Forum Settings
Forums

Does anyone here give a show 9 or 10 whose overall rating is between 6.3-7 here in mal?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 24, 2021 12:43 AM

May 2019
peetmeed said:
Skirroz98_NL said:
Rent A Girlfriend has a 7.37 on MAL. I gave it a 9 and I still don’t understand why the rating is so low.

the main reason for most people is kazuya and the decisions he makes as a whole. To quote people I have talked to "he is a walking bruh moment"

Kazuya is misunderstood by a lot of people. He is a very realistic protagonist. That he is not the role model type doesn’t mean that it’s bad. A lot of guys are deep inside just like him, but nobody wants to admit that. He also improves a lot during the anime.
Feb 24, 2021 2:23 AM

Oct 2019
The only anime which I gave a score over a one point higher than MAL score is Yuri on Ice - it's an 8.7/10 for me so I've given it a 9/10, simply because the message resonated with me quite a bit, MAL score is like 7.9/10.

I don't think I would ever score a show that much higher, I usually tend to score a bit lower than average. I could maybe see it happening if it was an old classic that can't hold up to today's standards but was a gem in its own era.
Feb 24, 2021 2:26 AM

Aug 2009
I mean, yeah. Not that I really give a shit, though.

Feb 24, 2021 2:53 AM

Mar 2020
Skirroz98_NL said:
peetmeed said:

the main reason for most people is kazuya and the decisions he makes as a whole. To quote people I have talked to "he is a walking bruh moment"

Kazuya is misunderstood by a lot of people. He is a very realistic protagonist. That he is not the role model type doesn’t mean that it’s bad. A lot of guys are deep inside just like him, but nobody wants to admit that. He also improves a lot during the anime.

Being that horny and socially inept isnt realistic especially considering hes like 20
Feb 24, 2021 3:05 AM

May 2018
Hrybami said:
Pingu in the City (2017) and (2018). Good anime, they definitely deserve a better score.

I didn't expect Pingu to become this low. 6.59, Although 63.9% of scores are 10s. WTF
Definitely some haters' conspiracy.

Feb 24, 2021 3:08 AM

Nov 2020
Nah. If they are rated below 7, they must have some really obvious flaws
Feb 24, 2021 6:35 AM

Feb 2020
Lucky Star is at 7.77 and I have it as a 10. (Yes, you read that correctly.)

Feb 24, 2021 6:46 AM

Jul 2016
the only close one i have is haruhi second season at a a 7.23 other than that nothing
Feb 24, 2021 6:49 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
most of my favorite anime are between 5.0 - 7.0 and i give them all 10s lol
Feb 24, 2021 6:49 AM

Nov 2016
Even animes that are less than 6 I gave 9 or 10 because I never look on overall rating when putting my rate.
Feb 24, 2021 6:56 AM

Mar 2019
Uhh no.
The closest one is In/Spectre, which i gave 8 score.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Feb 24, 2021 7:22 AM
Oct 2015
Yes , pretty sure that's my case too , not that I ever re checked what the rating of now days anime considering most I saw were aired over 2 to 16 years ago hahaha

If you don't appreciate art , anime aren't for you , there is nothing wrong in them , nothing is perfect !

If you criticize Anime you should release your reviews directly to people and authors that made em !

Anime will not get any better if reviews do not get outside the borders of this website , change this !
Feb 24, 2021 7:26 AM

Apr 2018
I gave 9 to both of Koitabi (6.93) and Watamote (7.04).
Feb 24, 2021 7:30 AM

Aug 2018
Well, after thinking very intensely for a long period of time and to be sincerely honest in my humble opinion...

Hentai.
Feb 24, 2021 7:45 AM

Aug 2018
My lowest is 7.25, which I gave 9. It was SAO.
Feb 24, 2021 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
Katsudou Shashin for example has a low score of 5.47 here on MAL but it was a bold 10/10 for me. But i still don't know when the second season is coming out....
Feb 24, 2021 8:09 AM

Dec 2020
well the lowest 9 I gave has an 8.17 which is FMA
"no one really laughs on the internet, they just go 'hM' and type '๐•ƒ๐•„๐”ธ๐•†๐”ธ๐•†๐•„๐”ธ๐•†๐”ธ'."

I'm Level 69 on Mal Badges. View My Badges.

