Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode is alright. What's important is how the idols had some heart to heart talk with each other.

Seems they also believe and support Kotono. She seems very thankful to have friends and in general, being more open to others. Great to see how everyone is united together.
Feb 28, 2021 8:56 AM

Jul 2017
By a hair's breadth, the finals are in reach for both of Hoshimi Productions's 2 groups. Good for them.

I'd disagree if Kotono is judged as an inferior copy of Mana, but bear in mind that both of them are wired differently, so purely judging from the sisters' POV is just putting words bluntly without any thought. Given the Venus Program competition, all friendlies are now treated as rivals, no pleasantries.

Sakura sounds a lot like Mana? Isn't that raising a red flag already too soon? Just hoping that Sakura would stay in the long-run and not get her character killed in anyway. If this is so, technically both Sakura and Kotono are at the same wavelength of being shadows of the former popular idol.

The "race" between both leaders to be the next Mana Nagase, met with the same theorized criticism: the former being the deceased's sister, and the latter having the voice of the deceased. Despite that, the other girls giving some encouragement is nice to see, but the most important is Kotono not being jealous of someone taking her former sister's place, and being herself to sing and perform at her best whilst not being compared to Mana.

An OK episode, but it drops a ray of hope to push these girls forward.
Feb 28, 2021 9:12 AM

Mar 2019
So both groups made it into the top 16 round...MT even one round further already. Next episode about SP... But I think LizNoir is just on another level atm. Well.. If they met each other, it will be in the finals according to the bracket but MT must win against LizNoir and SP against Trinityaile... Hmm those will be pretty hard in the semi finals.

Kotone realized she doesn't have to be Mana, she should just be herself... But that's the point... Everyone will compare you with your sister...

I wonder if we will hear the music from other groups as well... So far we only know about LN, TT, SP and MT...
Feb 28, 2021 9:14 AM
Jan 2021
Japanese audiences are totally gorgeous this night. I mean, imagine, total more than 100 thousands audiences just only in ABEMA for episode 1-7's marathon rebroadcast (something that staffs already made the 30-minutes digest video for it) and episode 8 airing (yes, even I could still Feel the congestion of ABEMA traffic tonight, Asia time, only for Idoly Pride, this is insane).

I can't say anything because even I could not streaming the 8th episode (I will report you about new episode's summary later after I can get watching new episode in another platforms).

At least, I want to give message to you all: don't underestimate anything.
teofilusSWFeb 28, 2021 9:18 AM
Feb 28, 2021 9:17 AM

Jan 2014
Sakura having Mana's heart would be quite something...Especially if it gives out on her before the finals. Like damn, if it's singling that, it's gonna be a touching and rough ride for sure.It was also a well handled with the idea of Kotono being a copy of her sister, but with Sakura being able to sing like her, the way the handled how both feel about that was handled well.
Feb 28, 2021 9:25 AM

Apr 2014
Gladly, there are nothing wrong with Sakura's health, for now. I hope there will not be any problem with her health in the future. It can confirm 99.99% now that Mana is a heart donator. I've wondered that how a heart transplant can change someone's voice???
In my opinion, Kotono should find her own style, being Nagase Kotono, not Nagase Mana's sister.. Otherwise, someone will still compare her with Mana.
The semi finals should be LizNoir vs Tsuki no Tempest and TRINITYaILE vs Summer Peace. Lets' see who will able to reach the final round.

Daytime Moon the new ED from Tsuki no Tempest.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 28, 2021 9:44 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Considering the stakes its no wonder the girls were so on edge waiting for the results. But man looking at the results they just barely made it. Liznoir aren't lacking in confidence though but TrinityAile's little counter was fun. Its unfortunate that Mana's popularity is serving to cloud Kotono's identity as a idol. The meal was a nice reward for the girls hard work. Still comparisons are never a good thing to see especially within the entertainment sector that the girls are part off. Despite the gloom its nice seeing the girls support each other when needed. The bond between the members of Tsukino tempest really is heartwarmingly strong. Overall an excellent ep that served to introduce some tough questions regarding the motivations of both Kotono and Sakura as they enter the finals. As they approach the finals i feel that things will only get harder. Still the new ending theme was nice and did well to symbolize the begging of a new season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2021 10:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They both (Sunny Peace and Moon Tempest) got qualified fortunately, even though they were on the verge of losing since they were 15th and 16th
That whole Sakura/Kotono drama is quite interesting but I don't really understand why she sounds like Mana though, because even if Sakura had received Mana's heart before it obviously doesn't change the way she sings or maybe they live in a magic world where this kind of thing is possible (xD) I just hope that she won't die soon even though the doctor said that she's safe right now it might still happen... :/
And Moon Tempest is already doing good so far, they won their first match against that "Krystal" band but too bad they just skipped the representation... this is what happens when you can only do one cour for an anime like that xD (but well at this pace I hope we'll get a second season, because they just can't end it in less than 4 episodes or it would be totally rushed)
Feb 28, 2021 10:45 AM

