Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 28, 2021 2:00 AM

Dec 2020
katsucats said:
https://www.teavivre.com/qing-xiang-tie-guan-yin-oolong.html

I ordered from these guys before, but I'm not necessarily recommending the store. I assume you live in an Asian country where you could get tea for much cheaper. If not, you could find them at Asian stores. But one thing I like about online shops like this one is that they sell sample amounts of a couple steeps for a few bucks. It's not really worth it to buy in sample amounts, but it allows you to buy a bunch of different varieties without breaking the bank, to see what you like the best. I personally like Tie Guan Yin oolong (not exactly the one in the link).

Also, I would suggest buying the cheapest grade of loose leaf tea to start out. Lower/cheaper grades consists of broken leaves, but has a stronger, more rough taste. Most people like the stronger taste, and you should only explore more refined tastes after you figure out what varieties you enjoy generally.

As for tisanes (herbal teas), I don't know, it's kind of hard to find a lot of them here for cheap. I don't know if you live in the city or the suburbs, but if you have a little bit of backyard space, you might be able to just grow it yourself lol. For example, I have one lemongrass bush and a couple rosemary bushes that practically supply endless amounts. The Chinese supermarkets here sell roses, chrysanthemum, and magnolia flowers for tea use.

Ohhh okay, I converted the price in the site you linked and it's roughly 569 PHP here (about the same price as HG Gundam) and it's quite uhhhh... pricey for my wallet lol
I'll just do what you said and find a cheaper grade of loose leaf. Though, what kind of cheap loose leaf do you recommend? I saw a lot of variety and while it's good to try all of them to find my own taste, it's also good to ask opinions on what is the most beginner-friendly loose leaf. So, yeah, thanks in advance.

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Jan 28, 2021 3:30 AM

Oct 2020
Was just drinking milk tea and lurking through forums lol

Yeah! I love TEA - I have it twice a day. My family has it 3-4 times a day. I'm from the hills and my town is actually known for its tea farms so its really common to have it that many times or more

I think my favourite kind is milk tea, ginger tea, peach tea and lemon tea!

Instant tea isn't nice at all. I don't remember the last time I had that. It's definitely more effort to make fresh tea with tea leaves but over time you become super quick

OP, is that iced milk tea? I've never tried that...I like Iced tea but I usually have that only in cafes and don't prepare it at home

Jan 28, 2021 3:58 AM

Aug 2016
The only drink I drink is tea. I very rarely (like once every few weeks) drink juice, Coke, or plain water. I would say over 95% of drinks I consume is tea.
Usually I drink either black tea or white tea. But I also like rosehip and pomegranate tea. Sometimes I drink herbal tea, but very rarely tho.
Edit: I dont put milk or sugar or anything else in my tea, just plain tea.
Jan 28, 2021 4:48 AM

Dec 2020
curlywurlie said:
Was just drinking milk tea and lurking through forums lol

Yeah! I love TEA - I have it twice a day. My family has it 3-4 times a day. I'm from the hills and my town is actually known for its tea farms so its really common to have it that many times or more

I think my favourite kind is milk tea, ginger tea, peach tea and lemon tea!

Instant tea isn't nice at all. I don't remember the last time I had that. It's definitely more effort to make fresh tea with tea leaves but over time you become super quick

OP, is that iced milk tea? I've never tried that...I like Iced tea but I usually have that only in cafes and don't prepare it at home

Woah, very noice
I'm jealous af oooof

Also yus, it's an iced milktea that I bought before (though that picture isn't mine btw, that's a random hand in google that I find)

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Jan 28, 2021 4:50 AM

Dec 2020
RandomFriday said:
The only drink I drink is tea. I very rarely (like once every few weeks) drink juice, Coke, or plain water. I would say over 95% of drinks I consume is tea.
Usually I drink either black tea or white tea. But I also like rosehip and pomegranate tea. Sometimes I drink herbal tea, but very rarely tho.

Is it better to not put sugar in tea? I meant that both in healthy and taste ways. Actually scratch that, just taste cause it's probably healthier if the tea doesn't have sugar.

Jan 28, 2021 1:00 PM
Jul 2018
say what you want but coffee is still the best kind of tea
Jan 28, 2021 1:32 PM

Aug 2007
I remember that I started drinking tea during the time I was watching Ouran Highschool Host Club. Lol

I only drink tea when I feel like it, as opposed to coffee wherein it is a part of my daily life already. One of the reason is that with coffee, I can take it without any form of sugar. For tea, I can't drink one without putting any type of sweetener on it.

