Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 29, 2021 12:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Having read the manga, I'm very pleased in how they're adapting Nino's development and growth. And it's only going to get better. Her seeiyu is doing such a good job too.

Yotsuba is really thick, look at those exam scores, lol.
FarabeufJan 29, 2021 1:00 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 29, 2021 1:24 AM

Jun 2020
Wow this episode was better than anything I've watched from this series since season 1. Easy 5/5, best episode of 5-toubun I've seen yet.
This anime shit is addictive
Jan 29, 2021 1:44 AM

Apr 2020
Enjoyed this ep, pretty good and the ending how they rented the apartments tho, didn't expect that.
Jan 29, 2021 2:14 AM
Jul 2018
Nino looks so much better with short hair. Her personality gets better after she cuts it too.

I loved the scene where the quintuplets jumped in the water to save Futarou. It was one of my favorite scenes from the manga. I'm glad to see it animated.
Jan 29, 2021 2:41 AM

Dec 2012
Rena said she's never going to see him again. Nino cut her hair. Nino almost drowned to get that rolled paper? NINO = RENA?!
ALSO TSUNDERE = THE BEST = NINO = BEST GRILL

Jan 29, 2021 3:51 AM

Mar 2014
Seven goodbyes arc was pretty nice in my opinion. Finally we had more Nino's screen time. I have to admit that she was kind of scary when she replaced Yotsuba. But now she is cuter with short hair.
Jan 29, 2021 3:58 AM

Jun 2019
Beautiful episode. Looks like everything's okay now. Futaro is going to teach them again but at a different location which looks like they rented since Uesugi can't set foot in the girls' previous apartment.
Jan 29, 2021 4:26 AM

Jan 2016
This episode reminded me of why 5toubun was the closest harem to ever top The World God Only knows, fucking hell was it good (up until the last 15 chapters)
Jan 29, 2021 5:13 AM
Jul 2020
Im really glad i read the manga
Jan 29, 2021 5:26 AM

Jul 2017
If anything, the race for Best Girl has already been set in stone: Nino with her short hair for a rejuvenating image.

The conversation between Miku and Nino was such a refresher, each quintuplet having 20% of traits and leading different lives, that's an improvement if you ask me.

Itsuki imitating Yotsuba was just a set-up for THAT moment, and what a delight it is to see all 5 quintuplets resolve their problems, all in one piece...that is, until Fuutarou's resignation which was a shocker. Sadly the phone call scene didn't make into the adaptation.

The want for Fuutarou in the Nakano household BECOMES A NEED, but the writing is already on the wall, as much as he hates to admit it. The ending scene in particular with the Nakano quintuplets renting their own house, and the river scene.

A goodbye to Rena, and a welcome to the quintuplets once again. Beautiful episode to finish off the Seven Goodbyes Arc.
Jan 29, 2021 5:56 AM
Nov 2018
Good episode but I thought the pacing was a bit fast.
Jan 29, 2021 6:46 AM
Apr 2019
This episode is so lovely <3
Nino looks really cute at that hair.
I really enjoyed this episode so far.
Jan 29, 2021 7:12 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Really good episode, I can see why Nino is loved by so many lol, she really pulls off the short hair look, but I think I slightly prefer long hair. I like her more than before now too but I still like Miku the most. Also, I can see what people mean when they say it was rushed, but to me it didn’t feel rushed, at least not to the point it hurt the episode. Can’t wait to see where we go from here.
Jan 29, 2021 8:29 AM

Mar 2016
So they really skipped
:(
Jan 29, 2021 9:08 AM
Feb 2018
lucianojadur23 said:
Btw, there’s not fucking chance of that rumor about original ending in THIS season still being true, is it? It remains 8 eps and as far as i know it hasn’t get to the half of the story yet, beyond how many manga chapters could be omitted.

I think what people mean by original ending is that Futaro picks a different girl with the same buildup, not change the entire ending per say. No way they can wrap this show up this season though
Jan 29, 2021 10:01 AM
Aug 2018
Now I want to know what's inside Fuutaro's fortune roll thing.
Jan 29, 2021 11:11 AM

Apr 2015
Been waiting for this and it sucks that I only just saw it.

Short hair Nino is just something else. Here starts the route of Nino climbing that best girl ladder. Let's not forget though that Miku is still the best.

Finally the panel of them all jumping into the water is now in animation form. Freaking loved that. One of my favorite panels of the manga and I think the Anime handled it really well.. I do hope they will show the phone call next week.
Jan 29, 2021 11:14 AM

May 2018
ngl I liked nino much more with long hair >.<

good thing her character has improved now
Jan 29, 2021 12:49 PM

Jul 2014
Nino finally getting her development was part of the reason why this section of the manga that season 2 is adapting was so interesting, and I'm glad to see that part of things is still being handled relatively well. That aside, I do think they tried to resolve too many character threads in this one episode, making each of them have slightly less weight than they did in the manga. Cutting the phone call is also a strange decision, unless they're saving that for later; I can understand maintaining the mystery of why he quit for a little while, but it would be foolish to cut that entirely.

