Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 21, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, Happy Birthday to Eris! She's not very good at dancing but thanks to Rudy, she's improving.

Rudy and Eris' character chemistry is still a big selling point imo. Seems with every episode, the two understands each other more. And plus, Eris learns more skills by spending time with him. Oh and when she puts in the effort, I think Eris looks like a proper lady.
Feb 21, 2021 7:35 AM

Jul 2015
We can summarize the discussion in 3 points:

1- For anime only watcher: Eris' party and the dance training. What's that red ball?
2- The hot topic until next episode: OMG! Maid abuse!
3- LN/WN readers: Turning point next episode! Finally!

AdrianRubinskyFeb 21, 2021 7:41 AM
Feb 21, 2021 7:56 AM

Apr 2020
Rudi made a Roxy figure ?! and he was attracted when he saw Roxy's underwear even though it was a figure

Rudy and Eris practice dance together, and their dance is really good, they move beautifully.

She looks cute ...
Feb 21, 2021 8:09 AM

Jun 2019
Happy Birthday, Eris!!!
That was some adorable dancing even tho she wasn't that good at it. Props to Rudy, he's pretty good at it. Their relationship is surely improving.
Also, Eris was looking cute. :3
Feb 21, 2021 8:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really interesting development during Eris's 10th birthday ceremony, it's nice how Rudy managed to make her properly dance with him, and he's becoming quite popular xD even Eris is really starting to like him, really cute episode though (well... if we forgot how he wanted to touch her once again and that final scene lol)
Feb 21, 2021 8:24 AM

Jul 2020
Rudeus is still as perverted as ever! He made a roxy doll with removal clothes that's an exact copy of her and she found out. Yikes! The dance was quite fun to see, had me laughing throughout it, and rudeus learning new languages is nice as it shows that he's not settling like he did in his previous life. He walks in on his grandfather pounding it and acts normal? Okay? Anyways I really don't like that red saturn thing in the sky, seems foreboding!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Feb 21, 2021 8:28 AM

Feb 2019
Another masterfully crafted episode by studio bind. I still can’t believe how great an adaptation we’ve got so far. Eris is one of only like 4 tsunderes that I can tolerate and like. Loved seeing her and Rudeus’ dance animated.

This episode ended exactly where I expected. I’m thinking they’re going to split the end of volume 2 in half, so next week will be Rudeus birthday and then the week after the big cliffhanger. Can’t wait to see that animated
Feb 21, 2021 8:34 AM

Dec 2010
Another precious episode, more Roxy is always appreciated. <3
Feb 21, 2021 8:37 AM
Apr 2016
The amount of sexual jokes in this episode is just annoying, feels as if it's written by a 14-year-old in that regard. The dance was awkward but it turned out okay, but that's about all that's happened this episode.
Feb 21, 2021 8:39 AM

Aug 2013
Eris is 10 years old. Rudeus did a good job dancing with Eris. I really hate the way everyone was looking down on Eris.
Philip being a good wingman for Rudeus, and he is only 8. xD

Feb 21, 2021 8:40 AM

Jul 2019
Marinate1016 said:
so next week will be Rudeus birthday and then the week after the big cliffhanger. Can’t wait to see that animated

Good episode, not many awkward scenes, and the animation, as usual, was very well done. Rudeus and eris both seemed a lot more likable than what they were in last episode, and this episode also kinda had a message, so i very much appreciate it. Next episode will have some amazing scenes, and also some questionable ones, either way, im actually pretty excited.

Apr 2014
I want that Roxy figure. Those figures would be perfect if Rudeus color them.
何それ?意味分かんない

Jul 2017
Well, Eris is growing fine...aside from that Ojou-sama tsundere tantrum.

Even making a Roxy figure, but the panties are always a Holy Relic xD

Holdng a party for Eris's 10th birthday, that won't be a problem for Rudy to spend more time on outside stuff. But knowing Eris's style, the creeps of getting him involved once again is a HARD YES, now for the knack of dancing. I feel you Rudy, this girl is more than what you can handle, but try being persistent.

The letter from Roxy brings some good news to Rudy, but the statue figure...YELP HAHA.