As for milk tea, I used to drink a lot especially when it became popular here in our place. But I avoided it and would only drink once every quarter (I track it) to manage blood sugar.
もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

Jan 28, 2021 1:55 PM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
I am such a fake lover of tea. I like flavored black tea (like strawberry, vanilla, blackberry etc.), but I always put A LOT of milk and sugar on them. Sugar really makes the taste of the flavoring stronger.

I also sometimes drink green tea, but pretty rarely, I've had the same package for about a year now.

Now recently I bought this package that has different types of tea (different flavours of black, green, white and rooibos). Haven't tried it yet, but it is a goal to try more types, maybe find new favorites.
Jan 28, 2021 2:26 PM

Oct 2012
ren0080 said:
katsucats said:
https://www.teavivre.com/qing-xiang-tie-guan-yin-oolong.html

I ordered from these guys before, but I'm not necessarily recommending the store. I assume you live in an Asian country where you could get tea for much cheaper. If not, you could find them at Asian stores. But one thing I like about online shops like this one is that they sell sample amounts of a couple steeps for a few bucks. It's not really worth it to buy in sample amounts, but it allows you to buy a bunch of different varieties without breaking the bank, to see what you like the best. I personally like Tie Guan Yin oolong (not exactly the one in the link).

Also, I would suggest buying the cheapest grade of loose leaf tea to start out. Lower/cheaper grades consists of broken leaves, but has a stronger, more rough taste. Most people like the stronger taste, and you should only explore more refined tastes after you figure out what varieties you enjoy generally.

As for tisanes (herbal teas), I don't know, it's kind of hard to find a lot of them here for cheap. I don't know if you live in the city or the suburbs, but if you have a little bit of backyard space, you might be able to just grow it yourself lol. For example, I have one lemongrass bush and a couple rosemary bushes that practically supply endless amounts. The Chinese supermarkets here sell roses, chrysanthemum, and magnolia flowers for tea use.
Ohhh okay, I converted the price in the site you linked and it's roughly 569 PHP here (about the same price as HG Gundam) and it's quite uhhhh... pricey for my wallet lol
I'll just do what you said and find a cheaper grade of loose leaf. Though, what kind of cheap loose leaf do you recommend? I saw a lot of variety and while it's good to try all of them to find my own taste, it's also good to ask opinions on what is the most beginner-friendly loose leaf. So, yeah, thanks in advance.
That's why I suggested finding samples. The site would be 96 PHP for sample, which would still be expensive no doubt, since it's meant for a US market. I wonder if there are analogous sites for the Philippines market?

If you browse through Asian teas or even Indian teas, there are dozens of varieties separated by region, processing tradition, and even subtle variations in plant genetics. For example, there's Bi Lo Chun (Spring Green Snail), Long Jing (dragon Well), Tie Guan Yin (Iron Goddess), Gao Shan (High Mountain), Bai Hao Yin Zhen (Hundred Hair Silver Needle), Gunpowder, etc. It's all subjective, which is why I suggested finding whatever you could cheaply, or if a tea shop would let you try samples without buying them (I don't know if that's a thing there where you're from).

If you're interested in exploring teas, I'd recommend picking several varieties, whatever that you could find in supermarkets -- low grade, loose leaf -- and noting the differences and figure out which you like the best. And then once you appreciate the base flavor, in my opinion you could try things like adding sugar or other flavoring like vanilla, if you think it helps. I feel like if you start off with the vanilla, you wouldn't know what the tea tastes like. But of course, I'm a bit of a connoisseur. It's perfectly valid just to find a nice blend that you enjoy and stick with it, you just wouldn't know what each component contributes.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 28, 2021 2:43 PM

Jun 2020
I personally find plain tea kinda boring, especially herbal tea. But I can enjoy black tea & mint tea to an extent.

Milk tea is better though, perfect recipe for u all to try:

- Pour your milk in a pan
- Add the tea bag
- Add cardamom pods (or any other spices you want)
- Let the milk simmer on low heat WITH the tea bag in it & the spices, NO water!!
- Add your sugar
- Enjoy

If you want it more concentrated, simply let it boil for longer &/or add another tea bag. I personally like it CONCENTRATED.

