Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 29, 2021 11:03 AM
Nov 2019
I remember the reveal of the multiple quirks being quite controversial when the manga came out, so I was curious to see how anime-onlys would react to it. From what I've seen hear it doesn't seem to be anywhere near as controversial.
May 29, 2021 11:31 AM

Apr 2015
Ok episode, not as good as the previous one but better than most of the ones before it at least. I got spoiled on the multi-quirk already so I'm not surprised (fuck you manga readers), but I didn't expect it to come during the middle of this match. I have mixed feelings about this twist, but I heard the developments for it down the road are great so I'll just hold back from saying anything negative about it for now. Hopefully next episode is the last one for this arc, I'm looking forward to seeing the villain arc so many readers have been talking about.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
May 29, 2021 11:42 AM

May 2017
so midoriya is basically the avatar? able to master multiple quirks? lol.
May 29, 2021 12:08 PM
Aug 2018
I don't know why people always have to hate on mha but this episode was fire. I like the flash backs because it gives us character development. It helps to understand characters motives and why being a hero is so important. Of course Uraraka's motive isn't only money and knowing what it truly made me like her character more. I thought the whole episode was intense and I enjoyed it.
May 29, 2021 12:08 PM

Jul 2019
The One For All realm straight up gave me Avatar vibes, lol. Such a shame, if only the narrative was more coherent in this season.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 29, 2021 12:11 PM

Jul 2019
George_boi said:
I don't know why people always have to hate on mha but this episode was fire. I like the flash backs because it gives us character development. It helps to understand characters motives and why being a hero is so important. Of course Uraraka's motive isn't only money and knowing what it truly made me like her character more. I thought the whole episode was intense and I enjoyed it.

One decent episode doesn't determine the overall quality of a show.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 29, 2021 12:21 PM

Mar 2021
The episode was good despite the flashback. The moment with Uraraka made it so much better tbh, cant wait for more character development.
May 29, 2021 12:38 PM

Feb 2018
I kinda knew this new quirk thing since I got myself spoiled months ago because of my unstoppable curiosity but it was really nice to see, it feels like there is going to be a new era for Deku.

He still didn't reached the %100 of the one for all and he got lots of new quirks to work on. Damn Deku, gotta work harder than anybody. While people trying to improve one my boy Deku going to study all 6 of them :D

If you think about it he is kinda turning into AFO but since just OFA was enough to go toe to toe with AFO , with this new powers if he can master all of them and OFA he will probably be the best hero of all time.

Deku always said "This is the story of how I become the number one hero." so he is going to master all of them and whatever power comes next as we can predict.
May 29, 2021 12:43 PM

Jun 2019
Finally, some progression. It was nice finally seeing one of Midoriya’s new quirks and learning some more about one of the previous One For All users. This battle seems kinda underwhelming so far, but hopefully Midoriya and Shinsou can make up for it.
May 29, 2021 12:47 PM

Oct 2015
A genuinely enjoyable episode. Now this exercise can finally end next week.
May 29, 2021 12:53 PM

Jan 2009
ye thats how Deku becomes the greatest hero of all time since he got multiple quirks

love the Deku X Ochako moment too
May 29, 2021 1:14 PM

Feb 2021
Dam I liked this episode. Im gonna read the rest of the match in the manga
May 29, 2021 1:15 PM
Jun 2020
Finally, some fuck*ng food!
May 29, 2021 1:25 PM

Mar 2017
The 'time has come' and OFA is awakening with the predecessors now able to fully manifest and communicate with Deku. The big question is: Why's it awakening? Something has been in motion for a very long time, something that not even the previous users of OFA were aware of and now Deku is right at the center of it.

May 29, 2021 1:48 PM
Mar 2015
He can now access the quirks of the other members of one for all
May 29, 2021 2:17 PM

Jun 2014
Someone already mentioned it but I remember the fandom making a big ass deal about this development when it first happened in the manga, but it seems like it isn't as controversial now based off what I'm seeing in this thread. Either way, it's nice to finally see Blackwhip make its anime debut as we get the first glimpse of Deku using one of the previous users' Quirks. Now we can get on to the actual match and finish up this arc next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 29, 2021 2:38 PM
May 2020
Looks like OFA is more similar to AFO than we thought, these are really OP quirks, I wonder what happens if Monoma copies them.

