Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 15, 2021 4:06 PM
Jan 2020
Isidoro4567 said:
Oongbuh said:

I can't tell wether you're joking or you're blind. Either way, dumb ass comment.
at This point people just want to hate Boku no hero because it's trendy,This isn't terrible Animation on any place of the world he is just a hater ignore him

Lol there’s so many haters here, why watch if you don’t like it?
EthereaL015 said:
Both Lida and Todoroki were great man, those shots were fireee!

Who’s Lida?
May 15, 2021 4:12 PM

Dec 2016
So it's a Draw this time. The battles are too balanced but I look forward for the last 2 battles :) Both Shoto and Iida did amazing showing their new improvements! Also Class B did level a lot as well! :D

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 15, 2021 4:29 PM
Aug 2017
Svprem3 said:
This was a sick episode. Animation was fire.

Off topic but does Todoroki have any sick fight scenes coming up from the Manga? I wanted more and the fight ended too soon. :\

I'm also asking~ I need to know if my best boy is going to get his screen time
May 15, 2021 5:43 PM
Jan 2020
PeaceofCake24 said:
Svprem3 said:
This was a sick episode. Animation was fire.

Off topic but does Todoroki have any sick fight scenes coming up from the Manga? I wanted more and the fight ended too soon. :\

I'm also asking~ I need to know if my best boy is going to get his screen time

After this is the spotlight on the villains and then there’ll be todoroki, deku, and bakugo training at endeavors agency
May 15, 2021 5:47 PM

Apr 2018
Khalifla said:
Another week of boring no hero academia... can't wait for this trash arc to end

I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one bored to tears with this stupid arc. Can we please have some real villains start killing people or something? This is going nowhere!
May 15, 2021 6:17 PM
Jul 2018
The fights were really important during the matches, I really like how it was explained about the cold medium of todoroki's power.
May 15, 2021 6:32 PM
Apr 2021
darkling692 said:
Khalifla said:

I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one bored to tears with this stupid arc. Can we please have some real villains start killing people or something? This is going nowhere!
you're so lame. You're one of those people who only cares about fights and stuff without character developement or any story. If that's the case, u might have to stop watching this series. It's a series where every characters are handeled so maybe watch demon slayer?? They focus more on fights
May 15, 2021 7:21 PM

Jul 2016
Iida never looked so badass before. MVP of the match without a doubt. Honenuki was also quite impressive.

Honestly thought I would have to wait till Bakugou's turn to feel truly excited but I'm glad I was wrong. Easily, best match as well as the most intense one so far. Not to mention the flashbacks were implemented quite nicely this time.
May 15, 2021 8:28 PM

Jun 2019
Easily the best episode so far this season.

It looks like this is where they were putting all of their animation effort because Lida’s movements looked great (even if there were some times that he looked wonky). The fight itself was also the most entertaining so far, although there were many logical holes like how Todoroki didn’t freeze Tetsutetsu after heating him up.

Also, how is it that one of the biggest anime series in 2021 can’t cast a voice actor that can actually speak English in a role where the character speaks English? It is unexcusable. I am currently watching Ashita no Joe which is from the 70s and 80s and they were able to cast people that could speak English and Japanese well enough. The creators just have to care about their product to account for that detail.
May 15, 2021 9:30 PM
Jun 2020
Not Todoroki being a badass. And like, that fire animation was just mwah.

But probably my favorite thing from the episode was just Iida doing the whole rescue thing. Really like how even though class A probably could have won if he had zoomed mudman or tetsu to the jail, Iida still chose to rescue Todoroki. You can tell he's going to be a great hero when he's older
May 15, 2021 9:45 PM

Feb 2021
i loved the animation in this ep. also im excited to see what bakugo does in the next one
May 15, 2021 10:03 PM
May 2019
It's odd usually I love tournament arcs with the Chunin exams from Naruto and Dark tournament from Yu Yu Hakusho being some of my favorite and most watched anime seasons of all time. But something about this arc just isn't doing it for me. The fights are pretty good but I want some more story regarding the league of villains and hawks not to mention the thing going on with Deku. That being said this fight was probably the best yet. Also of slush guy didn't have his quirk Ilda would have been seriously injured. I don't care how strong recovery girl is no kiss is gonna fix a shattered spine and crushed spine. Just saying
May 15, 2021 10:05 PM
May 2019
nontoxic0913 said:
darkling692 said:

you're so lame. You're one of those people who only cares about fights and stuff without character developement or any story. If that's the case, u might have to stop watching this series. It's a series where every characters are handeled so maybe watch demon slayer?? They focus more on fights
nontoxic0913 said:
darkling692 said:

but this whole arc is focusing on a fight. I think he wants to see villains doing things and more story.
May 15, 2021 10:07 PM
May 2019
Shad0w24 said:
Not Todoroki being a badass. And like, that fire animation was just mwah.

