Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 21, 2021 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, this episode had a mixed feelings of emotions especially from Shiki Tademaru.

The way it explores his character story includes family origins (mostly his parents) and other elements about his history. Kinda interesting imo especially if you like his character.
Stark700Feb 21, 2021 5:37 AM
Feb 21, 2021 5:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
OMG best episode so far imo, the plot is really becoming darker and serious, the whole explanations about Shiki's parents and what did Shiki's uncle with his mother to get that golden string is extremely creepy... and they ended the episode with a cliffhanger, I wonder if he'll really kill him or not
Feb 21, 2021 6:00 AM

Jul 2017
Going to see Shiki's parents back in his hometown, interesting! I'd wonder how his backstory would be like considering his personality.

The story of "The Spider's Thread", a nice story from folklore poet Ryuunosuke Akutagawa.

Shiki's uncle Akio Tademaru is such an enticing man, and also a folklore poet. Knowing that his mum's also a Kemono, plus the death of both his parents, that should not come as a surprise.

NGL, the hot springs only made Akira look like a girl, and of course, baka-kitsune Nobimaru has to barge in and intercept the Kemonos, a friendly gesture for now.

The flashback cross-sketching of Shiki's mom's demise, that genuinely gave me a scare, as to learning how Shiki suffered trauma in the first place (with the bugs last episode). And to think that Shiki's uncle was the root cause behind this Kemono travesty (even Inari labelling him on the blacklist), it's scrutiny in the ugliest sense of lies and deceit towards the growing child as reality starts to set in.

Of course, Inugami trying to stop Inari from investigating this issue, he must have a plan for this.

But yet, it's sick when you sacrifice a Kemono for money though. This "golden thread" webbing to tear a family apart, it's schizophrenic.
Feb 21, 2021 6:06 AM
Oct 2016
Well that was extremely unsettling. This show can get super dark when it's wants to. Shiki learning the truth about his parents was horrifying. Father died by "accident", mother experimented on to make money. Shiki uncle is a horrible man whom made my stomach turn this episode. Shiki having to discover his mother in such a state is no wonder traumatizing for a young kid. I completely empathize with Shiki after learning the truth. He's been through so much but still keeps going. I'm glad his uncle got put down at the end. Inugami helping to have this part of Shiki life laid to rest. Nobimaru coming in acting creepy with Kabane was weird. His blank eyes creeped me out. Hope that Kabane can learn about his parents but not with such a sad story behind it.
Feb 21, 2021 6:11 AM

Jun 2012
If you thought this episode was messed up, wait until next week.
Feb 21, 2021 6:35 AM

Jul 2020
Episode started off quite normal, with Shiki taking his parents deaths like a champ and the usual kabane not reading into the situation well. Honestly thought that was that, and they were going to have fun BUT GUESS NOT. Shiki had a seriously messed up past because of his uncle, like he raised his nephew because he had monetary gain from it and nothing else! That's seriously messed up. Kabane's still jokes with not stopping shiki from killing his uncle and Inugami egging the uncle on was great to see. This series just got a whole lot darker and can't wait for next episode! Where exactly did Akira end up and who's the young girl that looks like shikis mother? I personally think it is shiki's mum because the uncle did say that the web worked, surely it could reverse aging as well?
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Feb 21, 2021 6:57 AM
Jul 2018
this episode was the best one so far. it showed how dark, unsettling and messed up this show can be. what happened to shiki's mother was so disturbing and his uncle is a piece of trash.

btw that little girl looks so much alike shiki's mother. is she his sister or what?
Feb 21, 2021 6:58 AM

Mar 2020
If you thought this episode was messed up, wait until next week. [/quote]
Agreed
Feb 21, 2021 6:59 AM

Jun 2019
I think the story is finally getting serious. That was a dark episode. This show is really focusing on such elements finally. Let's see what happens next. Also, the OST was really beautiful.
Feb 21, 2021 7:04 AM

Jul 2017
Fine episode overall, with a pretty intense ending there with Shiki reeking of bloodlust for revenge.
Feb 21, 2021 7:05 AM
Oct 2020
The shiki backstory, obviously the little girl watching shiki plays a role in the operation his uncle was running. The immortal silk business probably could have worked out if his uncle wasn't a psychopath.
Friend Request?