May 2018
Good episode. Kotono opens up yet again lol
Feb 28, 2021 11:03 AM

Mar 2020
Potential relation between Mana and Sakura have been brought on. If they do have a connection it'll most likely cause a lot of drama within the industry.
Feb 28, 2021 11:48 AM
Jan 2021
Finally, I have watched the episode 8!
It's kindly like rewatching Love Live Nijigasaki School Idol Club anime hahahaha.

Although, we can learn much from this:
1. It can be connected to the second episode, when Makino-kun auditioned Sakura-chan, when Makino said "wakattemasu" (I'm understanding). When I first watched this, I thought Makino actually has known Sakura's profile, including 'her heart'. In reality, Makino doesn't, actually. He just do the diplomatic actions for bringing 'a diamond' like Sakura to Hoshimi Production. From here, the real personality of Makino has been revealed, and from here, we can see how genius Mana is, because she is the person who took any responsibility for bringing him to Hoshimi Production alongside her.

2. "Moon" symbolism. You will be already known about this, even since the first scene of episode 1 (after Hoshimi Production all members are getting gone to the stage, and Makino said "do you watch this, Mana", I forgot the dialogue exactly). Yes, it can be more confirmed that it's Mana's symbolism, who now also Kotono's symbolism and Tsuki no Tempest's symbolism itself. Much of Mana-related or Kotono-related has been assembled together with 'the moon'as background. Even if Kotono doesn't want to fight for Mana's presence anymore now, Hoshimi Production still acknowledges Kotono (and his group, all voiced by MusicRay'n Generation 3) as the 'official successor' of Nagase Mana. And fun fact, it's not just a story plot; it's the message actually. If you already known MusicRay'n since it's beginning in 2005, with Sphere (Generation 1) and TrySail (Generation 2), succession traditions like this are actually common, and have always been a topic of conversation among otaku and wota in Japan. The reality now is, Idoly Pride itself is the first MusicRay'n project to involve several voice actors from various other agencies, besides MusicRay'n Generation 3 itself, which should be the successor of this 'jimusho'. Nah, I think MusicRay'n want to say that although now they also perform functions like Bandai Namco which manages Aqours or Muse in Love Live, for example, by forming idol groups with various voice actors from various agencies (Sunny Peace, with Kawasaki Sakura (Kanno Mai) as leader), Super Seiyuu members and it's succession tradition will always be there and will always be MusicRay'n's main focus at any time (and they are right, just see 5 Tsuki no Tempest's members' color representations, all can be traced until Sphere and TrySail too actually, including Aikawa Kanata who isn't coincidencely given Natsukawa Shiina's "relay stick" with a yellow representation, even up to 2 anime at once (Idoly Pride and Wonder Egg Priority))

3. Nah, talking about Moon and Mana (and the blessing of moon in episode 8), and also with Nemophila in episode 4, we can see that actually, Mana isn't just a ghost now here, she is a god itself. You know, Mana isn't just a character in animes who is written based on the moon, something that is related to Princess Kaguya, one of great figures in Japanese mythology and literature, a princess from the moon itself (even Sony, through, Aniplex has too, Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai, besides of the notable Tonikaku Kawaii which is also one of popular mangas in Japan). Nah, I always suspect she is behind some miraclous and supranatural moments in Idoly Pride hahaha and you can see that some scenes after that moment, always "looked at" Nagase Mana.

Rating? AHH, they don't need any rating anymore. With all of hypeness upon Japanese audiences itself (seriously, more than hundred thousands audiences in ABEMA just for watching Idoly Pride?!? Even we haven't counted in another platforms?!? 😳), Idoly Pride has been officially a legend now, they have taken all of everyone's hearts, and then will taking the money in their wallets too, but they are deserved to get it, this is just some insanely works everywhere, from anime, manga, music, and soon, game (some gameplay and features descriptions has been uploaded in Google Play Store and Apps Store, with much 'special features' in there) that are produced well in much high level of quality but also distribute that down-to-earth (yes, every week after the episode airing, they always upload new song, not short as in the anime, but in full version with great quality MVs and beautifully music, in everywhere).