But probably my favorite thing from the episode was just Iida doing the whole rescue thing. Really like how even though class A probably could have won if he had zoomed mudman or tetsu to the jail, Iida still chose to rescue Todoroki. You can tell he's going to be a great hero when he's older
Ilda reminds me of myself in Highschool I was always trying to follow the rules. I love Ilda he's great.
May 15, 2021 10:36 PM

Sep 2014
There is something that really bothers me from this episode: Are you telling me that Iida couldn't just change direction to avoid that silo drop? Yes, he said that he can't control it very well, but we already saw him making movements and changing directions before. I can't see any reasons to why he can't do it again.

But even worse, how is that Iida is still in reach of that silo? We saw how fast he moves, for the moment that building is collapsing he should be very far away already, making it not a threat at all.
joexmdqMay 15, 2021 10:46 PM
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
May 15, 2021 10:40 PM
May 2021
Khalifla said:
I'm hoping they don't stretch it out much longer, it's honestly so boring
May 15, 2021 11:25 PM
May 2021
Its one of the greatest anime epispodes of all anime (partocularly i didnt like this season very much but this episode is next levep out of the world)
Rimuru_sama_May 15, 2021 11:28 PM
May 15, 2021 11:27 PM
May 2021
Bruh i dont know how to edit my message i am new to anime list so i accidentally gave it 1 star with a nice comment so here you goo
This is one of the best episodes i have watched
It coems under my top 10 listtt pf best epispdess
Btw i didnt like this seson till now but it may change
May 15, 2021 11:31 PM

Oct 2008
Intense battle! so proud of Class B because Class A is really struggling on each match! and this one proved it! only thing is it was a TIE!!!
next up is the rascal crazy Bakugo! bwahaha
5/5.

May 15, 2021 11:35 PM
Aug 2020
fruitscastle said:
Khalifla said:

The fuck? Sakuga makes you bored?
May 16, 2021 12:04 AM
Nov 2016
This episode was awesome, definitely the best episode of this season by far.

5/5 episode IMHO.

Vlad with his biased commentary are hilarious as always and that Pony girl and her Engrish is quite hilarious too.
May 16, 2021 1:07 AM
Nov 2020
Khalifla said:
Although the whole arc combined has not been much intriguing, I would say this episode was much much.. MUCH better than the previous ones. There was not only some great animation sequences but also meaningful character developments and interactions. And the score was pretty lit too ngl.
May 16, 2021 2:00 AM
Jun 2016
Surpass your limits!..ok aizawa should have said that would have been perfect lol
May 16, 2021 2:46 AM

Oct 2015
A pretty good episode despite the content flaws themselves. It makes no sense that kilos of ice doesn't slow Tetsutetsu down just because he's metal but Horikoshi has been nerfing Todoroki. His fight should have ended with this

He dumbed both Todoroki and Momo down so Class B could clutch a win/draw which wasn't even necessary. There are better ways they could win.

Anyway, Vlad was wrong the MVPs of his class were Honenuki and Pony.
May 16, 2021 4:48 AM

Aug 2020
YUTAPON CUBES!!
Overall a good episode. Everyone has improved especially iida and shoto has started to use his fire more now.

I put it on hold for 3 eps but now I'm hyped due to shoto and upcoming Bakugo episodes.
May 16, 2021 6:08 AM
Jul 2020
Khalifla said:
well you can just skip to another anime if you want no one's waiting for your response anyway😂
Toxic fans:- using the anime list of the user to criticize his opinions on a different anime.

If you cannot tolerate others taste delete your mal account☮️.
May 16, 2021 6:52 AM

Aug 2013
Deku_kamodo said:
Khalifla said:
well you can just skip to another anime if you want no one's waiting for your response anyway😂
same goes for y weirdo
May 16, 2021 6:59 AM
Jan 2018
Khalifla said:
Deku_kamodo said:
same goes for y weirdo

Dude can’t even spell “you”, that’s how you know he’s brainless.
May 16, 2021 7:00 AM
Jul 2020
Khalifla said:
Deku_kamodo said:
same goes for y weirdo
well I did it for you to notice,which you did,if you have the brains to understand.
Toxic fans:- using the anime list of the user to criticize his opinions on a different anime.

