Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2021 4:59 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, Popp's reaction this episode was comedy gold.

Hyunckel's armor is super badass, including the transformation itself. However, the fight was painful to watch especially when he got stabbed through that armor. A hell of a comeback attack though.
Feb 5, 2021 5:25 PM

Sep 2018
Poor my boy! =))

Great episode as usual :)
Feb 5, 2021 6:33 PM
Oct 2016
Most edge of your seat episode yet! Hyunckel pulling out all the stops against the dark commander himself Hadlar. Soon as it was teased at end of last episode I've been anticipating a slugfest to the finish and that's exactly what we got! Twists and turns the whole fight with neither gaining anything until Hadlar fools Hyunckel with his multiple hearts. Hyunckel getting blown to smithereens inside his own armor. Hyunckel digging deep to remember that attack Avan showed him in case he loses his sword. A very risky move using his aura to near nothing. Hadlar mentioning both Avan and Bartos making Hyunckel spring back to life. Insane puncture by Hyunckel as Hadlar was winding up his death blow. Crocodine knocking down the fire spire letting Dai have his full strength. The heroes charge right towards Flazzard.
Feb 5, 2021 6:41 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was such a crazy good one. Toei is really outdoing themselves on this series. Really loving it. The fight with Hyunckel and Hadlar was really nice. Both voice actors really outdid themselves. Not to mention Crocodine really did a good job too. Looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 5, 2021 6:50 PM

Sep 2018
Well this show is still at its WORST. These are like "Bulma meets Goku" epsiodes compared to next saga lol. Get ready for the climax! Hypeeeeee!!!!
Feb 5, 2021 7:51 PM
Sep 2015
Hyunckel vs. Hadlar is my dream match. I want both of them on my bed! I hope no one died, even if it's Hadlar, I'm against capital punishment. Not counting that Hadlar has such a nice muscle (Hyunckel has a little bit of shirtless moment here).
Feb 5, 2021 7:59 PM

Oct 2017
Hyunckel was great damn, he fought with all he had. Also is Hadlar finally dead? I dun think he is but oh well we'll see.
Feb 5, 2021 8:20 PM
Jul 2018
I cant be the only one that got a MASSIVE special beam cannon vibe when Hyunckel used bloody scryde on Hadlar right??
Feb 5, 2021 10:03 PM

Feb 2019
Surely that special beam canon type attack on Hadlar given his appearance was an Easter egg yea?

Great episode. Toei snapped as usual. I’m glad my boy Hyunckel got some shine this episode. Given what happened to his father it was only right that he’d have a showdown with Hadlar. I still don’t think he’s dead tho. I think that’ll be Dai’s job to take him out.

Can’t wait for next week
Feb 5, 2021 10:38 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Crocodine saved Hyunckel when he was about to die, that's great, and Hyunckel fight against Hadlar was totally epic, he managed to beat him at the end.
Feb 5, 2021 11:58 PM

Nov 2007
In the end, the two are the one who undo the seal (broke both towers).

KajiKaji's character's enemy is strong. He got off guarded w. having two hearts. He remembered about his teacher's teaching and used his life to stop his enemies. Wow @ he had last conscious because his teacher and father were mentioned.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 6, 2021 1:12 AM

Dec 2020
this is the best episode yet :)
hyunckel became my favorite character , He's just so damn COOL and badass
Feb 6, 2021 1:54 AM

Sep 2019
Hyunckel got Hadlar when he was unconscious, what a legend.
Feb 6, 2021 3:12 AM

Sep 2007
To quote Hajime Saito from Kenshin "Lowering your guard against an opponent you think you have beaten is a mistake that can cost you your life". He is lucky to be "immortal".
No censorship when Hadler pierces Hyunkel for once. The cross shape of the Grand Cross on the ground is impossible, it should have formed a crevasse. Nothing bad but this fight already shows Hyunkel's superiority over Avan.
Feb 6, 2021 3:37 AM

Jan 2009
Hyunckel is all about willpower thats why Maam loves him lol sorry Popp get another girlfriend
Feb 6, 2021 3:38 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I just wanna say how great Crocodine role here. Mercy shall repay, the man must fights through the hate to showed how much you atoning for your sins were. The justification has been made, and ofc Hyunckel should give a nice fights toward Hadlar. And yep, that's quite a balance fight between them. Hyunckel used everything he got, even his life forces, and last determination through an unconcious state. Truly madlad. While Hadlar always depended on his tricky and lucky moves. In the end, Hadlar lost, and idk if both of them will be 'alive' again next time.

