Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2021 5:12 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at 00:38 (JST) This thread has been unlocked

Concerning spoilers: Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeMar 7, 2021 7:38 AM
Mar 7, 2021 7:38 AM

Jul 2019
Great episode. 10/10 quality. Liked the voice acting here a lot. Really conveyed well. I feel bad for Kaya and her family did not deserve that loss.

Eren here to roast somebody too. Yeagerists are winning now. Especially with Zeke wine out like some kind of covid.

Apr 2020
Gabi was always saved by Falco, it should be Gabi who got hit by Nicolo lol. Looks like Levi needs rest, I guess he's working too hard. Ngl I like Floch's expression lol

It looks like Gabi was so shocked that next to her is Eren

Nov 2011
Oh Jesus Christ...Falco. This show just seems to love to put him into a compromising position and getting him nearly killed.

The scenes in that house got very dramatic with Sasha's name being mentioned by none other than Gabi herself. But at the same time, I found the amount of human expressions in this episode to be really well executed. Mikasa also managed to save Gabi's head from being stabbed at the last second. Damn.

孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
E-Eren? Man, talk about an unexpected compary out of the blue! I'm loving Kaji-san's mature voice for Eren, it's just too good. And the Yeagarists show up to boss around the Survey Corps, as if there isn't enough going on already xD.

Starting off with the horrific scenes behind the titan transformations in the villages plus following it up with the revelation of previous usage of Zeke's royal ability certainly makes the whole "wine" plan a lot more intriguing.

And the spotlight of the episode, the whole discussion surrounding Sasha. Good lord. Heavy stuff. Respect to Sasha's father. But jeez, the moment Kaya plunged in followed by the regret and guilt on Gabi's face, this is why I reakin' love this series to death.

"Ashes on the Fire" is really starting to get into my head, lol. It's fantastic!

Interesting stuff upcoming next episode, can't wait to see the "internet blow up" again.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 2018
Why did the title card say this was episode 12 lol? Anyway great episode, what a cliffhanger and it's literally insanity from here onwards. I can't wait.
Mar 7, 2021 7:39 AM

Jul 2020
the episode was all dialouge but it was still worth to watch broadcast

Sep 2019
I don't get how they resist the temptation of killing Gabi, the girl who killed your daughter is standing there and calling your daughter a demon but you're doing nothing to her. I don't know if whether I should call what he did 'being a nice guy' or 'being dumb as fuck'.
Apr 2019
10/10

sike 11/10 just for floch's expression
Mar 7, 2021 7:40 AM

Jun 2020
Holy shit Floch is getting better and better, I remember hating him back in season 3. Armin and co. are pussies. What about Sasha's revenge? How could they side with Gabi? Unbelievable. Not to mention, when Gabi asked why did they save her, Mikasa just said "No reason at all" what the fuck man. And people have the audacity to ask why I don't side nor like the non-yeagerists.

FLOCHAD LETS GO

Aaaand as per my signature, one of the most badass scene is about to be animated, can't fucking wait. I hope MAPPA doesn't skip this as it is really important and also quite cool.

All the great things aside, choosing the Eren Jacket scene OST to play at that Gabi scene, not a good choice. It was so out of place.
Arin-sanMar 7, 2021 7:45 AM

I said keep your hands on the table

Oct 2020
Loved the episode. Greatly rearranged. Next week has the potential to be the craziest of this season.

Jan 2009
the darwinism speech of its kill or be killed is delivered good
now Sashas family know the killer of Sasha
the spine fluid of Zeke is drunk by a lot of people lol damn thats a lot of mindless titans
that Floch ssshhhh scene though lol
Eren table scene spotted
the overall visual and animation in this episode is good enough too

Jul 2020
Jarrnn said:
10/10

sike 11/10 just for floch's expression

yeah I freakin loved it
Mar 7, 2021 7:42 AM

Oct 2017
This is why you should always check if anything's suspicious in ur drinks XD.
Mar 7, 2021 7:43 AM
Jul 2016
Other than some stiffy animations, it’s overall a great episode!
Mar 7, 2021 7:44 AM

Jul 2012
Props to Mappa for rearranging the Levi scenes to make the situation more tense. Definitely my second favorite episode after Episode 7.
Mar 7, 2021 7:44 AM

Apr 2013
Man they leave us on a cliffhanger for the table scene, I need it now. Eren walking in casually in the room where Mikasa, Armin and Gabi are talking.. I have no problem whatsoever with this episode it was a great setup for the next 3 weeks. The voice actors are simply amazing, week in week out. Kaya’s VA gave me chills when she attempted swift justice on Gabi.

I liked this part of the episode where they showed Levi’s flashback of his crew from season 1, we even saw Petra.

Best moment of the episode goes to this ginger beauty

And we finally learn what’s in the wine and the stakes couldn’t be higher next week. Preview:

KneelBeforeMeMar 7, 2021 7:49 AM
Mar 7, 2021 7:45 AM

Aug 2019
Great episode. The art and animation again was a step up from last week. MAPPA seem to go from decent to great and repeat ad-nauseum with their episode quality. The directing was good and the storyboarding great.