Feb 21, 2021 7:06 AM

Oct 2017
This got dark fast. So uh what I got from all this is that by forcing random kemonos on Shiki's mom she was used to breed a type of kemono that can produce golden silk, wtf man. Also I'm guessing that girl that looks like Shiki's mom is the product which makes golden webs.
Feb 21, 2021 7:08 AM

Jun 2020
Wow what a great albeit disturbing episode. I feel like this is getting really good now. That girl is probably Shiki's half sister, and Uncle's proudest achievement.
This anime shit is addictive
Feb 21, 2021 7:58 AM

Apr 2019
wow, best episode so far imo, satisfactory backstory on shiki.

Feb 21, 2021 7:59 AM

Feb 2019
Fuck Tademaru. It was so obvious that he was behind everything from the start. I was just curious as to how his plan came about. This episode was so damn dark though.

Shiki’s dad “accidentally” slipped and fell to his death lol sure. I hope shiki gives him what he deserves next episode.

Right off the bat I assumed the girl with the pink hair was Shiki’s little sister, I’m interested to see how she’ll come into the mix next week.
Feb 21, 2021 8:00 AM
Nov 2020
I really wish this show would get more hype I love it so much
Feb 21, 2021 8:45 AM
Jan 2018
Never expected this to take a dark turn honestly. Was just watching while chillin with my small brother playing near me and then suddenly those scenes came.

TBH I always welcome some darkness in the story so it was a good fit for me but I think its not good watching on your TV in front of everyone. xD
Really looking forward to this series too as now would have to shut doors before watching same as Redo of a Healer.
Feb 21, 2021 8:51 AM
Feb 2021
Did Shiki's mom get raped by that Kemono as a part of extracting the silk? I didn't quite understand that part
Feb 21, 2021 8:55 AM
Feb 2021
I feel sad for Shiki for seeing his mother being violated by some kind of kemono.Not once,but many times.Just thinking about it makes want to throw up.I know that his mother to that for his own good but man,this is going too far..I hope his uncle will suffer..
Lozox1502Feb 21, 2021 8:59 AM
Feb 21, 2021 9:01 AM

Jan 2014
Ah yes this. Remember hating him when I read this in the manga. Fucking asswipe. Adaptation really told the story well, great stuff.
Feb 21, 2021 9:34 AM

Mar 2020

Did Shiki's mom get raped by that Kemono as a part of extracting the silk? I didn't quite understand that part[/quote]

Yes
Feb 21, 2021 9:36 AM

Mar 2020
Man i am so satisfied with the adapt honestly. They even added an additional scene that was not present in the manga on how he found about his mother. The next episode is going to be the best one in the current season though. Anyways it was great to see how it turned out to be
Feb 21, 2021 9:56 AM

Aug 2020
This show is pretty dark if you ask me, not for the weak hearted.
Feb 21, 2021 10:13 AM

Oct 2014
Wow, this is the best episode so far.
Love how they are expanding on Shikis character and backstory, things are getting darker.
Will he kill his uncle or not is the question? Is his mother actually even dead?
Interesting to see where this takes us.
Feb 21, 2021 11:20 AM

Oct 2015
That was a dark but good episode.
Found out what really happened to Shiki's mom and the uncle is messed up and creepy.
Also the pink-haired little girl... maybe she's the part of the uncle's achievement or something.
So far I'm kinda liking this anime ^^
Feb 21, 2021 11:21 AM

Jun 2019
It feels like this anime is struggling with what it wants its audience to be. The horror and “mature” elements are not shown very clearly to keep the rating dow, but as a result, it feels like the anime doesn’t have the edge to keep up with the content.

Like in the instance when Shiki revisits the shack, the presentation when Shiki opened the door was a mess and unable to be processed, requiring an implied explanation for us to learn what was going on. If you want to deal with horrifying content, you gotta have the audacity to go through with the presentation.
Feb 21, 2021 11:36 AM

Oct 2020
It must be hard on Shiki having to dig up the most traumatic memory he had of seeing his mother being used as a breeding pit for various monsters. Now learning that his Uncle whom he thought raised him out of the kindness of his heart, was lying to him the whole time while being the one responsible for what happened to his mom. Really curious about that pink haired girl and hope that uncle get what's coming to him.

