Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 26, 2021 10:05 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
At long last, we've finally reached the end of a long-winded adaptation.

The double team of Kasel and Co., Princess Scarlett and Riheet facing off against King Kyle, resurrected as the Dark Lord Angmund. That was no pushover of a final battle concerning everyone who has to take him down and for Kasel, stealing back the Holy Sword Aea for the same reason.

Of course, they have to make it EPIC to feel like we haven't wasted 6 months worth of boredom exposition showtime for nothing, and it largely did that for the best that they could, from Frey's loyalty of Kasel (that looked more like the power of love) to Illya's pendant to finish the job. Guess even the smallest of items can mean the difference between life and death.

The curse of the Dark Lord is all but eliminated, and everything is where it should be where change needs to be done.

That's All Folks, 6 months of growing with this show, and I'm finally relieved of the long-ass journey. Decent ending I suppose, but that's for the best.

Need I remind you this happened:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-11-28/king-raid-anime-blu-ray-disc-release-canceled/.166802
>>> So if you want, pick up the game and drop the anime. I know I won't.
KANLen09Mar 26, 2021 12:20 PM
Mar 26, 2021 10:52 AM

Feb 2019
Damn I was hoping they’d find some way to bring the black edge members back, but them mfs really permanently dead. That makes me really feel for Riheeto even more. At least his comrades can rest easy knowing he and Scarlett have changed the kingdom for the better.

The demon lord fight was short as you’d expect since it was only one episode, but I got goosebumps during the climax. I wish Kyle and Kasel would’ve had a little more time to talk, same for Maria. I really feel for her never being able to communicate how she felt with Kyle.

I liked the epilogue bit as well. This show wasn’t a masterpiece, but it was really enjoyable to me and that’s all that matters for my overall scoring of it. It motivated me to pick up the game as well which I’m really enjoying.
Mar 26, 2021 11:00 AM

Oct 2017
Whew that was a tough fight but with everyones help Kasel did it. Also the truth is finally out, Lua didn't betray Kyle back then. He himself wished for it to save the holy sword. So much for Maria's hate against Lua lol.

Peace has returned to the kingdom but Kasel's journey ain't over yet. Have fun on your journey this time around.

Lol this was a disaster of an adaptation but whatever. I quit the game back in 2019 and this didn't make me want to go back at all so I highly doubt any people will wanna play the game after watching this.
Mar 26, 2021 11:07 AM
Sep 2015
It's a happy ending but at what cost? I wish it went with a happy-go-lucky scenario like Gran Blue Fantasy anime adaptation.

But at least I get to see Riheet shirtless for one last time!
Mar 26, 2021 11:21 AM

Dec 2010
Despite its flaws, I liked watching a new episode of this every friday. A good old fashioned down-to-earth fantasy story depicting the hero's journey. Afaik this anime went quite off course from the game story, even making this a happy ending, but it's fine considering there was never a chance to have more adapted anyway.

8/10
Mar 26, 2021 12:34 PM

Feb 2019
If Kyle didn't let go of the sword being sucked into the abyss...he would have killed the demon king, but the sword would have been destroyed? If the main reason for the sword was to kill the demon king...why worry if it is destroyed?

I guess Maria is going to disguise herself as Riheet's little sister now? That seems kind of messed up for the both of them.
Mar 26, 2021 12:36 PM
Dec 2015
generic predictable
in the end
the hero, son of the true king become knight and everyone happy with that?
Mar 26, 2021 12:43 PM

Jul 2017
noooooo kyleeeeee. Well tbh it was already fortunate enough that he got a chance to speak at the end but oh well. Not too bad of a fight for what it's worth, thought a bit of the choreography could've been improved but regardless

decent epilogue as well, seems to set up for a 2nd season

overall though, I think the best summary this show has is loads of buildup for not that much payoff. Like it had lots of neat plot points and ideas but kinda crammed it all in. That and the Kasel gang could strive to be a bit more entertaining lmao. don't think it's deserving as low of a rating it has though..

kyle pov when/10

Mar 2011
I don't get it frends? Did that witch save Ripine? We see her at the end and the black feather.
It is only fanservice?
I was going to give this show a 5 or 4 after it killed both Ripine and the awesome dark elf story replacing it with boring crap. But now, even if only fanservice, 6 or 7.

