Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2021 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
All the training, emotions, and drama came down to this. We got Legoshi finally ready to settle the score.

The duel is exactly how I had expected, a brawl between two animals but also with small talk thrown in. Legoshi really has come a long way to prove a point. Music also made this episode feel meaningful and important. Only slight problem I had with the finale is the dark lighting. A lot of the scenes took place in the dark making some parts harder to see.

Decent season imo.
Mar 24, 2021 10:28 AM

Jul 2017
HMM...very interesting to play the ED for the OP sequence.

To animate the scene between Ibuki and Louis in the dark, that's an aesthetic, but the gunshot was merely one of the Shishigumi lackeys (Free) who did the deed. In the trading of his death, it's worth the run for Louis to see the outcome of Legosi's fight.

At long last, the New Year's Eve fight between Legosi and Riz is underway, and it's just as bloody as one would've thought. The reconciliation between carnivores...will have to hold because of Louis.

Honestly, I feel bad for Louis, being one with the loudest mouth but having no strength to protect when situations call for it, and Legosi being the exact opposite of him, who is he to stop Legosi in his fight with Riz? Telling Legosi to eat his leg to release him from the curse, a sign of the past released and the evolution into a wild wolf to finish things off.

The bond between a carnivore and a herbivore...has reached its end with Legosi triumphing over Riz, but still getting sent to the police for interrogation and then a criminal record.

What an end to yet another marvellous season of Beastars, but not hoping for a Season 3.
KANLen09Mar 25, 2021 7:58 AM
Mar 24, 2021 2:58 PM

Nov 2019
As expected. No tease nor confirnation of a season 3. There will need to be a lot of things they need to fix if theyre gonna do a proper s3 adaptation!

But lets get into the episode! I feel like this was a bit rushed. A lot of the moments i enjoyed from the manga were cut. Like the moment the police came in and the interogation part! Felt like this couldve been at least a 45 min episode! But still great episode nonetheless! Fight scenes were great! Still think they couldve reworked that moth scene. Lol. And then super saiyan legosi.

With what they did this season, i can understand why they had to cut the intorduction of my fave character. Still sad about that but it is what it is. Haha. Im sure manga readers here can tell who that is~ :D but hope they make OVAs for em! Would really like that!
Mar 24, 2021 3:03 PM
Feb 2015
Gosha32 said:
As expected. No tease nor confirnation of a season 3. There will need to be a lot of things they need to fix if theyre gonna do a proper s3 adaptation!

But lets get into the episode! I feel like this was a bit rushed. A lot of the moments i enjoyed from the manga were cut. Like the moment the police came in and the interogation part! Felt like this couldve been at least a 45 min episode! But still great episode nonetheless! Fight scenes were great! Still think they couldve reworked that moth scene. Lol. And then super saiyan legosi.

With what they did this season, i can understand why they had to cut the intorduction of my fave character. Still sad about that but it is what it is. Haha. Im sure manga readers here can tell who that is~ :D but hope they make OVAs for em! Would really like that!

I agree. Cuts had to have been made, but I feel that this season was pretty great as an adaptation. The 12 episode format is just cursed tbh
Mar 24, 2021 7:22 PM
Feb 2017
when's it coming out in english sub?
It's Aiko!!!!
Mar 24, 2021 8:10 PM

Nov 2014
They've cut out lots of content this season, but overall it's pretty great. They managed to rearrange and cut scenes in a way that flows well and makes sense. The changes in dialogues also fits the anime version of the story, and the end of this episode summarized the scenes it skipped pretty well. I like how Louis offering his leg to Legosi alludes to episode 1 of season 1 when he pulled Legosi by his tie and said "If I offer my leg to you, you'd drool and happily accept my request" (or something like that). It sucks that Ibuki has to die so Louis has a reason to quit the Shishigumi (since one of his underling tried to eat him so he's forced to leave)

If you like this season and want a fuller experience (and see what content they skipped), read the manga starting from Chapter 54. By the way, season 1 also skipped and changed lots of stuff (after all, they're stuffing 100 chapters into 2 cours (24 episodes) so there're bound to be lots of stuff cut out), so if I were you I'd read from Chapter 1. The manga is way crazier than the anime imo.

