Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jan 16, 2021 10:30 AM

Nov 2019
MochiYmzki6617 said:
Read "Beginning after the end" and tell me plot does not feel plagiarized...
Mushoku tensei was far before the beginning after the end. Mushoku tensei started at the end of 2012 and the beginning after the end started in 2017
Jan 16, 2021 10:34 AM

Mar 2009
Absolutely astonishing animation. I'm baffled how this is the studios first anime.
It definitely shows that they took years to finally release the anime. Great work.
Jan 16, 2021 11:17 AM

Nov 2019
Vudis said:
Absolutely astonishing animation. I'm baffled how this is the studios first anime.
It definitely shows that they took years to finally release the anime. Great work.
I think Studio Bind is a mix of white fox and egg firm staff. Don’t fact check me though
Jan 16, 2021 11:46 AM
Sep 2015
MochiYmzki6617 said:
Read "Beginning after the end" and tell me plot does not feel plagiarized...

The Author of Beginning after the End is a Big fan of this Series. He got a lot inspiration from here
Jan 16, 2021 3:25 PM

Sep 2014
Alright that was a strong start, Im hooked. I just hope it doesnt fall flat a season in like Shield Hero did.

Also the animation is really good imo, no shitty CGI fest either, suck it cgi apologists!

only downside so far are the fans, this isnt the father of modern isekai lol.
Comander-07Jan 16, 2021 3:29 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 16, 2021 4:13 PM
Jan 2020
Is there ntr or something in this adaptation because I heard there was in the manga....
Jan 16, 2021 4:40 PM
Sep 2020
Comander-07 said:

The reason people call it the father of modern isekai is because it popularized a lot of the tropes you see in modern isekai (albeit this does them right)
Jan 16, 2021 5:02 PM

Sep 2014
HoloKill said:
Comander-07 said:

The reason people call it the father of modern isekai is because it popularized a lot of the tropes you see in modern isekai (albeit this does them right)
I have also seen people say that, yet its simply not true
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 16, 2021 5:09 PM
Sep 2012
The first episode got me immediately invested. The Splash Flow scene with a rotating camera was pure eye candy.

Studio Bind doesn't ring a bell to me, and according to MAL, this is their first anime. But I'm looking forward to their future projects.

Also, I think I found myself a smug face of the year
Jan 16, 2021 6:53 PM
Feb 2018
How old is Rudy at the end of the episode?
Jan 16, 2021 10:16 PM

Apr 2013
Paladin23 said:
How old is Rudy at the end of the episode?

At the end of episode of the current episode? Probably 5 years old.
Jan 17, 2021 4:08 AM
Mar 2012
Finally a new show that seems promising from start.
Top tier parents there. Rudeus' monologues weird but funny with great Sugita voicing.
Nice art, water & tree regrowth animation quite insane. Small details like Roxy pounding her old back lol.
Jan 17, 2021 5:31 AM

Feb 2019
Incredible premise, this might be love in first sight I have for an anime. I love the art style, animation and atmosphere of this anime already, it feels real despite the fantasy setting.

Rudy's dad is a muscular and handsome, Rudy's mom is a beauty, and it looks like they have sex every night lol.

The tutor is very cute, the maid too.

i'm looking forward to watching this anime, really good!
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jan 17, 2021 6:51 AM

Jan 2020
Wait, this is an Isekai anime that is actually good? Unbelievable. No, really. It's very promising so far and definitely has the potential to be one of the best of Winter 2021. Though, I wonder if it's going to take the KonoSuba route or go a bit on the dark side. Either way, I think I'll be enjoying it a lot.
Jan 17, 2021 7:56 AM

Mar 2019
DanielFC123 said:
Is there ntr or something in this adaptation because I heard there was in the manga....

Don't know if you count this as NTR but Rudeus gets NTR'd by his own son who elopes with his sister. That will definitely not be animated as its way at the end.
Jan 17, 2021 8:12 AM

Jul 2017
Learn how to use spoiler tags buddy. Also that isn't even remotely NTR, the fuck are you talking about?
Jan 17, 2021 8:15 AM

Apr 2013
Toneworks said:

Don't know if you count this as NTR but Rudeus gets NTR'd by his own son who elopes with his sister. That will definitely not be animated as its way at the end.

That's definitely not NTR, you're just spouting bullshit from the spoiler that you've read somewhere.
Jan 17, 2021 11:17 AM
Mar 2015
At least he is not OP at the start
Jan 17, 2021 9:34 PM

Aug 2017
So I've heard about how good the Light Novel is and I was really waiting for the anime to air.

Tbh, it was amazing. The animation is top notch and the premise seems promising!!

I'm really looking forward to the next episodes!!

