Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 22, 2021 3:35 AM
Jun 2021
one thing pisses me off about Tsukasa when he explained his plans on the trip to go to revive his sister it made more sense. If he had done only that it would have been no problem cause he was right in what he said, However! HE DIDNT NEED TO KILL THOSE PEOPLE HE COULD HAVE JUST LEFT THEM AND REVIVED WHO HE SAW FIT!

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk
Jul 7, 2021 9:38 PM

Aug 2017
Mihaellos said:
I am surprised by people praising Tsukasa. He's a serial killer with a totally poor motivation under the laws of Japan, he would probably have been hanged. This whole situation was solved in an absolutely random way by direct author's intervention.
After all, he is just an offended pussy for the fact that his sister was sick, and evil adults exploited him, giving money to support her existence.
This whole scene is just squalor with Deus ex machina in the form of the author's arbitrariness and a sudden sister.

Not only that, the worst part is Tsukasa didn't explain his true motives until this episode, its worse when he never asked Senku to help him and why he tried to kill him in the first place? Looks like his character was re-written over the course of the story. Yes, Tsukasa's sister is subtly mentioned in the first season but that's no excuse to say his ideology makes sense after this episode. It makes you wonder why Tsukasa never used that revival fluid to help her sister in the first place cuz unexplained reasons -he doesn't needs Senku's help in the first place to find her and "Tsukasa didn't know if the liquid would cure her", "Tsukasa's sister would die immediately without life support", no way a brother who supposedly loves his sister...just leaves her buried there especially when he knows the liquid can cure her lol. HIS ENTIRE CHARACTER WAS RE-WRITTEN, THAT EXPLAINS WHY HE NEVER TOLD SENKU ABOUT HER SISTER IN SEASON 1. With this new past, Tsukasa was just being a kid throwing a tantrum cuz a few adults were mean to him, fun fact: one of them was just drunk lol. The show is saying he murdered people for that. It has nothing to do with his ideology at the end. Well, with the new re-written Tsukasa, his "ideology" never existed, Its just a random backstory to make the show more softer for no reason. This anime should be absurd science with comedy rather than forced motivations and 'wars'. It kinda annoyed me cuz almost everything was just a waste time.

You can mantain her sister existence and Tsukasa's ideology from S1 without any issue. Just make her being killed, Tsukasa's being tortured/abused by adults in a credible way -how tf a random drunk adult and a alcoholic mother make you a murderer?, so forced- being sold to an underground tournament area like other user said. He could be the victim himself or you can include her sister too to make it more personal.

@Ventus_S
@vF_Wackiier
@towelgirl21
@xPhYSiCsx
@HagePotPotato
@YuiTanoshi

I think I know why Tsukasa from S1 and S2 are different characters.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 16, 2021 3:12 AM

Jul 2013
Nurguburu said:

Looks like his character was re-written over the course of the story. Yes, Tsukasa's sister is subtly mentioned in the first season but that's no excuse to say his ideology makes sense after this episode. It makes you wonder why Tsukasa never used that revival fluid to help her sister in the first place cuz unexplained reasons -he doesn't needs Senku's help in the first place to find her and "Tsukasa didn't know if the liquid would cure her", "Tsukasa's sister would die immediately without life support", no way a brother who supposedly loves his sister...just leaves her buried there especially when he knows the liquid can cure her lol. HIS ENTIRE CHARACTER WAS RE-WRITTEN, THAT EXPLAINS WHY HE NEVER TOLD SENKU ABOUT HER SISTER IN SEASON 1. With this new past, Tsukasa was just being a kid throwing a tantrum cuz a few adults were mean to him, fun fact: one of them was just drunk lol. The show is saying he murdered people for that. It has nothing to do with his ideology at the end. Well, with the new re-written Tsukasa, his "ideology" never existed, Its just a random backstory to make the show more softer for no reason. This anime should be absurd science with comedy rather than forced motivations and 'wars'. It kinda annoyed me cuz almost everything was just a waste time.

I've got to say that when you put it like this, it does sound like his character was rewritten, at least in part.