I kinda find it disturbing when I think some people actually use boiled water & in the process (with hot chocolate too). It is A SIN in my book.

But all in all, coffee is the way to go for me. Whether black or with milk.
Hydre_ItoJan 28, 2021 2:48 PM
Jan 28, 2021 2:49 PM

Mar 2018
Earl Grey and regular plain old black tea were always my thing.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Jan 28, 2021 3:03 PM

Sep 2017
Let's talk about drinks
Coffee sucks, tea is the best
خ
Jan 28, 2021 3:04 PM

Aug 2020
im not really a fan of tea but there are some i like

especially bubble milk tea, those are the best, the regular ones

also chrysanthemum tea in a box

ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴇʟɪᴍɪɴᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴍᴘᴏꜱꜱɪʙʟᴇ, ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴꜱ
ʜᴏᴡᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪᴍᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟᴇ, ᴍᴜꜱᴛ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ.
- ꜱʜᴇʀʟᴏᴄᴋ ʜᴏʟᴍᴇꜱ
Jan 28, 2021 8:18 PM

Dec 2020
SuicideMaster said:
say what you want but coffee is still the best kind of tea

Hey, you do you
But for me, Milk is still the superior beverage lmao

Jan 28, 2021 8:24 PM

Dec 2020
Poulain said:
I remember that I started drinking tea during the time I was watching Ouran Highschool Host Club. Lol

I only drink tea when I feel like it, as opposed to coffee wherein it is a part of my daily life already. One of the reason is that with coffee, I can take it without any form of sugar. For tea, I can't drink one without putting any type of sweetener on it.

As for milk tea, I used to drink a lot especially when it became popular here in our place. But I avoided it and would only drink once every quarter (I track it) to manage blood sugar.

Very nice, I also like coffee very much but I'm so interested in tea right now

Jan 28, 2021 8:27 PM

Jul 2020
I recently tried some milk tea, it's pretty good. Other than that, I only drink tea at dim sum restaurants, and I don't really like it but I drink it anyway.
Jan 28, 2021 8:32 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Oolong tea tastes great, but in my opinion, anything that has high amounts of caffeine in it is unhealthy or, at the very least, unsuitable for daily consumption.
Jan 28, 2021 8:36 PM

Dec 2020
Karinara said:
I am such a fake lover of tea. I like flavored black tea (like strawberry, vanilla, blackberry etc.), but I always put A LOT of milk and sugar on them. Sugar really makes the taste of the flavoring stronger.

I also sometimes drink green tea, but pretty rarely, I've had the same package for about a year now.

Now recently I bought this package that has different types of tea (different flavours of black, green, white and rooibos). Haven't tried it yet, but it is a goal to try more types, maybe find new favorites.

Very noice, I also want to try as much tea as possible

Jan 28, 2021 8:43 PM

Dec 2020
katsucats said:
ren0080 said:
That's why I suggested finding samples. The site would be 96 PHP for sample, which would still be expensive no doubt, since it's meant for a US market. I wonder if there are analogous sites for the Philippines market?

If you browse through Asian teas or even Indian teas, there are dozens of varieties separated by region, processing tradition, and even subtle variations in plant genetics. For example, there's Bi Lo Chun (Spring Green Snail), Long Jing (dragon Well), Tie Guan Yin (Iron Goddess), Gao Shan (High Mountain), Bai Hao Yin Zhen (Hundred Hair Silver Needle), Gunpowder, etc. It's all subjective, which is why I suggested finding whatever you could cheaply, or if a tea shop would let you try samples without buying them (I don't know if that's a thing there where you're from).

If you're interested in exploring teas, I'd recommend picking several varieties, whatever that you could find in supermarkets -- low grade, loose leaf -- and noting the differences and figure out which you like the best. And then once you appreciate the base flavor, in my opinion you could try things like adding sugar or other flavoring like vanilla, if you think it helps. I feel like if you start off with the vanilla, you wouldn't know what the tea tastes like. But of course, I'm a bit of a connoisseur. It's perfectly valid just to find a nice blend that you enjoy and stick with it, you just wouldn't know what each component contributes.

Oooooh, okay. I'll try to do that. So the supermarket huh, okay I'll keep that in mind.
Thanks for your help.

