Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2020 7:31 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Here we are: the final episode.

Rin is speechless...? Seems like a bad case of throat issues (and trying too hard) that put RDeco in an unfavourable situation. So the baton is thrown to Mafuyu and Fubuki of Tokonatsu to finish things up and claim victory. And preparing them against stage fright is the one last thing of help, and Rin DID deliver as a friend.

For once, JK Cool's performance was VERY impressive (though the comedy was as flat). BANBANBAN was the only time that I really LMAO, but too bad they had to be hosts. Freak! did a good job too (though I'd want more of them instead). Tokonatsu did decently with the same flat comedy, but at least they tried.

Tying loose ends? NAH.

Overall, Like Lucky Star, not a show I'd recommend if you find the comedy un-laughable. But then again, it's not like anyone is watching this show.
KANLen09Dec 27, 2020 7:56 AM
Dec 27, 2020 7:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So the problem was because Rin she lost her voice, if only it was like that since the beginning (xD)
At least it ended well for them, but to be honest they don't deserve it, they're absolutely not funny.
I hope they won't make a sequel to this, at least it's sometimes entertaining but it's more cringe than funny... :/
Dec 27, 2020 10:01 AM

Sep 2019
I didn't find its comedy funny, therefore I didn't like it. The only reason I'm rating it higher than it deserves (higher than 2) is the op and the ed, I loved them.

3/10
Dec 27, 2020 1:22 PM

Feb 2020
Huh, so it was her voice. Guess it's to be expected when you're using your vocals to its limits every single day.

Nice comedy skits this time around, but I wish they gave Freak! more screen time. Tokonatsu's skits seem to have improved compared to the beginning, which is nice to see. With that melodrama as well, I guess they have improved their relationships even further and strengthened their trust.

Overall, another okay series. Comedy not funny, but I do appreciate the character moments and their emotion throughout the series. Interesting topic of choice as well and dove into it pretty okay.

Not expecting any sequel to this like Lucky Star, and I can't really say whether the original creator will make another series. Though if they do, it's likely going to be similar to their previous 2 series.
Dec 27, 2020 3:26 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So thats it! The end of their step up to the next level of a comedy industry. The opening act, they got the first job, right in their faces after what they had been done so far. A bit sad with what happened to RDeco before, and Tokonatsu didn't even finished their second rounds. But, it is what it was. The slice of life elements were really on point, while the comedy acts, to be honestly, no much get a punch. The different culture surely became a sole reason, behind those bland feeling toward their certain comedy acts. However, some little line like that 'Carbon Monoxide' on the background, that actually success hitting the right punch. For that reason, i am really grateful seeing this kind of show.

Maesetsu! proved themself to be quite a decent show, and let them acted like their wishes. Its not that very good, but a t least its really decent. The design of the characters were just too adorable to be deny, and their ost just make me happy. For those two last aspects, i dare myself to put this one at my 7/10. While more important aspect, like the SoL-CGDCT elements actually become my solid reason to put this one, high enough. Even if some elements, kinda missed their better potential, its really can be forgiveable, at least for my own taste.

Thats it all for me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 27, 2020 5:46 PM

Dec 2015
I really don't understand this type of Japanese comedy but the slice of life element was fun.
Dec 27, 2020 6:30 PM

Sep 2012
it was fun ride, the slice of life element were nice, enjoyed them, i probably skip almost all the manzai act because i don't find them funny, hell, i found quite a bit of funny moments outside their act and that's the only reason i stay till the end.
at least they get their first start, finally.
Dec 27, 2020 11:12 PM

Feb 2019
This was even more boring than By The Grace of the Gods, and that's really saying something.

It seemed like more of a vehicle to cameo Manzai groups with no VA experience.

I wonder if Japanese audiences even found this to be funny, because they actually cut from the acts so that hardly any jokes were told anyway
Dec 27, 2020 11:57 PM

Oct 2017
Aww too bad RDeco couldn't even perform, that sucked. Thou Tonkatsu did perform and they did well but couldn't get past round 2, better luck next time ig. Also nice they got the Maesetsu in NON STYLE's show, thats great.

Decent anime I guess, I wish I understood all the gags and even the ones I did get they were pretty meh. Thou its fun to watch cute girls doing cute stuff so hey I'm not that dissapointed.
Dec 28, 2020 2:34 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Well my prediction for how things would wrap up ( https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1883289#msg61506366 ) was right, aside from the subtitles from Ep11 stating that only TWO teams per location would be advancing to round two were apparently wrong 😅 In any event, the girls all got some great experience, have a bright outlook on the future, and now truly are the Maesetsu 😁
And maybe Freak! actually DID win, who knows? 😆
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Dec 28, 2020 10:52 PM
Apr 2012
Maybe it's the pandemic talking, but personally I didn't mind the skits were rarely funny. Just seeing them travel and gain new experiences in order to become at least decent was pretty comfy to watch. I also genuinely dig the casual convos in-between.
Dec 30, 2020 3:11 AM

May 2009
This is unfunniest comedy anime I ever watched.
Jan 3, 2021 11:53 PM

Mar 2009
Yeesh. Only 11 posts for the final episode? No one watched this show, huh?

Manzai comedy, sadly, never works for me. However, it was nice to follow these group of girls in their pursuit of their dream. They were quite passionate and earnest when it came to their comedy routines, and I could very much empathize with them, despite the comedy never working for me. Also, it was nice that they got some recognition from those two pros at the end. Good for them!
Jan 10, 2021 1:07 AM
Jul 2008
I've watched some anime with manzai and still don't understand what's funny about it..

They talk so fast. I was having hard time to imagine the scene they're talking about before they talk about new scene.

I think the anime will be funnier if things like when Nayuta drove the car to gutter appear more often.
Feb 18, 2021 11:05 AM

Jul 2015
Bad luck that Rin couldn't compete but good thing that at the end they could become an opening act for some famous comedians. Really hoped Mafuyu would do the platform-door impression as final joke. Despite japanese stand-up not really being my taste, I quite enjoyed seeing the moe characters improve their skills.

Dec 16, 2022 5:39 AM

Dec 2020
A serious discussion of dropping out just cause their friends are. That's so stupid.

Right so this is a classic cute girls doing cute things. They got cute girls but what they are doing, comedy, was not funny. Even the "pros" that showed up weren't funny. Not sure if it's a culture difference, or that's just how it is or it was just written this way. Personally none of it was funny to me.

It's not bad it's just this topic of comedy was not for me.
Feb 25, 5:21 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
I'm surprised that Maesetsu got a dub and I wonder who thought it was worth one. The anime is entirely about Japanese standup comedy so absolutely none of the jokes work outsidrnof Japan. But they remained faithful to the script, so I'm proud of them for that. But it probably shouldn't gotten a dub because the jokes weren't going to work. But at least the girls are fucking cute as hell.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maesetsu! Episode 6 Discussion

Ashhk - Nov 15, 2020

10 by Muow »»
Dec 15, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Maesetsu! Episode 4 Discussion

Ashhk - Nov 1, 2020

11 by Muow »»
Dec 14, 2022 10:54 PM

Poll: » Maesetsu! Episode 1 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Oct 7, 2020

34 by Muow »»
Dec 13, 2022 8:05 AM

» Why Does This Have A Low Rating?

Roderick24_ - Nov 26, 2022

2 by KayKimii »»
Nov 27, 2022 2:09 AM

Poll: » Maesetsu! Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 13, 2020

11 by 9112001 »»
Sep 20, 2022 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.