Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 23, 2021 9:29 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A "beef" challenge between national player Miya and Langa, the next big thing in "S" after Shadow's harrowing defeat.

Pretty impressive skateboarding freestyle skills of increasing difficulty to compare with Reki, and speed to compare with Langa. But to compete with a high calibre like Miya's, those skateboard supports would have to be changed for something better while the rookie tunes his snowboarding skills to adapt to skateboarding.

Another brillant idea from Reki to fine-tune Langa's skateboard with those of roller wheels for chairs for inspiration, and it's off to "S" for yet another hyped race between the 2 (while both Shadow and Reki trail behind Initial D style in his Nissan Micra / March).

"The hero can’t party up with slimes", yeahhhhh...if you think lowly of others, you're instantly a bulldozed target, the undesired hero. Skateboarding can be fun with friends, but in the spirit of competition, it instaneously becomes a sacrifice of the former...and Reki and Langa's lesson to Miya is just that.

Oh...the legend Adam has showed up to intimidate the players, this will move the plot in an interesting direction! DIO has come to wreck the competition loose!
KANLen09Jan 24, 2021 4:45 AM
Jan 23, 2021 10:58 AM

Jun 2019
Still one of the nice OPs this season for sure. Making me wanna do those tricks even though I don't know a thing about Skating is so frustrating. The national guy was a bit cocky tho, But what can you say to someone with real talent.
Overall, a great episode. This show is surely doing its job of hooking me into Skateboarding. Maybe, I'll try myself. :P
Also, ngl Dio looks hot.
Pre_YumJan 23, 2021 11:01 AM
Jan 23, 2021 10:59 AM

Jun 2012

Never knew a Nissin Micra could drift.

Oh snap! Adam (Dio) is going to be the bad guy!?

I thought I recognized Miya from somewhere, he looks similar to Setsuna from Gundam 00.

GlorditJan 23, 2021 11:12 AM
Jan 23, 2021 11:02 AM

Mar 2015
What a fun race that was, and of course the backstory was also cute.

The villain made its appearance, and of course, he is over the top as hell(also kinda creepy, not gonna lie)
Jan 23, 2021 11:09 AM

Sep 2017
The bails in this episode were pretty savage. I hope Lange was wearing kneepads under his jeans lol. DIO is finally made an appearance and he is just as goofy as you would expect.
Jan 23, 2021 11:11 AM
Sep 2015
Reki has to lose and lose again just to show the new villain power, I hope he'll actually win some, otherwise he'll be just a skateboard maker, and Langa's boyfriend...

Adam is the big boss? I'll predict the twist that the big boss is actually his assistance Tadashi Kikuchi, the "no photo" guy in the ED.

So will Miya be the dog or cat? But people already know from his tail.

My favorite boy Joe doesn't have a time to shine yet.
Jan 23, 2021 11:18 AM

Jun 2020
*heavy sigh with weird gestures around the dude's legs* "may I touch you?"

I legit could not stop fucking laughing at that scene, like I knew the Adam guy was gonna be a mega-creep but like this. This is hilarous.
Jan 23, 2021 11:30 AM
Jul 2020
this anime is amazing istg.
Jan 23, 2021 11:39 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
pretty good ep.

its cool that Langa won against that bratty kid Miya and now Reki is gonna skate DIO for insulting Miya.

im looking forward to the next ep.
Jan 23, 2021 11:39 AM
Jan 2017
yall, its been a while since the last time i hyped over sports anime. bones really did them justice. with a perfect ed, op and humour, how could i even complain?
Jan 23, 2021 11:44 AM

Sep 2020
Episodes 1 and 2 had me hooked, but now I'm sold, I love this anime already!!

The friendship dynamic between Reki and Langa is sooo good, I love the way they interact. I guess Miya will become part of their group, Reki definitely cracked his shell with his words and then defending him in front of Adam. He was just too cute when he was about to cry 🥺

Adam is just...well, he's extra xD I think he'll be an interesting antagonist that'll fit well with the rest of the characters.

I also want to see more of Cherry Blossom and the Cook, their bickering cracks me up every time 😂
Jan 23, 2021 11:50 AM
Dec 2020
Did anyone else love the little bit towards the end when they're fighting over the word "unique"? Idk why I loved that part so much
Jan 23, 2021 12:02 PM

May 2020
Langa is really unstoppable now with his new board, trees, no railing and that roll he did after the finish line ^^
Adam (Hisoka2) ruined the mood -_-
Jan 23, 2021 12:03 PM

Oct 2017
Another exciting skate battle and once again Langa managed to win. Finally we are gonna get to see Reki battle again but his opponent this time is the Legendary ADAM. Wonder how well will he do against him.
Jan 23, 2021 12:22 PM

Dec 2014
Great stuff as always. The skating is always super fun to watch, exciting and entertaining.