Anyway, onto the things changed/deleted. I'll also spoil Legosi's backstory that was cut out since a season 3 wasn't announced:

Season 2 ends on Chapter 96.
ttcchenMar 25, 2021 11:08 AM
Mar 24, 2021 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
this was a pretty nice final episode, the fight was kinda anticlimactic but i feel like it was better that way, felt more real. glad everything was solved in the end but kinda sad that the lion dude died, wonder where the story will go from now? overall i'd rate this season a 5/10.
ttcchen said:
They've cut out lots of content this season, but overall it's pretty great. They managed to rearrange and cut scenes in a way that flows well and makes sense. The changes in dialogues also fits the anime version of the story, and the end of this episode summarized the scenes it skipped pretty well. I like how Louis offering his leg to Legosi alludes to episode 1 of season 1 when he pulled Legosi by his tie and said "If I offer my leg to you, you'd drool and happily accept my request" (or something like that). It sucks that Ibuki has to die so Louis has a reason to quit the Shishigumi (since one of his underling tried to eat him so he's forced to leave)

If you like this season and want a fuller experience (and see what content they skipped), read the manga starting from Chapter 54. By the way, season 1 also skipped and changed lots of stuff (after all, they're stuffing 100 chapters into 2 cours (24 episodes) so there're bound to be lots of stuff cut out), so if I were you I'd read from Chapter 1. The manga is way crazier than the anime imo.

Anyway, onto the things changed/deleted. I'll also spoil Legosi's backstory that was cut out since a season 3 wasn't announced:

thanks for always doing this for us all, you've really been a big help.
Mar 24, 2021 8:44 PM

Apr 2019
and with that, beastars season 2 is over!

this episode started with the ED, didn't realize that it was actually the car ride from last ep until wacthing it this time, man RIP Ibuki.

the fight was really well done, liked the monologues and breaks we had in between. in the end Riz finally accepted his loss, better not see him eating any animals any time soon. little bit of a bittersweet ending, but a great one.

i found it interesting how legosi ate louis' foot with the number on it (supposedly black market). they've both opened up and shown their full selves. hope riz can learn from their relationship.

8/10.

Mar 24, 2021 8:51 PM

Apr 2019
ttcchen said:

dam, that's like a whole backstory, would like to see this in season 3..

Mar 24, 2021 8:54 PM

Jun 2015
Well it's a shame they had to get rid of all cliffhangers from the chapters of this fight and the epilogue had to be rushed, but it was a fine season still. If there is ever a Season 3, I'm afraid it will be full of flaws unless the staff does a free interpretation like until now
Mar 24, 2021 8:57 PM

Nov 2019
Damn i was hoping that theyd give a teaser of s3 since they showed 2 major characters already
Mar 24, 2021 9:03 PM
Jul 2018
Simply amazing how they executed the layers and themes in this finale.

Legoshi, Louis and Riz = all three finally being free from their own complex and unique tormenting shackles of their haunting past affecting their way to live life, until now.

Excellent season.
Mar 24, 2021 9:03 PM
Feb 2015
Switch_Z said:
Well it's a shame they had to get rid of all cliffhangers from the chapters of this fight and the epilogue had to be rushed, but it was a fine season still. If there is ever a Season 3, I'm afraid it will be full of flaws unless the staff does a free interpretation like until now

I would say a season 3 would be fine. A season 4, however, would be where things go down the toilet unless it goes anime original.
Mar 24, 2021 9:07 PM

Jun 2015
yungthoticus said:
Switch_Z said:

I would say a season 3 would be fine. A season 4, however, would be where things go down the toilet unless it goes anime original.

Hmm yeah, you're right.
Mar 24, 2021 10:10 PM

Dec 2019
yungthoticus said:
Switch_Z said:

Ahh man. I honestly think this season would be the safest place to end the anime, cz a lot of stuff that happens next arc ties in with the final arc.

Also
Mar 24, 2021 10:36 PM
Sep 2018
Will there be any more season in future?

I just loving this show episode by episode. This anime is certainly for not everyone and what an interesting joyride...

Let's see if we get more...
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Mar 24, 2021 11:41 PM

Oct 2017
In one word this was beautiful. Legosi finally ate meat and who would have thought that it was gonna be Louis's leg. Louis also changed a lot in the span of this two season. Legosi and Louis' bond is legit great. He looked badass with his spiky fur.

Another good season from Bestars, now we need season 3 announcement soon.
Mar 24, 2021 11:48 PM

Dec 2019
Ciezul said:

I just loving this show episode by episode. This anime is certainly for not everyone and what an interesting joyride...

