Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 10, 2021 11:38 AM
Feb 2018
I feel like this anime is going to be something special
Jan 10, 2021 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
the transformation of Kabane and bizarre episode was really cool

Mod Edit: Removed unrelated picture. Please use your signature.
Koito91Jan 18, 2021 12:35 PM
Jan 10, 2021 11:48 AM
Oct 2018
I was expecting to drop it, since it looked generic, but premiere was really solid. Direction and animation weren't great, but they're functional, and the OST is very climatic. The episode didn't actually show the actual dynamic of the anime, and was more of a introduction to MC, but still kept me interested to watch chapter 2
Akkarin! Hai!
Jan 10, 2021 12:01 PM

May 2018
So, Dorotabo is a yokai.........that's expected.
Jan 10, 2021 12:13 PM
Apr 2017
i love it
great start
and from what i read it will become darker, and i love dark anime

my only problem with these anime is the 12 episode, most of them will shine with 24
Jan 10, 2021 12:17 PM

Mar 2013
Yo, the music is actually pretty good. Anyone recognize it? Sounds like Evan Call? Not too sure.
Jan 10, 2021 12:20 PM

Jun 2013
Ashhk said:
Really interesting start, obviously Kabane didn't die from a bullet in his head, his kemono form was really terrifying though, and I guess that later he will have problems with his necklace seal because he seems out of control without his necklace, I also wonder what will happen now that they're in Tokyo, that boy and girl at the end seem to be important for the story too

Hah that girl... That's a boy too xD
Jan 10, 2021 12:35 PM

Nov 2013
i wasn't going to startthissincei'm not a fan of detective stuff, but the animal power stuff interested me.... 1st episode was interesting enough so i'll keep going for now
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 10, 2021 12:36 PM

Apr 2020
I didn't expect this to be so good and interesting. The character design is so cute and Kabane in his new outfit looks so precious. Excited for next week!!
Jan 10, 2021 1:05 PM
Jan 2020
Yazan_Aot said:
i love it
great start

my only problem with these anime is the 12 episode, most of them will shine with 24

Well it's because the manga or rather the source material is still in chapter 48. 12 episodes is really to be expected.
Jan 10, 2021 1:08 PM
Jan 2020
Aikeji said:
Ashhk said:
Really interesting start, obviously Kabane didn't die from a bullet in his head, his kemono form was really terrifying though, and I guess that later he will have problems with his necklace seal because he seems out of control without his necklace, I also wonder what will happen now that they're in Tokyo, that boy and girl at the end seem to be important for the story too

Hah that girl... That's a boy too xD

That guy is also voiced by the same VA as Venti from Genshin Impact. The TRAP is to be expected.. T_T I fell for that too anyway.
Jan 10, 2021 1:20 PM
Jul 2018
damn this actually looks pretty interesting. interesting story and characters have nice designs and seem pretty good. lots of potential here. also, that transformation with the steam was rly similar to aot lol
Jan 10, 2021 1:34 PM

Mar 2019
Not an amazing episode....

But amazing indeed, the way they started this show...

Pretty interesting and promising... i liked it!
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 10, 2021 2:02 PM

Oct 2017
To anime only watchers.

The story gets A LOT darker/ heavier in later chapters.
The author doesn't shy away on discussing real serious topic.
It's not like your typical yokai slaying shonen which the emphasis is on combat/ killing/ gore/ monster of the day (ex. Demon Slayer, Jujutsu) but rather a serie that emphasize character's story ark and their trauma.
There will be a lot of incidents in the story that discuss topics that're way darker than your typical yokai slaying shonen which the worst thing that could happen is massacre/bloodshed. The story will go on with deeper/ darker topic, such as using human as livestock for yokai/ prostitution.

All I ask for is the quality of the animation/ art to stay at the level of the first episode for this serie to be successful.

It's a shame this serie does not go on raider on most of western audiences even though the manga is such a good read and very original.

Ventus_SJan 10, 2021 3:11 PM
Jan 10, 2021 2:51 PM

Mar 2016
The start was nice. I had been wanting to watch something occult-themed.

I really loved the way the episode was structured. They foreshadowed everything that would be important at the end of the episode, so nothing ever seemed like Deus ex Machina even though this is just the first episode. Because of this, despite the story being similar to most shounen anime, I really enjoyed the episode instead of being bored or annoyed.

I wasn't expecting the anime to be so homoerotic, but that's always a good surprise. lol (But, I hope that from the next episode onwards, the homoerotic scenes happen between people of similar age groups, and not between adult and child.)
Jan 10, 2021 3:17 PM

Aug 2020
Expecting this show to really blow up later on.

I'm glad they've stated the goal of the protagonist in the first episode.

The opening also looks promising.

Jan 10, 2021 3:18 PM

Dec 2018
Kur4y4m1 said:
Yazan_Aot said:
i love it
great start

Well it's because the manga or rather the source material is still in chapter 48. 12 episodes is really to be expected.
It was adapted that quickly? That’s pretty interesting...