Feb 24, 2021 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
Kekkai Sensen is the closest to the 7 that I have as a 9
Feb 24, 2021 11:20 AM

Dec 2016
No, but one of my 9's are a 7.5, so it was close. It was one of the Yuru Yuri's sequels.

edit: Actually, thinking about the way I rank my anime, if I did most likely my lowest 9/10 would be an 8, whgen i used to do that most of my anime was a 7.
N04L1TYFeb 24, 2021 11:31 AM
heh.
Feb 24, 2021 11:23 AM

Feb 2010
arn't most shows overall rating around 7 unless they are the insanely popular ones?

so yes i have many that are at 7 granted most are considered cult classics

such as nanoha, and dirty pair.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 24, 2021 11:24 AM

Oct 2018
Yeah! Kuromajo-san ga Tooru is one for me, I thought it was a great mini comedy series but it's at 6.5.
Feb 24, 2021 11:24 AM

Mar 2013
Can't look it up rn but I probably have? Or will in the future if I like the series enough.
Tbh I don't pay much attention to how others have rated the show or how high rated it is so eh.
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Feb 24, 2021 11:58 AM

Mar 2017
I've given 9s to a few anime that had MAL scores below 7. I've also done the opposite, given low scores to anime that had high MAL scores.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Feb 24, 2021 12:16 PM

Mar 2016
Kono oto tomare (first season) I ranked it a 9 but it's 7.87 on mal

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police ๐Ÿ˜ซ
Feb 24, 2021 12:29 PM

Dec 2012
Probably, but I couldn't care less what some number a mathematical algorithm derived from a very suspect community primarily consisting of trolls and dual accounts gives a show in the first place. I just give it what I think it deserves.

I'm pretty sure I rate these higher than most though:

Aldnoah Zero
Aquarian Age-Sign For Evolution
Beatless/Beatless Final Stage
Dances With the Dragons
Fairy Gone/Fairy Gone: Season 2
Ghost Talker's Daydream
Heroic Age
Homeroom Affairs (Tanin no Kankei)
In Another World With My Smartphone
Infinite Ryvius
Kiddy Grade
Kurenai
Parasite Dolls
Portrait of Petite Cossette
Psycho Pass Seasons 2 and 3
Rideback
Stratos 4/Stratos 4: Advance
We Without Wings
Witch Hunter Robin
KruszerFeb 24, 2021 1:19 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Feb 24, 2021 12:47 PM

Oct 2017
peetmeed said:
Skirroz98_NL said:
Rent A Girlfriend has a 7.37 on MAL. I gave it a 9 and I still don’t understand why the rating is so low.

Prob spoiler ahead although I don't deep dive in any details.

My biggest issue with the show isn't Kazuya, as said "he is a walking bruh moment" and that's fine, my pet peeve it's with the main girl, she is supposed to be a professional, she even says so and sometimes even act as one, but when it comes to the mc she looks like an amateur and makes everything worse. She is the one being paid here, she needs to get the act together, not the mc, unless she just want to milk all the money from Kazuyia and keep all that awkwardness in her life. Well that is one of the possibility, that she enjoys all of this and she is one of the evilest character in all of anime, yes I think she is way worse than dudes ex and that bitch is the devil reincarnetd, or the other possibility is that she is in fucking love, so stop taking away his money and go on a proper fucking date he is gonna pay the bill anyway so win win everyone get some action, jesusss, it's not that hard, then we have a good story of a dude that actually date a "rent girlfriend"....
On a side note I love how all the sexual desires are all focused on Kazuya, like women doesn't have needs or don't like sex. Women do like sex and have desires, I know it's a shock, 20th century was over over 20 years ago now, people get in the program.... Your mom was/is a horny person or else you wouldn't be born...... The more I write the more I realize how this show is a fucking cluster fuck I may have to lower my score.

If one of your friends showed up to a date with a girl like that, and apps to rent a girlfriend was something real, everyone would be checking the girls your bros take on a date to see if they are in the website/app... specially if your friend is something like our MC.

God how people give this credibility and say that she is best girl is beyond me. Actually I know why, because the author is smart and don't show her doing other "dates", and don't show the grittiness of what this life is about, so most of the audience who doesn't understand how this kind of service actually works and then avoid people going ape shit over him/her. So I'll just do a quick rundown main girl probably has at least one to three dates per day, with all kinds of different people and probably some bad ones who may try something that isn't on the guidelines, I guess you understand where I'm going with this...... This show is so bad why did you make me breakdown rent a girlfriend?

After saying all of that I think the show has a higher score than it deserve it should be a high 6, and I'll never understand why the main girl of the show is praised so much.

The author should have gone do some field research before writing any of this stuff or maybe s/he did and don't give a fuck and just want to milk some teenagers who wish renting a girlfriend was a thing....

