Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2021 4:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting, we got the Ancient Sisters making an appearance.

Log Horizon has a mysterious world so having these characters being part of the show adds more to its world fiction. Lol, they seem to have appetites too.
Mar 3, 2021 4:41 AM

Nov 2007
About if main guy has a girlfriend or not, and assassin girl is relieved.

Main guy exhausted working. group met two wolf type who fell w. hunger.

Trip on ship to get that guy back?

People saved by main guy gathered and showed a bit of past scenes. Those wolves are ancients?

They were shocked in joy that they want to bring "friends". It seems like they were in a legendary team but been sleeping for 50 years. The sisters are "Ponkotsu" (Stupid?) enough to get idol girl's grudge, though.

They sensed evil aura towards Akiba?

Shopping next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 3, 2021 5:03 AM
Oct 2020
This whole season is more or less just a snooze fest. Anyone else thinks that it's highly likely that it will never see another season at this rate?
Mar 3, 2021 5:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
These green-haired wolf girls seem quite the character xD this description of the "buggy" annoying NPC is accurate compared to some older WoW classic NPC... same for the quest with the shells, it reminds me of some quests that were exactly like that xD
Seems like a new opponent is coming, nice, but on the other hand the next episode preview feels like a filler or something like that.
Mar 3, 2021 5:10 AM

Apr 2014
It seems like the major battle is coming soon.
With her effort to collect those scales, no wonder why Tetora really hold grudge against the useless wolf clan sister. lmao.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 3, 2021 5:10 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
They really went and got some legendary ancient sister wolf girl pets lol.

The thing with that Genius Ereinus looks somewhat interesting, but seriously another shopping episode in the preview?
Mar 3, 2021 5:35 AM

Jul 2020
A hell of a lot of set-up in this season, seems like its all for erenius and how they're gonna fight him!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Mar 3, 2021 6:32 AM
Jul 2018
pretty cool episode, those new girls seem pretty interesting and some nice moment with shiroe and akatsuki here too
Mar 3, 2021 6:53 AM

Jan 2014
Anyone else tired of Minori and her stupid crush yet? Cause I've been tired of it from the start and the more they focus on it the less I want to watch.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 3, 2021 7:06 AM

Apr 2020
Pet wolves acquired.

Finally, we get to have a massive raid battle this season. We probably won't get it until 10. I don't doubt that it will probably appear at the end of the 9.
Mar 3, 2021 7:20 AM

Feb 2019
Minori finally gathering up courage to make a move on Shiroe and Shiroe and Akatsuki realise how close they are, pain.

Good episode, obviously really dialogue heavy but lots of set ups today. A genius is most likely targeting akiba so a battle will be coming soon.

I wonder how well this season has been received given how dialogue heavy it is.. hoping for a s4.
Mar 3, 2021 7:52 AM

Sep 2019
New character with the hat was cute. It looks like we’ll get some action in the next episode.
Mar 3, 2021 8:14 AM

Oct 2017
I like the new ancient sister duo, they are quite amusing.

A battle with an ancient is approaching. Hyped to see Shiroe's genius battle tactics again.
Mar 3, 2021 9:10 AM

Apr 2009
So the useless NPC sisters are useful for a change by warning them of an advancing enemy presence.

I don't delve on MMORPG quests too much and I have not been an active player for a long, long while now anyway but gods I did feel Tetora's pain when she was recounting that particular quest's repeated failures.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 3, 2021 9:11 AM

Aug 2013
The ancient sisters have quite the appetite lol. You got to feel sorry for Tetora. The pain of doing repetitive quests. XD

Shiroe and Akatsuki spending some time together was nice to see.

Mar 3, 2021 11:55 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Well at least Akatsuki was finally able to get an answer to that burning question. Thats an impressive amount of paperwork that Shiroe had there. Minori has evolved into quite the capable apprentice. With the advent of more members to the round table it sure has become much more livelier as well. Seems that the ancients come in all sizes. Litka and Lelia though are quite the unique pair of ancients. But still Tetra though really had quite the unfortunate experience with the sisters in the form of that scale quest. Overall a relatively calm ep that while doing well in showing how Minori and the junior team are doing also did well to introduce the two ancients and set the stage for the next threat thats targeting Akiba.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2021 3:26 PM

Apr 2015
Akatsuki's sigh of relief after hearing that Kanami and Shiroe aren't dating. They had a nice moment together, I demanded more Akatsuki and I got it.

Minori also keeps improving, but still has a long way to go compared to the bond Akatsuki has with Shiroe. Also was nice to see all those flashbacks to S1 where they saved those kids that are now in Log Horizon.

Those Ancient sisters are something, Silly of Tetra to trusting both of them with her his scales, both failing miserably to get them to the destination, so he decides for them both to handle them at the same time... Not very smart, seems like a horrible quest experience.

So a Genius is threatening Akiba, are we finally getting back into the action? I do have to say that I liked the Slice of Life parts this episode.
Mar 3, 2021 6:46 PM

Jan 2013
Yikes what a shitty episode.
Mar 3, 2021 7:50 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
A lot of things happened after the new round table conference established, and the news from Krusty reached Shiroe and the gangs at the previous episode. For a continuations, Shiroe decided to established a new relations with the Westelande side, after letting Princess Rayneshia took a great long-term vacation through all the way she can to the asian continent. Ofc its by a sea way using the previous cruiser invention.

After that, Shiroe himself still had a lot to do, at the new city planning grand orders, for a better Akiba's future (including the idea of building (on process) a huge antenna in order to prepare the communication with the inhabitants of the moon, and preventing any Geniuses attack by observing them one by one).

