Forum Settings
Forums

'Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu.' TV Anime Adaptation Announced for Fall 2021

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 11, 2021 1:40 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
honestly don't really get the hype for this, manga was just ok... congratulations to the diehard Komi-san fans out there tho i guess
May 11, 2021 2:23 PM
May 2021
i'm so excited! i loved the manga a lot :^)
May 11, 2021 2:30 PM

Jul 2019
WOOOOOOOOOHHH Yeah finally!
May 11, 2021 2:31 PM

May 2020
I hope the anime doesn't lose its charm the same way Horimiya kinda did for me! :)
Also wondering how animated Komi's expressions will appear.
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
May 11, 2021 2:33 PM
Sep 2019
LET’S GOOOOO!!!!
May 11, 2021 3:46 PM

Jun 2017
who the fuck is studio OLM?
May 11, 2021 4:17 PM

Aug 2020
GreatAide said:
They make pokemon stuff. Looks like that want to break into the non-kid anime route now.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

May 11, 2021 5:24 PM

Jul 2019
Finally won an adaptation! I'm very happy with this news.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
May 11, 2021 5:29 PM
Apr 2020
Same VA as Kaguya-sama NICEEEE
May 11, 2021 5:39 PM

Dec 2020
ABOUT TIMEEEE so happy its getting adapted, and definitely excited for this. same va as kaguya, hope they also do the manga justice like kaguya did
May 11, 2021 6:00 PM
Feb 2020
The meme will finally end
May 11, 2021 6:48 PM
Jul 2018
Corrout said:
GreatAide said:
They make pokemon stuff. Looks like that want to break into the non-kid anime route now.

They already did that even before Pokémon. They made Berserk 1997.
May 11, 2021 6:55 PM

Aug 2020
IronicExArmFan said:
Corrout said:

I can't read japanese. No wonder it has 400k members

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

May 11, 2021 6:55 PM

Aug 2020
IronicExArmFan said:
Corrout said:

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

May 11, 2021 7:02 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Corrout said:
IronicExArmFan said:

Also we credited 2 anime in the post on the side of the studio's name that aren't kids anime too. (Like the currently airing Odd Taxi that everyone is sleeping on plz fortheloveofgodeveryonewatchititsgud)

They do dabble in non-kids anime from time to time, just not often.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 11, 2021 8:23 PM
Apr 2020
oi oi oi oi oi oi, komi-san is getting adapted, lets go
May 11, 2021 8:23 PM

Dec 2017
oh finally komi-san anime is real!! my friend would be delighted when she hears this
a
May 11, 2021 9:06 PM

Mar 2014
I hope the anime doesn't lose its charm the same way Horimiya kinda did for me x2.
May 11, 2021 10:45 PM

Feb 2021
wait is she mute or just nonverbal?
obscure anime for u idiots to watch right NOW
1.Odd Taxi WATCH THIS!!!!!
2.LINK CLICK super underrated!! (chinese, foto-time travelling, emotional stories dope music)
3.Mashiro no Oto if u like traditional jap banger music

please support Cherry&virgin if u can!!
May 11, 2021 11:45 PM

Apr 2013
It was about time, a big part of the community was waiting for this. 2021 stonks going strong.
May 12, 2021 12:10 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
I haven't read the manga, but since I know that Komi-san is very popular, I might give the anime a try and see what it is that fans like about it. Komi seems really cute and the visual looks super pretty, so I'm looking forward to it :)

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
May 12, 2021 2:31 AM

Aug 2014
So much time has passed with people hoping for this that in the meantime what was decent and cute at the beginning just kinda got old and a bit slow even with some moments here and there. But at least it happened and that's still nice news.
May 12, 2021 4:14 AM

Sep 2018
Yay! I am hyped =D

(∩´∀`)∩ワーイ
May 12, 2021 6:56 AM

Apr 2012
So now Komi fans will stop constantly complaining about the lack of adaptation in the discussion about the announcement of every second anime? I'm so happy! Joking aside, I'm pretty happy to see Aoi Koga in the cast. I wonder how much Komi-san's tone and manner of speaking will differ from Kaguya. However, one way or another, her role will still be another one hit role for Koga-san! Congratulations!
May 12, 2021 7:04 AM
Oct 2018
The manga is great
May 12, 2021 7:25 AM
Feb 2019
I just hope anime fans will not force her face literally everywhere, because when I first joined the community, I swear 60% of the memes were the same unoriginal Komi-san memes. Even the manga just couldn't hit me properly and honestly, hearing there was literally no romance or any real kind of development for 200 chapters honestly made me just not want to continue. I still wonder if people really enjoyed it only, because everyone said they enjoyed it.
May 12, 2021 8:47 AM