At long last, the party goes on like usual...that's if Eris doesn't put a heist on this (to which she'll definitely cause a ruckus from all the expectation). Well thank God for Rudy to keep Eris on track with the dancing, and the 3D rotoscoping is pretty good I'd say.

Like uncle like son, Philip sure knows what Rudy is aiming for with "protection" HEH
"If you take one to bed, use protection" - Philip Boreas Greyrat
Kids are 10, yet "protection" hasn't been conceived yet...so how?

Going more ludicrious with the sex-themed meanings...I SEE.
KANLen09Feb 21, 2021 10:12 AM
Feb 21, 2021 8:43 AM
Oct 2016
Rudy having a breakthrough with Eris. A very low key episode revolving around Rudy helping Eris learn to dance. He relates a lot to her struggle with trying things you're not good at. Something that's hard for all of us, persevering even when faced with adversity. Eris is wicked with the sword after all she's learned from Ghislaine just needed to apply that movement to her dancing. Rudy trying to learn new languages with his sudden extra free time but having trouble with that himself. Shows us that while he may be a quick study in his new life he can't just breeze through everything he tries to do. The end of the episode while comical with Eris grandpa screwing one of the beast people servants they have there actually leads us into next episode showing that thing in the sky, which will be game changing. Its about to go down.
Feb 21, 2021 8:45 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Rudeus is a true man of culture, making that Roxy figure. I'm sure he would make a killing if he decided to make it a business. Hilarious that it actually ended up going to Roxy. xD
Very kind of Roxy to make Rudeus her own book for learning the demon language. My guess is that every race has their own language? At least that's how it sounds based on the name of the languages.

Eris is super cute whenever she smiles, the dance was great. I thought Paul and Zenith would show up for Eris's birthday, they are relatives right?

Really liked the scene where Rudeus gave the wands to Ghislaine and Eris. Ghislaine giving Eris the ring was nice too and who would've thought it actually worked. xD

The grandfather really goes at it huh?
The planet like thing in the sky seems ominous but who can tell?

Jun 2012
T U R N I N G P O I N T

It's finally happening!

Apr 2019
Good episode this time around, not as much weird pedo shit, good thing Rudeus and Eris were wholesome this time, great dance. That cringe prince and roxy stuff was unnecessary..

Jul 2018
This show is everything I love one minute and then everything I hate the next, its such a mixed experience its hard to hate or love the show.
Feb 21, 2021 8:46 AM

Jun 2012
mlzu said:
That cringe prince and roxy stuff was unnecessary..

That was in the WN, LN and the Manga. Why leave it out of the anime?
Feb 21, 2021 8:48 AM

Apr 2019
Glordit said:
mlzu said:
That cringe prince and roxy stuff was unnecessary..

Not talking about leaving out of the anime just leaving it out in general, it's just not necessary...

ps: don't wanna start a comment war lol so don't reply to this

Feb 21, 2021 8:53 AM

Jun 2012
mlzu said:
Glordit said:

Not talking about leaving out of the anime just leaving it out in general, it's just not necessary...

Don't worry you are not even worth the effort.
Feb 21, 2021 8:55 AM
Dec 2012
Only thing I didn't understand, why was Eris sleeping on Rudy's bed? And why didn't he seem surprised by it?

I love this anime so much, every episode better than the previous, hope it goes all the way to the end of the LN.
Feb 21, 2021 8:58 AM

Jul 2015
Not gonna lie.. this anime reminds me so much of game thrones s1-3..
all this random sex and references omegalul..
i'm freaking enjoying it! also.. The anime is a walking masterpiece with its well paced development and the world building that hints but doesn't throws straight up mysteries at yer face.. also.. love the prince gropping Roxy xD
Feb 21, 2021 8:59 AM
Jan 2021
Can't wait for people to hate on the episode cause of 5 seconds of the "I'm gonna assault you" scene.
Feb 21, 2021 9:01 AM
Apr 2016
yorokobe9385 said:
Only thing I didn't understand, why was Eris sleeping on Rudy's bed? And why didn't he seem surprised by it?

I love this anime so much, every episode better than the previous, hope it goes all the way to the end of the LN.