I don't think making him "softer" was for no reason: it has to do with the target audience. Dr. Stone is more on the "kids show" side of anime, and maybe the author wanted to make it less dark. (Whether he needed to is debatable, but that's just my guess.)

Maybe part of the message is that "science can give even a seemingly-heartless bastard hope".

And let's get real: the depetrification fluid is basically magic now.
Dec 22, 2021 6:57 AM

Dec 2007
though things kind wrapped up, it seems to me it isn't over with hyouga-chwan.

kinda felt that tsukasa's story bit force, but made sense with first season story.
senku knows how to play his cards right. and i think he trusts tsuakasa's sister to change tsukasa..
Dec 30, 2021 8:15 AM

Jul 2021
The Science Kingdom battle team luckily managed to buy enough time for Senku to do something that turned the battle around through science.
Now they've made a truce and I'm anxious to know what will happen in the future.
asdasdsadad
Mar 1, 2022 4:01 AM

May 2020
Tsukasa's backstory just at the right time, well we had a glimpse of it in the very first episodes too. And with this seems like there's a temporary truce for now, but ngl i still have my fears for Hyoga.
Aug 22, 2022 3:35 PM

Jan 2011
Thats one bullshit of reasoning.

Reason originally: The old rich guys ruined the world and don't deserve to live.
-> Apparently he was a young rich gu himself. And even if paying for his sisters treatment etc. ate 99% of the money he made, there's lots of young rich guys who think they are the kings of the world. And lots of old guys that got the short end of the stick. Heck, the guys he revived were basically those that do not deserve to live according to his own reasoning. They might not have been rich, but everything else applies.

Reason now: The stone world can't support that many people, and the revival fluid might not last forever

What did he do? Try to kill anyone who might find a solution to support more people, and revive dozen to hundreds of big strong guys who need a lot of food and who have no idea how to live sustainable first. He didn't even try to argue that they should only go to a certain level or certain technologies, e.g. having farms, maybe water power, but no electricity or worse, burning coal etc., it was all or nothing (with nothing meaning him decdicing on a whim whats okay, he even acknowledged that they use some "science", or was that Hyoga?).

If he continued, he might have revived more people then the area can support (overhunting, we didn't even see them gather fruits). And he might actually run out of revival fluid, given that it's true that is it not known how long it will last. Whereas "science" offers food, the option to figure out how many people can be supported given various circumstances, sooner or later figuring out what the revival fluid actually is (simply nitric acid or something more?), maybe producing it on their own etc. And of course there's the matter of what ails his little sister. Today's medicine is apparently not able to heal her, but he knows that Senku is a genius. And she's as safe as she can possible can be while being enclosed in stone. They have literally all the time in the world to figure it out. The only problem is that he might die before a solution is found..but what he did certainly did not help, even if it was only a year so far.

Neither reason he gave was reflected in his actions, and for his goal to let his sister have a good life, both were kinda counterproductive. They needed an antagonist, so they made up a reason, and now they needed a reason why he might agree to a truce after writing themselves into a corner with the previous episode. Tsukasa is lliterally a walking plot device, he's always there where they need him, and always does what needs to be done to drive the plot in a certain direction. A real character would not be good at everything, be everywhere at once, and his actions and motives match (unless you don't know their true motives, but for Tsukasa, his actions matched his stated reason, not his hidden motive, so there was no discrepancy until now).

This is not a unique problem to Dr. Stone, sure, but given that the writers are all about science and being logical, both Senku and Tsukasa (and therefore the whoel show) are kinda badly written.
Sep 8, 2022 10:38 AM
Jun 2015
With Tsukasa's backstory revealed he went from pretty lame antagonist to unbelievably stupid. Want to purify humanity, can mildly bite that, but banning the thing which allowed you to keep your dear sister alive for all the years you went full monke mode in the ring? Sounds like poor logic were murdered pretty hard, although after blatant denial of laws of physics it sounds like a perfectly logical thing. Whole fight were absolute ass as well, there were not a single moment of tension because of how blatantly "plot needs good guys to lose at a moment" were shoehorned.
Oct 2, 2022 12:03 PM
Dec 2014
This season has been dreadfully bad
Mar 31, 2023 2:19 PM

Oct 2013
They won, with the help of nitroglycerin and depetrification side-effects.