Langa pulled off some really crazy stuff there and the wheel rotation was a pretty interesting idea from Reki.

It was nice of Reki to show Miya that they could still be friends despite whatever may have happened in Miya's past.
Adam finally shows, curious if we'll see Reki battle him based on the last episode.
Jan 23, 2021 12:32 PM

Feb 2019
Disappointing episode, totally predictable

The only good thing about this anime is animation

What a boring....
Jan 23, 2021 1:24 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Eh, my least favorite episode so far. It lacked the fun the previous episodes had.

Looks like Miya isn't all bad, his friends abandoned him out of jealousy of his success. It seems his love of skateboarding has come back thanks to Reki's kindness.

Adam be like swiggity swooty, I'm comin for the booty. Those hand movements were something else.

I find it disappointing that it's still putting Reki in the backseat and focusing on Langa. I'd really like to see Reki get his chance to shine and prove something. However, it looks like he may get that chance next week now that he's challenging Adam. But I have a sneaking suspicion that Adam will destroy him and we'll be right back to where we started.

Let's hope next week improves.
Jan 23, 2021 1:37 PM

Aug 2020
Another enjoyable episode, can't wait to see what happens in the next with adam and Reki.

Adam gives me hisoka vibes ngl.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Jan 23, 2021 1:38 PM
Mar 2020
Where can watch the new episode
Jan 23, 2021 1:56 PM
Mar 2015
I'm a bit bothered by all the inaccuracies and stuff, but it was a fun watch nonetheless.

Just to name a few of the inaccuracies:
- grinding would definitively slow you down massively, even if the curb is waxed
- a maple skateboard would absolutely break in half hitting the tree like that
- rotating shopping cart truck/wheels is absolute suicide. I guess he could've used springs or something to limit the rotation, but that would still be damn near impossible to control and still nothing like snowboarding. The plastic hook on top is a neat idea though
- not saying it's impossible to do a 180 to bridge the gap on the rail while grinding (although it would depend on how narrow and round the rail is), but transitioning into a nose manual grind would've been probably way easier :T
- Langa really needs to learn how to fall
- that "rodeo andy" looked more like a simple backflip+180 or a backside rodeo if anything. From what I gather the andy rodeo is supposed to be a front flip

And this is a stupid complaint, but I wish the girl starting the race with a flag was just someone sexy dropping a handkerchief or something underground style. Not everything has to be WWE, fucking weirdos. Damn shame that Reki looks so weak compared to Langa too.
Jan 23, 2021 2:00 PM

Mar 2016
i didn't enjoy this episode nearly as much as the previous two :( hopefully next week changes my mind <3

Jan 23, 2021 2:07 PM

Jan 2011
oh my boy I didn't know Dio becomes a skater after Jojo isekai'd him

well I didn't except Langa to win this time
Jan 23, 2021 2:29 PM

Dec 2020
Ore wa DIOOOO! Srly this was a great episode, can’t wait to see next week one
Jan 23, 2021 2:37 PM

Apr 2015
Lmao the story's so over-the-top and ridiculous, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not enjoying the hell out of it anyways. It's obviously a "turn-your-brain-off and enjoy" type of show. The characters are fun and the animation is slick. The race outcome was super obvious, but the race itself was still very entertaining. Didn't really care about Miya's past...sorry lol. Looks like Adam might be the next opponent. That was fast. I thought he would be the ultimate boss or something like that. His VA is so recognizable. I burst out laughing when he said "Can I touch you?" and when Miya's friend said "The hero can't party up with slimes!" I'm sorry, I know what his friend was trying to say but it just sounds so stupid out loud xD Anyways, looking forward to next week's episode! I hope Reki will have his time to shine.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jan 23, 2021 3:26 PM

Jul 2016
Oh boy. FSN Lancer with DIO's voice and Hisoka's behaviour has arrived.