Also, an interesting quirk about this season compared to season 1: when characters are disguising themselves, the show changes their hair colour to their proper hair colour, rather than their usual ones. It ends up looking a little weird, but I think it's a nice touch to better place us in Futaro's boots of not knowing who's who in those situations.
Jan 29, 2021 3:39 PM

Apr 2018
nice short hair nino ftw

Suprised by the fact that they just switched places because of fuutarou's absence
Jan 29, 2021 5:21 PM
May 2020
flipping hell, what an episode. I love the premise of family bond being the epitome of this episode. the sister seem to give back to those who gave them something. cant wait for the next episode ahlie
Jan 29, 2021 6:14 PM

Apr 2020
I think Nino is prettier with her long hair, but she's still cute with her short hair.
Jan 29, 2021 6:37 PM

Jan 2008
Yotsuba talking about a doppelganger was hilarious! Nino's cute with her new hair style. I like it a lot more.

As for near the end...it could just be misattribution of arousal, aka, the suspension bridge effect.

I'm guessing they each rented their own place, or are they all living together in one apartment now? Because they're all soaked at the same time, that's going to be one cramped bathroom to clean themselves off.
Estoy_GordoJan 29, 2021 6:40 PM
Jan 29, 2021 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
This anime just never stops surprising, he managed to bring them all back, pretty fast i would say.
And it seems that Nino already had her redemption arc, and tbh i do like her hairstyle, she looked like a teenager with the previous haircut.

Only Uesugi to leave them like that while still going to the same classes with them, lmao

The whole last scene was definitely the best part, Uesugi finally let his past in where it belongs.

Now we for sure know that they are all competing for him xD 10/10 moment tho

Especially after rescuing Nino, oh boy this will be interesting!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 29, 2021 10:13 PM

Aug 2019
hay, that was pretty good i guess. Ngl a lot of things occurred in this episode, Nino in particular, helped get all the sisters back together and they went through there exams. Uesugi actually voluntarily quitting, whether that be because he foresaw them not doing well on the exams, or he couldn't take it anymore.

Did overall, feel like a pretty heavy Nino development arc, which i'm fine with. Felt like they did a pretty good job with developing her character, especially at the end with her letting go of things in the past, plus cutting her hair etc. Her very tsundere and slightly scary and intimidating personality is still there, but you can definitely tell shes warmed up to Uesugi and more or less her sisters. Overall, it ended with me liking her a bit more, and some hints as her catching big feels for Uesugi (???)

Uesugi suddenly dipping was a surprise, that part felt slightly rushed with how he dipped then got brought back into the job in a time span of like 3-5 mins, but non the less it did feel heart-warming with how the girls reacted to his leave, especially Miku, she looked like it was the end of the world. There plan to move out of their 5 star apartment to a more basic apartment complex, was a nice change and fix to the problem, but regarding that ending, so as well as Nino letting go of things in the past, Uesugi was letting go of Rena, which is fair play, but i really hope there not gonna leave the mystery of who Rena really is it at that.

All in all, felt like a tad bit faster of an episode, but i'm happy with how it ended either way. Rest of the season, i could imagine will be a change of scenery which is nice.
Jan 29, 2021 10:15 PM

Jul 2016
Miku is too good for this series, man. She managed to solve this lame arc by talking some sense into Nino's dumb head, she's clearly the one who loves Fuutarou the most and her concern for his well-being during this episode felt so... genuine. Seriously, was this arc supposed to make me feel something for Nino?... because it only made me like Miku's character even more.

Leaving that aside, those last minutes with Fuutarou suddenly quitting sure were quite strange. It felt like an arc or a good amount of events were condensed in less than 10 minutes.
Jan 29, 2021 11:12 PM

Oct 2016
Fantastic episode, but I feel like they crammed way too much. Still, I am very happy with the episode. I hope they show the phone call later on with papa Kiryu, cause that was such a good development for Fuutarou. Didn't expect we'd be getting the dive scene this episode, I love that. Really looking forward to the next episode, and maybe we will get t h a t scene in episode 6. I am hyped for that.
Jan 30, 2021 3:39 AM
Nov 2019
Nino said the n word lol
Jan 30, 2021 3:41 AM
Jan 2020
I really enjoyed this episode, for a second I got scared because Futaro was leaving and now these girls are neighbors. Nice, I am guessing they are gonna study hard now… Come to think of it, I need to study myself.
Jan 30, 2021 8:42 AM
Oct 2019
Nino with short hair kinda nice...wait
Damn it don't changed me, my Waifu still Miku 😂

Ahh this episode just wholesome, the moment, the feeling it just hit you...
Absolutely Fantastic Episode....
Jan 30, 2021 8:45 AM
Oct 2019
Speirs09 said:
Nino said the n word lol

Nino get the n word pass? Lol
Jan 30, 2021 11:10 AM
Jul 2020
“All's Well That Ends Well”
-William Shakespeare
The episode was very well made and it was very beautiful. My heart can't stop getting satisfaction.
Jan 30, 2021 11:13 AM

Mar 2017
I think it was totally out of order for Futaro to quit the tutoring job without telling the girls but in the end, it gave them the motivation to work hard and stand together.