Talk about the Genius, its out started a new saga, which was threatening the city of Akiba peaceful day, for the umpteenth time. Unfortunately, its looks like the timing was also coupled up by a little Minori's love story again. While the oldest ancient twin loli pet story arrival also quite tickling me, with all of their useless backstory. Exactly like Shiroe and Akatsuki said: the past is truly just the past. No fear, and let it flow like the damn water way.

Lets see all of those complex matters in one get-go....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 3, 2021 8:06 PM

May 2009
Okay...I am not a LN or Manga reader....why does it feel like I have skipped so much stuff?! I had to double check to see there wasen't any OVAs or movies in between S2 and S3 multiple times... The moon? A raid with the lvl 60s?

I am completely lost in the chronology of the story.
Mar 3, 2021 8:09 PM

Sep 2018
This episode was very uneventful. I would give it a ok.
Mar 4, 2021 6:58 AM
Oct 2019
Hey good to see Nyanta again...

Kids characters got their screen time now...
It's been a long time...

Hey nice Anpanman right there... Giving respect

Poor Tetora Got screwed by the stupid wolf sister...
Man grinding those scales items must be taking so much time...
I feel your pain...

I like this kind of Episode, pretty relaxing you know...
Seeing them just doing daily life stuff in Akiba...
Mar 4, 2021 12:38 PM

Apr 2018
Hmm a slow ep but I wonder what the Ancient Sisters are here for... They have to do something at least.

The food looks good as ever.
Mar 5, 2021 1:34 AM

Sep 2019
uran10 said:
Anyone else tired of Minori and her stupid crush yet? Cause I've been tired of it from the start and the more they focus on it the less I want to watch.
That's such an irrelevant thing though. I see no reason for someone to stop watching this anime for this silly reason.
Mar 5, 2021 7:22 AM

Jan 2014
ZeroTwo__002 said:
uran10 said:
That's such an irrelevant thing though. I see no reason for someone to stop watching this anime for this silly reason.

Its not irrelevant when they spend large sections of episodes focusing on her dumb crush that will never amount to anything and has 0 plot relevance imo.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 5, 2021 7:42 AM

Mar 2012
sephanime12 said:
This whole season is more or less just a snooze fest. Anyone else thinks that it's highly likely that it will never see another season at this rate?

This a State sponsored show since it airs on NHK as part of their education program for kids, its probably why it got another season after this long as it is quite popular with kids and teenagers their and has been on reruns for years, so it is safe to say that if a tax evasion scandal did not make them drop adapting it, a few western people who dont like it will not bother them either :P

Anyway, this is now in territory where even i really don't know much what is going to happen, as im not up to date much with this volume from the wn version but i do know the outcome and i can't wait for people to see it.

Tetora is being a little selfish for blaming the sisters due to bad conditions it involved in their quest as shire pointed out she should blame the game developers for making a poor quest when it started.

Anyway looks like now we are setting up the grand final of this season and it looks like we are going to have another genius raid like in s2 except this time it will akihabara turn,

Mar 5, 2021 7:43 AM

Mar 2012
uran10 said:
ZeroTwo__002 said:

Its not irrelevant when they spend large sections of episodes focusing on her dumb crush that will never amount to anything and has 0 plot relevance imo.

I wont say much, but one of those 3 dangling romances will defintly get a result by the end of this season :P so your wait will finally be worth it.
Mar 5, 2021 9:43 PM

Sep 2019
uran10 said:
ZeroTwo__002 said:

It didn't get that much screentime at all as far as I remember.
Mar 6, 2021 2:43 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I forgot how experienced Tetora is in game hihi, guess Tetora and Shiroe are like veteran elders in terms of adventurer experience ^.^

Anyway I need to see Shiroe in action again, its been too long.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 13, 2021 11:56 AM

Jul 2008
They eat like Luffy.
Apr 11, 2021 1:11 PM

Mar 2010
Kids always bringing trouble. We learn a new enemy is going to appear.
May 13, 2021 1:02 AM

Sep 2012
AkeZZZ said:
It seems like the major battle is coming soon.
With her effort to collect those scales, no wonder why Tetora really hold grudge against the useless wolf clan sister. lmao.

i would have left them with 1HP gave them hell for that back when he did the quest lol
Jul 24, 2021 4:16 AM

Jul 2015
I'm suprised Elder tale still managed to be a succes considering the crude quests back in the early days with those useless ancient sisters. Must've been really infuriating for poor Tetora to repeat a quest four damn times while it could've easily been done in one.

Nov 27, 2021 8:59 PM

Jul 2013
I don't really know what a genius is honestly but if it's arrival means battle then I'm all for it. And these two sisters are basically badly designed NPCs right? They're just going to be a liability I think. Also why little girls again? Come on
Jan 17, 2023 1:19 PM
May 2020
Aww, so they are forgotten game characters. Well, a new arc has begun.
Aug 8, 2023 7:30 AM
Jan 2023
Interesting, so the oldest ancients are forgotten characters from the early days of the game. They seem a bit annoying, but they did offer up some useful information at least. Another genius is heading to Akihabara, and from what we've seen so far, it looks pretty terrifying.

The princess is sent on holiday, whilst she is there she is tasked with retrieving Krusty. Certainly an interesting plan from Shiroe, probably an effective one too.

That was also a really nice moment with Akatsuki and Shiroe, looking out over the city, eating bean buns and looking at the rainbow.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 6 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2021

48 by argy97 »»
Apr 7, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2021

149 by waldy713 »»
Nov 17, 2023 1:47 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

38 by waldy713 »»
Nov 17, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

38 by waldy713 »»
Nov 15, 2023 11:27 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2021

46 by waldy713 »»
Nov 15, 2023 10:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.