Interesting development for Kaya. Whilst Sasha's father and family can forgive Gabi and take it upon themselves to be the responsible ones and help stop that cycle of hatred and revenge, Kaya can't forget despite her earlier protestations about wanting to be a better person like Sasha. That was a really well done first part of the episode by MAPPA, and Gabi and Falco revealing themselves to Niccolo and then Sasha's family as a result wasn't contrived to move the plot along. It felt quite organic.

You just know it's all gonna pop off soon. With Armin and Mikasa seemingly finally getting the chance to talk it out with Eren, and Levi's soldiers chugging back that titanized wine like the rest of the higher-ups in the military, MAPPA better have their best onboard with this next episode.

Mar 7, 2021 7:45 AM
Aug 2017
Yes floch is a gigachad. Floch was done justice im very Happy
Mar 7, 2021 7:46 AM

Jul 2012
So close Niccolo, so close...
Mar 7, 2021 7:46 AM

Aug 2020
FLOCHAD
FLOCHAD
FLOCHAD
FLOCHAD
FLOCHAD

Poor falco man :(
Gabi looks so damn scared next to eren lol.

I'm not even mad about the amount of stills they used lol it was really smart. There were also like only 2 kinda off model shots but that's literally it. Soundtrack is damn good too.

Shits bout to go down next week!

Mar 7, 2021 7:48 AM

Mar 2014
They nailed this chapter with the voice acting, the animation and the art. It feels like a big improvement on the previous episode. I especially liked the scene where Levi reminisced every single time he's saved Eren on his comrades' expense, the flashbacks were really good.

Poor Falco got hit, damn this kid can't catch a break :(

Manbun Eren looked hot entering the room, thanks MAPPA.

Next episode is gonna be crazy, with two big and very intense scenes happening in the same episode. I hope they live up to the hype!

Mar 7, 2021 7:49 AM

Jun 2020
z00nex said:
I don't get how they resist the temptation of killing Gabi, the girl who killed your daughter is standing there and calling your daughter a demon but you're doing nothing to her. I don't know if whether I should call what he did 'being a nice guy' or 'being dumb as fuck'.

I know right? I'd kill myself if I had parents like that. Gabi is literally sheltered with plot armour, which parent in the world would literally forgive the killer of their child while giving a fucking philosophical speech? Not to mention, his friends, Jean, Connie, Mikasa, all of them shower Gabi with forgiveness. Connie is quick to blame Eren for Sasha's death, but yeah he don't give a fuck about Gabi who's standing in front of him, who literally DIRECTLY killed Sasha.

Mar 7, 2021 7:49 AM

Oct 2013
Next episode could top episode 5 and 7 if animated well.

This episode was really well directed imo. I also love the Levi reflection showing past events showing on the tree.
Mar 7, 2021 7:50 AM

Oct 2020
People are saying ending on ch116 is going to be anticlimactic. I think it's going to be pretty explosive in it's own way.
Mar 7, 2021 7:51 AM
Jul 2018
yeah, i guess chapter 116 is a pretty good way to end part 1 too
Mar 7, 2021 7:52 AM
Feb 2021
I_Am_Freeballing said:
People are saying ending on ch116 is going to be anticlimactic. I think it's going to be pretty explosive in it's own way.

Just imagine if they end at the point where
bipacMar 7, 2021 8:00 AM
Mar 7, 2021 7:52 AM
Aug 2017
Next ep will probably break declaration of wars records. If it has insane animation
Mar 7, 2021 7:53 AM

Oct 2020
People who don't understand why Mr. Braus didn't kill Gabi don't really understand anything.
Mar 7, 2021 7:55 AM

Aug 2019
Great episode, great animation, Mappa surely has prioritized these heavy conversation drama episodes.
cAbaddonMar 7, 2021 8:06 AM
Mar 7, 2021 7:56 AM

Jun 2014
Well the truth is out regarding the identity of who killed Sasha, and the tension skyrocketed real quick. We got Eren making a surprise guest appearance at the end lol, just casually walking into the room.

I_Am_Freeballing said:
People who don't understand why Mr. Braus didn't kill Gabi don't really understand anything.

Granted, this is the AOT fandom lol can't really expect too much xD
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 7, 2021 7:58 AM

Jan 2009
lol at people wanting Gabi to be killed its like forgiveness is not a thing and they want to break the cycle of hate/killing that darwinism (kill or be killed) is natural for humans and natural is not always good
Mar 7, 2021 7:59 AM
Feb 2021
Great episode. I always loved this chapter for Mr. Blaus and boy did they deliver.
Mr. Blaus is straight up goals. I can only hope to become someone like him in the future. Yes. he would be totally justified in killing Gabi. She murdered his daughter after all. But he sees the pointlessness of the entire situation. He sees that it will change nothing. Him killing Gabi won't bring back Sasha and he also has to live forever with the guilt of killing a young child, a heavily brainwashed young child. He could see the brainwashing when Gabi is rambling about Marley and how Niccolo was wrong to try and date an Eldian devil. He faced something similar with a young Sasha as shown in season 2 also. I just loved his way of atleast allowing the children to leave this depressing cruel forest and not bear the sins of the adults.