Mar 2020
WAIT WHAT IT FINALLY HAPPENED
NOW WATCHING: Blue Exorcist (Season 3), Bucchigiri?!, Bungou Stray Dogs (Season 2), Delicious in Dungeon, and Mashle (Season 2)

May 12, 2021 11:15 AM
May 2021
YES!!..LEST GO!!....
May 12, 2021 11:39 AM
Apr 2020
I'm so glad Komi finally has an anime, the story is just so funny and heartwarming, I'd be sad if more people didn't get to see her journey! ^^

P.S. I won't force anyone to watch or read it if it's not their thing... it's kind of rude to force your interests or ideals on another person, in my opinion... that is.
ExistingIntroverMay 12, 2021 11:42 AM
May 12, 2021 11:49 AM
Apr 2020
sntiago said:

She's just really nervous with speaking to people, this is a story about her learning to open up to the people around her. ^^
May 12, 2021 12:25 PM

Feb 2021
ExistingIntrover said:
sntiago said:

She's just really nervous with speaking to people, this is a story about her learning to open up to the people around her. ^^

ah so nonverbal? nonverbal is a term for someone who's physically capable of speech but doesn't bc of anxiety, trauma, a block, whatever :) mute just means physically incapable of speaking

nice to see some nonverbal representation. i have a friend and they go nonverbal during anxiety attacks and I'm sure they'll appreciat this anime
obscure anime for u idiots to watch right NOW
1.Odd Taxi WATCH THIS!!!!!
2.LINK CLICK super underrated!! (chinese, foto-time travelling, emotional stories dope music)
3.Mashiro no Oto if u like traditional jap banger music

please support Cherry&virgin if u can!!
May 12, 2021 1:04 PM

Aug 2020
RobertBobert said:
So now Komi fans will stop constantly complaining about the lack of adaptation in the discussion about the announcement of every second anime? I'm so happy! Joking aside, I'm pretty happy to see Aoi Koga in the cast. I wonder how much Komi-san's tone and manner of speaking will differ from Kaguya. However, one way or another, her role will still be another one hit role for Koga-san! Congratulations!
funny thing is she won't even have to speak that much . I think we would be able to count the number of lines she gets in the wholes series with just our fingers .
May 12, 2021 1:14 PM

Apr 2012
TweedleDane said:
RobertBobert said:
funny thing is she won't even have to speak that much . I think we would be able to count the number of lines she gets in the wholes series with just our fingers .

Well, the running gag has been around for a long time in the fandom about that the role of the silent character is acknowledgment of VA's enormous vocal potential. First, Inori Minase got a role in Anthem of the Heart, and then Saori Hayami in Koe no Katachi. It really looked odd as the characters who hardly speak were given VA with very memorable voice and vocal skills.

I barely heard Aoi Koga outside of Kaguya and Genshin (Azur Lane doesn't count as Nicoloso is basically Paimon on LSD), so I would really be interested in appreciating her role in Komi and the new PriPri.
May 12, 2021 4:23 PM
Jun 2013
BuschJP said:
Feels like this Manga only got an Anime because people hyped the crap out of it, for reasons that i apparently don't understand. It's just Komi carrying the entire thing despite that even her character isn't good, let alone the others. Is it because people think she is "cute" or anything like that? I mean the story barely makes any progress, and even if you view it as a simple slice of life Manga it's not a good one at that.

This has to be one of the weirdest comments i read in this site for a while, i don't know man, maybe it got a anime because it's a very popular series in Japan since it started in 2016? no series get a anime just because "internet hype", it gets because is popular and lucrative, simple, if you don't get why people like this series, fine, but don't come up with silly reasons why it got a anime.
May 12, 2021 7:13 PM

Aug 2019
The animation for the PV looks really good, curious to see how they'll go about portraying Komi in the anime.
May 13, 2021 2:36 AM

Mar 2015
Oh, this is an interesting one, I never fully followed Komi-san but I like the settings of the characters and the theme. Not gonna lie, I hope the studio have an idea of how to properly animate the characters, because it's all about gesture and non-verbal emotions.
May 13, 2021 3:06 AM
Oct 2019
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
BuschJP said:
Feels like this Manga only got an Anime because people hyped the crap out of it, for reasons that i apparently don't understand. It's just Komi carrying the entire thing despite that even her character isn't good, let alone the others. Is it because people think she is "cute" or anything like that? I mean the story barely makes any progress, and even if you view it as a simple slice of life Manga it's not a good one at that.

This has to be one of the weirdest comments i read in this site for a while, i don't know man, maybe it got a anime because it's a very popular series in Japan since it started in 2016? no series get a anime just because "internet hype", it gets because is popular and lucrative, simple, if you don't get why people like this series, fine, but don't come up with silly reasons why it got a anime.