Talking about Monoma, I like him more now, he's not only just the guy that hates class A anymore.
May 29, 2021 3:01 PM
Nov 2019
FINALLY smth good in this fucking shounen unfortunately tho they always gotta ruin moments by including bitches like uraraka etc.. but this episode kinda made my day it made me blush next episode he's gonna use the whips let's hope it gets good tho i don't have my hopes up its a shounen and it is indeed boku no hero.
May 29, 2021 3:17 PM
Apr 2018
After the tail end of Season 3 being meh, Season 4 being comprised entirely of mediocrity and Season 5 starting off limping, it seems MHA is FINALLY starting to find its footing again and its wonderful to see because I was honestly losing faith it ever would again. But my GOD was it a slog to get here. A major slog. But its nice actually being excited for a future episode of this show again...
May 29, 2021 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
These last two episodes have been massive improvements compared to the doldrums of the rest of the season. This new revelation about one for all is really interesting. Too many flashbacks though.
We're starting to set up for MVA arc.. honestly I'm a little excited.
May 29, 2021 4:31 PM

Sep 2011
And now we finally get to the part where I fell off of the manga. Now I get a nice, clean, untainted experience of MHA's Shonen Downward Spiral.
May 29, 2021 4:35 PM

Jan 2020
Midoriya went from 0 Quirks to like 13 real quick.

His main character status is finally kicking in after 5 seasons.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 29, 2021 5:01 PM
Oct 2020
This arc has been pretty boring but the last three episodes have been GOOD. Midoriya's one for all quirk has been bugging and we finally see what the foreshadowing has been hinting at. Ochako is really pulling a Hinata... Never wants to interact with him normally but she's there when the MC's powers start going haywire in a state where where they could literally kill everyone. My biggest criticism for this ep would have to be why the previous OFA user HAS to exposit the fact that Deku is: getting a new quirk and 6 or 7 other new ones with a multiplier (OFA induced) when they could have kept that a mystery for much longer. It's my same criticism about the show saying that Deku indeed DOES become the #1 hero at the beginning of the story when that's completely unnecessary and takes the tension out of a lot of future events. Overall MHA is awake again so lets see what's gonna go down.
May 29, 2021 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
I'm finally getting fired up by the anime, even though it took almost half of the season already to do that, I don't regret anything. The fact that Deku will use all of the other heros skills makes him incredibly strong. He was kinda cool this episode so I'm happy that his weak/crybaby side finally washes itself away and he becomes a man with one thought in his mind, "I will protect the people close to me".

Very nice, I'm curious of what he's gonna do with his new quirk.
May 29, 2021 5:20 PM

Jul 2013
So One For All not only transfer physical strength, but also the quirk of the previous users which also get enhanced along with the physical strength. Totally not overpowered /s

If the previous matches were as short as the Bakugou one and this was ep3 or 4, I think the reception for this season would be much more positive.
May 29, 2021 5:37 PM

Jan 2020
So deku has multiple quirks now? I'm not sure how to feel about this but it's understandable ig. That black whip looks super strong and hopefully the match will conclude next episode

May 29, 2021 6:37 PM
Jul 2020
Off-topic and I posted this in another thread but does Todoroki have any cool fights coming up from the manga? Felt a little underwhelmed with his last one and was wanting more.
May 29, 2021 7:12 PM

Jun 2015
It begins, this is where things get a lot more interesting in MHA
May 29, 2021 7:16 PM

Jul 2016
Six more quirks to boot? Damn. And to think Deku started this whole journey being a quirk-less wimp.

Quite interesting episode. Deku lost control of OFA but fortunately, the interventions of both Shinsou and Uraraka managed to make him go back to his senses. In this regard, I particularly liked how nicely Deku's confusion and desperation were portrayed. The Deku x Uraraka bits were also pretty sweet.
May 29, 2021 7:44 PM

Jan 2020
Already saw this coming since I spoiled myself a while ago but overall it was a good episode. The animation is doing a lot better too.
3099May 29, 2021 7:59 PM
May 29, 2021 8:05 PM
Jun 2020
Wooo Uraraka and Shinso!! Wish the two teaming up lasted a little longer than 10 seconds, but it was still nice nonetheless
May 29, 2021 8:05 PM
Nov 2017
This episode took all of my expectations from the manga and exceeded them and more. I one of the few people who really enjoyed this arc both in the manga and the anime. So I'm really happy that this pivotal moment was given justice.

The Uraraka and Shinso moments were awesome too and managed to capture what they felt and thought at the moment really well.

