Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That battle looked like a climax fight lol

Tons of action with almost everyone relevant involved. By the end of the day, the dust is settled but their world is still far from conflict free. The confidence on Shuu's face though...very curious what he'll do next.
May 28, 2021 8:41 AM

Nov 2007
IN Song: "Shinnen wo Shimesu Mono Tachi yo (信念を示す者たちよ)" by Noa (乃藍)
According to official site, it will have violin ver. and instrumental ver. too.
https://twitter.com/backarrow_info/status/1398301596321161227
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 28, 2021 9:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The fight was really tense, especially with Zetsu's sacrifice, RIP :/
And the fight against Back Arrow isn't finished, now it's Kai vs Arrow but WTF was that mecha version of Shuu at the end, it looks powerful
May 28, 2021 9:59 AM

Feb 2019
Shuu!!! Lets goooo I knew there was no way he’d stay gone. I’m looking forward to hearing how he survived tho. RIP Zetsu, your sacrifice won’t be in vain
May 28, 2021 10:19 AM

Jul 2017
The mecha battle intensifies with Shu Bi's final words to Bit, and I've gotta say that his modified Bind Warper-cum-Briheight for Bit looks ass cool.

The conundrum of Back Arrow-Zetsu Daidan, Lutoh and Rekka forces fighting back against the "God of the World" Rudolph. And what's up with the giant mecha combos this week, SSSS.Dynazenon's one was a splendid one, and so does this show with a combi of Granedger and Dairekka under Bit to become a massive Granrekka Dreadnought of the skies.

Rudolph Conductore and Dissonanza is truly an enemy team worth fearing for the end of the world, and Zetsu met his end...not without a backup plan to extermnate Rudolph at the same time. WHAT AN EMPEROR worth following, your Conviction efforts will not be in vain, and truly the King of Kings.

LOLS the Pretty Boys make a cameo comeback one more time, with the news that Back Arrow is tuned back to his old fated self. The promise of Kai to defeat Arrow ensues, and the return of Shu Bi...in a mecha form...?

Animation isn't Trigger done, but man did Studio VOLN went all out to imitate the Trigger feel.

Getting closer to the end that always delivers.
May 28, 2021 10:30 AM
Sep 2015
OMG such a twist and such a cliffhanger! I only have one recommend about the music should be more epic, hate to say this but Studio Trigger already give a guideline. Though this episode make a statement that "I'm not Trigger!"
May 28, 2021 10:39 AM
Dec 2010
THIS SHOW GETS CRAZIER WITH EVERY EPISODE!!!!!

Zetsu/Rudolph fight was epic and im glad that Dizonanza didnt die so easily

Grandedger/Granrekka part was incredible

But that ending I mean WHAT THE HECK!!!

May 28, 2021 12:10 PM

Jul 2011
This episode made me think, if this may be not the final battle. I have my doubts if Maestrog really got destroyed , and will appear again to make the trio dreadnought combination.
May 28, 2021 12:53 PM

Jan 2009
damn what an episode lol

so Bits conviction is relying on others so thats why he can combine or gattai battleships

and the Clown Woman is still alive

the moment i saw Zetsu explaining that Conviction is all about Willpower i know that is a major death flag already

RIP Zetsu at least you remove that long chain of bind warpers inside Rudolph so he is now weaker

Shu is just a conviction projection now huh like a giant ghost lol

May 28, 2021 12:56 PM
Aug 2018
Nice, we got a gattai between Granedger and Dairekka, there’s no way Maestrog is getting left out now, if it’s damaged then maybe Fine could restore it with her powers. Some good action in this episode, Bit kicking ass and the Zetsu vs Rudolf fight, that Martial (Back) Arrow finisher was great. Really liked the insert song as well, I figured either OP1, OP2 or both would be used at some point in the last episodes (still do) like Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill, but a completely new song was a nice surprise.

I'm guessing the Martial Arrow technique may return in the final battle, the naming motif fits with the titular character. With Zetsu’s dying breath, he gave words of inspiration to the people of Lingalind and apparently the reason God wanted to destroy Lingalind was because of him, so using that technique during the hypothetical final battle with God would be fitting. It also seems like It could be the Back Arrow equivalent to Gurren Lagann’s Giga Drill Break, even Zetsu’s death was similar to that part of Gurren Lagann episode 8, the fact that Zetsu died while defeating an enemy and gave his ally some advice beforehand, seemingly knowing he was about to die. Kai did say something about him carrying on Zetsu’s will and somehow managed to incorporate Zetsu’s conviction into his own, which already let him use one of his techniques.