It's possible that we could get a season3 because of uncovered source material, but the problem is that the general consensus of manga readers didn't like the last arc, and the next arc ties in with the last arc.
Mar 25, 2021 12:23 AM

Oct 2020
Ibuki's death was so heart-wrenching. The final showdown between Riz and Legoshi was very interesting. The two exchanged words and fought fiercely. The break when Legoshi wanted to learn more about Riz's side of the story really shows the personality of Legoshi. Seeing Louis cry surprised me a bit. Legoshi's form after he ate Louis' foot was so Sugoi!!! Overall, this final episode solved many of the problems the characters had. Riz finally realizes his wrongdoings and, Louis finally reveals his true personality. This was a fitting finale.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2021 12:47 AM
Nov 2016
Pretty solid season, I disliked the super-powers though but I still enjoyed the season nonetheless.

Riz is an interesting villain, he's not your usual bad guy that is bad just for the sake of it, Riz is pretty deep, that's a good written villain. I also wanted to see more from Haru, she barely appeared in this season but that's ok, the other characters also needed to shine.

Hopefully we get a season 3 but according to some people the manga went downhill so that's concerning.

Anyway, I give this season a 8.5/10
Mar 25, 2021 12:51 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, so that's the end of Beastar S2! The episode come up with a mellow tone, everywhere, then finish in such to that way. Truly leaving my mouth in a bad tastes, ngl.

The ed became the op to match the Ibuki scene. That was surely a nice direction. Unfortunately the scene after that was a bit of anticlimactic. Ibuki just left like that. Free shot from the outside, exactly pierced the poor lion without a better good bye, or did a more flashback to strengthened the emotions. They should've make it better than like that!

The second one with Riz and Legosi too. Honestly, the end really not into my expectations with how Legosi got such a boost up. Then its finished with nothing rather just told Riz to gave up. A bit naive if my word is right. But, well, maybe they depicted it into more of the drama element in these final rather than do it with more hype of their fights. So, everything just end up in such a mellow tone, without more brawls with the fatal blows. Riz, surrendered, the sudden change of his deep motivation really dissapointed me. He should've fight it til the death....

Anyway, its already over. In a summary, i honestly wanna give this S2 a solid 10. But that conclusion, kinda get off my end expectations, honestly. Even HaruxLegosi just done like that. Then, the Ibuki part too, its less powerful, decreasing my enjoyment, and suddenly its feel empty in one sec. I am sad, minus two for all of that ....

Beastars S2 still hold on my 8/10. Case closed.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 25, 2021 12:54 AM

Aug 2020
To be honest this season made no sense. average. 6/10
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Mar 25, 2021 12:58 AM

Sep 2019
The scene where Louis gave his Leg to Legoshi was great, he looked really strong after he ate that. I loved the fight but didn’t like how it ended. I guess I wanted one of them to die but none of them died, not even Pina.

Well, I really liked this season even though I didn’t like the finale. Both the OP and the ED were amazing, Yoasobi delivered once again. I loved them revealing Riz’s secret and his “friendship” with Tem.
Mar 25, 2021 1:05 AM
Nov 2020
Aw man the other episodes were much better than this, felt so freaking rushed and I havent even read the manga. This season felt more intense but more rushed as opposed to the first season which actually was paced quite nicely but it was less intense and focused on the relationships of sidecharacters more
Mar 25, 2021 1:28 AM

Jan 2019
I had this anime as a 10 before the terribly abrupt anticlamatic last episode. Too bad.
Mar 25, 2021 2:17 AM
Sep 2018
Xesty17 said:
Ciezul said:

It's possible that we could get a season3 because of uncovered source material, but the problem is that the general consensus of manga readers didn't like the last arc, and the next arc ties in with the last arc.

That's concerning. After seeing The Promised Neverland, even after putting into on hold list, I can't hope for Anime Original for Beastars too.