If you cannot tolerate others taste delete your mal account☮️.
May 16, 2021 7:27 AM
May 2021
This fight is cool but the next fight is amazing in the manga and I really hope the animation makes it even more badass.
May 16, 2021 8:11 AM
Sep 2020
I really hated this episode. The way they handle class B is annoying as hell especially since Tetsutetsu's team has some of the coolest characters in the show so far.
May 16, 2021 9:08 AM
Mar 2015
A tie is like kissing your sister
May 16, 2021 9:46 AM

Feb 2013
Okay this was so much better than the last match and the next match looks like it will be good too! That new girl from class b looks interesting. I'm excited for next Saturday!
May 16, 2021 2:58 PM
May 2018
Easily the best episode of the season for me.
May 16, 2021 4:10 PM
Jan 2021
Dr4kon said:
2132 said:

Hey idiot they have been training with using battle tactics that is literally what All might said on top of that madman used softened the ice and then pony used her horns to send Tetsutetsu to Todoroki and he kept at a close distance then pony went after Shoji and Drill guy went after Ojiro which left lida to mudman then it went from their class 1-b had a plan their not idiots they created the situation so no class 1-a couldn’t do that

First off. Interpunction. It exists for a reason.

Second, starting with calling someone an idiot does not invite constructive discussion. Is your best attempt at communication really name-calling?

Third, you just described the fight to me. I saw the episodes as well, no need to repeat it. To quote you: "class 1-b had a plan their[sic] not idiots they created the situation so no class 1-a couldn’t do that"
So class 1-b has a strategy, but class 1-a didn't? Not very smart then?
Moreover, I was talking battle tactics, not battle strategy. They got themselves caught in their opponents' strategy, that does not mean you forgo tactics.

To repeat myself, Todoroki's primary goal in a fight with Tetsu should be to remain at a distance at all times. Every step that Tetsu takes forward should be two steps Todoroki takes back. He had plenty of time to ice-boost himself out of there. If class 1-b has the time to horn-boost their allies into favorable positions, Todoroki could simply do the same. Class 1-a has the fastest guy on their team, yet barely made use of him (also, no way that tower hit him. He was already running away, and toppling is quite slow compared to just falling).

Not doing any of this just shows Todoroki and his entire team has no idea how fighting works and has no idea how fighting with their powers work. Their entire approach was storming what's in front of them like a bull.

I wasn’t looking for any discussion I just said what your comment made me think and that was what an idiot. Now lida tried to get to his teammates but mudman stopped him and distracted him and lida went to ojiro first and yes Todoroki needs to keep at a distance but this is Tetsu he wasn’t letting him get away and he didn’t, for the majority of the time Tetsu was holding him their. Class 1-a did have a strategy to just go into a head on fight it’s clear they underestimated class 1-b that was their downfall. Yes their approach was to charge in because Tetsu unintentionally made it so they just come right to them by making a ruckus the entire reason Class 1-a tied is because they underestimated class 1-b. And I don’t care about interpunction while typing based on pure incomprehension at how someone could not understand what happened.
May 16, 2021 4:59 PM
Dec 2020
By FAAAAAAAAAR the best episode of the season so far.
The animation was amazing, and the fight as well.
Really liked the new moves showcased by Todoroki and Lida.
May 16, 2021 6:11 PM

Jul 2013
By far the best episode this season. The animation was beautiful when Iida showed the full potential of his Respiro Turbo or when Todoroki unleashed some really crazy flames. Tetsutetsu really put Todoroki on a test. 1 attack by Iida was almost enough to knock out Juuzou immediately which also shows Iidas developement since the last time.

I didn't expect it to end in a draw, but Pony made the right decision even if I felt as unsatisfied as Kaminari and Kirishima lol. I'm pretty sure class 1-A would have won if Shouji had a possibility to reach Pony. But exactly this shows how much everyone still has to learn in making the right decission at the right time.

Ngl after this match I'm hyped to see Bakugou in action and how much stronger he got.