So yes, welcome to the most ambitious idol multimedia project of this decade.

(About the scenes about Sakura and Mana's look-a-like in the eyes of fans, it kindly make me remember about what I did, posting much about the similarities of Wonder Egg Priority and Idoly Pride, so yes if it makes Sony and MusicRay'n get offended and get mad, please accept my apologies and pardons, I just did it for helping for doing the promotions as staffs want in Manager's Portal).
teofilusSWFeb 28, 2021 11:47 PM
Feb 28, 2021 1:12 PM
May 2011
teofilusSW said:
Finally, I have watched the episode 8!
It's kindly like rewatching Love Live Nijigasaki School Idol Club anime hahahaha.

Although, we can learn much from this:
1. It can be connected to the second episode, when Makino-kun auditioned Sakura-chan, when Makino said "wakattemasu" (I'm understanding). When I first watched this, I thought Makino actually has known Sakura's profile, including 'her heart'. In reality, Makino doesn't, actually. He just do a diplomatic actions for bringing 'a diamond' like Sakura to Hoshimi Production. From here, the real personality of Makino has been revealed, and from here, we can see how genius Mana is, because she is the person who took any responsibility for bringing him to Hoshimi Production alongside her.

2. "Moon" symbolism. You will be already known about this, even since the first scene of episode 1 (after Hoshimi Production all members are getting gone to the stage, and Makino said "do you watch this, Mana", I forgot the dialogue exactly). Yes, it can be more confirmed that it's Mana's symbolism, who now also Kotono's symbolism and Tsuki no Tempest's symbolism itself. Much of Mana-related or Kotono-related has been assembled together with 'the moon'as background. Even if Kotono doesn't want to fight for Mana's presence anymore now, Hoshimi Production still acknowledges Kotono (and his group, all voiced by MusicRay'n Generation 3) as the 'official successor' of Nagase Mana. And fun fact, it's not just a story plot; it's the message actually. If you already known MusicRay'n since it's beginning in 2005, with Sphere (Generation 1) and TrySail (Generation 2), succession traditions like this are actually common, and have always been a topic of conversation among otaku and wota in Japan. The reality now is, Idoly Pride itself is the first MusicRay'n project to involve several voice actors from various other agencies, besides MusicRay'n Generation 3 itself, which should be the successor of this 'jimusho'. Nah, I think MusicRay'n want to say that although now they also perform functions like Bandai Namco which manages Aqours or Muse in Love Live, for example, by forming idol groups with various voice actors from various agencies (Sunny Peace, with Kawasaki Sakura (Kanno Mai) as leader), Super Seiyuu members and it's succession tradition will always be there and will always be MusicRay'n's main focus at any time (and they are right, just see 5 Tsuki no Tempest's members' color representations, all can be traced until Sphere and TrySail too actually, including Aikawa Kanata who isn't coincidencely given Natsukawa Shiina's "relay stick" with a yellow representation, even up to 2 anime at once (Idoly Pride and Wonder Egg Priority))

3. Nah, talking about Moon and Mana (and the blessing of moon in episode 8), and also with Nemophila in episode 4, we can see that actually, Mana isn't just a ghost now here, she is a god itself. You know, Mana isn't just a character in animes who is written based on the moon, something that is related to Princess Kaguya, one of great figures in Japanese mythology and literature, a princess from the moon itself (even Sony, through, Aniplex has too, Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai, besides of the notable Tonikaku Kawaii which is also one of popular mangas in Japan). Nah, I always suspect she is behind some miraclous and supranatural moments in Idoly Pride hahaha and you can see that some scenes after that moment, always "looked at" Nagase Mana.

Rating? AHH, they don't need any rating anymore. With all of hypeness upon Japanese audiences itself (seriously, more than hundred thousands audiences in ABEMA just for watching Idoly Pride?!? Even we haven't counted in another platforms?!? 😳), Idoly Pride has been officially a legend now, they have taken all of everyone's hearts, and then will taking the money in their wallets too, but they are deserved to get it, this is just some insanely works everywhere, from anime, manga, music, and soon, game (some gameplay and features descriptions has been uploaded in Google Play Store and Apps Store, with much 'special features' in there) that are produced well in much high level of quality but also distribute that down-to-earth (yes, every week after the episode airing, they always upload new song, not short as in the anime, but in full version with great quality MVs and beautifully music, in everywhere).

