Forum Settings
Forums

Is there an isekai that was so incredibly bad you couldn't stand it?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 1, 2021 7:18 AM
Jan 2021
In my opinion, it was definitely Isekai Shokudou..I just wasn't interested whatsoever as the episodes progressed and the plot just wasnt intimidating.

I get that the anime is supposed to be around characters from other worlds visiting this restaraunt that makes most food from their universe but it just wasn't exciting to watch.
Jan 1, 2021 7:19 AM

Sep 2017
Endride. So boring that I kept nodding off, didn't watch more than 3 episodes.
Jan 1, 2021 7:21 AM

Feb 2016
FullyCharged said:
So much trash taste in isekais here lol.

Also SAO ain't isekai but everyone keeps calling it one so I had to include in my tiering list.

That said, of the ones I watched up to now, only two were real garbage: Conception and Mom Isekai.
Not exactly garbage but quite bad is the one about the seven prodigies, it had a nice concept, some things were developed right (like economy and some non bs fights), some were literally ruined (superpowers + science + magic was quite the bad mix and they are clearly not able to handle it lol).
Another runner for quite bad if not garbage is the fake isekai (trapped in game is not isekai, especially if you keep going back and forth between game and reality) that aired last season, the one about the dude being "reincarnated" as a farmer. The premise was okay (the prologue with him slaughtering monsters with farming tools while going idgaf was almost badass) but for now I only saw bad execution, I'll have to watch more to decide how bad it is, or if it can redeem itself on a later episode (I think it won't).

I agree with you on SAO & other such VRMMO shows not being isekai, since no one is actually going to another world, but I see no need to indulge the masses by pretending they are not wrong. Facts are not determined by popular vote, and words have specific definitions for a reason, no?

The show about the farmer is 'I'm Standing on One Million Lives' and, unless you are a completionist, I'm not sure it's worth the effort. I finished it recently and, while there are some interesting tidbits, I found it to be underwhelming, so I have little interest in watching another season. It felt like wasted potential to me, but different strokes for different folks, after all. One thing I can say about it, though, is that I am not sure it can be called a "fake isekai," per se; however, elaborating further would be a major spoiler, so I will leave it at that...

FTR: I read your signature thingy - I just couldn't have given less of a fuck. It is a little cute, though, and it reminds me of a class I had when I was attending college, in which a number of students labeled their table "the cool table" and drew up a seating chart that labeled their designated spots. Ah, middle school antics never get old, do they?
Jan 1, 2021 7:28 AM
Mar 2018
I have watched a couple of Isekais. I don't really like them that much. I don't even know if I enjoy them, but I still watch them.

Out of every Isekai I've watched, I can't finish Rising of the Shield Hero, which is probably one of the best Isekais out there. I also remember dropping Arifureta, even though I have read most of the manga and some of the LNs.
Jan 1, 2021 7:42 AM

Feb 2016
moi1608 said:
blazer628 said:
The one isekai that was so bad which I dropped was How not to summon a demon lord. Man that was such a dumb and boring show with an overpowered MC in another game world with dumb fanservice.

Overpowered MC? Check.
Dumb fanservice? Check.
Cliché and trash story? Check.

Yep, you literally just described Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken.

I can definitely understand why people may not like it, but least 'Slime' is knows what it is and the MC is not a fucking sex offender. Seriously, ol' Douche Lord literally tried raping his guild leader when he was drunk, and the amount of detail he puts into describing the breasts of underage girls as he is molesting them in their sleep is more than a little off-putting. I enjoyed the fight scenes and the animation wasn't bad, but seeing a pathetic pedo-loser's predatory behavior just cheerfully-dismissed by everyone around him while he sexually-assaults teenagers is just fucking gross.

I personally found 'Slime' enjoyable because the action was fun and the self-aware nods were humorous enough, but I completely understand why people may not like it, given the cliches and whatnot. Also, not only am I a fan of isekai in general, but I can also watch all-day marathons of the absolutely shittiest movies ever made, so my tolerance of disposable fare is probably much higher than most. *shrugs*

Oh, and include 'The Familiar of Zero.' Just fucking garbage...
Jan 1, 2021 9:03 AM

Jul 2015
Isekai anime is usually low standard, so noone ever has ever high expectation towards it, but Endride was just terrible. Especially two main characters.

Jan 1, 2021 11:28 AM

Nov 2008
Zefyris said:
Girls bravo.
Try to find worse than that ~

LMAO I forgot about that shitty show....xD I guess it actually IS an isekai though....yes, I approve this for "worst one".

Jan 1, 2021 11:34 AM

Apr 2020
Unpopular opinion: SAO got so bad in the second arc I had to drop it.
Jan 1, 2021 11:35 AM

Aug 2015
The question is much harder if you change it to "Which Isekai you watched that was actually good" because there are less than 5, I´m sure of that.

But the Milfsekai is terrible in every sense of the word.
Jan 1, 2021 11:58 AM

Nov 2008
Pakumen- said:
The question is much harder if you change it to "Which Isekai you watched that was actually good" because there are less than 5, I´m sure of that.

I'm sure you're wrong. xD but let's see..........

(even if you bitch at me for NGNL, that's still a lot.)

Jan 1, 2021 12:05 PM

Aug 2015
Chiibi said:

First two, I haven´t seen them.

