Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 18, 2021 4:24 AM
Jan 2020
after the success that sousou no frieren does, probably we get an anime adaptation this year
I have no doubt
what do you guys think about the studio?
Mar 18, 2021 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
I can't wait until we get an anime adaptation but this year might be a little too soon.

I think that Kyoto Animation would be a very good studio for Sousou no Frieren if not the best.
Mar 18, 2021 10:33 AM

Mar 2020
I feel like White Fox would be perfect for this but they don’t really do manga adaptations so that’s unlikely
CloverWorks could pick it up since they need something popular to make more money
And Kyo Ani would be cool but there’s 0% chance that they will do it
Tendo_GMJun 10, 2021 3:42 AM
Mar 18, 2021 2:29 PM
Aug 2020
It'll definitely happen eventually.
Mar 19, 2021 7:15 AM

Apr 2018
I'm not sure, there are still few chapters to make an early adaptation. But I wish there were, the manga is very good.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Mar 19, 2021 9:30 AM
Jan 2020
Kooorii said:
It's likely it will get an anime adaptation, it's just a matter of time. It just won the Manga Taisho Award, and the volume sales are decent. It’s also no.56 position in the ranking for the manga people want animated 2021 so there is some interest although it could've been a bit higher.

yes, that's true?
did you think who the best studio for it
Mar 20, 2021 8:54 AM
Jan 2020
no problem
yeah, most of these studios you mentioned so well especially brain's base
Mar 28, 2021 6:16 PM

May 2019
At least in the animation of facial expressions, that studio of Ex-Arm anime would do a satisfactory loyal adaptation from manga.
Apr 9, 2021 9:37 AM
UltimateEnforcer

Apr 2015
Kooorii said:
It's likely it will get an anime adaptation, it's just a matter of time. It just won the Manga Taisho Award, and the volume sales are decent. It’s also no.56 position in the ranking for the manga people want animated 2021 so there is some interest although it could've been a bit higher.

I think only the top 10 are actually ranked and then the rest are just what people could vote for, because the series that came in 1st in the 81st thing on that list.
Apr 12, 2021 1:18 PM
Aug 2016
Idk how can you guys fap so hard praying for an anime for a manga that has 4 volumes. This, just because when it'll actually come out you will just complain how the manga is better. Meh.
Apr 12, 2021 1:30 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Hebi_op said:
Idk how can you guys fap so hard praying for an anime for a manga that has 4 volumes. This, just because when it'll actually come out you will just complain how the manga is better. Meh.

Personally, I don't really care whether the anime turns out worse or better than the manga (though I always wish for it to be better). All I really care about is the fact that an anime will promote this manga to a wider audience, thus having more people start reading this masterpiece.

Some people just like seeing the characters they love animated, no matter the quality of the show they're in. And of course they would be disappointed when a manga as amazing as this one does not become as equally as amazing.

Also, I don't really understand how the fact that it has 4 volumes or less/more affect our wish for this manga to be animated. If it's an amazing manga, it's current length has no influence on whether I think it should get an anime or not. Enjoyment is the only factor which makes me wish for it to have an anime or not :D
Apr 13, 2021 8:50 PM

Mar 2015
too early to get adapted this year. ask again when it has at least 7 volume.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 14, 2021 10:51 AM

Oct 2017
It'll proly get it at some point but not now.
Apr 14, 2021 3:47 PM

Mar 2017
I agree with people that it's too early. I feel like this kind of stuff is announced more around the 100-chapter mark for weekly series so that the manga will be able to go ahead and leave a lot of wiggle room for possible future seasons and to avoid the show catching up too fast. I personally think that Brain's Base would pick up this show as they've done quite a few lower-key fantasy shows in the past like Spice & Wolf, Natsume Yuujinchou, and To Your Eternity right now.
Apr 15, 2021 12:34 AM
Jul 2018
It's gonna take time. This needs to rake up more volumes, so when the anime comes out the series has more volumes for sales afterall mostly peak sales are during the period anime is airing. Also if they adapt it too early S2 will take a lot more time. For a guess I would say announcement around volume 9.

