Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 7, 2021 10:02 PM

Apr 2018
Damn, they were so cute together when they were holding hands.

I can't believe Hori actually admitted kinda to having Miyamura as her bf.
Feb 7, 2021 10:20 PM

Nov 2014
Yeah...!!! finally one of my favorite awaited moments from HoriMiya

Hori's being awkward after hearing the confession and decided to skip school for 1 day. And....Misunderstanding started after shouta seen Miyamura holding girl arm, that actually Shindou GF, Chika.. he even holding Shindou arm too XD. Both of them were falll and had a sprain so Miyamura helping them to walk. The combination of awkward and jealousy keeping her uneasy around Miyamura and somehow she couldn't control it and throw books into Miyamura's face haha...
Good grief the misunderstanding is cleared later on.

Misunderstanding cleared and just in time when they confirming their feeling with each other.. finally Hori's dad appeared XD. His goofy and laid-back personality was funny and humorous, even Hori's(and her mom too :D) being harsh toward her dad because of his personality haha... well despite of that, he directly take a liking into Miyamura. Now he got full family members recognition and approval after her mom and brother XD. The moments that both HoriMiya blushing together when her dad asked whether they're going out or not were adorable and cute. Loved that hand-holding scene in the end.... and Miyamura blushing once again haha because of embarassed.

It seems Miyamura informed Ishikawa about his relationship now with Hori as they are going out now and he supported him while he felt little unspirited knowing that he has known Hori's longer but she ended up with Miyamura. Meanwhile Sakura sees Ishikawa's feeling unspirited recently and realized she really watched over him and like him but can't even be honest to her bestfriend, Ayasaki because she felt inferior to her as her backstory tells. Well in then she could be honest to her and tells her that she fell in love. Despite the awkwardness between him and Miyamura, Ishikawa told him no need to to keep thinking about that and just becoming like usual. The last scene of cute talks about calling each other first name basis tho... Just another adorable HoriMiya moment.

Again... they did the same rushed pacing again by skipping some of the "essential" chapters. They skipped chapter 21, still good grief they fully adapted 22 and 23 since those are essential and important chapters on their development. as for 24 and 25 in this episode , they cut some great and essential moments portion such as Ishikawa backstory of how he was liking Hori in the past, some of Sakura's backstory too, swiming pool ones, and Miyamura's bonding with Hori's dad. Well.. as usual i still enjoyed it very much. There should be another great moments following these chapter adaptations/ episode.. .. I hope they adapted it well. Can't wait to see next episode !! XD.
Feb 7, 2021 11:13 PM

Jun 2019
hell yes, best character is here

kyousuke is the greatest
Feb 8, 2021 3:33 AM

Oct 2008
so they're gonna keep dragging-on the: "they're not yet official" thingy huh...

Feb 8, 2021 3:41 AM

Apr 2012
Wow, their relationship is actually progressing. This is why I love this anime so much because they don't just run the same round over and over again, there is development in every single episode. Also Ishikawa best boy, everyone should have a friend like him.
Feb 8, 2021 6:12 AM

Sep 2020
Looks like Hori-San is still flustered about the random confession xD
It was hilarious how she throws books at Miyamura xD
Ohh, looks like we got introduced to Hori-San's dad, Kyosuke.
He just barged in when they were having a lovely conversation xD
And now, hori-san and Miyamura Kun are a couple, nice!!

With Sakura holding a crush on Tooru, when Remi asked her what was wrong while she spaced out, that part was emotional, just how much do they care for each other xD

Looking forward for another awesome episode!
Feb 8, 2021 6:14 AM

Oct 2018
Hori-san now getting jealous of Miyamura-kun walking together with Chika-chan. Hori-san throwing her book on his face out of jealousy is awesome. XD

Oh, looks like her father has returned home. But what's more hillarious is how everything he says something weird always ends up with Hori-san beating him. XD

I thought there will be a dramatic situation between her father and mother, but nope and it's funny too.