Weakest episode so far. Sorry but I can only stand bratty kids to a certain point. His "angsty" backstory was quite generic and all those "slime" comments couldn't have sounded more stupid.
Jan 23, 2021 4:06 PM
Jan 2021
Man I really loved this episode. Great animation, good comedy and the race was definitely very hype. Cannot wait for next week to come, I wanna see ADAM in action!
Jan 23, 2021 4:07 PM

May 2017
Adam is giving me severe Hisoka vibes lmao
Jan 23, 2021 4:12 PM
Nov 2020
Chinen's skate demos look oddly similar to Rodney Mullen's moves...anyone else notice that?

https://youtu.be/1U-cgn3cEGA?t=9

Also, Langa's board mods are pretty cool but then he would only limit himself to racing type skateboard matches. I'm guessing he's not trying to become a technical street skater like Reki and the others?
kuwangpaJan 23, 2021 4:19 PM
Jan 23, 2021 5:04 PM
Jun 2020
This shit is so good, but the useless main character is really annoying me.
Jan 23, 2021 5:12 PM

Jun 2013
They really went full "Lancer - evil route" in having Adam with that character design and voiced by Dio's VA somehow pulling off a creepy gentlemanly vibe.

Also, Reki calling Shadow an old man and he's actually 24... Felt that one.
Jan 23, 2021 5:40 PM

Jun 2020
errr....i love them
Miya chinen is a bitch sometimes but it's okay cuz i luv that

♡hyena zzZzzZ♡

Jan 23, 2021 5:53 PM

Feb 2017
1nvader said:
I'm a bit bothered by all the inaccuracies and stuff, but it was a fun watch nonetheless.

Just to name a few of the inaccuracies:
- grinding would definitively slow you down massively, even if the curb is waxed
- a maple skateboard would absolutely break in half hitting the tree like that
- rotating shopping cart truck/wheels is absolute suicide. I guess he could've used springs or something to limit the rotation, but that would still be damn near impossible to control and still nothing like snowboarding. The plastic hook on top is a neat idea though
- not saying it's impossible to do a 180 to bridge the gap on the rail while grinding (although it would depend on how narrow and round the rail is), but transitioning into a nose manual grind would've been probably way easier :T
- Langa really needs to learn how to fall
- that "rodeo andy" looked more like a simple backflip+180 or a backside rodeo if anything. From what I gather the andy rodeo is supposed to be a front flip

And this is a stupid complaint, but I wish the girl starting the race with a flag was just someone sexy dropping a handkerchief or something underground style. Not everything has to be WWE, fucking weirdos. Damn shame that Reki looks so weak compared to Langa too.

My dude.. as a skater it's obviously innacurate BUT... this is anime, don't look for realism here.
Jan 23, 2021 7:02 PM

Feb 2017
controversial take(?) but miya annoys tf outta me. i can't pity him for his friends leaving him; just because your friends ditch you, doesn't mean you have to turn into a condescending brat.

also okay dio LMFAO

placeholder text
Jan 23, 2021 7:35 PM

Aug 2017
oh, Reki. you tell Langa not to take challenges too easily but then let people provoke you easily.

wow Miya's school uniform is ugly.

1nvader said:
that "rodeo andy" looked more like a simple backflip+180 or a backside rodeo if anything. From what I gather the andy rodeo is supposed to be a front flip

I'm not that familiar with snowboarding moves but I agree. as far as I can tell an andy rodeo is doing a flip on a regular downslope instead of off a ramp, and rodeos are more about spinning than flipping anyway. he just did a backflip and 180. seems like the physics aren't the only inaccuracies they want to put in this show. that tree thing definitely would've just slowed him down.
Jan 23, 2021 7:42 PM

Nov 2009
Honestly looks like Miya's old friends werent worth much anyway, all jealousy.

Don't think Reki has much of a chance against Adam, think hes our jobber of the main duo lul
Jan 23, 2021 8:28 PM

Jun 2019
The skating scene was pretty ridiculous and fun to watch. I’m liking Reki more and more as the season progresses. Him standing up for Miya was a good touch. So Adam is just Hisoka but he kills people with his “sick trix” instead, huh.
Jan 23, 2021 9:02 PM

Jan 2020
Oh wow, I'm really loving this show so far. I really vibe with the comedy and the skating scenes are so intense and fun.

I'm wondering how far Langa's abilities are going to take him when it comes to S. So far he's beaten two pretty well-known/well-regarded skaters. I'm wondering when he'll face his first defeat. I mean, of course, he's getting his ass kicked when it comes to learning the basics, but he's a beast when he implements those snowboarding skills. I wonder who's going to give him his first L.

I can't wait to see Reki vs. Adam. It's pretty obvious that Adam's the boss around there, so Reki's bound to lose. He's definitely in over his head. Since they have to give something up for a beef... Man, I wonder what they're gonna wager. Godspeed, Reki.
Jan 23, 2021 9:10 PM

Jan 2017
OP has been growing on me a lot. I really enjoy this anime a lot so far since it just seems fun. The whole skating 1v1 scenes are always a mix of hype and comedy I feel. Pretty enjoyable so far, hope it continues being so fun.
Jan 23, 2021 10:24 PM

Mar 2013
This anime is just so fun to watch. Yeah, it might be over-the-top at times but that actually gives me more enjoyment, like I'm obviously NOT looking for extreme realism here. I don't mind it if it's not 100% accurate.