Apr 2018
At last, we finally get an ending to all of this and Kasel was successful beating the Dark Lord using the power of the Holy Sword Aea and with Illya's pendent. Pretty content with the ending.
Mar 26, 2021 1:07 PM

Dec 2015
Solid 7/10. Better than Hortensia Saga. While this had your usual boring generic adventuring and a lot of it (especially in the beginning) ... none of the chars felt too annoying. and the scenes with the princess and Riheet were great.

At the end some decend last episode. (Hortensia Saga really was crap here.) I would have liked to see more (with Riheet and the princess :D) after the beat the Dark Lord/Kyle. But this still was okay.
Mar 26, 2021 1:32 PM

Apr 2020
After a hard-fought battle from everyone, and a last minute pendant save from Riheet, Kasel manages to beat the Demon Lord and end the battle for good. And we got one last glimpse from King Kyle, and the only reason why all this happened is because he's too weak and flunked out, nice job there bloke.

Well anyways almost everyone has fulfilled their goals, Scarlet became a princess, Riheet is offered to become a noble but decides to first tackle the dark elf-human relations, Maria banished into nowhere, and our quartet (Kasel, Frey, Cleo, and Roi) sets out for new adventures, and who knows where all of them will go from here.

I can say that this ending was satisfying. After a long 24/26 episode journey, the adventure and the payoff was atleast decent, and we managed to get a satisfying conclusion to this story. I can say that the story...was a bit more better than DanMachi, I can really say that. But in many more elements like characters, the art style, the animation, and the pacing, DanMachi is much more better on those.

And so I'll give this a 5/10, definitely did not degrade into a trash bummer anime. More of like a junkfood anime with a bit of a good aftertaste, but still a mid one at that.
Mar 26, 2021 1:59 PM

Sep 2019
All I’m going to say is that it’s finally over and my suffering has come to an end.
Mar 26, 2021 3:11 PM

Nov 2013
HOOfan_1 said:
If Kyle didn't let go of the sword being sucked into the abyss...he would have killed the demon king, but the sword would have been destroyed? If the main reason for the sword was to kill the demon king...why worry if it is destroyed?

I guess Maria is going to disguise herself as Riheet's little sister now? That seems kind of messed up for the both of them.

the demon lord would probably ressurect again and then there would be no sword ,,, at least that's what i think
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 26, 2021 3:17 PM
Jun 2019
quite average as most of the series, but at least did not go fully downhill.
The last fight was a bit rushed and disappointing, but I did not hate it at least.
Mar 26, 2021 3:32 PM

Jun 2016
Generic fantasy but a solid 7 in the end, not so great not so awful.
Good ending and it seems that Ripine was saved by Maria.
Mar 26, 2021 3:35 PM

Jun 2016
Luthandorius said:
Solid 7/10. Better than Hortensia Saga. While this had your usual boring generic adventuring and a lot of it (especially in the beginning) ... none of the chars felt too annoying. and the scenes with the princess and Riheet were great.

At the end some decend last episode. (Hortensia Saga really was crap here.) I would have liked to see more (with Riheet and the princess :D) after the beat the Dark Lord/Kyle. But this still was okay.

I agree the average level is similar but King's Raid is better than Hortensia Saga.
Mar 26, 2021 4:12 PM

Nov 2011
Compared to Hortensia Saga ending this was a masterpiece. But overall I actually really enjoyed this ending. yeah it was predictable but the fight was actually well animated and quite entertaining.

I was torn on the relationship between Scarlet and Riheet as well. Like part of me wanted them to dedicate to each other but the other part was like "Yeah they can't fall in love like that...this is fine!"

Overall out of all the Mobile games turned into anime I think this is the best one ive seen so far. I actually really enjoyed this anime a lot.

