Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 15, 2021 6:43 AM
Oct 2019
Wow In a way like "Vegetarian" Demon, didn't eat Human?

Nice Big Reveal about the World Lore...

Holy damn it's been 1000 years since the "Promise" between Human and Demon...
So It's still Earth and it split into half.

So Human in the beginning of the "Promised" sacrifice other Humans to be breed in the Farm, right?

Ohh that flower, in the first episode Season 1... Oh boy

Yeah i can understand Emma struggle, we in modern society doesn't really hunt and kill the animal by ourselves..
Jan 15, 2021 6:45 AM
Oct 2019
thiago52192 said:
I'm officially starting to lose interest in the story. I really hope the direction and screenwriting improves later on, because this episode felt much longer than it actually was given how uninterested I was most of the time.

Nani??? How the Episode that reveal the World Lore become uninterested...
Jan 15, 2021 6:59 AM

Dec 2015
davidyodo24 said:
thiago52192 said:
I'm officially starting to lose interest in the story. I really hope the direction and screenwriting improves later on, because this episode felt much longer than it actually was given how uninterested I was most of the time.

Nani??? How the Episode that reveal the World Lore become uninterested...

I said for most of the time. The world lore reveal was interesting, but still just one scene, and even that could have been better directed imo.
Jan 15, 2021 7:02 AM
Oct 2019
I'm confused, can't relate at all... Alright
Jan 15, 2021 7:06 AM
Jul 2018
The name 'the promised Neverland' makes a lot more sense now. Really enjoyed the history lesson.
Jan 15, 2021 8:38 AM
Aug 2016
Good episode. Loved the visuals, and the direction of the hunting scene especially. Being a manga reader, I am hyped af for Goldy Pond. Letzz gooo!
Jan 15, 2021 9:00 AM
Sep 2017
Ringare said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They have been rescued by the two demons, they say they dont eat humans but they still seem suspicious. At least there is still a human territory but they still have to find it. They are training to use a bow, it is extremely hard actually Im surprised they manage to do it easily.Still very nice to finally see kids working hard both at school and outside. Emma is a good student and will be great at hunting. I hate this kind of birds, killing it with the gupna looked good
The landscapes outside looked very good

Not sure if they are actually suspicious, or we just get this kind of vibe due to the fact that we don't have much info on them. The whole atmosphere is very mysterious and gives off a "suspicious" kind of vibe because there's still so much we have yet to learn. At least that's my opinion!

In other news, I feel that there are and will be great symbolisms in this anime as the story proceeds.
Jan 15, 2021 9:07 AM
Sep 2020
Much better than the first episode!
Jan 15, 2021 9:34 AM
Feb 2019
The pacing was good, and some questions were finally answered about the world and the so called demons. Overall, it was a very enjoyable episode.
Jan 15, 2021 9:35 AM

Mar 2019
glad to see the demons don't eat humans. i'm still a little wary but i hope there isn't a plot twist where they turn out to be bad. this is set in 2046?? i honestly thought it would be way further into the future. i've always been interested in the world tpn is set so it was interesting to see this explored.

is it just me or emma looks a little weird at the end?
Jan 15, 2021 9:55 AM

Dec 2020
In my opinion, this episode was far better than the first, it goes more in-depth about how the characters were feeling after they escaped which the first episode didn't do. This is because the characters in animes for me are very important, for me, the show could be about fugging eating toast before you go to school and that's it, as long as the characters are enjoyable, I'll like it. This episode brought my rating from a 7 to a 9, an amazing episode.
Jan 15, 2021 10:17 AM

Feb 2020
I like these two vegan demons
Jan 15, 2021 10:53 AM

Apr 2020
SonTOSHI said:
SupChoco said:

Being vegan only works in our modern world (soja, quinoa, stuff you can buy in any store). It would be impossible to survive in the wild without meat.