The Monoma moments were actually good and had me care a bit about him. His dynamic with Shinso is really interesting too.
May 29, 2021 8:07 PM
Jun 2020
Shad0w24 said:
Wooo Uraraka and Shinso!! Wish the two teaming up lasted a little longer than 10 seconds, but it was still nice nonetheless

Also cant wait to see what the emo looking OFA guy's quirk is going to be, mainly because I just find him cute lol
May 29, 2021 8:08 PM

Nov 2014
great episode i really enjoyed the focus on Shinso and Monoma. But plot wise this is when mha starts derailing even further. When izuku is no longer an underdog but rather is miles ahead of everyone else with 6 more quirks under his belt... the story is no longer interesting with him as the protagonist.
May 29, 2021 8:53 PM

Jan 2011
today we were all finally eating , the struggle of this season is nearly over
May 29, 2021 9:06 PM

Nov 2020
Damm this was a good ep. It’s been a while since I enjoyed a Mha ep this much. I hope it continues to be as good as this episode but I think that’s not really possible
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
May 29, 2021 9:07 PM

Oct 2019
So, at last, after a slow, flat and mediocre first season half this surprising development made things super interesting again. So Deku has potential access to no less than seven quirks (apart from the power of One for All itself) which are going to manifest one by one. Seven supercharged from One for All quirks (one of which appears to be fire based, like Endeavor's) that, if he can master, he can way surpass All Might and all the previous One for All hosts. He will be a jack of all trades and master of all trades.

But if he cannot master them they could destroy him and the people around him (that's not going to happen, of course; since Kouhei Horikoshi made the unfortunate decision from the very start to have Izuku Midoriya double as the narrator of the story from a future when he is already the No1 Hero we know that he is "forever safe and successful" no matter what happens..).

It is interesting that even All Might -who was also quirkless and thus has no quirk to bequeath- has no clue about what happened, which is natural since during his active period of hosting One for All no extra quirk manifested. Deku has both the honor and the responsibility to greatly expand the potential of One for All, both for himself and his successors. For the first time in quite a long time with this show I am super eager to watch the next episode to see what happens. It appears that Deku, after some hesitance, will try to use that whip-like quirk! Will he able to control it?
May 29, 2021 9:18 PM

Oct 2009
Ok, so... Deku, the hero of the story, who had no quirk, got a quirk so he could go on to become a Hero. And now, even though he's still training and learning how to use that one quirk - he's basically getting more quirks, which isn't even a thing iirc, apart from - the actual villain of the story, All For One? If that isn't the most banal predictable plot twist of all plot twists, idk what else could be. Anyone genuinely surprised by this must be brand new to the genre. Oh, and with shoehorned shipping, because why not, of course.
Sigh.
May 29, 2021 9:20 PM
Nov 2020
Ofcool2947 said:
Krugerman said:
Episode 9 was amazing but this ep was unsatisfying af, there was too many flashbacks, pacing was slow af, animation was a downgrade compared to last ep and now I have to wait for next week for the actual fight.

Me when i’m trying to get attention

lol if expressing my opinion is trying to get attention then so be it
May 29, 2021 9:28 PM
May 2021
hope the fight scene next episode is better .. loved the flashback stuff DEKU had going on but i want to see someone beat the shit out of monona so bad
May 29, 2021 9:57 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty nice episode, the only thing that saddens me is that we have to wait another week for this fight to end.
So basically Midoriya will get ridiculously OP, we saw what one of the powers could do, oh boy!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 29, 2021 11:01 PM

Sep 2020
probably the best episode so far. I didn't understand why uraraka had a flashback though lol.
May 29, 2021 11:13 PM
Jul 2018
Deku became an Isekai cheat MC 😂😂😂😂 No Wonder people hate it. He got the power just like that. 🤣🤣🤣 Dropping it
May 29, 2021 11:58 PM
Dec 2019
I like this season so far, but I wish Bones would speed it up a bit and just get this arc over with. It's easily the worst the series has. Only one more episode of it luckily
May 30, 2021 12:49 AM
Sep 2019
LES GO! BLACK WHIP TIME, SHRECK THEM!!
May 30, 2021 2:07 AM
Jun 2020
Wooooh what an episode!

I mean there wasn't as much sakuga as, let's say episodes 4, 5 and 8, but the animation was still pretty good.

Solid OST, and the plot is moving forward beautifully!

5/5
Jun 2020
Wooooh what an episode!

I mean there wasn't as much sakuga as, let's say episodes 4, 5 and 8, but the animation was still pretty good.

5/5
Jun 2020
Wooooh what an episode!

5/5
Jun 2020
Wooooh what an episode!

5/5
May 30, 2021 7:27 AM

Sep 2010
Not gonna lie, haven't really been feeling this whole A Class vs B Class arc, but this episode was pretty good. Love learning more about the vestiges and One for All. I wonder what other quirks Deku is going to get. Gonna make him crazy powerful once he can use them all.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.