Tsukasa is an interesting person. He cared about his sister and was ready to fully devote his life to help her in any way, but at the same time decided to get rid of old people once he woke up in the Stone World.

A man with many opposites, indeed. I think what drove him the most on his mission of destroying statues was rather sadness and disappointment over "the world of adults" he remembered back from 21st century.
Apr 2, 2023 7:50 AM

Jan 2021
nitroglicorin go BANG!
Dec 5, 2023 5:35 AM

Aug 2022
I was so happy to see that Ukyo was still alive! Definitely the most interesting character they've introduced this season. Just like a real submarine, Ukyo ends up being the missile launcher that creates peace. The insight into Tsukasa's past really had me rethink my opinion of him. I actually completely forgot he told the story of making a shell necklace for his sick sister to Senku in the previous season. I really hope this truce will turn into actual friendship. The only one that I really dislike now is Hyoga, who didn't hold back for even a second before trying to kill his former teammates
Jan 13, 4:53 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to Ellenwitch
I mean, Tsukasa was never really a bad dude. Never was. He just had the motives of building a new and better world, one that isn't seemed controlled by in his view, older generation. His backstory in this episode even shows it further, with how his home life seemed, and how elder people just picked on him, but also some just used him as a prop for entertainment. He's never been a bad guy, or a villain. If only him and Senku were on the same page, this new world prob would've looked very promising, not that it isn't. But is what it is.

Loved the episode, just saw a few thinking Tsukasa was a villain, when he clearly is not.
@Ellenwitch fr I never really seen him as a villain
Jan 13, 4:53 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to xSirus
How are tsukasa and his sister around the same age in one flashback and in the next one he is like 10 years older than her? Dont get it
@xSirus she’s brain dead😭😭😭
Jan 13, 4:55 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to Blue_Maroon
That ended rather conveniently.

They sure made dynamite very quickly given they didn’t know what materials they had. They also lucked out with Tsukasa and Hyoga not killing anyone or taking them hostage.

Tsukasa turning is fine, but I am not buying them finding his sister that easily. Even if that is where the hospital was there is so much ground to cover and it is very unlikely that she would be around the same spot after 1000s of years.

The action in this series continues to be bad too. So many static frames and talking inbetween.

Also, Tsukasa’s explanation was complete BS. I get not wanting to revive a bunch of people right away, but destroying the statues has nothing to do with that. That is effectively killing them if all the pieces aren’t put back together, which is completely unnecessary given that ideology (which was to kill the “corrupted” adults, although that seems to have been forgotten).
@Blue_Maroon fr like how did they find her. She probably been moved so far awat at that point
Jan 13, 4:56 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to animerx
I'm a bit confused. What was stopping Tsukasa from reviving his sister as soon as he obtained the revival fluid?
@animerx I think he thought that it won’t do anything to help her
Jan 13, 4:56 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to Chanbara
Basiccake said:
I'm a bit confused. What was stopping Tsukasa from reviving his sister as soon as he obtained the revival fluid?

Mirai was in a coma he would not revive her to die without the equipment to keep her alive. Tsukasa did not know that petrification has this healing power.
@Chanbara exactly
Feb 28, 10:26 PM
Dec 2022
Tsukasa op
Chrome sulfuric acid clutch

DYNAMITE RAAAAAAAAA
Ceasefire time?
TSUKASA LORE

Tsukasa has one chance to revive his sister but they must form a truce.
THE STONE WARS ARE OVER!!! LETS GOOOOO
I was expecting there to be bigger battle

Are we Dr. Stone: Stone Wars finally back?
Mar 20, 6:46 AM

Jun 2017
Tsukasa's past isn't enough to compensate for what he did. He didn't know that those stoned people he broke could be revived, so he deliberately killed them with no remorse. His reason wasn't good enough for me.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

237 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 9, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

130 by sadsaggyballs »»
Mar 27, 10:56 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

181 by KoniginElle »»
Mar 20, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

129 by KoniginElle »»
Mar 18, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2021

134 by KoniginElle »»
Mar 15, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.