I liked the symbolism of Futaro letting the lucky charm float away so he could go and help Nino. It shows just how much he cares about all the girls. Speaking of Nino, her new short hair style looks so pretty.
Jan 30, 2021 1:53 PM

Feb 2008
Nino did the right thing in the end, after Miku's push. Seriously, Miku is the best.

At least the lot is now together again.
Jan 30, 2021 4:05 PM

Apr 2016
SJ7izm said:
God Nino looks so hot with short hair. It was even better in the manga with this panel.

Damn! That panel looks great.
Jan 30, 2021 4:54 PM

Apr 2013
footmaster said:
SJ7izm said:
God Nino looks so hot with short hair. It was even better in the manga with this panel.

Damn! That panel looks great.

Yep. Negi is an incredible artist so the whole series is drawn very well, but that is easily one of my favorite panels out of the entire manga. It really shows how gorgeous Nino is with her new cut.
Jan 30, 2021 6:34 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi tried to get out but the girls kept dragging him back in
Jan 30, 2021 6:58 PM
Mar 2012
Very nicely directed, esp Miku Nino reconciliation over tea, the roll messages & that river yolo. Yotsuba part pretty awkward but eatsuki always hilarious.
Nino short ver looks way better, & now the 7 goodbys make sense.
Jan 30, 2021 10:53 PM

Apr 2020
Alright the end of the surprisingly good Seven Goodbyes Arc. We got Miku and Nino reconciling as they talk about the things that make them quintuplets. Also Yotsuba quits the basketball club but atleast she's still trying to help them out, although Nino scaring the girls off was pretty funny.

Speaking of Nino, she had cut her hair, @Aikotoba (and others) now your pfp makes sense to me. Well they did passed the exams although barely but I don't know why Futaro will quit just like that. Imma say it but the episode is pretty rushed and is kinda poor on writing. But somehow...and in someway, they manage to come back together on a new home. Looks like they're gonna have a hell of a good time in their new residence, I wonder if Raiha and Futaro's dad will be there too.

Hopefully the second season continues to the amazement of SG arc, Nino this episode went from #5 to #2 for me, Itsuki you better brace yourself for me!!! And yeah if it wasn't for that rushed timeskip, this episode is actually a 10/10 for me.
Jan 31, 2021 4:28 AM
Nov 2019
I cried watching this epiosde lol. It was very emotional ♡
Jan 31, 2021 7:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I didn't expect Nino to look that good with short hair, she's prettier now, wow
Jan 31, 2021 8:22 AM

Jul 2014
Miku once again proving she's best girl.

Also, I'm glad someone in the show pointed out how dumb Fuutaro is. How could anyone confuse these five girls?! They have different hair colors, personalities, and hair lengths!
Jan 31, 2021 8:51 AM

Mar 2010
Ah felt like a last episode, seems they are really hitting hard in this season.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 31, 2021 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
yotsuba did not have the courage to say that he will leave the club, very likely that the nino like the Fuutarou.
Feb 1, 2021 10:58 AM

Jun 2020
Wow. The reason why I liked the first season was that it was really funny. Now the second season has just removed any funny scene, expanded on the boring part and made it cringe af. At this point, they should just remove the Comedy tag from the genre. And moreover this is headed towards the worst destination possible. Towards the ultimate cliche...
Feb 3, 2021 3:43 AM
Oct 2020
Led_Wayline said:
Nino did the right thing in the end, after Miku's push. Seriously, Miku is the best.

At least the lot is now together again.

Miku is still the sweetest !
Feb 3, 2021 3:46 AM
Oct 2020
The situation turned 180 degrees.
After they move into a new home, their relationship will be different than before.
Feb 4, 2021 2:02 AM
Jul 2020
I'm loving each and every episode
Feb 4, 2021 3:04 AM

Jun 2015
This, in my opinion, is the highest point of Gotoubun no Hanayome. Really, for a person like me who despised harem series that much, the point where I read this part in the manga, I really thought this series could be THE BEST harem series ever created.

I genuinely felt like that and became completely more involved in any other series I've ever followed by becoming more active in the community and waiting for a week for a single chapter is nothing less than a torture. Yup, I loved this series that much at this point.

Though it was such a shame how Negi wasted its potential at the latter end of the series by going with the safest choice. But I've moved on and my good impression on the series will never change.
Feb 4, 2021 10:32 AM

Aug 2013
Nino looks good even with short hair.

The way Nino scared the tack team's captain was funny.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

261 by Fershosenpai7w7 »»
May 8, 9:38 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 18, 2021

209 by RiukixD »»
May 5, 5:55 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

BradyLE__ - Mar 4, 2021

187 by RiukixD »»
May 5, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Endings

Moppit - Apr 25

17 by Moppit »»
Apr 27, 9:06 AM

» 2 year later and I still don't understand the miku hype

PointlessSmith - Apr 5, 2021

31 by 7samy »»
Mar 5, 2:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.