Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work! CODE BLACK
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 17, 2021 7:25 AM

Feb 2019
RIP Red Blood Cell Senpai, he was a badass.

White Blood Cell is my new waifu.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jan 17, 2021 8:50 AM
Jan 2021
Hataraku Saibou the horny edgelord edition
This series is clearly aimed at people who're about 10 years younger than the first was.
If you're still getting a rise out of gore and a crying main character geeting his mind broken over the oh so cruel world, but without any of the creativity in characterization or the twists Promosied Neverland for example provided, this is the series for you.
Also, unlike the first series, this was written by some random trash ecchi author, so everyone now has huge tiddies to shake about.
EpiKuro333Jan 17, 2021 9:36 AM
Jan 18, 2021 2:32 AM

Sep 2014
Good to see this show's back albeit in a much darker manner.
Glad I am not a smoker heh, gave it some tries ages ago but couldn't see the appeal of it.
Jan 18, 2021 4:10 AM

Jan 2011
Aye, nice change of pace from the regular version.
Jan 18, 2021 11:58 AM

Aug 2020
I really love our MC so far! I'm also really enjoying this new perspective of darker themes. I got a little teary-eyed at the end there though. I'm sure that's going to be a common occurrence but oh well. I think I'll really enjoy this anime.

Jan 25, 2021 6:34 AM
May 2019
OK, I have to show my friends this show, maybe they will stop smoking....

For someone that was used to the healthy body from HS1, this is disturbing. Give me more.
Jan 25, 2021 6:37 AM
May 2019
I loved the main character and the old senpai.
The narrator is amazing, Kenjirou Tsuda does Nanami's voice at Jujutsu Kaisen, what a remarkable voice actor.
Mar 19, 2021 10:04 PM

Aug 2018
As a smoker, this was terrifying. Not enough to make one quit but, damn!

Also; DEM JUGS!
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Mar 22, 2021 8:13 AM

Feb 2020
That was interesting. Definitely much darker than the original Cells at Work. I hope watching this anime makes some people to realize what they are doing to their bodies..
Mar 30, 2021 12:30 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Fucking hell. This is what I’ve been wanting all along

We’ve had our fun, now it’s time to get real. This body is lazy, overeats, is smoking, and with that preview, it’s not going to get any easier. Looks like drinking is the next hurdle they’ll have to deal with.

With this twist we now get a cells at work that is dark and dare I say gritty, and even borderline depressing. While the main series was some nice light hearted magic school bus fun, it’s time to tackle some real issues that plague the well being of a lot of people. Cells at work pretty much aimed to give you some mild education on human bio while making it fun in anime form. Now with Black, we still get entertainment, but it’s in the form of horror thriller, and it’s ten times more compelling this time around. Plus, this has already made me motivated to just be healthier.

The platelets man. They have ATTITUDE now and it’s hilarious, especially when contrasting it to how cute we knew them to be; at least someone who didn’t watch the main series got a taste of that in that introductory video that was presented to the red blood cells. And the white blood cells are now wielding katanas and are blessed with huge racks. This is what cells at work should’ve been from the beginning. Sure all the cutesy stuff is fun, but I’m done with the red blood cell getting lost and then white blood cell coming to save her and then having everyone laugh about it. It really only got real during the cancer cell segments. I do miss the cute platelets though. But these new edgy ones are on another level.

Also no more of that awful childish OP. Now instead we get a banger.

Edit: dang I really forgot how senpai red blood cell sacrificed himself? As far as I remember they didn’t show any good cells freaking dying in S1 AND 2. This is dark man, and I hope they maintain these tones throughout the season. I wouldn’t mind a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel though. Also would like to point out how even though this aired alongside cells at work S2, the art style didn’t get the minor change that S2 did. And it looks so much better for it. Guess I’ll mention how I like our new mc red blood cell so much better as well. Sometimes I just couldn’t stand that goofy chick. THIS guy gonna go through some real pain, and that makes him so much better already
BetaMaleUltraMar 30, 2021 12:44 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 2, 2021 6:59 PM

Dec 2013
So this is a body of the an unhealthy person uwu
The setting is more intense

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Apr 3, 2021 10:21 PM
Oct 2017
Fan Service Cells at Work in full effect eh. Didn't see a single female red blood cell, at least the predecessor had a mix of sexes in that regard.
Apr 15, 2021 2:59 AM