(About the scenes about Sakura and Mana's look-a-like in the eyes of fans, it kindly make me remember about what I did, posting much about the similarities of Wonder Egg Priority and Idoly Pride, so yes if it makes Sony and MusicRay'n get offended and get mad, please accept my apologies and pardons, I just did it for helping for doing the promotions as staffs want in Manager's Portal).

Thanks for the post. It was very interesting, and I'm glad the series/project is popular.

Also, guys,you're worrying me with the predictions of Sakura's demise. She's my favorite girl, and if her (Mana's) heart gives out...mine will too :'(
Feb 28, 2021 1:20 PM

Feb 2019
Alright so people probably gonna try to flame me for this, but I might like Idoly pride more than Nijigaku. Idk, we’ll see how the last few eps go, but the last two weeks have been great

I think Kotono got best girl locked up for me now. She’s finally taking strides to be her own person and not just be a Mana clone/successor. It’s ok that you don’t sing like her. You don’t have to. We just want the best Kotono, not Mana 2.0.

Sakura is probably my runner up atm. Love her energy and personality.
Feb 28, 2021 3:08 PM

Aug 2015
teofilusSW said:

What are some other anime with 100k simultaneous viewers? I don't really have a frame of reference, I'm curious what sorts of ratings the uber popular shows (like AoT S4) get, versus typical seasonal shows.
Feb 28, 2021 5:08 PM
Jan 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Alright so people probably gonna try to flame me for this, but I might like Idoly pride more than Nijigaku. Idk, we’ll see how the last few eps go, but the last two weeks have been great

I think Kotono got best girl locked up for me now. She’s finally taking strides to be her own person and not just be a Mana clone/successor. It’s ok that you don’t sing like her. You don’t have to. We just want the best Kotono, not Mana 2.0.

Sakura is probably my runner up atm. Love her energy and personality.

Hmm.
Nijigasaki ...
I have watched it too, and to be honest, the level of conflicts in Idoly Pride have much higher than Nijigasaki, even Idoly Pride still have harder topics more than Love Live series. Some people has compared Idoly Pride with Wake Up Girl, but the character ages range in Idoly Pride, for me, really takes much on Love Live elements (some another people also have compared Idoly Pride with Idolmaster due to their basic elements of idol section (professional idol-based, have much character relation stories) and even OP's sequences have similiarity to Idolmaster 1st series, that's the reason why Idoly Pride in the early days of his appearance was often misunderstood as part of the Idolmaster 😂).

What I remember about Nijigasaki is lacking of competition (because they decided to not joining Love Live). So, let's back to the Love Live series itself. Yes, Love Live series is also about a competition, school idol competition, but you haven't see the competition plotting in there has been developed besides focusing on the MCs group and 1 other group which will then be developed by the project (thanks to MusicRay'n who already have Sphere and TrySail so they just made these 2 groups recycled as LizNoir and TrinityAile at Idoly Pride, and it turned out to be quite profitable in their business, last week someone shared in Twitter that in one of the Animate stores in Japan, TrinityAile's first single has sold out). Besides that, bringing Kanda Sayaka as Nagase Mana, is the best decision Project Idoly Pride has made.

Also, I want to make a comment about the first scenes of episode 8. Putting an episode's start in just a middle of competition (VENUS Grand Prix) when everyone is in competition tension, kindly makes me getting Wonder Egg Priority's vibe (some of its episodes especially in the first half, have also started in the middle of the tension of battles in Wonder Egg world).

AHH, what the nice moves, Idoly Pride!
Feb 28, 2021 6:31 PM
Jul 2018
The whole surgery thing being highlighted for Sakura constantly is just a blatant red flag, huh? I hope it's nothing more than just "she's able to sing because she has mana's heart". Also does anyone else notice that Kotono has this cute way of pronouncing her お vowels like う for some words at rare, random times or am I hearing wrong?

Like she would say "こと” like "kotuu" or something like that. I know there has to be something there...because it just stands out to when I listen to her voice and play the video back.
Feb 28, 2021 7:11 PM
Jan 2021
Talking about Sakura's voice, I put more concerned about that. Even, if Sakura wants to change her singing style, so she can have not same style as Mana, I can still remembering Mana from her new singing style (the plot, instead, tells the opposite through Shizuku and Kotono). Moreover she change her style, moreover I can see Mana's voice through Sakura.

