Forum Settings
Forums

What is your most disagreeable opinion about an anime?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Apr 20, 2021 8:25 PM
Dec 2020
Angel_crush1 said:
Lot of shounen is overrated there's only few exceptions........ and i hope seinen manga will surpass shounen in popularity
most seinen manga are slice of life and they are popular
Deathlydash
Apr 20, 2021 8:28 PM
Dec 2020
Angel_crush1 said:
Lot of shounen is overrated there's only few exceptions........ and i hope seinen manga will surpass shounen in popularity
what is your definition of the word "overrated"
Deathlydash
Apr 20, 2021 8:29 PM
Dec 2020
Angel_crush1 said:
what is your definition of the word "overrated"?
Deathlydash
Apr 20, 2021 8:59 PM
Jan 2021
Deathlydash said:
Angel_crush1 said:
most seinen manga are slice of life and they are popular

I know it's popular lol.... but not as popular as shounen......
Apr 20, 2021 9:23 PM

Aug 2016
My objective opinion on some ends:

- Erased: really good end
- Cage of eden: one of the greatest ends in manga
- EoE: Awful end that ruined the anime series wich already had a weak end. The manga does everything right. Also, it doesnt help Komm susser is such a sh*t song.

Also, as someone who likes Susumu Hirasawa´s work, his work for millenium actress, Parpika and Paranoia agent are awful.
MichaelJacksonApr 20, 2021 9:33 PM
:v
Apr 20, 2021 9:27 PM

Aug 2016
5ika said:
iLuvPuns said:
I seem to be the only finding the FMA Brotherhood ending not that great.

I gave it a 10 but the ending was the weakest part for sure in my opinion.

the end was definitly not great, but at least solid. To be fair, I find the last arc to be the weakest thing about FMA Brotherhood. Everything else was great, though.
MichaelJacksonApr 20, 2021 9:30 PM
Apr 20, 2021 9:37 PM

Aug 2016
CrimsonCW said:
iunne said:

Great Teacher Onizuka is unimaginably bad. One of the four 1/10s I've given on MAL.

I had a friend a decade or more go never shut up about it and out of boredom I tried it out and he promised some "very human and funny series" and it was so obnoxious and immature, I had no idea what he saw in it, apart from being very young at the time.
It wasn't a 1/10 for me, but it was pretty low. Think I gave it a 3.

As for me, god, I do NOT understand the appeal of the JoJo series at all. Is it supposed to be serious and epic or so bad it's actually entertaining? Because I think it's the latter, far more than anything else. I've never seen something that is so braindead and so ugly all at once. I detest it so much and have no idea why it's so beloved.

Anyone have an answer?

Onizuka would have been one of my favorite anime if Onizuka wasnt such an imbecile. Its ok to have an imbecile as a main character, but Onizuka was too much and did it in an annoying way. I still find it decent, but I wished he grew up as a character. Also, Kanzaki was a massive *sshole. the rest of the cast really did carry the anime.

jojos characters really ruin the anime for me, they are so boring. A shame because I find the power system really creative. wait a couple of years till jojo fanboys do whatever they can to put part 7 in the top. it´s gonna be a mess.
Apr 22, 2021 1:01 PM

Feb 2021
If you think rising of the shield hero promotes slavery and makes women look bad then your an idiot
Apr 22, 2021 1:05 PM

Feb 2019
Erebus_Akeldama said:
I'm going to say this and I'm going to say this proud.

MUMEN RIDER IS BETTER THAN DEKU
AND THAT IS A FACT!

Fight me, I dare you, just try and change my mind.

Sorry but no one really cares about this anyway, so i doubt that anyone wants to change your mind lol
Apr 22, 2021 1:13 PM

Nov 2015
Weebbe said:
I think My Neighbor Totoro isn't that great movie, and most people probably love it so much for the nostalgia value. I don't hate it though, it's iconic.

Yeah my husband loves Totoro so we watched it together and I didn't really see the appeal. I didn't think it was bad but it was fairly mediocre.

CrimsonCW said:
As for me, god, I do NOT understand the appeal of the JoJo series at all.

I agree with this for the most part. I liked part 2 (Joseph) only because I find Joseph funny as a character. I was told that Stardust Crusaders was amazing (found 75% of it very boring) and that if I got to Diamond is Unbreakable I would be hooked. Yeah I tried but I had to drop Diamond is Unbreakable because I got so bored. It took me a long time to struggle through Stardust Crusaders (like 2 years) and then Diamond is Unbreakable just did not appeal to me at all.
Apr 22, 2021 1:48 PM

Dec 2020
Sakuta002766 said:
Erebus_Akeldama said:
I'm going to say this and I'm going to say this proud.

MUMEN RIDER IS BETTER THAN DEKU
AND THAT IS A FACT!

Fight me, I dare you, just try and change my mind.

Sorry but no one really cares about this anyway, so i doubt that anyone wants to change your mind lol

If you don't care, why bother replying?

Apr 22, 2021 1:55 PM

Feb 2019
Erebus_Akeldama said:
Sakuta002766 said:

If you don't care, why bother replying?