This is the reason why I enjoyed Kuroko no Basuke in the first place because it was freaking amazing to watch if you just watched it thinking it's like basketball with superpowers.

Anyways, Hisoka/Dio guy seems creepy, but when he said "May I touch you" it stopped being creepy and I burst out laughing

As for Reki, it seems that he's in it purely for the enjoyment, it doesn't seem to be that he is obsessed with beating people or being number 1 like some of the others. It also looks like he really likes doing the mechanics as well. He'll probably lose next episode but it will still be fun to watch him skate.
Jan 23, 2021 11:27 PM

Aug 2015
Miya = bitch baby
Adam = bitch king

Adam's characterization is fantastic. Big Dio vibes. Everything about him is so extra.

The skateboarding is getting ridiculously over the top. I love it. Episode 3 and we're already jumping off of trees.

Surprisingly, Langa seems to be more of a main protagonist than Reki for now. Reki's like the manic-pixie-dream-boy mechanic support role while Langa is the one out there kicking ass. Not the dynamic I expected based on their designs / personalities, but I'm here for it.
whitherJan 23, 2021 11:32 PM
Jan 24, 2021 12:15 AM
Apr 2020
WHOA! Another great episode! Rodeo Andy, tree bump, and that handrail spin! Sugoi Langa! Langa is getting better at skateboarding. But, of course, Langa couldn't do that without Reki's help. Just by looking at Langa, Reki knows what to do. Training and board, Reki is surely a big help to Langa. Langa and Reki are really a great duo. Love their bromance/friendship!

MIYA is kinda annoying tho. Welp, at least, I guess he's going to changing after that.

So that blue-haired president or something is the Legendary ADAM.

Jan 24, 2021 12:22 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I was so hyped for the next episode of attack on titan tomorrow, then I watched this, and all my aot hype died and was reincarnated into hype for the next SK8 episode next week

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 24, 2021 12:47 AM

Aug 2019
Lmao some of the tricks were a bit ridiculous especially the tree bounce.
Still very much enjoying this show, definitely top 5 of the season.
Jan 24, 2021 1:40 AM

Jun 2014
I don't know shit about skating but it's pretty clear that some of the stuff we're seeing in this show is intentionally unrealistic and over-the-top lol (like that bounce off the tree), but I still like it. The skating scenes are fun to watch either way so having crazy shit isn't really much of a deterrent.

Lmao not-Dio is just as creepy as one would expect, with the perfect VA as well. I doubt Reki has a chance against him.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 24, 2021 4:20 AM

Jun 2016
getting better and better
Jan 24, 2021 4:31 AM
Jan 2021
This anime is really awesome.Also hilarious..😌
Jan 24, 2021 4:45 AM
Mar 2018
What a sick race! Still see the cliches, but they still make it very entertaining.

The mysterious masked man, Adam, finally revealing himself, and Reki challenging him, next week will be very exciting!

Jan 24, 2021 5:41 AM

Oct 2016
Don't mind those "friends" Miya, they were just insecure brats. I am sure Miya will become better from this point forward. Another great episode.

I see Giorno is working as an assistant for his father DIO. That was a bitchass cliffhanger, can't wait for the next episode, Reki vs DIO lezgo.
Jan 24, 2021 6:18 AM

Jul 2014
Reki taking on Dio is surely not going to end too well.
Jan 24, 2021 7:00 AM

Jun 2020
Chinen’s school uniform is so cute! Poor him having felt so alone all that time. He has found his people! The Reki & Langa pair continue being endearing. Reki is also hilarious. Him just getting into Shadow’s ride L O L

Another fun episode. Overused power of friendship cliche but it didn’t take away from this episode, still enjoyed it!!

I like how Reki goes on about Langa accepting/challenging others easily & he literally does the exact same thing with Adam. He was standing up for Chinen! Sweet & goofy boy ♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Langa's relationship with reki ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - May 7, 2022

65 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 10, 3:11 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

147 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 4, 5:21 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2021

142 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 31, 4:58 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

210 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 30, 4:56 AM

» SK8 the Infinity Event & Bucchigiri!?

OnlyAraku - Dec 31, 2023

8 by OnlyAraku »»
Jan 9, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.