Feb 21, 2021 12:17 PM
Sep 2017
daxota_weeb69 said:
Did Shiki's mom get raped by that Kemono as a part of extracting the silk? I didn't quite understand that part
technically she's consenting to it but yeah its a mix of sex and artificial insemination to produce a baby that has the gold silk he desired
Feb 21, 2021 12:21 PM

Sep 2019
This was disturbing, I feel so angry. Wanna punch that asshole.
Feb 21, 2021 1:07 PM

Nov 2011
I think my favorite part of the episode was Shiki asking Kabane if it's a good idea to kill his uncle and Kabane just says "Okay" lol God Damn I love Blunt Kabane.

Pretty clear with the resemblance to Shiki's mother the pink hair'd girl is her offspring from those experiments. Making her Shiki's half sister.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 21, 2021 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, it has been a long time since a charachter made me so angry that I wish I could stick my hand trough the screen, get him out of it and do some disturbing experiments dispose of him myself...

I like how Nobimaru tries to get something out of Kabane and make him do something wrong but Kabane is just too dull. I also think that Nobimaru might know something about Kabane's parents, altough I'm not sure, he could just be trying to piss him of and that's all.
Feb 21, 2021 2:12 PM
Jul 2019
So, Shiki's mom was used by his uncle as a science experiment...
Feb 21, 2021 2:29 PM

Jul 2012
I was so excited to see Shiki's story animated that I completly forgot how messed up it was.... and then it hit me and how much I hated his uncle when I read this..

It was the first arc in the manga that got me truly invested and made Shiki one if not my favourite character in the series.
-miraiiFeb 21, 2021 2:36 PM
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Feb 21, 2021 4:11 PM
Nov 2020
I thought Shiki's mom and uncle were working together for a common goal. If that was the case, why did the experimentation involve having to chain down the mom to the operating table?
Feb 21, 2021 4:36 PM

Jan 2020
It seems like this is getting darker and hopefully it does ngl. I'm glad I hear Akira Ishida's vocie

Feb 21, 2021 5:48 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow! Its actually pretty darker than i predict.

Apparently, the reason behind Shiki's trauma and his parents mystery were all caused by his human relative. Its his own uncle, and his greedy desires that made Shiki's sufferred by killing his mother at those all golden webbing experimentation. Tanuki (Inugami-san) and Kitsune kemono (Inari-sama) were actually the one that responsible to shutted that experiment down, in order to kept the kemono society out of the human general knowledge.

But, in one side, Inugami-san also wanted Shiki to be matured enough to handle the situations by taken care of the incident alone by himself. Thats the reason behind their relations background, and why he wanted to adopt Shiki at his work office. Such a wise decision that Inugami got there, even though the result over those human, kinda dark.

Well, its actually understandable matter, and its completely the opposite direction from the previous incident. The human side was the first cause. Well, what happened if that thing has been found out to Kabane parents? Now i understand Nobimaru's tricky words, even though i still can't believed it in the first place. Well said, boy.

Interesting revelations episode, but its not over yet, and i guess that little pink hair girl also connected to Shiki too. Maybe its his uncle creation over Shiki's mom experimentation that led to her death, as he said before. Hmm, if its right, then, yep its sad and dark. I dunno (well, looks like its obvious with those direction. Just kill him already, Shiki xd). So, lets see it at the next episode....
badabassFeb 21, 2021 6:03 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 21, 2021 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
damn interesting backstory and stuff for shiki, knew something was off about his uncle from the start. welp, wonder what he'll do to him next episode...
Feb 21, 2021 6:10 PM

Oct 2015
This uncle man...

Suuure everything just happened the way you wanted it to. Just a coincidence that your brother who didn't want go along with your plan died. That your sister-in-law conveniently and willingly agreed to go along with your plan. That she died, right after you got your results.