Wonder if Bruh will have a hand in helping Arrow with his current situation, it could mirror episode 6 where Arrow helped him see his seemingly negative conviction in a more positive light, prophecies in media aren’t opposed to having roundabout interpretations. Maybe Arrow destroying the world could mean something like him killing God and ending the constant state of warfare that God has trapped Lingalind in. Also, it doesn’t seem like Arrow has reached self realization, since Rudolf just told him his supposed purpose and Arrow just went along with it, he doesn’t even have his old memories back assuming he had any to begin with. The next episode preview seems to point to Arrow finally finding a purpose for himself next week.
May 28, 2021 1:42 PM

Nov 2020
I've said it before and i'll definitely say it again. I genuinely feel terrible for the people who dropped this show. The fight scenes are awesome, the characters are really likeable, and i believe that a lot of work and love was put into this show, regardless of people saying this show was made on a "dinky budget".
May 28, 2021 1:44 PM
Jan 2014
Good god Bitt, he went completely berserk and I loved it. Also, Zetsu Daidan, truly a warrior among warriors, the guy's conviction was literally strong enough to rival God, hence why it was afraid and wanted him gone.

And Shu's finally back, to be honest, I never really expected him to be dead, the guy literally said "what a stupid mistake" before vanishing, and if there's one thing Shu isn't, it's stupid.

I'm really glad I pulled through with this show, not that I didn't like it, but it was just kinda there for me every week. Well, until episode 18, every since then it's been a great rollercoaster of a show to watch, thoroughly enjoyed it
May 28, 2021 3:23 PM

Jul 2019
Wow shu is actually alive, who would a thought uh, what a twist! In all seriousness, besides that, i really cant see any more problems with the episode, it was just pretty good overall. The animation is probably the best the show has had in a while, it actually had some good direction, which is something i always do not expect with this show, and the fight was just really cool. Zetsu is a great character, and although, like shu, i doubt he is actually dead, he very much had a way more powerful "death" or emotional scene than shu´s one. The thing i probably liked the most was probably Bit´s line where he said "Don´t underestimate how much Bit the Great can rely on others", its funny and its just character development in general, good job show.
May 28, 2021 5:48 PM

Feb 2012
Granedger and Dairekka GATTAI!!!!! Every week is crazier and crazier. This really has TTGl's spirit.

Back Arrow became an arrow!

I can't stop laughing everytime I here "Bishōen Kyōwakoku" , oh and President Bruh

Shu Bi is now Chinese Lelouch Kaiju
Fortress_MaximusMay 28, 2021 5:54 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 28, 2021 5:54 PM

Feb 2019
Oh man I'm totally shocked by Shu not actually being dead. Who could have possibly seen that coming? And now he's giant. So, the writing is certainly staying on its course. Anyway, another fairly weak episode that felt like it was written by marketing more than anything. But that's what we get when we try to highlight Bit of all terrible characters. The first half is basically just the two sides going "I laser everything" and "I heal everything." Then the CM break hits and instead we get a few minutes of Bit screaming and blatant toy commercials set to a particularly bizarre operatic insert song.

At this point the writers get tired of Rudolf and so he abruptly loses his invincibility because Zetsu swung his Arrow-Sword slightly harder and the entire cast fanboys out over Zetsu one last time for his suicide attack to definitely not actually beat Rudolf. Ridiculously fanboys out. I say point, but the time between Rudolf de-stabbing himself that is the start of Zetsu's death scene to the end took almost five minutes. That's a long time to be monologuing with swords/arms stuck in each other, but I guess we had to jump to every goddamned person in the cast cheering and/or crying to milk every little thing. I still have no idea why we're celebrating an imperialistic genocidal slaver war monger. For honor? For honor!
May 28, 2021 6:19 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode again!

First half was a bit boring. But second half was magnificent. I really loved it!

Yeah, I said before but I must repeat it that this anime surprised me every episode. This episode is so too. I think this is the most interesting part of anime. It draw me in.