Hori-san and Miyamura-kun handholding through the night. I really love it. Probably one of the sweetest episode in this anime. XD

Perhaps we will see Tooru and Sakura going out together later in the anime. But still Remi and Sakura both are really cute. XD

Oh my, there's another one with the name Izumi (Souta's friend). And Miyamura-kun really wants Hori-san to call him by his first name. XD
Forum set made by Nate
Feb 8, 2021 6:28 AM
Nov 2020
My heart was booming too hard after this episode. I love how cute their relationship is.
Feb 8, 2021 6:33 AM
Oct 2019
The Opening Song was so good, i can listen to this everyday...

Kyousuke is voice by Ono Daisuke.. i love it...
I'm rarely seeing him playing this type of personality...lol

Hori and Miyamura scene just too cute...
Feb 8, 2021 7:10 AM

Jan 2016
Kyousuke moments were so entertaining xD He is not so welcomed by the rest of his family lol
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 8, 2021 8:43 AM
Apr 2020
he got out of the friendzone in just 5 episodes
Feb 8, 2021 10:47 AM
Aug 2020
The biggest thing I loved was the hori Family in the manga. It makes me want to have a really good relationship with my significant others family
Feb 8, 2021 12:04 PM
Nov 2020
I like how Hori-san and Miyamura-kun got together in a smooth, organic way. They didn't have to outright declare their affections for each other, and Miyamura-kun owned up to what he said to Hori-san (i.e. telling her that he loved her because he knew that she was awake) instead of playing the usual games. I like how Hori-san acknowledged his confession instead of overreacting and prolonging the chase. Instead, she gives her answer to Miyamura in a roundabout way by telling her dad that they are indeed a couple (much to Miyamura's flustered surprise). She even took the lead and grabbed his hand first when they were walking outside. To strengthen his resolve, Miyamura-kun even told the father that she (Hori-san) was the one he fell for, all within earshot of Hori-san collecting the bobby pins.

Sakura could sure use a confidence boost. I mean, some guys are into bespectacled, diligent girls like her. I don't know if Remi can be trusted. She was kinda shady in the earlier episodes so I don't think it's a safe idea for Sakura to confide her feelings to her.
kuwangpaFeb 8, 2021 12:16 PM
Feb 8, 2021 12:59 PM

Feb 2008
Another Hori makes his appearance. Kyoko's father is an interesting fellow, albeit I did not envy Miyamura's position…

At least his relationship with Hori is now formal.
Feb 8, 2021 1:01 PM

Aug 2015
this was so cute!!! i was smiling throughout the whole episode
Feb 8, 2021 2:17 PM
Jun 2015
There's someone here who is watching the anime and the manga? I'm really interested in Horimiya but I think everything is happening so fast, so i was planning to continue the watching but also reading the manga. Because, I heard from a few people that the anime studio keeps skiping development of the characters and the relationship, as much as they cut scenes and entire chapters. Also, this nice eposide was nice :-)
Feb 8, 2021 4:34 PM
Jun 2020
This episode was awesome, the best in my opinion. It was funny, it was cute and kind of satisfaying.
Feb 8, 2021 9:19 PM

Dec 2018
Finally they are dating~ Tohru is a great friend... Tohru should get to know Sakura more, so they can dating... Kyoko father looks like a hentai protagonist xD

Feb 8, 2021 10:29 PM

Feb 2008
Sakura is my favourite. Please more screentime.

Very comfy show, too vanilla for my tastes, but I can't pass this superstar voice cast. Tomato-chan voice just hits different in romance shows.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Feb 8, 2021 10:32 PM

Jul 2020
I hated Remi but the author redeemed her and I like it.
I was really waiting Daddy Hori to show up.I don't know why but I'm getting gay vibes even though Daddy Hori is already married.
It's funny that the Hori family are prioritizing Miyamura over Daddy Hori lmao.
When the Mom came home i expected some dramatic reunion but nope,She was worried because they didn't have enough Dinner set for Daddy.Truly comedy moment.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Feb 9, 2021 12:12 AM

Aug 2020
what chapters were this episode?