Let's just hope...
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Mar 25, 2021 2:54 AM

Jun 2019
Really enjoyed this season. The bond b/w Louis and Legoshi just got stronger. A lot of emotions were there as well. And some cool action was involved as well. Going to miss this. I love Legoshi's adorable smile at the end. I hope we get a 3rd season.
Mar 25, 2021 3:03 AM
Apr 2019
Felt like a really strange episode, as though Legoshi forgot everything he stood for. What happened to that frustration he held for Riz? In the end he degrades to his level...
Mar 25, 2021 3:34 AM

Apr 2016
was a bit too awkward for me, but i guess that's how Legosi is
Mar 25, 2021 4:12 AM
Dec 2020
These last Episodes of Beastars were all amazing. I fucking love this series so much and now that I completed the second season I can start to read the manga
Mar 25, 2021 4:15 AM

Apr 2020
The final could have been better but I'll still think overall it was better than S1. 8/10 hoping for S3.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 25, 2021 4:57 AM
Sep 2015
Alright, good episode overall but a bit anticlimatic to me. And can someone explain why Ibuki told Louis to shoot him in order to end the relationship?
Mar 25, 2021 6:21 AM

Feb 2014
Damn I never seen a fight this chill with even the blood lust brimming in the air. Legosi is just too earnest and Riz though he realized what he'd done still couldn't turn back from his sins. Also Louis-senpai really steeled himself there to cut away his dreaded past by offering his leg a boost. So this had me really wandering, does eating meat really give you the strength we lack.(I've been a vegetarian all my life so this seems kinda intriguing.)

P.S The bunny knows how to play Legosi. Poor boy needs to man up. Season 3 maybe?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 25, 2021 6:22 AM
Jul 2018
am i the only one who thought the fight between legoshi and riz was kinda lackluster. my favorite part was when legoshi was smiling and louis tearing(that one was emotional)
Anyway this season is still my favorite so that didn't change
Mar 25, 2021 6:27 AM
Sep 2014
One of the trashiest endings I've ever seen.

All of the characters decisions completely out of place.
Mar 25, 2021 7:20 AM

Jul 2020
Truly magnificent however the conclusion is a bit anti-climactic in my opinion despite it being a good one, if the ending was better I'd easily give this season a 10/10 but out of all the animes I've watched this season this is the closest to a 10 a show could possibly get.

9.5/10
Mar 25, 2021 7:32 AM
Aug 2020
Huh, that was kinda underwhelming. The animation was fantastic, but the pacing feels off, the very final scene of the episode was a strange choice to end the season with, and Ibuki's death didn't make me feel anything. I've heard that the manga does it better so I'll try to read it sometime.

Also Legosi was really sexy in this episode... still not a furry tho
Mar 25, 2021 7:52 AM

Feb 2019
If it weren't for this last episode, my rating would be one point higher. The fight felt anticlimactic, the best part of the episode were Louis' scenes, although I might be biased.

Overall, a good season. Not as good as the previous one for me story-wise, but Orange knocked it out of the park in this one when it comes to the visuals and the cinematography. At times, the writing and directing felt like a roller-coaster: some exceptional episodes, such as episodes 10 and 11, with a few subpar ones (the one with the culprit reveal and, unfortunately, the finale). Still, I really like this series, so I still enjoyed this season.

A solid 8/10 for me for entirety of the season, but this finale was of the level of a 5/10, both in the writing and the directing.
Mar 25, 2021 8:32 AM

May 2019
I was really looking forward to this and it just didn't come up to what I was expecting. A bit of a weird ending, yeah I dunno as always I love relationships explored in this series. But the whole eating his leg and not resolving the fight. Seems rather redundant.

I'm giving 8/10 for the season but honestly, if this episode was better it'd have been a 9. Either way, I enjoyed it, a great show.
Mar 25, 2021 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
noooooooo ibuuuuuuuuuukiiii. Shame he had to die but alas, his death served purpose to Louis' character

and that final fight....wow that was certainly an interesting take. Not the usual constant brawl to the death with nakama power and whatnot, this one felt like less of a 2 people(animals?) wanting to beat the shit out of each other and more of 2 having a heated conflict. It's clear that none of the 2 are fighting just for the sake of fighting, each had their own beliefs. But the 2 things I really loved about this fight were 1.) Riz actually got consequences (got arrested) and didn't just walk away scot-free and 2.) how the fight ended with Riz realizing that herbivores and carnivores can have a proper relationship without being a power struggle

but otherwise this season, while maybe not being as good as the 1st one was still great nonetheless. Especially loved Louis' character throughout this season, and how different he now appears compared to his demeanour in the 1st one

buff Legoshi/10

and as always based @ttcchen for providing such detailed comparisons lol
Mar 25, 2021 9:07 AM

Mar 2017
8/10 this episode felt a bit too rushed compared to what's been going on in the previous 11 eps. Nonetheless, the visuals, VA, and overall quality were pretty great considering the obvious time constraint!