Jan 17, 2021 9:49 PM

May 2018
Truck-kun is back! I missed you after a year with no isekais!
According to many light novel readers, Mushoku Tensei is the grandfather of isekai. It popularized a lot of the themes we see in isekai including the idea of "Truck-kun."

So far, it's just so average and kind of bad. I was waiting for the that slight differentiation from the isekai formula. And I was pretty disappointed with nothing unique happening. Like usual, MC is OP in a new world. I'm not sure why this has an 8+ score than Beastars. Probably hype from the light novel readers!

The MC is kind of a creepy perverted pedophile. I was cool with the first scene. But he comes off a lot creepy than charming. I don't understand people who relate to him and call him amazing. Uuuuh I hope not? Tf? We’re talking about a disgusting, perverted, shut-in neet with social anxiety while having a questionable behavior towards women (and possibly a pedo too).Anyone who resonates with him should seek for help. I do hope his behavior changes for better.

I heard this is the first ever Isekai LN, so I'm curious from where the hype comes from.
But I'm not one of those people who lets a single episode give an opinion on the show. So I'll be watching the next episode!
Jan 18, 2021 8:31 AM
Jan 2021
Promising start! I love the sort of,,, calm isekai vibe? The first episode has set up lots of interesting plot points for the future (like the maid being suspicious, magic in general, etc)
And I love the artstyle
Jan 18, 2021 2:43 PM

Aug 2015
Went back to re-watch the first ep, I really like the work they put into animating the hair
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jan 18, 2021 7:02 PM

Dec 2012
GINTOOOOOOOOKI?!
GosuDRMJan 18, 2021 7:05 PM

Jan 19, 2021 8:50 AM

May 2014
Wow, this was the first light novel I ever started. Cool to see an anime adaptation, and it looks promising. Seems like a lot of people will be turned off by the pervy child thing lol. I think it's amusing personally.
Jan 19, 2021 11:47 PM

Mar 2009
If you're going to reincarnate a 30-year-old man into a baby, you can at least have them not be a fucking weirdo.

Nice art though.
Jan 20, 2021 11:46 AM

May 2020
This was a surprisingly good first episode. Once again shows that execution is everything because the premise itself is nothing special here.
Jan 21, 2021 8:04 PM

Jun 2009
As a big fantasy nerd who enjoys watching isekai as a guilty pleasure, this is the best isekai I've ever watched by far.
Jan 21, 2021 8:54 PM

Sep 2018
walang kamatayang Truck-kun!!
Jan 22, 2021 8:50 AM

Apr 2020
Damuzen said:
Nice first episode, reminds me a lot of The beginning after the end
yeah you can clearly see the influeneces and oh fuck do I love TBATA <3 BEST FUCKING NOVEL I HAVE EVER READ

Dhil-J said:
Roxy kawaii 😳, can't wait for 2 more heroines to appear in the show
*wifes you mean😭

q1w2e3r4t5 said:
Damuzen said:
Nice first episode, reminds me a lot of The beginning after the end
same. I couldn't help but compare the two.

The parents are way better in tbate. The mother in this show seems like a magic digger (magic version of a gold digger) where as in tbate she cared about the mc's wellbeing and not whether he's good at magic. That was the father's job. In general, in tbate, the mc had a closer, more genuine relationship with his parents than in this show.

Btw wdym with scared of a horse? Wasn't it him just being unable to leave the house because of his social anxiety still carrying on from his previous life

The magic system in tbate is way less generic and is more detailed. The world building is on another level. Take Xyrus academy vs Ranoa for example. The pacing is better in tbate. In these two episodes, it fast forwards a few months every few minutes with almost no development. it keeps on skipping for the sake of skipping until Rudy is 5 years old. We don't really know how powerful Rudy is or his parents or Roxy even.
TBATE takes the best out of Mushoku Tensei, Manhwas(/their LNs), Chinese xianxia novels and also some western stories and it still manages to be unique...it's such a fucking fantastic story to be the author's very first one and omg I'm a simp

q1w2e3r4t5 said:
Damuzen said:
The story with his parent still have a long way journey

Even after reach 15 years old.
There still touching and developing story with the parents
hell no.
I just spent 15min reading about the characters and their relations and goddamn is this LN a dumpster fire :o totally something I would read😈
asapabriJan 22, 2021 8:57 AM

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Jan 27, 2021 11:24 AM
May 2020
wow. the animation for this is absolutely gorgeous
Jan 27, 2021 12:31 PM

Nov 2014
It's a nice change to see isekai get such a great quality. Despite being another loser-got-OP protagonist, Rudy is somehow funny and I like him.
Jan 28, 2021 3:09 PM