I hope they can rescue the girl from him.
Feb 21, 2021 8:17 PM

Jan 2018
Shiki's uncle throwing out them Shou Tucker vibes. Dude is trash.

I am guessing Shiki has a half-sister, or that was somehow his mother? Dark episode, but good.
Feb 21, 2021 8:41 PM
Dec 2020
Well shit shiki’s uncle is a fraud. Also This anime deserves a second season to cover the rest.
Feb 21, 2021 9:40 PM

Oct 2016
Damn that was a great ass episode, I thought the episode title was going to be about Kon finally finding a home in the Inugami gang but boy am I dead wrong.

I knew the uncle was kind of shady a few minutes in but he's way fucking worse, I doubt Shiki's brother died "accidentally" and then he fucking took advantage of Kumi's love for Shiki and experimented on her, Jesus this guy is fucked up. I am assuming that pink haired girl was the result of those experiments.

Love how Nobimaru's provoking has no effect on Kabane and when Shiki said he'll kill his uncle, Kabane is like "Sure" lmao. Why'd they leave poor Akira alone though , ngl he looked really cute with the hair bun. Looking forward to the next episode, I wonder if Shiki will really kill his uncle.
Feb 21, 2021 9:57 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Of course the uncle was actually a bad guy lol, I knew he seemed pretty shady but didn’t expect him to be that messed up, and he even genuinely thinks what he did was right. I doubt Shiki can actually kill him but based on what some people are saying here, we’ll just have to wait and see. I was first thinking the little girl was Shiki’s mom in a new body or something but half-sister might make more sense. Also, Akira with his hair up... something I didn’t know I needed lol.
Feb 22, 2021 4:46 AM

Mar 2016
Ishida Akira plays so many hard-to-trust characters that I was considering the possibility of the uncle being a bad guy from the moment he spoke. However, I didn't expect that he'd be unaware he was doing something bad. I like that they didn't show a guy who is bad because he's bad. (Ishida Akira also dies a lot, so I wonder if this character will die too.)

Nobimaru's ears don't suit him at all, but he still looks cute with them.

Bubble-covered Kabane was also adorable!

Were they using Shiki's mum to make different kemonos? Also, the little girl resembles Shiki's mum.

Nabimaru is an interesting character so far. I hope we don't ever have to hate him. Even if he happens to be one of the antagonists, I hope he's one of those antagonists that you can't help of love.
Feb 22, 2021 5:25 AM

Jun 2016
234Mannan said:

Yes[/quote]
i think so ..
shiki's uncle trying to breeding a child from shiki's mom and that creature to create a baby with ability golden web.

damn my fantasy going crazy to thinking that
Feb 22, 2021 6:55 AM
Oct 2018
Best new anime of the season
Feb 22, 2021 2:07 PM

Mar 2017
Tademaru is one sick bastard; he used Kumi when she was vulnerable and made her do something so horrific before he took her son away from her. He's a real piece of shit and he definitely deserves to suffer but I hope Shiki doesn't kill him; he's a kind and compassionate boy and it'll end up breaking him if he does it.
Feb 22, 2021 5:45 PM

Apr 2020
I hope Shiki kills his uncle but I doubt this will happen
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Feb 22, 2021 9:57 PM
Mar 2015
Uncel is the monster here No wonder Inari wanted to kill him
Feb 23, 2021 12:26 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! Shiki is gonna do justice and revenge!
totally fine with it! because it the mother we're talking about your true biological parent!
hyped for the next ep!
5/5.

Feb 23, 2021 3:31 AM
Jan 2020
Shiki’s past is very dark, I have got to admit it. He lost a lot while he was young and even his uncle used his mother so that he could get money. I was quite shaking and sad to see how Shiki’s story ended. All his real family is gone now.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 7, 2021

97 by GoldenCl0ver »»
Mar 13, 11:04 AM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

85 by Oh_MumenRider »»
Mar 9, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ashhk - Jan 17, 2021

105 by silent_lurker »»
Dec 25, 2023 6:05 PM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 10, 2021

144 by silent_lurker »»
Dec 25, 2023 5:46 PM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Mar 28, 2021

109 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.