs to be there.

This episode would've presumably been in the beginning cards for the OG when the DigiDestined was just starting out their journey, but why the time tonal shift now in this reboot is beyond me. Well, I'd guess that there's no going back for this badly irreparable reboot.
Jun 5, 2021 8:12 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty good episode overall, curious what the focus of the catastrophe will be. Lucemon?
Jun 5, 2021 8:23 PM

Jul 2013
After Spirit Bomb comes Kirby. If we don't get a Charizard by the end of the show, I'm done with Digimon forever.
Jun 5, 2021 8:24 PM
Aug 2017
that was an okayish episode but this stuff with the crests and presumably hopefully some characterization, character development and backstories to make us actually care for this carboard cutout s should not have taken 50 episodes, at this stage it will certainly be way too little way too late.
Jun 5, 2021 10:27 PM
Sep 2015
It seems like everyone is just fighint for fun. Who can really fight seriously against Burpmon? LOL

Anyway, it'd be nice if they comeback to real world and battle in real world for a bit.
Jun 5, 2021 11:59 PM

Oct 2017
This was an alright one episode side story.
Jun 6, 2021 12:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Burpmon... seriously what was this very ridiculous digimon xD
It feels really dragged to be honest, they should have ended the anime after the previous episode, I don't know why they continue for 15 more
Jun 6, 2021 12:30 AM

Jun 2010
I would rank this an ok episode if not for the fact that it came right after Millenniumon battle. I know they are children but the fact they never question the existence of the crests, nor they never got serious injured in battle is just beyond ignorance.

I feel so bad for my boy ZeedMillenniummon. His notoriety is forgotten right after his defeat, with no long lasting effects. The kids go their separate ways again, I should have seen this coming.

Next episode is about my girl Sora. Considering what they done to Goddramon and Holydramon, my expectation for a flashy mega sequence to all the other kids has plummeted immensely. Let's just hope they will give my girl justice and some memorable moments.
Jun 6, 2021 12:39 AM

Jan 2009
that Burpmon which eats all data was fucking strong eh lol imagine hundreds or thousands of that digimon fighting against them

and lol at Wisemon catchphrase of all knowledge gives it joy

lets see this Great Catastrophe

next episode Sora and her Garudamon is about to do Mega Evolution
Jun 6, 2021 6:25 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
This whole new arc could have been miles better if it had come BEFORE all the Millenniumon ordeal. In fact, I've been thinking about how other episodes also feel out of order in terms of the general structure of the show, like how the reveal of WarGreymon was too early and the such.

That's what's more dissappointing in my eyes, the fact that there was potential for a good show and it got ruined by, among other factors, its terrible pacing. If I were to re-do this series, one of the first things I would fix first would be this.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 6, 2021 7:19 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
well FINALLY were getting another Megaevolution lol

oh.. i didn't know Jigglypuff was also a digimon and could use his final smash
Jun 6, 2021 8:00 AM

Dec 2013
So from next episode we should finally see everyone's next evolution.
Jun 6, 2021 8:03 AM

Apr 2020
The narration after the opening made me laugh.

"The digidestined and their digimon finally defeated Millenniummon". Digidestined = Taichi.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 6, 2021 2:14 PM
Nov 2013
Does anyone recognize the shadowed digimon sending the soundbirdmon?
Jun 6, 2021 2:17 PM

Feb 2017
Hello Emblems priority for the first time & Kirby (Jigglypuff) too.
The sidestory episode is ok, hopefull Piximon will not show please.
One episode for each Mega that is 7 episodes, we have left 09 fillers episodes.