***LAUGHS IN MONKEY***

Abandon society, return to monke

Jan 15, 2021 11:20 AM
Jul 2019
Ok, so 2 demons who don't eat humans, due to religious reason and helping them kids....and were considered as heretics by their own kind ...so , I'm guessing those 2 demons can be considered like that of those animal rights activist, who shuns meat eating and pushes for an all vegetarian diet ......
the world was split into two, the human realm who don't hunt demons and the demon realm who don't hunt humans and them kids were nothing more than just live stocks offered up by them humans so that the demons don't invade the human realm.
Jan 15, 2021 11:42 AM
Apr 2018
After trying hard to remember, I still don't remember how Emma and Ray come out with the number 30 years.
Jan 15, 2021 12:37 PM

Nov 2020
First half of this episode felt so peaceful and comfortable.
Jan 15, 2021 12:58 PM

Dec 2018
I guess next stop is save the other children then cross to the human world, even if its probably not going to be that fucking easy =P

I was right about Mujika. She is my little demon lesbian after all! And my girls dont eat other girls, she rather give the other girl a kiss,,YEEEEEEEES

Most importantly my little angel/demon have psychical contact for the first time. Awwwwwww they are so cute. I think demon girl should romance with human girl,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! In my book,They would be the most awesome lesbian couple ever

Yuri-CrusaderJan 15, 2021 1:40 PM
Jan 15, 2021 1:17 PM

Feb 2014
One thing that I learnt a lot in this episode is that Gilda can be surprisingly scary when she needs to be. It's always the quiet ones, huh? XD

Anyway, we get a good introduction to Sonju and Mujika, who have helped Emma and Ray's group out a lot. Due to their religious beliefs, they don't eat humans, which automatically makes them heretics within the demon society. Sonju also went on to explain about how the humans and demons live on their own sides of the planet and how it's been like that for 1,000 years.

They've done enough to convince me that they're good guys and the pair did a stellar job in teaching the kids how to prep up fruit and vegetables, as well as practice on using a bow and arrow.

However, Emma wanted to go with Sonju during his scouting job, where she asked him her true intention, which is to hunt other living creatures, as she knows they need all the food they can get, meat and fish included, in order to improve their survival odds.

You can see that shooting the bird down from the tree and them ramming the same plant used on the humans gave Emma some painful memories of the very first episode back in season 1, and you can see that clearly on her face at the end of this episode, too. Poor girl...
Jan 15, 2021 2:03 PM

Oct 2018
pint said:
Good thing Sonju and Mujika are "good demons"... But are they really?

I have my suspicions too, the poster makes Mujika look kinda antagonic IMO.
Jan 15, 2021 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
This episode had the perfect balanced mix of wholesome/feel-good elements in the first half and more serious/reminder of the darker conditions of Emma and her gang's current situation in the 2nd. Very informative episode all around.
Jan 15, 2021 3:19 PM
Sep 2019
Much, much better episode than the first. It was pretty damn great, actually. Pacing was spot on, good atmosphere, the little touches to make the environment seem more alive were nice, and the last scene with Sonju and Emma was so beautifully done that it’s one of my favorites in recent memory. Sonju and Mujika are interesting concepts for characters; especially considering they’re demons in this kind of world.

There’s no way we’re not getting at least part of Goldy Pond this season.
nthcolorJan 15, 2021 4:43 PM
Jan 15, 2021 4:16 PM

Mar 2019
Hahli143 said:
I was thinking that if the other kids still have the locator in their ears, wouldn’t the demons be able to easily find them? Seems like a major loophole if it isn’t explained. Or did I miss something?

Ray created a tool to disable these things. He used it on them during the escape.

Jan 15, 2021 5:46 PM
Nov 2019
poemofdevil said:
Hahli143 said:
I was thinking that if the other kids still have the locator in their ears, wouldn’t the demons be able to easily find them? Seems like a major loophole if it isn’t explained. Or did I miss something?