You know... people in japan can also hype it up, you don't need the internet for that. Of course it's lucrative, since a lot of people know about it and like it, for reasons that i don't understand, as i already mentioned.
May 14, 2021 12:24 AM

Oct 2020
BuschJP said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

You know... people in japan can also hype it up, you don't need the internet for that. Of course it's lucrative, since a lot of people know about it and like it, for reasons that i don't understand, as i already mentioned.

It is one of the leading titles in Shonen Sunday in terms of its tankobon volume sales after Conan and Frieren ever since the serialization in 2016. The title also become the spiritual successor for quirky girl trope since Dagashi Kashi ended in 2018. It reached 5.2 Million copies in circulation for all its volumes in Japan alone early this year, and for a manga that was serialized in a lesser known magazine and without anime on top of that, the numbers are pretty good.

They had every reason to adapt the series into an anime which has been long overdue since 2018 and to promote the series even further into mainstream audience. Like @Shinuki_n_Reborn said, you gotta stop making up silly reasons why it got anime if you don't know anything about it in the first place.
GardefusilierMay 14, 2021 12:35 AM
May 14, 2021 5:41 AM
Oct 2019
Gardefusilier said:
BuschJP said:

It is one of the leading titles in Shonen Sunday in terms of its tankobon volume sales after Conan and Frieren ever since the serialization in 2016. The title also become the spiritual successor for quirky girl trope since Dagashi Kashi ended in 2018. It reached 5.2 Million copies in circulation for all its volumes in Japan alone early this year, and for a manga that was serialized in a lesser known magazine and without anime on top of that, the numbers are pretty good.

They had every reason to adapt the series into an anime which has been long overdue since 2018 and to promote the series even further into mainstream audience. Like @Shinuki_n_Reborn said, you gotta stop making up silly reasons why it got anime if you don't know anything about it in the first place.

You are both shooting past the point i'm trying to make.

I'm genuinely asking why people like this Manga so much, that they decided to make an Anime out of it. I've read 260 chapters and *in my opinion* it's not a good Manga. I just want to know, what exactly people like about it. Thats all i'm trying to say here.
May 14, 2021 6:39 AM

Oct 2020
BuschJP said:
Gardefusilier said:

You are both shooting past the point i'm trying to make.

I'm genuinely asking why people like this Manga so much, that they decided to make an Anime out of it. I've read 260 chapters and *in my opinion* it's not a good Manga. I just want to know, what exactly people like about it. Thats all i'm trying to say here.

No, both of us certainly aren't 'shooting past the point' you're trying to make.

Look up at your first argument again, you clearly state that this manga only got an anime because people are hyping it up and then proceed to mixed in your own opinion while you're at it. While it's understandable that you might find the certain elements in the manga are lacking, you still made up your reasoning on the sole reason why this manga got adapted based on your own stance on the manga, which as we have addressed before are certainly not the case.

Both of our answers are simple, it's because this manga is lucrative and popular like he said and I provide further evidence of it that this manga has been selling very well in Japan and thus understandable for the directors of the publisher to put it into adaptation to promote it further for general audience and boost up the manga sales, not simpy because both readers in Japan and overseas hyping it up. It's not that hard.

Both of us even came up with the same conclusion, it's alright if you don't find the manga interesting like other people did but don't made up the reason why it got adaptation in the first place. Besides, I believe there is someone at the first page that already answered your question why people liked it with several good reasons which I personally agreed with, why don't you discuss this based on @Zach-chan replies instead?
May 14, 2021 7:40 PM

Sep 2011
Glad it finally is getting one even if I really fell out of love with the series a while ago, the start is still this super heartwarming healing series.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 15, 2021 4:33 PM

Aug 2018
One of the few manga I read. I'm super excited to see how they adapt this one. :D

g-
Please don't feed the trolls.

May 20, 2021 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
I want to see this new romance anime adaptation I hear about is this anime manga
May 22, 2021 8:52 AM

Mar 2018
I really refuse to read the popular mangas since at some time, there'll be an adaptation. Thankfully, Komi-san is here to be adapted too!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2021 2:33 PM

Aug 2018
omg, the teaser looks really good. can't wait for fall 2021!
May 25, 2021 7:07 PM

Jan 2019
ok this looks pretty good by the trailer and that quitar fuckin slapped. but its made by OLM... they've basically only made pokemon movies. this worries me.
May 26, 2021 7:10 AM
Nov 2017
The question is, will they adapt all chapters? Or are they just gonna tease most of the viewers and make them read the manga. 300+ chapters is a lot and if your here for the romance then i suggest you watch/read something else.
Aug 3, 2021 12:08 PM
Feb 2020
Finally that's wholesome I read the manga and no regrets I love tadano Komi Himiko and osana I put directly on my favs for my hype
Aug 3, 2021 12:12 PM
Feb 2020
GreatAide said:

For the greatest odd taxi adaptation
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
8 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
11 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - Today

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
12 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
Today, 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.