Sep 2014
That's one horny couple dayum, just gave birth and they already started making another sibling for Rudy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (god I wish that were me)
Zenith's smug when she found out Rudy is talented was GLORIOUS!
Jan 29, 2021 2:49 PM
Apr 2019
Ok this first ep was pretty ok, which is a huge problem as Isekai shows are always the best at start and as soon the "new" factor is gone they show their true face. Saying this this first episode gives very bad vibes of a show for fat guys in their 30s already complaining and given up on their lives. The big boobs give also a hinting in a bad harem show.
For example he seems suddenly to be able to follow a goal, something he seemed not to have had before. Why is this, it was never mentioned in his narrative. Also there is very little info about him, so the Autor just assumed we will project ourself into him so he does not need a backstory, not even a little?
Let's check the second episode to see which side this show goes. It still can go quite well if they keep the characters interesting.
Jan 29, 2021 4:58 PM
Sep 2016
After just episode 1, I like it so far, it has a lot of potential, and seems to have some cool world building... but I hate the Protagonist. Well, hate isn't the right word I suppose, but I really don't like him. I'll keep watching and see if I can get past him being a horrible person. I've heard he makes real efforts to get better as person, so maybe it'll be okay, but I'm worried he'll drag a seemingly otherwise promising story down into the depths.
Feb 2, 2021 1:56 AM
Apr 2016
Actually very entertaining and fun show so far, really liked the first episode!

You can see that Rudeus gets anxious outside because of his former life; that's a very interesting detail, I'm curious to see more about how it went over there for him.
Feb 5, 2021 2:57 PM

Aug 2018
Wow this is very good
Feb 6, 2021 8:28 PM

Jan 2013
WOW! This is definitely the best start of any isekai i have seen, just wow! I'm loving it already so much. The whole fact that he's a 34 y.o dude, makes this even better ahaha, and his comments on stuff are amazing!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 7, 2021 1:11 PM

Jun 2015
This was amazing! How dare I miss such a masterpiece?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 10, 2021 10:43 PM
Feb 2021
Very good story, good chara development. Even the mc is reincarnated and have memory from his previous life, it's still not cheat because in the previous life he have trauma so good chara development from trash to human.
Feb 11, 2021 10:39 AM
Jan 2020
The grandfather of all isekai. I love it. The concept is so different than other isekai. Obviously the overarching plot was similar but the execution was so awesome.
Feb 12, 2021 12:28 PM

Jul 2019
Seems like a solid start. I can't see where all the hate comes in just yet.

I am loving Roxy. Hope she lives up to my standards.
Feb 19, 2021 5:28 PM
Jan 2017
A good way to start a what seems to be a promising show! The characters are likeable, the production values are good and the vocal performances are amazing (especially Michelle Rojas as Roxy). The isekai genre is dominating the anime landscape right now, so this show will have to pull out all the stops in order to distinguish itself from its brethren. Still, I'm glad I gave this show a chance and I want to see how it goes.
Feb 21, 2021 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
I hate that such a great animation and style got such an awful protagonist. ;_;
Feb 25, 2021 1:11 PM

May 2015
I already love this series.

Also, that mother is THE BEST!!! LMAO!!!!! That smug look she made when it was revealed he was talented with magic. Best girl.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 3, 2021 12:31 PM
Mar 2021
Could be more episodes 24 in my opinion.:)
Mar 7, 2021 8:49 PM

Oct 2020
Damn the art style the animation everything is so good i cant wait to see more
Mar 9, 2021 1:24 PM

Mar 2019
Damn, this looks promising. I've heard about this anime for some time since people on discord said that MT is going to be great if the studio does it right and so far I like the animation, the characters are also likable and I enjoy the main character talking in his head with the experience he had from his past life.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 17, 2021 11:00 PM
Mar 2020
Pretty good first episode, a highly anticipated anime of this year so I am really looking forward to this:)
Mar 17, 2021 11:00 PM
Mar 2020
Pretty good first episode, a highly anticipated anime of this year so I am really looking forward to this :)
Mar 22, 2021 8:55 AM

Jun 2020
Wow. I’m already won over!!!!! That was such a good start. It was simple yet so enchanting. There’s something so captivating about the art too. I really liked the first episode, like REALLY liked it!

Not too sure about MC yet, tho the voice work is undeniably great. Loved that last line about wanting to start over. Not big on isekai but that was probably one of most believable lines out of an isekai I’ve ever seen so far. Great direction!

Beautiful ED too♡

Also I love how hot his parents are. And hot they still are for each other.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

272 by Land_mine »»
May 3, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Is Season 2, Part 1 as good as Season 1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Apr 24

23 by R0r5ch4ch »»
Apr 26, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

467 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 26, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

229 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 26, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

336 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 26, 12:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.