Yes, it's getting more real. Kawasaki Sakura is the next Nagase Mana, and it's beyond that; Kanno Mai is the next Kanda Sayaka.

It also can answer the 'controversy' around Kawasaki Sakura's voice similarity with Nagase Mana especially since the second episode (especially in the audition scene and guerilla in the front of railway station scenes).
Feb 28, 2021 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
ooh this episode was pretty decent, some nice developments for sakura and kotono, glad that both the scenes made it in and wonder how their next battles will go down. also, there's quite a lot of foreshadowing here with sakura's heart, it's probably mana's heart tbh.
Feb 28, 2021 8:47 PM

Jan 2011
TheKillerAngel said:
teofilusSW said:

What are some other anime with 100k simultaneous viewers? I don't really have a frame of reference, I'm curious what sorts of ratings the uber popular shows (like AoT S4) get, versus typical seasonal shows.
damn is this real life i know idol shows normally dont do well on Mal etc but i been seriously thinking this one is super underwatched it's totally fine but just poor timing of the season, but these numbers seem high but i dont really know the viewership for other seasonal shows but regardless it seem to support how much this project seems to be planning like in this episode showing all these other groups for like a few seconds of screen time seems like a lot of work for a one off thing unless they planned to do more with em

but idoly pride dont do this to me a twist that the heart was mana how many flags must you raise
Feb 28, 2021 10:00 PM

Apr 2014
teofilusSW said:

Hmm.
Nijigasaki ...
I have watched it too, and to be honest, the level of conflicts in Idoly Pride have much higher than Nijigasaki, even Idoly Pride still have harder topics more than Love Live series. Some people has compared Idoly Pride with Wake Up Girl, but the character ages range in Idoly Pride, for me, really takes much on Love Live elements (some another people also have compared Idoly Pride with Idolmaster due to their basic elements of idol section (professional idol-based, have much character relation stories) and even OP's sequences have similiarity to Idolmaster 1st series, that's the reason why Idoly Pride in the early days of his appearance was often misunderstood as part of the Idolmaster 😂).

What I remember about Nijigasaki is lacking of competition (because they decided to not joining Love Live). So, let's back to the Love Live series itself. Yes, Love Live series is also about a competition, school idol competition, but you haven't see the competition plotting in there has been developed besides focusing on the MCs group and 1 other group which will then be developed by the project (thanks to MusicRay'n who already have Sphere and TrySail so they just made these 2 groups recycled as LizNoir and TrinityAile at Idoly Pride, and it turned out to be quite profitable in their business, last week someone shared in Twitter that in one of the Animate stores in Japan, TrinityAile's first single has sold out). Besides that, bringing Kanda Sayaka as Nagase Mana, is the best decision Project Idoly Pride has made.

Also, I want to make a comment about the first scenes of episode 8. Putting an episode's start in just a middle of competition (VENUS Grand Prix) when everyone is in competition tension, kindly makes me getting Wonder Egg Priority's vibe (some of its episodes especially in the first half, have also started in the middle of the tension of battles in Wonder Egg world).

AHH, what the nice moves, Idoly Pride!

Yes... I think Idoly Pride is kinda like Wake Up Girls more than Love Live especially in storywise, competition, and drama in the series, even their character's ages are more similar to Love Live. But, the Wake Up Girls characters are also a highschool students, so it's not that different anyway.
As for Nijigasaki. It lacks of an actual main plot. The anime is like the introduction to each Nijigasaki members with the idol festival at the final. Its dramas are also not that kind of drama if you compare with another idol anime or even the previous installation of Love Live anime. Love Live and Love Live Sunshine also got competition as you said, but their opponents are almost non exist. We only got Arise for the original Love Live and Saint Snow for Sunshine. Saint Snow got some episode which focused on them but Arise was forgotten. Lacking in the presence of the main competitor is one of the huge flaws of Love Live anime. However, I think that Love Live is focused more on the characters and the moments when you can achieve your dream more than the actual competition. Maybe, it's their style after all. Or the costs of hiring more voice actresses to take those roles are also related.

btw, I would agree with your first posts that don't underestimate especially Japanese idol culture.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 28, 2021 10:41 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
"You are good, just the way you are."
Yes, you should be more proud of yourself, leading Moon Tempest until that final stage. No need to worry over such a shit word. Because you had your own uniqueness inside your own soul. Mana looked pretty much ignore her sister, while being too much attached for Sakura. I wonder if its well connected to their struggle so far.