Just to tell that no one wants to change your mind, don't worry i also don't want to change your mind anyway lol
Apr 22, 2021 1:59 PM

Nov 2020
any series which repeatedly sexualises its female characters is trash. i understand not everyone is gna agree with that, but to me as a girl it just gets very boring very fast and i have no interest in it.
Apr 22, 2021 2:06 PM

Jan 2009
I think Code Geass is highly overrated. I think the story structure is prolly woven and a lot of things that happen in the show stems from very lazy writing. I also dont think the ending is as mind blowing as people make it out to be. Hell, there is an episode of The Office that has a similar ending theme to it.
Apr 22, 2021 2:09 PM
Jul 2019
nowandforever said:
any series which repeatedly sexualises its female characters is trash. i understand not everyone is gna agree with that, but to me as a girl it just gets very boring very fast and i have no interest in it.

That's a fair point, I also wouldn't go out of my way to watch Yuri on Ice, but since I'm since I'm a boy I do love seeing 12 year old girls with watermelons being sexualized.
Apr 22, 2021 2:14 PM

Apr 2017
Hrybami said:
The animation didn't carry Kimetsu no Yaiba. The story and characters did.

Yeah I agree. The animation was good but the story and chemistry between characters was what made me watch/not drop it.

Apr 22, 2021 2:16 PM
Apr 2021
ratonotota said:
I'm a boy I do love seeing 12 year old girls with watermelons being sexualized.

Just because you are a boy doesn't mean you need to be a pedophile as well though.
Apr 22, 2021 2:18 PM

Apr 2017
I liked School Days because its a complete 180 from traditional Harem/Sol anime and it portrays the downside of relationships more realistically than most anime.

Apr 22, 2021 2:19 PM

Apr 2016
Cowboy Bebop is overrated. It's a decent show. Also, the Cowboy Bebop English dub is that anywhere near as good as people claim. Oh don't mistake me: it's not trash like most English dubs at the time were, but everyone keeps hyping it up as the most amazing thing ever, and... it's just okay? I'd certainly put a lot of later anime dubs over it, like Fullmetal Alchemist's (both 2003 and Brotherhood).

Evangelion is overrated. It's an okay show.

Code Geass is overrated. The first season is decent and everything after is bad.

Naruto is better than people claim but it still jumps the shark after the Pain arc.

Gundam IBO's ending wasn't, in fact, the worst ending ever. I do have problems with it but it wasn't terrible.

Re:Zero is awful.
Apr 22, 2021 2:21 PM
Jul 2019
senkimm said:
ratonotota said:
I'm a boy I do love seeing 12 year old girls with watermelons being sexualized.

Just because you are a boy doesn't mean you need to be a pedophile as well though.

Well I'm not really a pedo since I'm 15, but let me correct the phrase for you.

I do love seeing a 2000 year old loli being sexualized
Apr 22, 2021 2:25 PM

Dec 2018
K-On and Violet Evergarden are extremely mid and I don't see what people like in these 2 anime, they literally have nothing going for them.
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Apr 22, 2021 2:25 PM
Apr 2021
ratonotota said:
senkimm said:

Believe it or not but 15 year olds can also be pedophiles. Assuming you are telling the truth about your age of course.
Apr 22, 2021 2:37 PM
Jul 2019
senkimm said:
ratonotota said:

Believe it or not but 15 year olds can also be pedophiles. Assuming you are telling the truth about your age of course.

mmmm I'm going to choose not to believe you on that one.
Apr 22, 2021 2:43 PM

Mar 2016
KyleRiley said:
Weebbe said:
I think My Neighbor Totoro isn't that great movie, and most people probably love it so much for the nostalgia value. I don't hate it though, it's iconic.

Yeah my husband loves Totoro so we watched it together and I didn't really see the appeal. I didn't think it was bad but it was fairly mediocre.

CrimsonCW said:
As for me, god, I do NOT understand the appeal of the JoJo series at all.

I agree with this for the most part. I liked part 2 (Joseph) only because I find Joseph funny as a character. I was told that Stardust Crusaders was amazing (found 75% of it very boring) and that if I got to Diamond is Unbreakable I would be hooked. Yeah I tried but I had to drop Diamond is Unbreakable because I got so bored. It took me a long time to struggle through Stardust Crusaders (like 2 years) and then Diamond is Unbreakable just did not appeal to me at all.

To me, it sounds like the appeal is "turn off your brain spectacle" or "everyone else likes it, so that makes it good" kind of herd mentality. No other ideas past those.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Apr 22, 2021 2:46 PM
Mar 2021
Here's two. I have zero sympathy for Reiner in aot
also Bruno's theme > Giorno's theme
Apr 22, 2021 2:55 PM

Dec 2012
I found it excruciatingly painful to get through Mahoutsukai no Yome and I rated it a 4.
KineticsApr 22, 2021 3:08 PM
Apr 22, 2021 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
Re:Zero is the best anime of all time.
Apr 22, 2021 8:57 PM

Jan 2021
nowandforever said:

I'm so glad to see someone who shares an opinion similar to mine. I'd much prefer anime without the fanservice.
Apr 26, 2021 7:02 PM

May 2009
Thread Locked

Somewhat of a late lock, but it's necessary. This type of threads always encourage rule violations and the posts here prove it. There's baiting and/or spam in a lot of posts and some of them are just flaming this or that community which shouldn't be the topic here. Posts breaking the character limit have been removed, but please remember that this can result in a warning for spam. For more information, see the Site & Forums Guidelines.

It's also a dupe of two threads:

Please take the time to search before making a new thread.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

54 by TsutanaiFuun »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 1 hour ago

15 by Sorachin »»
7 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 8 hours ago

14 by Yuri-Crusader »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - 29 minutes ago

7 by NubFix »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 3 hours ago

10 by Sorachin »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.