I'm waiting impatiently the next episode. I am sure that next episode will be great as well.
May 28, 2021 8:50 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Bit like a crazy dude now, standing up as the top important character. His conviction made sense with all of those combination, even with the Dairekka. Welp, i still dislike his scream, destroying my drum ears completely xd. Fine lovsolute scream also cringe to listened, ngl. I can't stop smiling with a lot of sarcasm when she screamed that healing power. Gladly its just hold off for a while. Another wtf moment when the clown made an appearance again with her wtf conviction. She literally immortal until the world dies, wtf. Guess her role just to save Rudolph ass to prevent the story to stop in one sec, unfortunately.

Rip badass Zetsu. Your little contribution really appreciated. I really can't believe the expected plot with him dying, and taken down Rudolph. Someone pointing out that ed part really feels weird in those part. But, well, Kai learned his Zetsu moves and used that black particles actually a surprise thing too. So, yeah, fair enough point of the twist, i guess.

Shu come back? Meh feeling from me. I can see it far from a miles ago. The question is, why he did that? Lets see next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 29, 2021 2:02 AM

Oct 2008
why Shuu so big? = answer: Dues eX MACHINA!!!
5/5.

May 29, 2021 6:35 AM

Oct 2016
Holy fucking shit!

Bit really went fucking off this episode, that conviction is based. I said I wanted Granedger and Dairekka to combine last episode and they fucking did, let's fucking go. Where's Lutoh's dreadnought when you need it, I am sure Rudolph's not dead yet, make everything combine let's fucking go. This episode was awesome.

RIP Zetsu Daidan, you were a fucking legend, truly the king of all kings. But Kai has carried on his will, Kai really made hakai balls. I had a feeling Shu would be back but I would have never expected Big Shu lmao, holy shit. Shu probably discovered even more shit wherever he went after getting destroyed. Really looking forward to the next episode!
May 29, 2021 8:52 AM

Oct 2017
Ofc Shu comes back lol but why's he so big?
May 29, 2021 9:10 AM
Aug 2018
1. epic battle
2. sad rip moment
3. unexpected Shu's scene

really a good mecha genre for today's animation
May 31, 2021 9:48 PM
Mar 2014
I don't know why people are giving such low scores for this anime.
Yes it started cheezy, but as the story progressed things kept turning out more and more interesting.

and this last episode (21) simply top the cake, all these awesome things in one episode.

All previous episodes were good, but wow this episode with the sudden appearance of Shu in mecha size form was simply unexpected after he supposedly died a few episodes back.
Jun 1, 2021 1:46 AM
Oct 2020
i have a feeling that shu is the 'god'. thats the only way this can make sense right?
Jun 2, 2021 1:43 PM

Jan 2021
I know this is Mecha but I didn’t expect Transformers
Jun 15, 2021 6:14 PM
Mar 2012
Bit became amazing, what battleship mech, instantly tops it with battleship combine.
Rip Zetsu, a gar geezer all the way.
Lol black holes, and giant Shu returns wth!?
Jun 18, 2021 3:06 AM

Aug 2015
Bit got his time to shine!

Shu's back, yes!
I knew he couldn't just die like that!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Aug 1, 2021 6:13 AM

Jul 2015
Feeling the spirit of TTGL here with all the giant robots (dreadnoughts) combining.
Rip Zetsu, dying the way he lived: Epicly

Dec 10, 2021 10:28 PM

Mar 2013
That was a great episode. The animation is really worth watching.
Bit is extraordinary in this episode as he combined with the other Dreadnaught.
The characters were fazed by Bit's reckless but powerful actions. Even Zetsu.

Zetsu did all he could but it was still not enough to defeat Rudolph and his Joker completely.
I'm pretty certain I ain't watching another G*nd*m series here.
Back Arrow seems hopeless after that battle, what will he do now?

Kai and Ren combined, I wasn't happy about that.
Shuu getting back as a giant? lol I'm glad.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Back Arrow Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2021

54 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Apr 19, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Back Arrow Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2021

38 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 2, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Back Arrow Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

36 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 2, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Back Arrow Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2021

29 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 2, 7:38 AM

Poll: » Back Arrow Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2021

40 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 2, 1:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.