Ray created a tool to disable these things. He used it on them during the escape.

thanks. I had forgotten about that somehow.
Jan 15, 2021 8:07 PM

Apr 2020
Emma and Ray know the facts about the world, so, there are 2 worlds, a demon world and a human world, damn

Sonju is a very good person
Jan 15, 2021 8:29 PM

Feb 2014
To survive forward they must kill for food. I really like how the OP shows the dinning sequence with the eater becoming eaten. This show gives that kinda vibe.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 15, 2021 9:57 PM
Dec 2020
Well this episode sure was a step up from the last one. We finally get some sort of explanation on how the world came to be the way it is not from Sonju. A promise made between humans and demons 1,000 years ago to not hunt each other. Now they each have their own sides, and this explanation sets up what Emma and the group’s goal for this season will be. Other than that, we see training with the group on survival skills as well as Emma killing a creature for the first time ever (I didn’t think she’d actually kill the vulture or whatever it was for a moment there when she hesitated). I’m hoping they handle the rest of this season of escaping the forest and making it to the human side well.
Jan 16, 2021 1:27 AM

Jan 2019
kaip4 said:
As a manga reader the episode was good. The only thing is I feel like the pacing is going a bit fast but its not a big issue. At this rate, we will definitely be hitting some very interesting parts of the series this season.

How far in the story are we compared to the manga ?
Jan 16, 2021 2:26 AM
Jun 2019
The calm before the storm.... that's what this episode felt like. Things will most likely pick up from here. It's interesting to know more about the world and I can't wait to know more and see the demon/ human society. I'm so facinated with all the new things we've seen and learnt so far. Also it looks like emma is naturally good with a bow and will most likely become more proficient in combat as the series progresses. I'm so excited for the rest of the season.
Jan 16, 2021 2:41 AM
Jul 2018
nice to know that there is a human world i'm curious to know how enma and ray,go to the world of humans.

Mod Edit: Removed unrelated picture. Please use your signature.
Koito91Jan 18, 2021 12:33 PM
Jan 16, 2021 5:42 AM

Apr 2020
After an unimpressive first episode, we got some big revelations and developments handed to us. It seems that Sonju and Mujika do not eat humans because of their "religion" and are willing to let the children be safe from the demonic world they are in. Speaking of demonic world, wow it is Earth and it is divided between Humans and Demon World. Meaning that they are the descendants of humans who were given by the Demons as livestock.

That was a big revelation, I am not shocked but I am surprised on what the world of Yakusoku is. Also big development for Emma as she tries and strives to become a 'hunter', and for the first time she killed a human being to 'survive'. That right there is brewing character development, and I am glad that she didn't hold back furiously from the life-changing challenge.

The second season's arc is now rolling! Let's see how they would 'try' to escape to the 'Human' world and save Phil, Norman and the others from the farms run by Demons.
Jan 16, 2021 8:58 AM
May 2020
woaah that is a very very interesting structure of the world tbh. I guess its two sides of the same coin. I'm also wondering if the humans gave the demons humans as a gift, what did the demon give to the humans? I'm also liking the fact that Emma about the realness of surviving in the woods when they're not the top of the food chain anymore. overall this episode was crafted really well and i cant wait for the next episode
Jan 16, 2021 9:38 AM
Apr 2018
Kids learnt Survival skills from the demons MUJIKA & SONJU.
- RAY's cooking!
- EMMA's significant lesson for survival.
Jan 16, 2021 10:46 AM

May 2015
So...up to human world.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 16, 2021 11:06 AM
Feb 2019
Interestingly enough, this episode was pretty relaxed, alike to a SOL, and also had some good comedy.

So, the demons aren't bad, and decide to not eat human flesh because of their creed, interesting, and one fo them, Sonju, tells them the true of the world, 1 thousand years in the same state, a promise between demons and human, and a war between them prior to all this, it's really interesting to hear the truth of the world, or well, at least what he heard. The little comedic moment in the middlle was good (Gilda can be really scary xD), and at the end it was also heartwarming; the hunting segment was interesting, specially all the part related with the Gopnu, the flowers we've seen after someone dies all this time, Emma really had it hard killing something, wonder how much it really affected her.
Ah, and they're playing with the whereabouts of Ray's loyalty again... interesting to say the least.
Jan 16, 2021 11:22 AM

May 2019
So they was saved by the Indu's from that world, lol.