Jan 10, 2021 3:26 PM

Mar 2015
I really liked all the visuals and art style, good start too.
Jan 10, 2021 4:08 PM
Jul 2009
Cotaweb said:
Kur4y4m1 said:

It was adapted that quickly? That’s pretty interesting...

The manga has been running for 3 years actually, but it's monthly that's why there's not that much chapter
Jan 10, 2021 4:10 PM

Apr 2019
So when that charm leaves his body he transforms into a monster huh. rip doratobo... NOT! Seems our mc is hiding the kemono and letting them live with him. I think I'm going to enjoy this anime.

Jan 10, 2021 4:55 PM

Jan 2017
NGL this might be the biggest positive surprise of the season (IMHO) I was expecting nothing special and yet we got In/Spectre x Mob 100 with very good animation and Archer Seiyu <3
Jan 10, 2021 6:25 PM

Jan 2011
didn't expect much but seems kinda neat ,MC a odd one very well mannered but shows zero mercy and no expressions
Jan 10, 2021 6:35 PM
Jan 2021
Great first episode. The two main characters remind me of Mob and Reigen from Mob Psycho 100.
Jan 10, 2021 6:54 PM

Oct 2008
okay okay that was great! i'm already invested in this show! solid first ep!
a bit boring on the first part but it gets better till the end of this solid 1st ep!
5/5.

Jan 10, 2021 7:25 PM

Aug 2012
Good Start!
The OST is really good and the animation is decent. Is not the best animation but looks like the really put passion in this. The muntant animals and cars in other hands could been CGI
Jan 10, 2021 7:25 PM

Nov 2018
Kemono Jihen, what a great way for First Episode episode to watch.
My expectation for this anime in the beginning is gonna be center around village and Slow phased. But, after watching it, First episode have Pretty fast phased story with Great Action sequence but still prioritize Character and Story around Kabane with Inugami relationship. With what I just watched, right now I really looking forward to this anime.

The Design Character for this anime from I read from discussion is not same as Manga but from my perception as Anime only Viewer is Pretty Good.

Hope Yacchan character can be included in future episode having some relationship with Kabane and not only just to be a Plot Driven reason to Kabane can go from village.

Overall Great yet Surprising episode that surpassed my expectation. I really looking forward for next episode.
Jan 10, 2021 7:27 PM
Apr 2020
Good resolve by Inugami. Now Kabane was released from his abusive and cruel relatives and will start a life of his own. Kabane seems skillful, defeated ghouls just like that!

Wow! This is really fascinating!

Jan 10, 2021 8:22 PM

Mar 2019
Loved the music and atmosphere! Definitely gonna keep this one.
Jan 10, 2021 8:43 PM

Jun 2019
Seems solid. The premise looks like it can be interesting and it should be able to forge its own identity in the genre. The art and animation are both pretty average, but as long as the content is quality, that should not be an issue.
Jan 10, 2021 9:55 PM

Jan 2012
This was a lot of fun to watch!!! :D

Jan 11, 2021 12:36 AM
May 2017
Loving the music! The first show of the many I'm watching this season so far that has stood out in that regard.
Jan 11, 2021 12:47 AM

Apr 2009
nice plot twists.
Jan 11, 2021 12:53 AM

May 2020
I'm very excited for this adaptation!
The animation quality surprised me, and I think they did a good job adapting the art style of the manga into animation
And I have to agree, the music was nice
                                              
Jan 11, 2021 1:42 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, that was pretty good. The music, art and the atmosphere was really well done, animation is also above average. We didn't get the OP this episode but, we know Jotaro's VA is the one singing it, let's fucking go.

I am 100% sure that white haired kid at the end is a dude lmao, you can't fool me, unless I am fooling myself. But, overall that was interesting, looking forward for more.
Jan 11, 2021 3:25 AM

Jun 2019
Really enjoyed the first episode. Good animation with a promising story. I'm looking forward to this show. OST was great as well. But seems like the show itself is pretty underrated. We'll have to look, how things might go on from here.
A Ghoul in Tokyo? I see.
Jan 11, 2021 5:46 AM
Dec 2020
KANLen09 said:

Manga fans, you're rest assured. Chapter 1 (and the first parts of Chapter 2) was adapted perfectly. I'm very looking forward to Ajia-Do making more works like these to expand the studio's coverage, but so far, I'm in for this ride.

Actually, chapter 2 is skipped. The part at the end is the beginning of chapter 3. Chapter 2 doesn't really contribute anything to the series, so missing it out isn't a problem.

SGTxRobert said:
was beautifully adapted outside of a panel or 2 that's not important to the story, but that ending portion worries me. there's a whole in-between section that was supposed to be there before he meets the other 2 characters so I'm worried they might be moving things around or cutting sections out. hope episode 2 can put the missing gap in.