She fell asleep there after the party because she was tired from all the commotion. They also drank some wine (even though the legal drinking age in Asura is 15) together with Ghislaine, so there's also that.
Feb 21, 2021 9:01 AM

Jun 2014
Oh brother, that scene with the prince that Roxy is training licking the figure of her that Rudy made.....just lmao xD

Very impressive dance performance from Rudy and Eris. Thankfully that got those nobles to stfu. And ngl, for a second I thought Rudy was going to walk in on Eris' grandfather fucking her mom LOL, not a beast maid. That would have been something lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 21, 2021 9:02 AM

Jan 2021
mlzu said:
Good episode this time around, not as much weird pedo shit, good thing Rudeus and Eris were wholesome this time, great dance. That cringe prince and roxy stuff was unnecessary..

It's a setup for
Feb 21, 2021 9:02 AM

Jan 2019
Quotes from this episode:
Rudeus: Did I do something wrong?
Rudeus: If I ever see her again, I'll get her to let me lick her feet.
Greyrat Dude: If you take one to bed, use protection.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Feb 21, 2021 9:03 AM

May 2020
Eris looks so gorgeous :0

Feb 21, 2021 9:05 AM

Oct 2017
That short training combat scene at the begining was lit af. Rudy decided to learn three different language at the same time, that's gonna be really tough but he'll proly gonna be able to do it. Also it's sweet of Roxy to send him a hand written textbook to help him in his demon god language studies.

Eris and Rudy's dance was beautiful, I squeed. Eris is slowly getting attached to Rudy, I like how she was acting proud when the dance teacher recognized his efforts.

Finally lol the grandpas a Greyrat allright. Going at it hard first thing in the morning. Also what was the red thing. Rudy wished that girls fall from the sky, is that forshadowing that somethings gonna fall from the sky? Like meteors perhaps.
Feb 21, 2021 9:05 AM

Jul 2017
It's kind of amazing. A week ago, I was really mixed to negative on this series and the first couple volumes of the novels that I read, and now, I finished the novels and actually really like the series in the end even with the issues I had, and the controversial themes that took place here. Makes me reflect on the anime too with much more positive thoughts than I would have ever imagined, especially given how I'm pretty strict with my ratings and thoughts.

This was a good episode. I went from really not liking Eris last week, to liking her quite a bit after the novels and to see her like this gives me a bit of nostalgia, and shows me a side to her character that I appreciate a lot more now. Her voice is still tough, but despite her overly aggressive and immature mindset, with the help of Rudeus, she still tries to give her all whether its in magic, in studies or even in etiquette and dancing on her tenth birthday. The dance was really good too, and Rudeus incorporating Eris' battle training with dodges that she clearly cares the most for, into the routine to help her dance in public was really smooth.

Also, love the Roxy letter too. Too bad she's stuck with such a horny prince who makes Rudeus look like a saint in comparison. Man was licking her figure with the most predatorial looking movements I've seen, genuinely creepy. At least Rudeus was subtle with his perversions at his young age to Roxy lol. Still though, it's nice seeing Roxy still try her best after training Rudeus, and still wanting to help him out by preparing a whole textbook for the Demon Language for him to study (and I liked the line about her crying if she sees her textbook be sold for money to a shop).

Overall, a good episode. Definitely helps that I've read the books now and find the whole series to be really good, otherwise probably would have found it average again. Feel like a new person with these forum posts for this show.
Feb 21, 2021 9:09 AM

Aug 2013
Glordit said:
T U R N I N G P O I N T

It's finally happening!

Not quite yet Definite Promise is not over.
Feb 21, 2021 9:10 AM

Nov 2014
I loved dance scene. It felt really nicely done - pretty but not over the top, with just right emotions.
I'm surprised he sold that figure, especially if it had such advanced features...
Next episode's title got me worried. Serious sounding title and "1" near it is screaming "cliffhanger time". But knowing myself I'll still watch it asap and then suffer waiting next week.

mlzu said:
Glordit said:

It's forum, not some comment section. Forums are made to discuss. There might be shitty culture of writting posts without reading anything and hoping nobody will dare to disagree, but that's not how forums are supposed to work.
Feb 21, 2021 9:10 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I really like that they are taking their time for Eris, but I m concerned that this season has only 11 episodes.
Don´t feel that adapting vol3 in 3 episodes, is the right call, at all...