"BE VEGAN, THE ANIME"

btw, i'm 100% anime-only. My expectations of plot-twists:

- The couple of demons are lying about their diet, surely, maybe about the world.

- If the "half-human" side is real, the fugitives from the demon side are not welcome (it is not a twist, it is just logic).

- Finally, maybe the humans from the other side are eating demons now.
Rob7Jan 16, 2021 11:32 AM
Jan 16, 2021 4:22 PM

Feb 2017
Such a curious episode. Actually the conversation they had about religion and the current situation of the world, although vague, ended up being very interesting to me. This is by far the most interesting point in the story, but I really would like the approach to be kind of different, although surely the problem comes because those who tell it do it so half-heartedly that it doesn't allow you to find out what you want to know and it feels like they were hiding the information on purpose which bothers me a lot.

On the other hand, what happened with Emma was something hard and can add layers to her character, but I totally disagree with the drastic changes in an exploration that happened in a couple of hours, changes of this type usually take a little longer since they are gradual. I really want to be interested in the characters but it's because of these things that I can't do it.
Jan 16, 2021 4:47 PM
Jun 2020
I loved this episode and I love Mujika & Sonju. I hope they're genuine.
The religious aspect they've brought in with two demons is really interesting.
Jan 16, 2021 6:49 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I remember watching the first episode and thinking what a cute anime with cute kids. What a long way this has come. Cute kids in a dark anime. Still interested and watching!
Jan 16, 2021 9:12 PM

Mar 2019
Still waiting that moment when my body trembles completely like in the 1th season...

Good Episode, but i know the story is much better than right now.

OP/ED Songs... two of the Best ones in the entire Winter season.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 16, 2021 11:57 PM

Dec 2020
i liked how they had to learn all of the basics to survive. must've been hard for emma to kill that bird in the same way her siblings were killed. i miss phil :(
"give up on your dream and die" -levi ackermann
Jan 17, 2021 3:45 AM

Jul 2016
Parthj said:
After trying hard to remember, I still don't remember how Emma and Ray come out with the number 30 years.

The dates on the books I beleive.
Jan 17, 2021 5:13 AM
Apr 2018
Vindicater said:
Parthj said:

Vindicater said:
Parthj said:

Ah I see. Thanks for clarification.
Jan 17, 2021 6:26 AM

Jul 2013
The two religious demons are nice, I hope they continue to be nice and don't have ulterior motives...

The little history lesson was interesting.
Jan 17, 2021 6:36 AM

Apr 2020
Worldbuilding slowly kicks in more and more.

Intersting so far. I like. Gives us a new goal, to look forward to.

Emma's Moment with the bird is kind of thought provoking.
Demons are not that different from us, killing and eating animals, every day.

Hope that Idea get's disvored more, instead of demons just staying these "Evil" kinda one dimensional beeings. Sonjus and Mujika characters give me hope, for that.
Jan 17, 2021 8:26 AM

Jan 2011
I swear the writing in this show is so strong. I'm loving how it is handling its character. We can see how killing that bird mess up Emma. She's my favorite so far.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 17, 2021 1:52 PM
Oct 2019
Ayyyy they're learning how to survive lets gooo!!! Emma even did some hunting. I already love Sonju and Mujika althought the are like the crazy vegans of the demon world. I'm interested to see how the kids will cross-over to the human side of the world and the consequences that will have since that is not allowed.

The opening and ending are actually so good :)
Life is not daijoubu
Jan 17, 2021 3:21 PM

Aug 2015
The art in this episode was so amazing.

Some lore on the world of the show.

Great development, looking forward to more!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 18, 2021 4:30 AM

Jun 2016
Time to read the manga. Ugh. This season is good so far. I hope them kind demons are good. Huhu. I liked them already and I don’t want to get hurt.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 18, 2021 5:42 AM

Oct 2014
those demons are pretty fascinating, I love Sonju's design a lot especially the bandaged arms
Jan 18, 2021 1:14 PM

Aug 2013
Always found the topic of religion among demons interesting, a pity that it isn't a topic used during the manga.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aoo-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.