The next episode look good. Another fight. Lets go!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 6, 2021 4:57 AM

Jun 2015
Emotionally this was as close as it got to Final Atonement in a battle sequence. Alas, nothing surpasses that experience yet, even if this was close given all the epic story. I do get to enjoy some Popp being total simp, he's going to have to seriously step it up to chad level if we wants to attract Maam's attention.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 6, 2021 6:41 AM

Sep 2013
I guess i can't criticize this for being predictable and not having the most sense,its a classic after all,still i really liked what they did the last couple episodes,i'm forcing myself less and less to watch "waiting for the good stuff",definitely had a slow start but its really becoming worthwile,glad i didn't drop it
Deep dark fantasies
Feb 6, 2021 8:52 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So now we can officially ship Hyunckel and Maam along with Dai and Leona. Sorry Popp your the odd man out this time.
Feb 6, 2021 9:22 AM

Jun 2011
God i love this series..
- Hyunckel stole this episode with Bloody scryde, Grand cross & The final stab.
- Hadlar is a sneaky bastard he took Bloody scryde full on to get through Hyunckel's armor.
- Crocodine destroyed the tower with ease & he's the one who saved Hyunckel.
- I LOVE MAAM unlike any -nowadays- female characters.
- My man popp :'(
5/5
Feb 6, 2021 11:21 AM

Feb 2021
MegamiRem said:
Hyunckel was great damn, he fought with all he had. Also is Hadlar finally dead? I dun think he is but oh well we'll see.

Well i think he is now, but in this anime everybody just come back to life, very dragon ball xD

Hey what anime is your signature ?
Feb 6, 2021 11:41 AM

Jul 2020
Glad I didn't drop this anime, it is nothing to write home about, but geez, the execution is really good. I really like Crocdine's character, and that he is trying to repay his sins by doing good.
Feb 6, 2021 1:29 PM

May 2018
Great episode! Hyunckel just doesn't know when to die haha
Feb 6, 2021 2:52 PM

Jun 2020
Good to see that Issei's still getting the girls
Feb 6, 2021 7:45 PM

Oct 2008
oh god! this might be the best episode i've seen on this show...but if not the best, then it might be one of the top episode they can offer! damn!
I never thought we'd see Grand Cross this early!
Hyunkel finally delivered a fatal blow to Hadlar but Mystvern suddenly appeared and that's bad news but y'know...anything can happen!
5/5!

oh look at that! i think Hyunkel is the first man that Maam hugged in her own freewill...let's ship them!

Feb 6, 2021 10:53 PM

Sep 2020
Inuki said:
To quote Hajime Saito from Kenshin "Lowering your guard against an opponent you think you have beaten is a mistake that can cost you your life". He is lucky to be "immortal".

Funny you bring up Hajime Saito cuz Bloody Scryed is just like Gatotsu, Hajime's signature move. Not sure if DQ came out first or Kenshin and whether it was inspired or simply a popular stance that Japanese authors love to use...

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Feb 7, 2021 6:47 AM

Apr 2020
Can someone show our boy Popp some love please? lmao

I doubt Hyunkel and Hadlar are really dead.
Feb 7, 2021 8:13 AM

Mar 2010
Amazing battle, didn't think it would be that great, hyunkel really was a man among men a chad of chads

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 7, 2021 10:45 AM
May 2020
What's on Madness of an episode. I really loved the fight between hyunckel and handler. Really showed the character development of hyunckel especially from what we were originally given with. Dai and maam faced a tough choice with wanting to save leona or stay back and check on hyunckel but I think they chose the right one.
Feb 7, 2021 10:52 AM
Feb 2014
Great episode. The music in the scene where Hyunckel got Hadlar fits very well