New ending coming or the 3th one is the last?.
Jun 6, 2021 2:53 PM

Jun 2017
That was one very fast and budget buu saga. lol

Seems like we are getting the missing megas after all.
Jun 6, 2021 4:47 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 51 and its good.. as they finally finished with their very long mission, they have been contacted by an old friend.. for a revelation of an incoming catastrophe?! Which then made all of them set for another adventure, so that they can prevent the prophecy from happening.. honestly, the answer to how to defeat the enemy digimon was totally unexpected, tho makes perfect sense.. if the enemy eats or takes everything, then the only answer is to overload them with everything.. and as ignorance is bliss, its perfectly normal for any intellectual to seek out all the knowledge and wisdom they need in life, for all the reasons they also will need it for.. anyways, i rate the episode a 4 of 5, 4 for story and 4 for art.. :)
Jun 7, 2021 10:02 AM
Feb 2020
Well, it seems we're going to see everyone get Megas
This is so boring I've memorized the opening
Jun 7, 2021 5:23 PM

May 2012
I think the final arc will gonna involve everyone else getting an Ultimate level evolution and then joining the existing ones for a grand final battle. Predictable formula but hope it's good. Though the overall story arc structure isn't that well-structured. Who can be more powerful than Millenniummon? Original anime finished with Vamdemon as the final boss if I remember correctly, so maybe he's next.

Jun 10, 2021 11:02 AM
Jun 2019
chaosflame5 said:
I think the final arc will gonna involve everyone else getting an Ultimate level evolution and then joining the existing ones for a grand final battle. Predictable formula but hope it's good. Though the overall story arc structure isn't that well-structured. Who can be more powerful than Millenniummon? Original anime finished with Vamdemon as the final boss if I remember correctly, so maybe he's next.

The original ended with something else actually (spoiler if you have not seen so i will not say). There is one more arc after the vamdemon arc.
Jun 10, 2021 11:04 AM
Jun 2019
I like the exposition in this episode, however the fight felt really forced. Burpmon was quite cute though but I think I have grown tired of how a fight is forced in every single episode. There isn't really much room for them to expand on the story, characters, or anything else because of this limitation they have given themselves. I also think it's quite ridiculous that they have figured there ought to be a bigger and stronger baddie than Milleniummon. It doesn't really make any sense. Then again, it also seems like ZeedMilleniummon was powered down significantly for this show. Oh well.
Jun 13, 2021 11:52 AM

Jul 2008
Okay so NOW everyone is getting their megas right? Only after the second biggest bad that we have been talking about from the first episode is defeated right?
Jun 28, 2021 9:12 AM
Oct 2019
They wait until Episode 51 to explained the symbol, okay sure.

Great Catastrophe? More threat than Milleniummon? No worries, relax.
We have Taichi and Agumon, the most Unbeatable and Overpowered Character.

Another no Personality villain of the week. Now it's literally Kirby.
And of course the one who finished it are MetalGreymon, who would expected someone else. lol
Sep 2, 2021 9:23 AM

Jan 2021
We get some answers on the crests at last. Looks like everyone's finally gonna get their megas now. Very long overdue.

Obligatory monster of the week.

And of course Taichi's compass is the only one without a real direction. Wonder what other evolution's in store for Agumon in the next episodes.

New plot with an even bigger baddie. Lets see where this all goes.
Feb 14, 2022 7:06 AM

Feb 2020
Burpmon. It's shame it didn't burp like Barney Gumble.

Apr 26, 2022 7:38 AM

Jul 2013
Second Dragon Ball reference in a row.

I'm excited for the upcoming Mega Digimon.
Oct 1, 2022 3:15 PM

Feb 2015
I'm glad the crests were finally adressed, but this has to be one of the most laughable episodes yet (and not in a good way).
Burpmon? Seriously? The design is so bland and the fight was once again extemely unnecassary ._.
Sora focused episode next - let's hope they'll do Hououmon justice (they won't, but a boy can dream ^^').
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Sep 4, 2023 12:49 PM

Nov 2012
time to pretend the crests mean something again.
we get kirbymon burpmon
I agree with comments I saw before, these last eps are just gonna exist to shoehorn in the remaining megas (the rest of digidestined have been totally sidelined and hardly featured at all, Tai has basically won everything) and then also the new omnimon and maybe metalgururumon forms or whatever....maybe they will throw in a few more curveballs like Goldramon.

But it is at least clear that this last arc/saga isn't gonna redeem this trainwreck of a reboot.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

20 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

24 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

26 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 55 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

34 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

23 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.