If I could give it a 6.5 on mal I would. But ill give it a 7 to get the score up.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 26, 2021 4:58 PM
Jul 2020
Finally here is the final episode and it's time for me to say:
If you have time, let's play the game to enjoy a better story than this anime.
Don't let this movie stop you from enjoying a great story in the game, the story of both completely different.
Mar 26, 2021 5:14 PM

Sep 2020
Sunrise Beyond Aea sword!

Good final episode and nice epilogue, I enjoyed King's Raid.
Mar 26, 2021 6:42 PM

Jul 2011
Frey was many times more useful than Maria.
The true villains of this anime were those damn piece of crap villagers that were outside, and Ilya got stabbed to death and ended not giving Kyle the armor.

Maria run with the tail between legs,after Kyle told what happened. At least Lua maintain her promises, not like a dumb faithless priestess.

Kansel got the consolation prize after defeat the DEMON LORD, become a knight. While usurper family keep the power. That got me bitter.

At the beginning was bad a bad anime, but now looking at the journey was a good journey.
Mar 26, 2021 7:37 PM
Jan 2021
Decent battle and nice ending.

Atleast, Kasel and Frey get their happy ending in anime aka alternate storyline.

It's feel like a fan service to King's Raid Player. Duh, I'm afraid the final chapter gonna destroy my heart completely because this anime show the opposite of game story.

Nice journey, but still disappointed here because they decided not to use game lore in the first place.
Mar 26, 2021 7:50 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I see that Ripine wasn't death at all like i predict before. That's good, that's good. Actually, this is not a bad finalization. Its a decent one with a solid finisher through a certain characters goals. The kingdom under Scarlet order. Riheet also seemed joined the kingdom hierarchy, and may get a nice pair with the princess. Kasel gangs kept in the journey side. Because of their nature as the adventurer from the start of the series. Also, Maria, as her status to be a demon will remain hidden until an unknown times. A bit sad. But, its honestly a decent conclusion.

Unfortunately the whole story is still lame, and pretty much boring with its way of them telling the story. The way they sum thing up for every damn every episode, plus two full recap heavy episodes, its bring more anxiety to my enjoyment. The slow pace at some degrees, truly a painful experience. That was indeed a let down through the whole experience i had. Such an unfortunate, even the ost and good final episode can't save it....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 26, 2021 8:43 PM

Jan 2020
A solid enough conclusion for a series I won't miss a whole lot sadly. It was a tough battle but Kasel and the other won so all is well.

I like my happy endings and I'm pretty satisfied with the way everything finished and as a standalone episode, I thought it was pretty good.

Mar 27, 2021 3:40 AM

Oct 2020
It was a decent ending. Everyone got their happy ending. I wish the fight the dark lord could be more epic than that but it was the battle was for one episode only so it reasonable. I also wish we get to see Princess Scarlett interact with Kasel. How will she talk to him after she learns that Kasel was the one who supposes to be King before nobles try to eliminate his family?
Mar 27, 2021 4:33 AM
Jan 2021
Eden08 said:
It was a decent ending. Everyone got their happy ending. I wish the fight the dark lord could be more epic than that but it was the battle was for one episode only so it reasonable. I also wish we get to see Princess Scarlett interact with Kasel. How will she talk to him after she learns that Kasel was the one who supposes to be King before nobles try to eliminate his family?

In the game, Kasel meet Scarlet and have long talk about everything. Also, Scarlet fight Kasel to test his power is real or not.

Scarlet in the game story is quite strong, stronger than Clause & Demia.
Mar 27, 2021 10:10 AM

Jul 2015
It was actually a fun show to watch. i mean the start was king slow and boring, like typical hero going on a journey to defeat the dark lord and stuff but later it become ok. also the animation improved in the 2ed cour later on and OP/ED was alright.

Interesting part of the story was the dark elf guys, they hyped them in ED and throughout story but their impact was kind of strange and unique and somewhat refreshing.

So overall although it was generic, ill give it 8/10 (pretty generous i know, but i actually enjoyed the show.)
Mar 27, 2021 3:22 PM

May 2018
Wlep, that's all folks......................................
Mar 27, 2021 10:16 PM

Oct 2017
I really like fantasy animes and this one had a typical story with a beautiful hero journey, it had a lot of boring parts but with nice moments and a satisfying ending.