Also props to mappa for making Floch more and more hatable. That smiling keyframe of him was pure gold. Table scene next week. LETS GO
Mar 7, 2021 8:01 AM
Feb 2021
I_Am_Freeballing said:
bipac said:

Just imagine
That's a spoiler.

Fixed. Thanks for reminding. Had forgotten to tag.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenMar 7, 2021 9:08 AM
Mar 7, 2021 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
Didn't see the ep yet, but

EMBRACE THE WAY OF FLOCHAD. Holy fuck.

Mar 7, 2021 8:02 AM
Feb 2021
Everything seems good except ost 4/10 they are using same ost again and again where is my boy swano
Mar 7, 2021 8:02 AM

Oct 2020
bipac said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
That's a spoiler.

Fixed. Thanks for reminding. Had forgotten to tag.
It's okay. I think it will end exactly where 116 ends.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenMar 7, 2021 9:07 AM
Mar 7, 2021 8:03 AM

Jan 2009
SErwins said:
Everything seems good except ost 4/10 they are using same ost again and again where is my boy swano

is Sawano directly in the staff anyway? i thought he is just some supervisory role
Mar 7, 2021 8:03 AM
Aug 2016
Amazing episode as usual! It was painful as fuck though. Yams is really playing with our hearts this week. First chapter 138, and now Episode 13. Also, shit's gonna hit the fan hard in the next episode. Time to get hyped up!!

5/5
Mar 7, 2021 8:04 AM
Feb 2021
SErwins said:

I don't get it. The OST suits the scene tonally and enhances it. What's the problem then?
Or is it because YSBG is not being blared over and over in the scene?
I can say with confidence that if people didn't know it was Yamamoto's tracks they would be praising it to kingdom come.

Mar 7, 2021 8:06 AM

Sep 2019
Madlaad said:
Next ep will probably break declaration of wars records. If it has insane animation
what's next chapter number?
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Mar 7, 2021 8:07 AM

Oct 2016
I mean, i really want gabbi atleast suffering for what she did. Because dead is not good choice, yet she always got save by falco. n the most ironic is, she has more fav than falco. = =
YES

Apr 2013
Next episode’s adapting
high chance of it being the highest rated of the season if well animated.
cAbaddon said:
At this point you can say by the previews how the animation quality will be and next episode's doesn't look too good.
Uh? The preview barely showed anything and used stills to avoid spoilers. Next episode has like 2 moments that need great animation and neither were showed in the PV.
Aug 2016
Arin-san said:
Holy shit Floch is getting better and better, I remember hating him back in season 3. Armin and co. are pussies. What about Sasha's revenge? How could they side with Gabi? Unbelievable. Not to mention, when Gabi asked why did they save her, Mikasa just said "No reason at all" what the fuck man. And people have the audacity to ask why I don't side nor like the non-yeagerists.

FLOCHAD LETS GO

Aaaand as per my signature, one of the most badass scene is about to be animated, can't fucking wait. I hope MAPPA doesn't skip this as it is really important and also quite cool.

All the great things aside, choosing the Eren Jacket scene OST to play at that Gabi scene, not a good choice. It was so out of place.

How much would you rate it out of 5 my man?
Mar 7, 2021 8:08 AM
Feb 2021
Peeti said:
Madlaad said:

Aug 2019
This episode was great. Niccolo VA did wonderfully this episode. Zeke's face looked a bit weird this episode.
Falco saving Gabi again poor boy always being the shield for her.
Eren looks so dead inside I feel sad for him.
Enter Flochchad his meme face was just great.
The next episode is the table scene. Can't wait to laugh at that scene again, lol.

Aug 2017
Peeti said:
Madlaad said:
Peeti said:
Madlaad said:

Probably 112 and 113
Mar 7, 2021 8:10 AM

Jun 2020
Koustubh said:
How much would you rate it out of 5 my man?

A solid 5/5, they really nailed it with the facial expressions, especially Floch and Eren's facial expression. Eren's was a bit special, you could literally tell that he's suffering. Even without good animation, the tension of this episode totally carries it.

Mar 7, 2021 8:12 AM
Dec 2020
SErwins said:

The time has come when AOT is no longer a priority project for Swano. Rip.
Now we have... MIDMOTOOOO
Mar 7, 2021 8:14 AM
Aug 2017
Leniaczeq said:
SErwins said:

The time has come when AOT is no longer a priority project for Swano. Rip.
Now we have... MIDMOTOOOO

Midmoto 😂😂😂 you're disrespecting mid. He's below mid
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

690 by Apreggi »»
Mar 23, 11:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.