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Feb 9, 2021 3:39 AM

Aug 2018
when i picked this up i was hoping this wouldn't go in a romantic direction (was hoping they'd just be close friends, was thinking something along the lines of "just bc two people of the opposite sex are close doesn't mean they have to start dating") but i don't mind it now, i just don't rlly care for hori-san as a character. i am pretty interested in seeing how sakura x ishikawa will go though.

Feb 9, 2021 7:51 AM

Feb 2015
Why are Miyamura and Hori so increadibly unlikeable? ._.
Miyamura was fine before he beat up Tooru, just kinda boring (he was okay this episode) and Hori was boring before she decided to pull that weird jealousy agression thingy from this episode. Isn't the manga so popular because people love these two? I don't get what y'all like about them, sorry ^^'

As for the show itself, animation, artstyle and voice acting are still amazing!
The supporting cast is thankfully also better than the main couple, so I'll keep on watching.
Don't think I'll score it anything above 7 tho, if the show stays the way it is now. They aren't doing a good job of mixing the comedy and drama.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Feb 9, 2021 8:19 AM

Jul 2020
PATEA AL ARCO MIYAMURA

Just episode 5 and this got quickly on fire. The relationship with Hori is already advanced and that´s amazing.

Also we get to see Toru and Sakura and how they can be an alternative. Also with a nice ending showing Remi a cute character. I like this series focusing on other characters and not just the main ones. Really amazing up to now
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Feb 9, 2021 10:20 AM

Nov 2019
Kyousuke is cool

Smoke looked like a heart
Feb 10, 2021 4:04 AM
May 2020
Hori and Miyamura are officially a couple. the cringefest that we see made their love all to real. doing things like holding hands and subtlety embarrassing each other was done so well. cant wait for the next episode
Feb 10, 2021 8:10 AM

Jan 2021
I'm really enjoying this. Hori saying "baka" gives me life. Also, she may not seem all that important in the grand scheme of things, but I hope good things happen to Sakura.
Feb 10, 2021 10:49 AM

Dec 2014
69noonji said:
bro there's like no development in their relationship. like why do they love each other already

There is no magical reason for why two peoples fall in love, dude ... they just do ... especially in high school...
Feb 10, 2021 11:42 AM
Sep 2020
kronopy said:
69noonji said:
bro there's like no development in their relationship. like why do they love each other already

There is no magical reason for why two peoples fall in love, dude ... they just do ... especially in high school...

i know its known that they hang out after school alot but it's not explicitly showned so I don't really feel the build up of their relationship. it was just weird to me that I didn't really see them bonding during that time skip so it just felt off that they loved each other in a short amount of time.
Feb 10, 2021 2:02 PM

Jan 2016
I like this show but it's clear that the reason she loves him is cuz he hot lol. That's also why he has a lotta fans.
Feb 10, 2021 2:22 PM

Aug 2013
i actually like that they got together so quickly. so used to romance anime dragging the relationship on until the before-last episode, and the last episode being the only time we get to see the couple together as a couple.

im glad theyre already so advanced in their relationship!!!
Feb 11, 2021 12:20 AM

Mar 2016
Kyousuke turning up out of the blue was completely different to how I was expecting. Normally if you have a parent turn up out of the blue after barely ever being around, then shit hits the fan and all hell breaks loose. But no, Hori is just violent towards him while getting him food and Mother drops the shopping from shock......but then just proceeds to worry about having enough servings of dinner and cutlery for everyone :P

Kinda creepy how close Kyousuke was getting with Miyamura though, although it was wonderful that Hori just openly went with "yes we're dating, so what?" :3

Hopefully Remi can help bolster Sakura's self-esteem to get close to Ishikawa. I'm half-expecting their thing to be a reversed role version of Hori and Miyamura.
Feb 11, 2021 11:29 AM