Anyway, I guess this episode was not very problematic to all these that keep the same argument... what I have to say to you is:
Cant deal with it, drop out, you are doing yourself and everyone a favor.

I m saying this because I expected to see on this episode, something that will definitely appear on the next episode, that will get all you whiners foaming and going crazy.

Guess some people don't have much to do with their lives other than an argument about the nature of the MC itself.

Thankfully, next episode should end up with something that will leave all the rest of those that can actually see behind it, extremely excited for what it is to come.

Thus far, while the dance scene was great and they switched things like when Rudeous hints on a better way for Eris to move while dancing, I m not a fan of them cutting some protagonism from Sauros, also I liked Eris dress way more on the LN and on the Manga, it felt like a downgrade here.

If I can only nitpick like that, it really goes to show on how great of an adaptation it has become thus far, and things are definitely going to improve more and more.

One detail is, how taller Eris is than Rudeous, I m expecting to see him becoming almost as tall as her, as their grown up~~
Neat detail.

PlaycoolFeb 21, 2021 9:14 AM
Feb 21, 2021 9:15 AM
May 2012
mlzu said:
Glordit said:

It was extremely necessary for reasons that will only happen 2 or 3 seasons from now
Feb 21, 2021 9:18 AM
Oct 2013
Yup, I'm sure loved the way they adapting this episode, the takeaway key points in this episode:

- I love the way they showed Rudi learning new languages which in hindsight will be very valuable later.
- When he tried to grope Eris and then see that ring and was like "Nah, I'm a better man than Paul" and stop his attempt really made me laugh myself out.
- I also like how they show the perverted nature of Philip, Sauros, Ranoa prince which showed a dissimilarity between Mushoku Tensei's world culture and our culture in terms of how they viewed sexuality and pervertedness.

And looks like we now know who's the production team's fav girl right now. That turning point title for the next ep not only ominous but cement the end of the prologue of Mushoku Tensei. Kudos to those who persist up until this ep. You will be rewarded by this anime.
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Feb 21, 2021 9:19 AM

Jan 2014
Fun episode all round, it's nice seeing him actually resisting, but also doing more nice things. Also poor Roxy, having to deal with that must be a damn pain. Even I felt uneasy a bit seeing that kid lick the figure lol.

Apr 2019
brazileirobr said:
mlzu said:

It was extremely necessary for reasons that will only happen 2 or 3 seasons from now
Oh if it actually adds something to the plot and is meaningful then that's actually good foreshadowing, thanks for the heads up!

Dec 2012
Playcool said:
I really like that they are taking their time for Eris, but I m concerned that this season has only 11 episodes.
Don´t feel that adapting vol3 in 3 episodes, is the right call, at all...

Anyway, I guess this episode was not very problematic to all these that keep the same argument... what I have to say to you is:
Cant deal with it, drop out, you are doing yourself and everyone a favor.

I m saying this because I expected to see on this episode, something that will definitely appear on the next episode, that will get all you whiners foaming and going crazy.

Guess some people don't have much to do with their lives other than an argument about the nature of the MC itself.

Thankfully, next episode should end up with something that will leave all the rest of those that can actually see behind it, extremely excited for what it is to come.

Thus far, while the dance scene was great and they switched things like when Rudeous hints on a better way for Eris to move while dancing, I m not a fan of them cutting some protagonism from Sauros, also I liked Eris dress way more on the LN and on the Manga, it felt like a downgrade here.

If I can only nitpick like that, it really goes to show on how great of an adaptation it has become thus far, and things are definitely going to improve more and more.

One detail is, how taller Eris is than Rudeous, I m expecting to see him becoming almost as tall as her, as their grown up~~
Neat detail.