I really enjoyed Kasel's party with the classic main rpg classes I would like more worldbuilding to know more about the history of the world and the goddesses
Mar 28, 2021 3:23 AM
Jul 2020
Chanbara said:
I really like fantasy animes and this one had a typical story with a beautiful hero journey, it had a lot of boring parts but with nice moments and a satisfying ending.

I really enjoyed Kasel's party with the classic main rpg classes I would like more worldbuilding to know more about the history of the world and the goddesses

If so then you should play the game because it exploits those things very interesting, you will see how big the world is.
Mar 28, 2021 6:31 AM

Sep 2019
Happy ending but I wanted a close ending where Frey, Selene and Kasel was living happily ever after with their child.
Mar 28, 2021 6:49 AM

Oct 2017
Janextheo02 said:
Chanbara said:

If so then you should play the game because it exploits those things very interesting, you will see how big the world is.

Really? I will start playing
Thanks
Mar 28, 2021 9:47 AM

Jan 2013
Ugh finally over. I put this one on par with Re Zero's lackluster S2. What a snoozefest..... 3/10
Mar 28, 2021 3:08 PM
Apr 2018
I quite enjoyed this anime, I was hoping a put more of a kick in this final episode as it was a big build up to the final battle. I think it ended well on a positive note and a. Possible cliff hanger for a future season. If they do go for a second season I'm hoping for a better crunch on some of the fight scenes. I felt there were a few missed opportunities on some scenes where they could really kick it up a notch. But regardless I enjoyed the plot and story.
Mar 28, 2021 5:28 PM
Jul 2020
Chanbara said:
Janextheo02 said:

Really? I will start playing
Thanks

But as long as you have to read the details of the plot of the characters other than the main plot, in general, where many words are written, you need to read to learn more about the world in the game. Because this is a game with a well-built storyline and continuous development.
Mar 28, 2021 9:01 PM

Nov 2018
Only good part of the story was the Dark Elf eps; too bad they tanked that. All you can say beyond that is that they had some good character designs.
Mar 29, 2021 10:39 AM

Dec 2016
Wait, so Riheet's sister was alive?

That went really smoothly. Thought it would be more difficult to defeat Angmund...guess it was all Thanks to Riheet for having that pendant with him at that time.

Anyway, this predictable anime has finally ended.

Gonna give it 6/10 for being too predictable.
Mar 30, 2021 12:38 AM

Oct 2011
I was really disappointed with the ending, it felt like they were building up to a climax and it just felt flat and rushed. Wished they went into more detail about the pendant and why Kyle became the next demon king and how he saved the sword.

But at least the build up was decent 6/10
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

Mar 30, 2021 12:39 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! who would have tought...!? Ripine is alive!
so after all things has resolved, why didn't Kasel & Frey f*ck already!?
why did Riheet never made Scarlet his s3x slave?? oh man...
4/5.
6/10.
matias067Mar 30, 2021 12:45 AM

Mar 30, 2021 4:37 AM

Mar 2009
Wait, what? Ripine is alive? What about that black feather? Isn't that related to Maria? Did she disguise herself as Ripine? I'm so confused.

Oh, hey. An actual ending and epilogue. That's always surprising when it comes to these adaptations, even if they clearly diverge from the source material.

I liked this show. *shrugs*
Decent enough fantasy anime. Dark elves storyline was always interesting, but it was a shame how they all went out like that. Related to that, the scene with the red-head girl in this episode stung a bit. Poor girl. I wanted those two to be happy. On the other hand, nice to see the orphan girl finally leave the orphanage with her father. I'm happy for her. Anyway, I was quite fond of Cleo, Riheet, and Scarlet. Thought they were good characters overall. Was a fun show for what it was. Certainly a hell of a lot better than Hortensia Saga.
Mar 31, 2021 8:31 AM