May 16, 2021 9:58 PM
May 2021
Ofcool2947 said:
fruitscastle said:

The fuck? Sakuga makes you bored?
The last episode was one of the better ones so far, but while watching most of the others I kind of just spaced out.. personal preference I guess?
May 16, 2021 10:08 PM
Oct 2017
Can't wait for this boring arc to end
May 16, 2021 10:19 PM

Dec 2020
probably the episode with the most important power lore in it so far

-iida is turbo fast, so fast that he can break shit he runs over
-todoroki unlocks even more powerful endeavor flames
-tetsu tetsu is also pretty damn op himself bc he can witstand todoroki's flames that much and that long
-horn girl is ... horn girl. there should be more info with how much weight her horns can carry, how fast they are, and how strong they are because they were way too flexible this ep lol. it became useless to show us class a's quirks but became useful once class b needs saving
-melt guy is also rly cool. would've fit well with class a because of his powerful quirk, and nice personality
-drill guy was no threat at all, and ojiro needs some sort of upgrade asap. if he's gonna participate in class a's future battles he's just gonna be more and more useless if he doesn't improve
May 17, 2021 12:59 AM

Oct 2009
That was dope! Thats more like it!
Tokage sure looks nice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 17, 2021 2:58 AM

Mar 2018
Awesome episode.

That Yutapon cut sure has kept us waiting. And it was so worth it, long, striking, bold, just the usual Nakamura greatness. We're so blessed to have him on the show.

The rest of the episode was really great too, FINALLY they adapted 3 chapter this time, the pacing felt perfect and it seems like they're gonna keep it that way until the end of the arc, this might actually be 100% enjoyable from here on out.

And every blow was done with a lot of care, animation was great all the way throught.

Now the great production only highlighted how fucking dull the match is. Todoroki gets taken down by a pipe, Iida by a huge container that he could have avoided if he just ran sideways, and Pony (who's voice is unbearable i'm sorry) litterally kills the game with an underwhelming draw.

It's frustrating, it's definetly meant to be, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Next week is Bakugo greatness and THIS is a round I actually like.
May 17, 2021 3:37 PM

Mar 2018
even though this arc has no real plot development they went so HARD WITH THE ANIMATION its making this ridiculously good

also mudman, tetsu tetsu and ida are the MVPs no doubt
May 17, 2021 7:42 PM

Mar 2020
This episode was extremly good(Best one from this season so far). Ida parts were the best imo. And that horn girl was pretty interesting to say the least. Finally they upgraded the animation and it was amazing(Nothing less from bones i suppose (Also this season is getting alot of hate i suppose)
May 17, 2021 8:38 PM

Mar 2019
Mudman was really interesting, i really liked him as a character, hope to see him more.
May 18, 2021 7:25 AM
May 2020
The fighting and animation, as well as the musical score were phenomenal, but my only problem is how anti-climactic this battle ended. Srsly?
May 18, 2021 10:29 AM

Jul 2020
Good episode .I hope we get something serious/important soon cus mha s5 is barely average so far .😑
Waiting for the stone ocean 3 anime
May 18, 2021 11:58 AM

Feb 2021
Todoroki was a bad ass, it is sad to see him remembering getting beat to a pulp as a kid and told to be better, yet actually having that advice help him is cool yet sad. Cause it makes ' Endeavor' abuse ' helpful' even though it really wasn't because at the beginning he used ice instead of fire, because he spent like 10 years only using his ice.
Did a good job of bringing his charector conflict/ development into the fight.
Lida, was cool he stuck to his charector while all the others acted on how to win he stuck to how to rescue at the end even tho he probably coulda won if he had just taken the the two enemies who were down.

Pony girl was intriguing enoug h I suppose great episode best so far.
May 18, 2021 6:36 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
I really like this episode-- really shows the character development but also vulnerabilities of each quirk. To be a hero isn't just about strength and willpower...interesting. Iida is really cool this episode, even though rescue heroes are often underappreciated.

Also did I miss something...or did Bakugo...? Deku? I guess he's not holding grudges anymore, and being childish, but actually respects Deku as a rival. Somehow I'm in awe, that he put down his past to internally ask Deku to watch him/see his improvement.
May 19, 2021 12:23 AM

Apr 2020
Lida and Todoroki did their best.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

203 by Roselittlepony »»
May 5, 4:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

189 by GaiusNereus »»
May 3, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Chocolate_chip »»
May 2, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

198 by TheCallofBeer »»
Apr 30, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

167 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 29, 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.