Jan 28, 2021 8:50 PM

Dec 2020
Ikan1a said:
I personally find plain tea kinda boring, especially herbal tea. But I can enjoy black tea & mint tea to an extent.

Milk tea is better though, perfect recipe for u all to try:

- Pour your milk in a pan
- Add the tea bag
- Add cardamom pods (or any other spices you want)
- Let the milk simmer on low heat WITH the tea bag in it & the spices, NO water!!
- Add your sugar
- Enjoy

If you want it more concentrated, simply let it boil for longer &/or add another tea bag. I personally like it CONCENTRATED.

I kinda find it disturbing when I think some people actually use boiled water & in the process (with hot chocolate too). It is A SIN in my book.

But all in all, coffee is the way to go for me. Whether black or with milk.

Oooooooh thanks for the recipe
How many ml of milk should I add and how many tablespoons of sugar should I add?

Jan 28, 2021 8:56 PM

Dec 2020
Luchse said:
Earl Grey and regular plain old black tea were always my thing.

Earl Grey is really on of the teas that I wanna taste the most. I wonder what it tastes like

Jan 28, 2021 9:04 PM

Dec 2020
Fatephile said:
Let's talk about drinks

Milk is the best
For me at the very least lmao

Jan 28, 2021 9:05 PM

Dec 2020
babyaki said:

Is bubble milk tea different from normal milk tea?
If so, then I wanna taste that. It might redeem the milk tea for me.

Jan 28, 2021 9:06 PM

Dec 2020
Bloomberry said:
I recently tried some milk tea, it's pretty good. Other than that, I only drink tea at dim sum restaurants, and I don't really like it but I drink it anyway.

Noice, the majority of the restaurants here doesn't serve teas but sodas instead. Which is a shame tbh

Jan 28, 2021 9:15 PM

Dec 2020
149597871 said:
Oolong tea tastes great, but in my opinion, anything that has high amounts of caffeine in it is unhealthy or, at the very least, unsuitable for daily consumption.

I'll keep that in mind, I'll keep things in moderation when I actually started drinking tea.

Jan 28, 2021 9:54 PM

Aug 2020
ren0080 said:
babyaki said:

It's the same, just with tapioca pearls

- ꜱʜᴇʀʟᴏᴄᴋ ʜᴏʟᴍᴇꜱ
Jan 28, 2021 10:12 PM

Dec 2020
babyaki said:
ren0080 said:

Oh, then I might not like it too much then ooooof
But who knows, maybe if I tasted it again next time then I might like it.

Jan 28, 2021 10:48 PM

Jun 2014
Senseki said:
i used to be a big sweet tea drinker before i started having acid reflux problems. i'd probably rank it in my top 5 beverages.

i've also heard many good things health-wise about herbal teas. would love to try them.

I also have acid reflux, but I just can't bring myself to give up sweet tea. Albeit, my reflux isn't that bad.
Jan 28, 2021 10:58 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
My favorite is just sweet Jasmine tea, good when served hot or cold :)

I usually drink hot one when I feel sick or when I'm bored of coffee.

I dont drink tea everyday tho, just sometimes.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 28, 2021 11:01 PM

Dec 2020
Rinrinka said:
My favorite is just sweet Jasmine tea, good when served hot or cold :)

I usually drink hot one when I feel sick or when I'm bored of coffee.

I dont drink tea everyday tho, just sometimes.

Jasmine tea huh... I wanna try that too. Another one to add to the list lmao

Jan 28, 2021 11:04 PM

Aug 2020
ren0080 said:
babyaki said:

different places make it differently so you definitely should!

- ꜱʜᴇʀʟᴏᴄᴋ ʜᴏʟᴍᴇꜱ
Jan 28, 2021 11:10 PM

Dec 2020
babyaki said:
ren0080 said:

different places make it differently so you definitely should!

Okay, I'll definitely try it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Jan 29, 2021 7:13 AM

Apr 2016
Malkshake said:
I also have acid reflux, but I just can't bring myself to give up sweet tea. Albeit, my reflux isn't that bad.

fair. to be honest, drinking sweet tea is inconsequential for most people in moderation of course.

nice to meet a fellow acid reflux trooper lol
Jan 29, 2021 11:09 AM

Sep 2017
ren0080 said:
Fatephile said:
Let's talk about drinks

Milk is the best

At first I thought you were saying milk tea
But milk? Idk man, it tastes kinda funny
خ
Jan 29, 2021 11:13 AM

Dec 2020
milk tea with chewy bubble and mango jelly :)))))
"no one really laughs on the internet, they just go 'hM' and type '𝕃𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸𝕆𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸'."