Still, its interesting to know that both Sakura and Kotono obviously were a great posture of Mana resemblance. Kotono with her sisterhood form of Mana, and Sakura with her sounds that looked pretty much like Mana. They both actually held Mana's blessing. However, they both sure had their own insecurity toward each others, moreover with such a random critical comments pointing out their existencies. By making them into a separating units, it would be good to unleashed their others unique potential. Kotono, for this example, as a leader of Moon Tempest, leading them all into winning the first match of the final stage. Congratulations!

Moon Tempest already showed their best. Now its the time for Sakura to show her best too with Sunny Peace. I can't wait for it to happened. A little note for me that they should've show the stage performance at the end of the episode to show how well their progression of the episode. It will be fuckin good at their final moment. Still, they may save it until the end of the day. So, well, i hope some blast happened in the right moment, tho, they still need to defeated their senior at LizNoir and Trinityaile before entering that place. Lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 1, 2021 12:58 AM

Sep 2019
They're giving way too many hints about Sakura having Mana's heart so I feel like they're just baiting, or there'll be another twist. Either way, I don't like the drama in Idoly Pride so I don't have high hopes from it.
Mar 1, 2021 2:31 AM

Sep 2020
Oh looks like Sakura chan is visiting the hospital.

I wonder if her heart really is Mana's heart.

Looks like kotona chan is being demotivated as she is Mana's sister and looks exactly like her.
And sakura chan is called a replacement of Mana. She tries changing her voice cuz she was worried Kotono chan might hate her. But looks like things will work out.

Looking forward for the next episode!
Mar 1, 2021 2:33 AM

Oct 2018
Both groups finally made it to the top 16. Great job

Still no confirmation yet but it might be true that Sakura received the heart from Mana Nagase after her death from 3 years ago. We're getting close to the truth. But still, I'm having a vibe that it will be her death flag in later episode. Hope it's not.

And looks like Moon Tempest have won the first match against "Krystal" even though we haven't saw their performance at the end. Probably somewhere around final episode. Looking forward for more.
Forum set made by Nate
Mar 2, 2021 2:27 AM

Dec 2020
teofilusSW said:

it is a very generic IM@S-style idol anime with a ghost twist. This will never be as popular as Love Live.
Mar 2, 2021 6:21 PM

Aug 2015
Neyukisleeps said:
teofilusSW said:

it is a very generic IM@S-style idol anime with a ghost twist. This will never be as popular as Love Live.

I would disagree that it's generic, most other idol anime I've seen aren't quite as serious in tone.
Neyukisleeps said:
teofilusSW said:

I disagree with that - Mana's ghost notwithstanding, most other idol anime lean a lot heavier into comedy/SoL elements and are less focused on character drama and industry competition.
TheKillerAngelMar 2, 2021 7:53 PM
Mar 2, 2021 11:31 PM

Dec 2020
TheKillerAngel said:
Neyukisleeps said:

I would disagree that it's generic, most other idol anime I've seen aren't quite as serious in tone.
Neyukisleeps said:

I disagree with that - Mana's ghost notwithstanding, most other idol anime lean a lot heavier into comedy/SoL elements and are less focused on character drama and industry competition.

IM@S Cinderella Girls and even the original IM@S both have plenty of character drama that were done better than this anime. What other things does this anime have to offer, besides the ghost?

Mar 5, 2021 6:12 AM

Oct 2017
I'm glad everyone from Moon Tempest were able to get Kotone back in track. Thou I dun like how they are skipping all their performances.
Mar 6, 2021 12:05 PM

Mar 2008
It's basically all but officially confirmed that Sakura has Mana's heart. Or at least something very close to that in intention.
Mar 24, 2021 5:44 AM
Dec 2019
Neyukisleeps said:
TheKillerAngel said:

IM@S Cinderella Girls and even the original IM@S both have plenty of character drama that were done better than this anime. What other things does this anime have to offer, besides the ghost?

What other things that this anime have to offer ? You should check this post for that answer :- https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1902943
Mar 22, 2022 7:48 AM

Apr 2011
Yes. Mana is Mana and Kotone is Kotone. They are sisters, but they're not entirely the same.

Kotone doesn't need to be Mana, as she has her own singing abilities. Its time to be out of Mana's shadow and make a name for herself. Her group really help her get back on track

Sakura sings like mana...Its leaning very close who is her mysterious donor.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 2 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Jan 17, 2021

36 by ZeroNoColor »»
Feb 19, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2021

75 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:59 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

31 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:14 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

30 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:32 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

35 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.