Inuyasha is extremely mediocre, specially if you see it post nostalgia. Chihiro is good but I´m not a ghibli fan honestly, and from Maou-sama to Katarina, all of them are again, mediocre, nothing really outstanding. I mean you can call them "good" because a 7/10 may be good, but nothing to brag about or to use to defend isekai as a genre.

Jan 1, 2021 12:08 PM

Nov 2008
Pakumen- said:

Inuyasha is extremely mediocre, specially if you see it post nostalgia.

No way; Inuyasha is a classic. It holds up very well to this day.

and from Maou-sama to Katarina, all of them are again, mediocre

There's nothing "mediocre" about them.

Jan 1, 2021 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
I dropped Konosuba half way through the first episode. I know it supposedly gets better in the second season but god it was just painfully unfunny.

Also dropped No Game No Life half way through the first episode, although I was tempted to drop it immediately after the panty shot of that 12 year old shown not even a minute in.

Isekais are just a shit genre lol
Jan 1, 2021 2:59 PM

Apr 2013
Pakumen- said:
Chiibi said:

First two, I haven´t seen them.

Inuyasha is extremely mediocre, specially if you see it post nostalgia. Chihiro is good but I´m not a ghibli fan honestly, and from Maou-sama to Katarina, all of them are again, mediocre, nothing really outstanding. I mean you can call them "good" because a 7/10 may be good, but nothing to brag about or to use to defend isekai as a genre.

If you think that stuff like Honzuki are mediocre, the problem is with you, not with these anime anymore though.
Jan 1, 2021 11:05 PM

Sep 2016
Chiibi said:
Pakumen- said:

Don't worry, he has just plebeian taste in anime.
bruh
Jan 2, 2021 2:15 AM

Feb 2016
Chiibi said:
Pakumen- said:

If one were to apply Occam's Razor to this situation, the conclusion requiring the fewest contingencies would most likely be that he is a fucking idiot who trolls by talking out of his ass. One need not pay any mind to the worthless opinions of the intellectually-challenged...

BTW, here are a few more for your list:
Saga of Tanya the Evil
Drifters
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! (A personal favorite because cuteness)

Good times...
Jan 2, 2021 2:24 AM

Sep 2013
ReZero, I can't stand that thing at all.
Jan 2, 2021 2:29 AM
Apr 2015
JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World is the only isekai that didn't make me want to kill myself.
The entire genre is dogshit.
Jan 3, 2021 1:47 PM
Mar 2019
In another world with my smartphone or whatever the title was.
Jan 3, 2021 1:58 PM

Apr 2009
If you seriously read modern Isekai I imagine your standards are low literally anything goes.

Jan 3, 2021 2:42 PM

Aug 2018
Basically every single isekai that releases every season expect the few good ones that we all know
Jan 3, 2021 2:50 PM

Nov 2020
Air-117 said:
The worst one I've seen was That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. I can't believe it's getting a second season.

What? Bro fr? Man it's so good, I can't believe it's the worst isekai you have seen. Oh well I'm exited as hell for season 2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2021 3:15 PM

Feb 2014
Well, none of the series in my dropped list is an isekai, so the answer is not I guess, tho I wanted to drop Ni no Kuni around 20 minutes before it's actual ending.
Aug 1, 2022 8:37 PM

Aug 2015
Soerix said:
Basically every single isekai that releases every season expect the few good ones that we all know

+1 ignore the mediocre trash with insufferably stupid protagonists. my brainrot is already bad enough.
I am the Bone of my Sword. Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood.
Aug 1, 2022 8:45 PM

Sep 2019
Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life: Dai-2 no Shokugyou wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita (Currently airing.).
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2.
These are the only two that come to mind. (Isekai isn't really my cup of tea.)
Aug 1, 2022 9:14 PM
Sep 2017
BakedpotatoChips said:
Nillwas said:
Yeah bud, I'm not a fan of that one either.

But the worst one would be with the Pink haired Tsundere, a Light Novel adaption that JC Staff worked on.

Tried the show around one or twice a year and can't come over how annoying the cast is and how extremly boring the story is.

It's trash in my view, one of the worst Isekai I have tried or seen so far.

It's so bad I can't even remember the name of it.

Lmao, Zero no Tsukaima?(idk im just guessing) Not sure but wow what you described sounds like a great show... how does garbage like this even get produced...
Zero no Tsukaima is one of the best classic Isekai anime ever. Just because you on hate on a fictional Character troph like Tsundare doenst mean its bad lol. Tsundare are peak fiction characters. Only smart people that can distance themselves from reality can enjoy them. We dont compare them to real woman.

Aug 1, 2022 9:26 PM
May 2022
Mushoku Tensei.

I heavily dislike it's perverted and pedophile protagonist.
Aug 9, 2022 1:40 PM
Dec 2021
Whenever someone mentions “Konosuba is the best comedy” or something like that, we flip the nearest table and scream internally for the following 10 minutes.
Aug 9, 2022 1:57 PM
Feb 2018
For me it was prodigies have it easy in another world. I not sure why maybe it felt rushed. Also master of rangrok & blessed of einhjanr again not sure why
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

24 by bucciest »»
41 seconds ago

Poll: » hate watching

deg - Apr 14

46 by bucciest »»
1 minute ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 43 minutes ago

10 by FanofAction »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Run with the Wind?

MillerEvans23 - Apr 17

27 by bucciest »»
4 minutes ago

» Have you ever felt so satisfied after finishing certain anime that you don't even want its sequel?

Rinrinka - Apr 12

39 by bucciest »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.