Man, I'm looking forward to all of the crying and bitching that will happen after next week's episode hahah.
Feb 21, 2021 9:20 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
That was an amazing episode. The last episode was extremely fast paced so i was afraid if the adaptation would start falling but now that I've seen this episode, all my worries are gone. It was truly a 10/10 adaptation. The Action scene in the beginning was amazing, the Dance scene was beautiful and Eris was cute too.
Although my thoughts rn are just

Feb 21, 2021 9:20 AM

Apr 2019
Ellenwitch said:
Fun episode all round, it's nice seeing him actually resisting, but also doing more nice things. Also poor Roxy, having to deal with that must be a damn pain. Even I felt uneasy a bit seeing that kid lick the figure lol.
Like Rudy said, I guess the ring actually works! lmao

Feb 21, 2021 9:21 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
yorokobe9385 said:

It was good that you said that, wanted to comment on it but forgotten.
Roxy teaches Rudeous that it is a costume for the master to give a present to their students at their graduation, thus Rudeous gave both of them a wand.
What the adaptation skipped is that Ghislaine was very hungry in the party, but was not able to eat, since she was a bodyguard, thus Rudeous told the waitress to bring some food and drink to his room so that the 3 of them could party up in private later.

And both Rudeous and Eris ended falling asleep and Ghislaine left them alone, thus you get that scene where he awakes up near her.
Also, the ring was supposed to protect from wolves, so with that comment, Rudeous is calling himself one, saying it prevented him from messing up with Eris when she was sleeping so carefree.
Cute.

Ellenwitch said:

Dont forget that prince, he will appear in S2 and will appear again much later in the series.
The greatest thing about MT is how its worldbuilding is set and you slowly explore and discover about it, it actually feels like a real-world, alive, and what you were feed previously does come to matter at some point, even if it takes a long time for it to happen.
PlaycoolFeb 21, 2021 9:27 AM
Feb 21, 2021 9:21 AM

Nov 2016
Training and booby action, now that's how I like my episodes to start.

And ho, see there, Rudeus can be a gentleman as well. The dancing was pretty nice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 21, 2021 9:30 AM

Jun 2012
Wim said:
Glordit said:
T U R N I N G P O I N T

It's finally happening!

They'll probably start merging to the two now. They got 4 episodes to go.

Feb 21, 2021 9:33 AM

Jan 2021
Yay, happy birthday Eris, that dance was incredible, her attitude is gradually changing for better xd.
And what the f*ck is that sphere at the end?
Clas1ckFeb 21, 2021 9:45 AM
Feb 21, 2021 9:34 AM
Aug 2017
blank said:
The amount of sexual jokes in this episode is just annoying, feels as if it's written by a 14-year-old in that regard. The dance was awkward but it turned out okay, but that's about all that's happened this episode.

Brother, just stop.
Like MT is for seinen, if you like shounen just go and leave

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
KuniiFeb 21, 2021 10:58 PM
Feb 21, 2021 9:41 AM

Oct 2018
Good to see the culture of waifu figures spreading in the world.

Feb 21, 2021 9:42 AM

Aug 2013
Glordit said:
Wim said:

They'll probably start merging to the two now. They got 4 episodes to go.

Got to remember this was meant to be 2 cour with 23 episodes so the break point probably wont make sense. Not rushed it yet so hopefully they will continue the trend.

Going to be at least two episodes before anything happens.
Feb 21, 2021 9:44 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
"If you take one to bed, use protection"

Philip, bro? They're all 10 and under 😳

At least Rudeus didn't do anything weird while Eris was sleeping this time.

However, he did technically take Eris to bed, and didn't follow Philip's advice of using protection 😤.
Feb 21, 2021 9:51 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
SomethinRandumb said:
Lamss said:
"If you take one to bed, use protection"

Philip, bro? They're all 10 and under 😳

At least Rudeus didn't do anything weird while Eris was sleeping this time.

However, he did technically take Eris to bed, and didn't follow Philip's advice of using protection 😤.

Go study history, it doesn't even make sense because there was no "protection" at this point.

It was just a joke mate.

Also I don't think it would be unreasonable for a world with magic, beast people and demons to also have methods of protection.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

385 by Omnistive »»
Today, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Is Season 2, Part 1 as good as Season 1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Apr 24

23 by R0r5ch4ch »»
Apr 26, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

467 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 26, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

229 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 26, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

336 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 26, 12:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.