-----

About my shows I Have no idea you gotta check my list by yourself, don't care what people think about my scores, they are mostly for me anyways.
Feb 24, 2021 12:50 PM

May 2020
Hmmmm , yes a lot of animes , like an example : Hajimete No Gal , I give it 10
Feb 24, 2021 12:56 PM

Dec 2015
Gokukoku no Brynhildr 9/10

Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai 9/10

Rewrite 9/10

Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu 9/10

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 9/10

Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi 9/10

Parasite Dolls 8/10

Angel Cop 8/10

M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane 8/10

Dies Irae 8/10 same with it s2.

Berserk 2016-2017 8/10

Fate/Extra: Last Encore 8/10

And so on, the day I start to care about what you guys thinks is the day I stop being me.
So I could care less if a show have a 5.0 rating if i enjoy it I will rate it high.

I just want one thing from Anime and that's entertainment and I get that from a interesting Anime. So score has nothing to do with it.

Feb 24, 2021 1:36 PM

Jan 2020
Kyrosys said:

but i remember giving franxx a 10 long ago

I had to debate really hard whether to give Franxx a 10/10 or a 5/10

hardest decision of my life
Feb 24, 2021 1:51 PM

Jun 2020
i've given anime that have 5ish a 7, and 6 an 8. not really sure about 9 though... definitely not a 10.
i never trust MAL scores. people on MAL think that 6 is a bad score, for some reason (it isn't), so most "lackluster" or bad anime is stuck with 6s, but you get a bunch of hidden gems in there as well. same with the opposite. utterely boring or shows that have alot of members get high scores, just because they're popular.
Feb 24, 2021 2:02 PM

Jan 2020
sekaiwaKIREI said:
Cyb3rGx1d said:
Only 2

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - 6.52

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu - 6.98

Arifureta a 10...
haven't seen that one before, usually everyone just hates it

Me neither lol

"Watching Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou feels like injecting yourself with a lethal dose of poison but you won’t die. Instead, you’re lying there in a pain of agony trying to move on to the next life." - Stark700

Very accurate ngl. Arifureta is my only 1/10 lmao. It was so painful to watch. I have no idea why I completed it haha
Btw, I know that some people like it and I am not trying to be a douche. It's just my opinion ^^
Feb 24, 2021 2:05 PM

Jan 2021
Krilun said:
sekaiwaKIREI said:

Arifureta a 10...
haven't seen that one before, usually everyone just hates it

Me neither lol

"Watching Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou feels like injecting yourself with a lethal dose of poison but you won’t die. Instead, you’re lying there in a pain of agony trying to move on to the next life." - Stark700

Very accurate ngl. Arifureta is my only 1/10 lmao. It was so painful to watch. I have no idea why I completed it haha
Btw, I know that some people like it and I am not trying to be a douche. It's just my opinion ^^

it deserves a 1/10 to be honest. the studio wasn't even trying with this shit, i've seen better animation from the 70s than this. they skipped a ton of LN content as well, and cancelled out the MCs character development. oh well, typical LN adaptations nowadays...
"ไธๅนธใ !" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Feb 24, 2021 2:07 PM

Dec 2020
nope, none
insert funny joke about mal letter limit here
Feb 24, 2021 2:11 PM

Dec 2019
i give a rating following my tastes.Sometimes the overall rating is low,but i liked an anime,so...i give a 10.I don't care about the overall rating at all,i have my own rating system and thats all(i'm always give a good note to any animes).
Feb 24, 2021 2:17 PM

Apr 2019
I dont have any 9s or 10s that fit that description but I do have one 8 that is defintely underrated - Hidamari no ki (6.87)
Bleach is best consumed with your ears open and your eyes closed.
Feb 24, 2021 2:38 PM

Jan 2020
sekaiwaKIREI said:
Krilun said:

Me neither lol

it deserves a 1/10 to be honest. the studio wasn't even trying with this shit, i've seen better animation from the 70s than this. they skipped a ton of LN content as well, and cancelled out the MCs character development. oh well, typical LN adaptations nowadays...