I'm Level 69 on Mal Badges. View My Badges.

Jan 29, 2021 11:15 AM

Dec 2020
RandomFriday said:

idk man water's kinda important for you
"no one really laughs on the internet, they just go 'hM' and type '𝕃𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸𝕆𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸'."

Jan 29, 2021 11:26 AM

Dec 2020
Fatephile said:
ren0080 said:

Milk is the best

I always wonder why people found it taste funny tbh
It's probably because I add sugar in my milk lmao

But I agree, milk from convenience store taste weird. because it's soy milk
But certain brand of milks are pretty tasty even without sugar

Jan 29, 2021 11:27 AM

Dec 2020
MilkShakeT said:

Noice, I don't really like milk tea but I might try that because I like myself some mango jelly (or did I misunderstand and those two that you said are two different things? lol)

Jan 29, 2021 11:33 AM

Sep 2017
ren0080 said:
Fatephile said:

If there are any in your region, I suggest you try water buffalo's milk instead of normal cow's.They usually taste better
خ
Jan 29, 2021 11:34 AM

Dec 2020
Fatephile said:
ren0080 said:

If there are any in your region, I suggest you try water buffalo's milk instead of normal cow's.They usually taste better

bufallo milk? first time I'm hearing that
is it better than Cockroach milk? lol

Jan 29, 2021 11:36 AM

Sep 2017
ren0080 said:
Fatephile said:

Bruh reading this literally made me shake in my place
Whose idea was this even
خ
Jan 29, 2021 11:43 AM

Dec 2020
Fatephile said:
ren0080 said:

Bruh reading this literally made me shake in my place
Whose idea was this even

idk, all I know is that it's not me lmao

Jan 29, 2021 12:55 PM

Dec 2017
I drink green tea every day. I doesn't really taste anything, but it's healthy.
Jan 29, 2021 1:59 PM

Dec 2020
ren0080 said:
MilkShakeT said:

Noice, I don't really like milk tea but I might try that because I like myself some mango jelly (or did I misunderstand and those two that you said are two different things? lol)

no your right I put em in the same bottle lol

Jan 29, 2021 2:36 PM

Jun 2015
I've drunk an average of 5 cups of tea a day (2-3 times a day) for a long time, basically whenever I eat anything sweet (with an only exception I can think of being icecream, which I rarely have anyway) I like to have it with tea.

I only enjoy it hot and without adding sugar or its substitutes. Depending on the tea however I like to slice a lemon and squeeze it a bit per cup.

I mainly drink green tea (with Kukicha and Bancha as main variants), red tea (Pu-Erh) and black/early grey, these last ones being the ones I mostly enjoy with lemon.
Jan 29, 2021 3:01 PM

Apr 2018
I drink tea everyday, with breakfast, after meal, and at evening.

My favorite for breakfast is either black tea or green tea.

After meal, gotta be black tea.

Evening either green tea, green tea with citrus flavouring, or black tea with lemon flavouring. Depends on mood lol
Jan 29, 2021 3:25 PM

Sep 2020
Tea is great, the herbal taste is really good. To be honest, when I drink coffee it upsets my stomach so that's the only reason I drink tea. Milk tea is nice.
Jan 29, 2021 3:34 PM
Jul 2018
I drink like half a liter tea everyday lol and I really love almost all, so I can't even decide which one is the best, but I prefer fruity teas and these "winter teas" with cinnamon and fruits the most.
Jan 29, 2021 4:52 PM

Aug 2020
I always have a cup after work, I think the type is called earl grey but I'm not sure, the brands called Yorkshire Tea and its by far my favourite.

A fruit tea's good if its late, no caffeine so it wont mess with your sleep.

There was a local place that served macha and senchou tea, they're quite nice, I only hope the shop survives everything.
Jan 29, 2021 6:05 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly despite my name I only like Tetley Tea and don't know many other tea brands or brews, I am truly a disgrace
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 7 hours ago

24 by tsukareru »»
10 minutes ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

23 by cosmosreceiver »»
13 minutes ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

22 by tsukareru »»
28 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Yesterday

16 by DesuMaiden »»
57 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

34 by DesuMaiden »»
58 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.