Feb 8, 2021 9:12 AM

Sep 2019
I don't know who to ship Maam with anymore.
Feb 8, 2021 2:00 PM

Dec 2020
ZeroTwo__002 said:

maam and Hyunckel look so GOOD together and have strongest romance chemistry , besides maam is older than pop :D
Feb 9, 2021 8:02 AM

Sep 2019
mdkdmd said:
ZeroTwo__002 said:

maam and Hyunckel look so GOOD together and have strongest romance chemistry , besides maam is older than pop :D
Age never really mattered in any anime.
Feb 10, 2021 7:06 PM
Jul 2019
What I like most about this remake is the pacing. The pacing of episodes is so well done, neither rushed nor slow. The plot is progressing fast enough and in an engaging way. It's not without its flaws, but they landed this aspect absolutely right.
Feb 11, 2021 2:55 AM

Dec 2020
i want someone to explain to me this point ، hyunckel is a warrior and he can't use spells
just wondering , are Dark Puppetry Aura Hand and grand cross considered magic ?

in Ep13 hyunckel said that No human can use magic (spells) and sword in the same time , but why dai and avan can both use magic and sword ??
Feb 11, 2021 3:42 AM

Feb 2017
Amazing battle between Hyunckel and Hadlar. Was on edge of my seat. Epic stuff. Popp, you have a strong rival lol but I will cheer for you haha.

It looks like Hyunckel sacrificed himself in order to stop Hadlar but Mystvearn's sudden appearance before him in the end seems to imply he will save him in some way. Really doubt this is an end for Hyunckel. I really wish to see more of him. He is so badass.
Feb 11, 2021 6:30 AM

Sep 2018
mdkdmd said:
i want someone to explain to me this point ، hyunckel is a warrior and he can't use spells

in Ep13 hyunckel said that No human can use magic (spells) and sword in the same time , but why dai and avan can both use magic and sword ??

Please be patient! We are at almost 1/5 of the story. There will be tons of things which are unrevealed now. If you want answers that consisting tons of HEAVY spoilers, click below:

If I did not answer you, other manga fans here would so other anime-only fans please stop asking questions like this. The answers will consist lots of heavy spoilers and someone can't stand clicking on it lol
DragonKnight92Feb 11, 2021 6:35 AM
Feb 11, 2021 6:44 AM

Dec 2020
Silverstorm92 said:
mdkdmd said:

Please be patient! We are at almost 1/5 of the story. There will be tons of things which are unrevealed now. If you want answers that consisting tons of HEAVY spoilers, click below:

If I did not answer you, other manga fans here would so other anime-only fans please stop asking questions like this. The answers will consist lots of heavy spoilers and someone can't stand clicking on it lol

thanks bro , that's really helpful, I really appreciate it
Feb 11, 2021 8:24 AM

May 2012
mdkdmd said:

I will just answer you without spoiling

Dark Puppetry Aura Hand and grand cross are not magic. Those are aura (life force) attacks

Avan can't use magic sword abilities (like Dai putting flames on his sword). Avan slash attacks are just sword abilities (not magic sword), he can't combine sword and magic

hyunckel was probably surprised to see a "human" use it for 1st time cause he never saw someone combining sword with magic
thepathFeb 11, 2021 8:30 AM
Feb 12, 2021 12:59 AM

Dec 2020
thepath said:
mdkdmd said:

I will just answer you without spoiling

Dark Puppetry Aura Hand and grand cross are not magic. Those are aura (life force) attacks

Avan can't use magic sword abilities (like Dai putting flames on his sword). Avan slash attacks are just sword abilities (not magic sword), he can't combine sword and magic

hyunckel was probably surprised to see a "human" use it for 1st time cause he never saw someone combining sword with magic

thanks dude
i feel like i'm playing final fantasy 5 with your explanation :D
i know this anime based on dragon quest games
but in my opinion , this show is very close and similar to FF5

Apr 20, 2021 8:56 AM
Oct 2019
Kurokodain with the Speech...
Respect!!!

Kaji Yuki voice acting carrying this episode...
That Battle with Hadora was Amazing 🔥

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.