May 2015
Hori is so stupid and short-tempered, meh. I like romance and comedy here but she's just less and less likeable with each episode, I hope it won't ruin the show for me.
Feb 11, 2021 6:02 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was so cute, I'm loving every single one xD
Feb 11, 2021 9:29 PM
Jul 2013
This episode quite funny xD especially hori father while teasing his (candidate) son-in-law 😆

And also yeah i feel the teenage feel in love athmosphere, between shy and doki-doki suru~
Feb 11, 2021 10:37 PM
Aug 2020
69noonji said:

Bruh didn't you notice the passage of time between episodes? There was obviously cut content so it is fair to assume that we didn't get to see many more moments but the development IS THERE. Its way better this way anyway rather than having a whole season of unnecessary drama just to end with confession and unprotected hand holding afterwards.
Feb 11, 2021 11:44 PM

Jan 2020
Ok um I know Hori san is a tsundere but tbh the fact that she threw books to Izumi’s face make me can’t like her
Feb 14, 2021 10:58 AM

Feb 2020
Well now it's confirmed : Kyoko is abusive and controlling. She is violent, she is possessive, in what way is that supposed to be cute ?! And we know she has some serious separation anxiety. And she clearly isn't self-aware at all when it comes to way too many things. Please tell me the show will aknowledge that. Please tell me she is going to go see the therapist she seriously needs to see. Please tell me this isn't just supposed to be "cute" slapstick. (I don't mind spoilers. I'm generally all for flawed characters, but here it is very weirdly handled so I want to know if it's still the case afterwards.)
And Miyamura too, he didn't show it this episode but he is also very violent. How can their relationship be healthy if nothing changes about either of them ?
I'm sorry if I come off as killjoy, but this is the only thing I can focus on. This and the weird drama they pulled in the middle between Sakura and Remi (because apparently I'm supposed to care about them despite barely knowing who they are, especially Sakura).
Feb 14, 2021 10:35 PM

Mar 2009
What the hell? I thought Hori's parents were separated/divorced. Where has this guy been the entire time? And why does he look as young as his daughter or Miyamura?
Feb 16, 2021 8:57 PM

Aug 2017
Kyousuke is hilarious!!! Miyamura and Hori are finally dating!!??? Hell yeah!!!

Feb 17, 2021 7:29 PM

Jan 2013
Hori is so aggressive that it scares me what might happen with Miyamura in the future xD So they are kinda dating now, it seems like that but not 100% lmao

Pretty happy about Tooru x Sakura ship! gogo
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 22, 2021 11:45 PM

Dec 2012
Her Dad FUNNY ASF!!

Feb 25, 2021 11:12 AM

Jan 2021
There's going to be another couple! I'm rooting for tooru and sakura especially since tooru didn't have the chance with Hori .. Poor man
Feb 25, 2021 11:48 AM

May 2015
Oh wow, that was a different way to confess and answer lol. I liked the way she answered him back. A lot of this series is unconventional and I love it.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 27, 2021 3:39 PM

Nov 2013
"when she starts saying baka baka baka, she will never stop again" :D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 28, 2021 12:36 PM

Mar 2010
Idk what even happened it felt like I was there just living da normie life.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 1, 2021 9:45 AM

Jan 2015
this show has best everything. Best girls, best boys, best friends, best parents. I can't see Izumi ever wronging Kyoko. Is it just gonna be smooth sail for the main couple?
Mar 8, 2021 5:46 AM

Aug 2017
Not good as the last episode, I was annoyed by the stupid misunderstanding. Anyways, the rest was cute and wholesome.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 11, 2021 1:33 AM

Aug 2018
AND...THERE IT IS.
Very good episode.
Pd: Hori's father xD
Mar 18, 2021 3:27 AM

Apr 2016
Kyouko's father looks so cool haha. I love it when Kyouko says that Miyamura is his girlfriend ~ okay they have officially become lovers ~
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

406 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 23, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

216 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 7:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.