I get so dissapointed by adaptations in general tbh. Especially prequels. Many of my favourite series get ruined for me, because some other studio takes over and takes a huge shit on it (without even wiping their ass). Examples are: the promised neverland s2, tokyo ghoul s2 (and s3 and s4 is even worse somehow), the seven deadly sins s3 and one punch man s2
Feb 24, 2021 2:41 PM

Jan 2021
Krilun said:
sekaiwaKIREI said:

I get so dissapointed by adaptations in general tbh. Especially prequels. Many of my favourite series get ruined for me, because some other studio takes over and takes a huge shit on it (without even wiping their ass). Examples are: the promised neverland s2, tokyo ghoul s2 (and s3 and s4 is even worse somehow), the seven deadly sins s3 and one punch man s2

tokyo ghoul sequels really disappointed me. as a fan of the manga i saw root a and thought, 'why did they turn kaneki into an edgy self-insert badass whose actions make no sense at all?'. opm S2 was also disappointing, in fact, everything you pointed out i agree with.
"ไธๅนธใ !" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Feb 24, 2021 3:06 PM

Jun 2008
I rarely give out 9's and 10's, but I gave Aura Battler Dunbine a 9/10 and it's currently at 7.06 on MAL.
Feb 24, 2021 3:15 PM

Jan 2020
sekaiwaKIREI said:
Krilun said:

tokyo ghoul sequels really disappointed me. as a fan of the manga i saw root a and thought, 'why did they turn kaneki into an edgy self-insert badass whose actions make no sense at all?'. opm S2 was also disappointing, in fact, everything you pointed out i agree with.

Tokyo Ghoul was my first anime (except for Pokemon, Bakugan etc), so I have nostalgia for s1 and 2. I loved s1 and enjoyed s2, probably because it was my first proper anime and I barely had any standards back then. But when RE came out two years later, I was SO dissapointed. I also found out later on that s2 didn't even follow the manga... it's so stupid. I should probably rewatch s1 and 2 tho, because I watched it back in 2016 and I have much higher standards now
Feb 24, 2021 3:22 PM
Nov 2014
I did give 9 to Darling in the Franxx which is 7.3 on MAL. First of all, I don't get what the fuss is all about, OK, it's quite a weird anime at first, I've never really digged the mail protagonists (my thing, really, not the anime's fault) and the ending was definitely weak - but I enjoyed it. It actually enchanted me. Especially one particular motive stayed with me since I first watched it and became one of the most beautiful anime motives I've ever seen. Also, the graphic and animation was brilliant. So, yeah, nine for heavy emotions I felt and beautiful aesthetics.
Feb 24, 2021 3:24 PM
Jan 2021
Im pretty sure I gave Classroom of the Elite a 9 or 10 but its rated 7.8 (i think) and I also gave Ao-Chan cant study a 9 even though its like 6.82(I think)
Feb 24, 2021 3:32 PM

Nov 2020
Yea.
Domestic Girlfriend 6.77 10/10 (Considering what it’s about and how the manga did it much better it’s to be expected for it to get a 6.77)
There are more that are close to 7 but other than that this is it.
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Feb 24, 2021 3:32 PM
Apr 2019
Gave Gunjou No Magmell(6.03) a 9 and gave Juuni Taisen(6.55) a 10 โ”(๏ฟฃใƒ˜๏ฟฃ)โ”Œ
Feb 24, 2021 3:45 PM

Nov 2018
Not gonna lie, lots of shows given 9 whose ratings are less than 7 like Asterisk War,Shinmai and others.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Feb 24, 2021 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
I gave 9s to a lot of shows that have 5-6 average ratings like 100 Sleeping Princes of Dream Kingdom, Argonavis from Bang Dream, ARP Backstage Pass and Ensemble Stars.

I am simply one of the girls that like male idol anime. I don’t mind the CGi. Music is such an inspiration. I really like detailed art work so I like shoujo.
My list is very diverse and I watch every genre. So my taste is questionable to people.
Feb 24, 2021 4:34 PM

Aug 2020
I think not, but if that were the case, I still wouldn’t care about whether or not the anime has an overall rating between 6.3-7. My ratings are mostly subjective
Feb 24, 2021 6:32 PM
TMNT Lover

Oct 2017
I have a 4.3 average rating and I've rated a few things 10 and 9
Feb 24, 2021 11:45 PM

Aug 2020
Kemono-dono said:
The title says all, have any of you done this?

I once gave Yu-Gi-Oh a 10/10 after just replaying the 4kidz intro a good 10 times but my adrenaline faded its a 7 now

does that count
KuroGFXFeb 24, 2021 11:49 PM
Feb 24, 2021 11:57 PM

Oct 2012
Seoul Station is a whopping 5.82 on MAL. I don't understand what kind of crack all the reviewers are on. I think they were expecting fan service or something and weren't used to getting complex characterization.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» โ„๏ธ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

222 by Shizuna »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

61 by maya2003s »»
5 minutes ago

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

57 by shiro-seishun »»
6 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece part 2 (the sequel)

Cyborgium - 3 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
6 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

30 by LenRea »»
11 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.