Apr 15, 2021 5:58 AM

May 2015
The manga is not even a year old being published yet, so I don't think this year, but it is getting pretty popular and received recognition in its short period, so it definitely will get an anime soon. I don't know what studio could adapt it, but I just hope that A-1 Pictures/Cloverworks don't put their hands on it.
Apr 18, 2021 9:08 AM

Mar 2019
Tendo_GM said:
I feel like White Fox would be perfect for this but they don’t really do manga adaptations so that’s unlikely
CloverWorks could pick it up since they need something popular to make more money
And Kyo Ani would be cool but I doubt that they will do it

I just hope that if Cloverworks take it, they don't do what they have done with TPN s2.
Or maybe Mushoku Tensei's studio?

𝔏𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔒𝔫 𝔱𝔬 π”žπ”«π”¦π”ͺ𝔒 𝔒𝔑𝔰!
Apr 18, 2021 10:05 AM

Mar 2020
Elzombi47 said:
Tendo_GM said:

I just hope that if Cloverworks take it, they don't do what they have done with TPN s2.

Nope, Studio Bind (Mushoku Tensei creators) is a studio created just to adapt Mushoku Tensei, they are going to just anime MT for the next 5-6 years (depends how long it takes them to adapt the whole novel) and there is no guarantee that they’ll even work on anything after they finish MT.
+ I already mentioned White Fox and Studio Bind is literally just scraped up White Fox employees, Bind is a like a daughter studio of White Fox
Apr 18, 2021 10:10 AM

Mar 2020
Elzombi47 said:
Tendo_GM said:

And CloverWorks is one of the best studios in anime industry right now imo, the stuff that happened to TPN is unfortunate but I don’t really care since there was never any hope for the manga bcs the plot isn’t that great anyways.
CloverWorks has probably the best animation imo, the work they did on Fate/Grand Order Babylonia is one of the best looking animation in the whole industry (but that was with a giant budget), a studio that has that kind of animation caliber is definitely a good pick if you ask me although Frieren isn’t that animation dependent, but they would work something out nevertheless
Apr 18, 2021 10:15 AM

Mar 2019
Tendo_GM said:
Elzombi47 said:

And CloverWorks is one of the best studios in anime industry right now imo, the stuff that happened to TPN is unfortunate but I don’t really care since there was never any hope for the manga bcs the plot isn’t that great anyways.
CloverWorks has probably the best animation imo, the work they did on Fate/Grand Order Babylonia is one of the best looking animation in the whole industry (but that was with a giant budget), a studio that has that kind of animation caliber is definitely a good pick if you ask me although Frieren isn’t that animation dependent, but they would work something out nevertheless

Yeah, Fate babylonia was really well done. I didn't know the White Fox/Bind relationship, good to know that.

𝔏𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔒𝔫 𝔱𝔬 π”žπ”«π”¦π”ͺ𝔒 𝔒𝔑𝔰!
Apr 27, 2021 5:28 PM

Jun 2019
Wit Studio is my ultimate goal, but Bones and Cloverworks are good options too. People need to forget about Kyoani, they don't usually pick series with too much action, their focus will always be slice-of-life and drama, besides, it's pretty unusual they pick series from popular magazines too, they are already very busy with their self-published LNs adaptations
Apr 27, 2021 7:15 PM
Jul 2018
To be clear I only said that KyoAni would be one of the best studio to adapt SnF in my opinion. But I don't think they will, nor expect them to do it at all.

Honestly it's way too soon for an anime adaptation I think but really any studio would be fine as long as they are able to depict the emotions and unique atmosphere of the manga. It's not like it needs a huge budget for action and hype.
Apr 28, 2021 5:15 AM

May 2019
I'm kind of an unwanted guest here, since I haven't read the manga. But going by the title, the poster and the genres, it gives Made in Abyss vibes. So, Kinema Citrus anyone?
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.
Apr 30, 2021 5:29 AM
Jul 2018
Amoh25 said:
I'm kind of an unwanted guest here, since I haven't read the manga. But going by the title, the poster and the genres, it gives Made in Abyss vibes. So, Kinema Citrus anyone?