Chapter 2 is skipped out, but it doesn't matter since that chapter doesn't really contribute anything to the series other than showing off a new kind of Kemono which never shows up again.
YuChunHsiehJan 11, 2021 5:56 AM
Jan 11, 2021 7:04 AM
Jan 2020
expired_0 said:

That was the ending I supposed?
Jan 11, 2021 8:09 AM

Aug 2020
Kur4y4m1 said:
expired_0 said:

normally on the first episode they put the opening at the ending but im not entirely sure.
Jan 11, 2021 8:58 AM
Jan 2016
Bungou Stray Dogs + Ao no Exorcist
I liked it!!
Jan 11, 2021 9:10 AM
Sep 2017
expired_0 said:
Kur4y4m1 said:

normally on the first episode they put the opening at the ending but im not entirely sure.
that was the ending song. the opening song is "Kemono Michi" which should be there next episode
Jan 11, 2021 9:15 AM

Mar 2017
Wow, this was even better than I expected! I already like the bond that's forming between Inugami & Kabane and I'm looking forward to seeing that bond expend to the characters who appeared at the end. First ep nicely established Inugami & Kabane's characters whilst introducing the universe this story takes place in. I really love the art as well; it's vibrant, clean and pretty cute.

I'm gonna be presumptuous here and say that Kabane is gonna be a top contender for best boy of the season <3
Jan 11, 2021 9:18 AM
Sep 2017
YuChunHsieh said:
KANLen09 said:

Manga fans, you're rest assured. Chapter 1 (and the first parts of Chapter 2) was adapted perfectly. I'm very looking forward to Ajia-Do making more works like these to expand the studio's coverage, but so far, I'm in for this ride.

Actually, chapter 2 is skipped. The part at the end is the beginning of chapter 3. Chapter 2 doesn't really contribute anything to the series, so missing it out isn't a problem.

SGTxRobert said:
was beautifully adapted outside of a panel or 2 that's not important to the story, but that ending portion worries me. there's a whole in-between section that was supposed to be there before he meets the other 2 characters so I'm worried they might be moving things around or cutting sections out. hope episode 2 can put the missing gap in.

Chapter 2 is skipped out, but it doesn't matter since that chapter doesn't really contribute anything to the series other than showing off a new kind of Kemono which never shows up again.
i wouldn't say it's unimportant for the type of kemono but it gives people an explanation of what type of job inugami has as well as demonstrates more of kabane's abilities as well as his way of thinking.
Jan 11, 2021 9:21 AM

Apr 2017
Really liked the first episode. I started watching this only because the manga poster looked interesting so I had no expectations.

Looks like this is going to be an episodic shounen if I'm not wrong.
Jan 11, 2021 9:33 AM

Sep 2018
I wasn't sure what to expect based on the synopsis, but the first episode left me pleasantly surprised! Even though the fight scenes could have used a couple more frames in my opinion, the setup was engaging and the plot seems amusing, I love these kinds of supernatural-mystery-occult shounens. The structure & pacing were great, just what a first episode needs to keep the viewer interested. The main duo seems very likeable as well. Looking forward to next week with anticipation.
Jan 11, 2021 9:55 AM
May 2019
Mob psycho partnership, but with monster folk instead of psychics? I'm down.
Jan 11, 2021 10:56 AM
Sep 2017
Varjosoturi said:
I wasn't sure what to expect based on the synopsis, but the first episode left me pleasantly surprised! Even though the fight scenes could have used a couple more frames in my opinion, the setup was engaging and the plot seems amusing, I love these kinds of supernatural-mystery-occult shounens. The structure & pacing were great, just what a first episode needs to keep the viewer interested. The main duo seems very likeable as well. Looking forward to next week with anticipation.
yeah it kinda worries me when the studio's best known action-ish shows are "how not to summon a demon lord" which was meh and "ascendance of a bookworm" which was pretty art wise but not really in the animation side. still giving it the benefit of the doubt since this is a really good series.
Jan 11, 2021 11:03 AM

Nov 2019
Good start. I like it
The OST that started playing when Kabane and Kohachi in the field around "8:52" is so beautiful.
Jan 11, 2021 11:28 AM

Mar 2010
Yataro is so annoying, glad hes not a main character. Dang the detective looks like sanji lol. Looks interestings so far. Dang yataro and the mom sucks.
Jan 11, 2021 1:09 PM

Oct 2017
Stardew said:
Yataro is so annoying, glad hes not a main character. Dang the detective looks like sanji lol. Looks interestings so far. Dang yataro and the mom sucks.

Yataro is so unimportant I don't even remember his existent anymore as a manga reader.
Rest assure, he won't return any time soon.
Jan 11, 2021 2:05 PM
Mar 2015
I tried to read the manga and after reading a few dozens of chapters, I can't find where the story goes to..
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Mar 28, 2021

111 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 17, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 7, 2021

98 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 17, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

88 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 17, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

88 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 17, 12:21 AM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2021

72 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 15, 11:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.