Wow, Legosi's and Louis' friendship is really on a different league - to the point that Louis is okay with offering his leg and Legosi accepting this probably life-saving temptation.

Hoping for a 3rd season with even more of this very special world building!
They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But in spite of that, why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me. It says 'Search for Paradise!' "
*Wolf's Rain, Episode 30; Kiba*
Mar 25, 2021 9:14 AM

Oct 2020
I loved this season so much, it was spectacular. The three ideologies of Legoshi, Louis, and Riz finally converging and releasing each other of their own chains was breathtaking.

Although, I guess Riz is physically in chains now, since he's in jail and all lol.
Mar 25, 2021 9:21 AM

May 2015
Legosi and Louis not managing to follow through and deal with things by themselves was a bit underwhelming, imo. Still loved Louis' arrival but I would rather have seen Legosi deal with Riz with his own strength after all the work he'd put in. And Louis needing to be saved by that other member because of his hesitance, which I get, still takes something away from it for me... It was a good finale, regardless.

Amazing season overall. :)
Mar 25, 2021 9:32 AM

Dec 2016
Louis have reached a breakdown :( It was sweet of him to show his feelings to Legoshi, and the smile both exchanged were super cute to watch ^w^
So in the end Legoshi hadn't confessed his true feelings to Haru? What is that wolf doing?? >_>

Amazing season! It was a blast! Waiting patiently for more episodes in the future if a new season would come :D

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 25, 2021 10:26 AM

May 2009
Amazing season. Good follow-up to the last season.
I love how I like it more and less at the same time, lol.
And I love how I love the cliches. But at the same time.. they are not?
It is quite weird. I can't explain :')

No "fin" at the end could mean more season to come out.
I would be quite dissapointed if they did not continue this.
Like last season it's a 9/10 for me. Would recommend to everyone!
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Mar 25, 2021 10:28 AM
Mar 2015
Too bad Ibuki had to die it did give Louis the impetus to save Legosi His relationship with Haru was left up in the air Wonder if they will finish the manga
Mar 25, 2021 10:52 AM

May 2008
Ruckle said:
One of the trashiest endings I've ever seen.

All of the characters decisions completely out of place.

same. Last episode just didn't make sense, or maybe I just didnt focus enough to pick symbolics or whatever? Like why exactly Ibuki had to die, why Legoshi was so stupid to ask Louis to come watch his fight (so Riz could eat him too?). Why in all previous episodes they made huge meaning that not eating meat can make you strong too, while in last they all forgot about it and Legoshi immediately got super strong and muscled just bc of one leg? So why in black market no one is like that too? Because they don't know true meaning of meat? That made training with panda just pointless. And Louis giving his leg was just random and Legoshi quickly jumping for it (he was so against eating any meat before) was stupid and pointless if they just went to police anyway. I just dont like how author or producers (because i dont know if any of these were explained or described in more details in manga) made this episode so full of plotholes Also why that other lion was so quick to jump to let Louis leave mafia? They were so into idea of him being their boss, Louis too - we got to watch him develop there for like 10 episodes and then he just quit in one minute and everyone were happy for him to do that. Bromance between Legoshi and Louis was also a bit too much for me - they didnt get along before and suddenly they're like best friends. Maybe I just saw Louis getting irritated around Legoshi and other one just being awkward that I didnt expect them to end like that.
Mar 25, 2021 11:10 AM

Aug 2012
I'm an anime only and honestly the last episode with Legoshi eating Louis' leg didn't make sense for me at all and was kinda fucked up. I know Louis gave his consent but even then, what made Legoshi think it was ok to eat his fucking leg. What was the point in enduring all that harsh training just to throw everything away he had achieved. It would have been a better conclusion if Legoshi just won with his own strength and showed Riz what a genuine friendship between a carnivore and herbivore is like in a different way.
Mar 25, 2021 11:16 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
I enjoyed this season.

It was interesting to see Louis commit to leaving his gangster phase, and then sacrifice his foot to Legoshi in order for him to win the final duel versus Riz.

I'm looking forward to what will happen next season, with Legoshi dropping out of school and having a criminal record now.
Mar 25, 2021 12:17 PM

Jul 2014
That's it? Huh... that was pretty underwhelming. I dunno, I'm pretty indifferent to everything that happened in this episode. It was weird and not impactful.

I still think it was a pretty good season overall, but definitely a step back from the wonderful first season.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

102 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:23 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2021

63 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:44 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2021

137 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.