There is no such thing as an unwanted guest, but having read the manga SnF and watched the anime and the movie of Made in Abyss they don't feel similar at all. In my opinion, Sousou no Frieren is more similar to things like To Your Eternity, Kaguya sama, Violet Evergarden to some extent but not that much either. It is really quite unique.

I feel like the choice of studio would not really matter so much. For an adaptation of SnF to be good, it would require a director who deeply understands how to translate the uniqueness and emotions of the manga into an anime format, which honestly could be quite hard to do.
May 3, 2021 12:00 AM

Jul 2020
probably we get an anime adaptation this year

Yup you really don't understand how anime adaptation works.It usually takes 2 years for a popular Manga to get an anime because of not enough source material.
Elzombi47 said:
Tendo_GM said:

I don't think Mushoku Tensei studio will pick it up because the studio was created only to perfectly adapt Mushoku Tensei.If anything,they may pick up anime other than Mushoku Tensei once they finish fully adapting it.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 4, 2021 1:26 PM
Apr 2019
Any studio among Bones, Brain's Base, TMS Or A1 pictures, maybe?
Jun 9, 2021 11:22 AM
Apr 2016
I personally think the most promising studio to Adapt this one must be Studio Shaft
tavog96Jun 9, 2021 11:29 AM
Jun 15, 2021 8:54 AM
Jan 2020
ok that's sound good
Jun 17, 2021 7:25 AM
Jan 2021
[quote=Tendo_GM message=62377251]I feel like White Fox would be perfect for this but they don’t really do manga adaptations so that’s unlikely
And Kyo Ani would be cool but there’s 0% chance that they will do it[/quote

Eles fizeram de Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
Jun 29, 2021 9:24 AM

Feb 2021
Despite how much I love KyoAni, and along Frienren just doesn't seem to be a fit. KyoAni does great slice of life but the moe-moe aesthetic wouldn't fit here.

White Fox would be my choice though it's highly unlikely. Bones would be a good option too. Also Wits style would be a little too sharp on the edges for Frieren imo.
"The sun rises today and sets again. A flower that bloomed in the morning, falls from its stem. The sun sets today and rises again. Flowers bloom to fill the land, but not the flowers of yesterday..."

Sep 18, 2021 7:41 PM
Apr 2014
JC Staff might be all right too. They have made decent Anime recently such as Danmachi and the Index franchise as well as a good chunk of generic isekai and fantasy anime.

Or cygames. They made Gran blue the animation wich looked stunning too.
Jan 5, 2022 8:24 PM
Jul 2018
JC staff is my pick. They did a wonderful job with Aria and Flying Witch.
Jan 18, 2022 3:39 AM

Mar 2021
It would happen thats for sure
Maybe A1 pictures or KyoAni are the best candidates
Is JC staff any good ?

Shaft is defunct now right ? If they would re appear their main focus would be in monogatari.
Za_PandaJan 22, 2022 2:42 AM
Jan 18, 2022 8:59 AM
Feb 2021
My pick is ufotable. When I read the manga, I always imagine TYPE-MOON animation style that ufotable have used start from Kara no Kyoukai to now. So even tho the chance are very low, I would love ufotable to adapt this.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 130 Discussion

ARK-13 - May 3

10 by Seiign »»
May 8, 7:33 AM

» Frieren on indefinite hiatus, no return date announced

MegamiRem - May 2

21 by Okeanix »»
May 8, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 105 Discussion

MegamiRem - Dec 6, 2022

14 by Marrok506 »»
May 5, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 102 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 11, 2022

20 by Marrok506 »»
May 5, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 99 Discussion

MegamiRem - Aug 30, 2022

21 by Marrok506 »»
May 5, 3:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.