Jul 2017
I'll be going for the unpopular opinion here. So, i think King's Raid was an awesome show. The show that puts all the other mobile game adaptations in the pocket. It had a simple yet compelling story that was easy to follow and I was completely interested on this as each episode went by. Kasel's side of the story was your typical adventure journey to find the Holy Sword along with his companions, well, he might be a bland character overall, but i think he isn't that bad, his companions were quite loveable as well, especially the girls, Frey and Cleo (a clutz, but she's funny xd), loved the character design too. The Dark Elves side of the story was the darker one, and my favorite in this show. Riheet is that kind of character that doesn't waste time with pointless dialogue and gets right to the point, i really liked that about him. So yeah, this anime presented me with something surprising and i absolutely love surprises. Most of the time it was predictable, but in all honesty, it didn't really change my opinion on this show, I just genuinely liked what I saw here.

8/10 never thought I'd give a score like this to a mobile game anime, but thats just goes to show how much I've enjoyed it
Apr 2, 2021 5:29 PM

Dec 2015
lol I forgot about the last episode of this trash and the trash will go on...
Apr 4, 2021 3:19 AM

Oct 2009
It's different story with the Game version

The didnt make fally frey and fallen kasel huft

Apr 4, 2021 7:09 AM

May 2009
Misel_chan said:
It's different story with the Game version

The didnt make fally frey and fallen kasel huft

No one wanted it anyway https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-11-28/king-raid-anime-blu-ray-disc-release-canceled/.166802
Apr 24, 2021 1:04 AM

Jul 2015
I quite enjoyed the dark elves part and the few plottwist concerning king kyle but the rest felt rather bland and predictable. Overall still enjoyed this as your typical fantasy story.

Apr 24, 2021 11:50 PM

Oct 2012
Enjoyed the last two episodes and kinda like the overall plot but the series itself just seemed to... drag on ... forever. So glad it's over.
May 10, 2021 1:56 PM

Mar 2020
Everyone lived happy ever after!

...and then Scarlet woke up
...and then Clause woke up
...and then Kasel didn't wake up, he can sleep talk telepathically occasionally tho
May 14, 2021 8:56 PM

Feb 2014

In general, it does things correctly.... only if this anime wasnt this big (there was even 2 recap episodes >.< )

I am feeling like rating 7/10

It´s a fine anime (which would be a 6/10), but it does everything correctly from start to end. So I am planning giving it this +1 bonus point.

Also, I am happy princess and Riheet relationship didnt turn out to be a romantic one. That would surely bother me.

TechOtakuMay 14, 2021 9:17 PM
May 14, 2021 9:00 PM

Feb 2014
Mormegil said:
Wait, what? Ripine is alive? What about that black feather? Isn't that related to Maria? Did she disguise herself as Ripine? I'm so confused.

My guess is that Ripine was never dead, she was just very wounded. Maria was probably taking care of her this whole time, secretly, until she managed to recover.

That is just my guess, though.

TechOtakuMay 14, 2021 9:09 PM
May 24, 2021 9:49 PM

Nov 2019
The first half can veer into actually bad territory, with its main saving grace being the dark elves. Who unfortunately appear quite infrequently.

The second half starts out notably better, but deteriorates rather quickly to end up average at best. Which, while better than what it started out as, ultimately leaves little reason to bother fighting your way through that exceptionally lackluster first half.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » King's Raid: Ishi wo Tsugumono-tachi Episode 4 Discussion

Meip - Oct 23, 2020

25 by Saku33 »»
Nov 18, 2023 5:01 AM

» Could be good but trash mc?

InevitablyKyon - Oct 11, 2020

5 by Piromysl »»
Apr 26, 2023 4:31 PM

Poll: » King's Raid: Ishi wo Tsugumono-tachi Episode 17 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 22, 2021

22 by jiajia »»
Jan 23, 2023 12:46 PM

Poll: » King's Raid: Ishi wo Tsugumono-tachi Episode 9 Discussion

Ashhk - Nov 27, 2020

20 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Jan 10, 2023 8:06 PM

Poll: » King's Raid: Ishi wo Tsugumono-tachi Episode 25 Discussion

Marinate1016 - Mar 19, 2021

16 by HeroVladimir93 »»
Oct 1, 2022 6:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.