Aug 2017
A big contrast to the original Cells at Works! and I like it. I hope the quality can be maintained.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 5, 2021 9:54 AM

Oct 2017
The ED OP is a cutie, and the WBC is a banger...
Umm, the other way around... (or not?) :P
RainyShadowJul 5, 2021 10:19 AM
Jul 17, 2021 9:54 AM

Jan 2020
Well, this is basically Hataraku Saibou: Shingeki no Kyojin version. I'm feel so bad for the cells :(

And the OP is very good

Aug 6, 2021 2:07 AM
Jul 2018
Watching this might make people want to live healthier (if they aren't already doing so) after seeing how sad the situation is in this body compared to the healthy body of the main series.
Dec 22, 2021 8:34 AM

Jul 2015
Tough 'black company' work environment, at least White blood cells provide some nice fanservice. Kinda curious how Cancer cells would look like here compared to the other series.

Feb 24, 2022 8:38 PM

Apr 2016
Very interested in how the show will maintain the whole "this body is ruined so we can keep teaching you stuff" for the rest of the show.
Apr 21, 2022 4:12 AM
Jul 2018
This episodes made me thought it's like the original mixed with evangelion or madoka magica, at first I can't help but laugh thinking how edgy this show could be but I like this stuff honestly.
May 24, 2022 1:03 PM

Jan 2010
While Cells at Work was optimistic and instructional, Code Black diverges by maintaining that instructional quality, but instead functions as a cautionary tale, aiming to convince viewers to take care of their body. The difference is stark, and I appreciate Code Black by not holding back on the damage caused by things like smoking, drinking, and a poor diet.
Jan 7, 2023 6:26 AM

Dec 2020
Well new body is in bad shape giving a different setting. Even the art style has grittier shadows and line work. They are also teaching stuff at the same time still.

The red blood cell mc is similarly clumsy and gets flustered easily but that may be due the lack of training instead of personality like in the other show. Alot of the characters are similar but different so it feels familiar. Looking forward to what comes next
Feb 2, 2023 11:11 AM

Apr 2013
So the setting is this time a sick body it seems. Them talking about smoking like it is a really stupid idea was quite funny, because it actually is a really stupid idea. Ending (or opening?) was way too upbeat for the general atmosphere lol
Mar 11, 2023 4:23 PM
Jun 2020
wow Hakkekkyuu U-1196-san is beautiful
Mar 16, 2023 4:51 AM

Dec 2022
Well this is definitely different from the original Cells at Work anime, taking place in the body of an alcoholic smoker. Nice ( . Y . ) as well.

Shaded Horizon

May 5, 2023 6:33 PM

Jan 2020
The educational vibe is gone, which is not a bad thing......and the gender between red blood cell and white blood cell are reversed.....
May 18, 2023 6:02 PM

Jul 2016
The platelets being a bunch of delinquents is the most heartbreaking aspect of this body tbh (Tho the Red Blood Cells being understaffed is technically more "heartbreaking" in the literal sense)
May 23, 2023 12:03 AM

Aug 2019
This episode is making me feel bad about my cells

The atmosphere is completely different from the other cells at work 
Jul 7, 2023 4:37 AM

Jan 2021
True to its title, these are the cells that work in a bad and unhealthy body. Stress, lack of sleep, staying up late, fatigue, lack of nutritious food cause the cells in our body to work extra hard.

I believe the purpose of Code Black is to tell the reality of poor body conditions as well as to remind us to maintain a healthy lifestyle, and this is quite effective because I feel bad about my body right now... I always stay up late every night... please forgive me, my body cells. I'll try to compensate by eating more healthy food and exercising!

And I like that they also talked about nicotine at the same time. Well, I can talk like this because I'm not a smoker but smoking gives you nothing but disease. Smokers spend money to get a disease. Two of my closest friends suffered from lung and thyroid diseases that required surgery and now have to take medicine every day.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 18, 2021

159 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 20, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 28, 2021

68 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 19, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Do you love your body?

Shizuna - Apr 8

7 by johnythepvpgod »»
Apr 12, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Feb 25, 2021

110 by Penguinu »»
Jan 12, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 4, 2021

68 by Distrekzy »»
Sep 27, 2023 7:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.