Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 18, 2020 2:23 PM

Feb 2017
This cour had a rocky journey when it comes to production quality. At times it really did dampen my enjoyment. Coupled with some pacing problems I had, the show did feel awkward at times. Won't take much points for that though, especially because of covid and stuff, plus I still enjoyed the season a fuckton overall. The season still made me feel like rarely any other anime can.

So hype for Nekoma vs Karasuno! Hopefully they it gets the treatment it deserves!
Dec 18, 2020 3:06 PM

Mar 2016
Probably the worst season overall, imho. The soul and heart of the franchise is just not there anymore sans the parts with Tanaka’s background, Nishinoya, and also Hinata’s first receive.

The production value really disappointed overall. They basically forget what truly made Haikyuu so good in the first place.
Dec 18, 2020 3:24 PM

Oct 2014
"Haikyuu To the Top" more like Haikyuu Over the Top tbh

Some of the reactions were hilarious this season, especially yachi looking like her family had just been murdered in front of her when the twins did the quick with Osamu setting. Not to mention the minute long screams after every point Karasuno got >.<

I liked the season over all but no where near as much as the ones before. Hopefully there will be better production for the match with Nekoma which should be great.

6/10
Dec 18, 2020 3:26 PM
Aug 2020
I thought I was already crying but then the S1 OP started playing and man, that song just has such a sentimental place in my heart that I started absolutely bawling like a baby. This episode made my heart feel so full, like getting to see old friends again with them all just being their dumb, perfect selves. Every single time they annoyed each other, every single time they got sentimental, every single time they smiled, it just felt like my heart was about to burst.
Really, I can't think of a more perfect way to end the season andman, with the stakes that come with this battle at the garbage dumb, I think I'm gonna be on the edge of my seat in tears for every episode of S5. It really can't come sonner.
Thank you, Haikyuu!!
Dec 18, 2020 3:27 PM

Mar 2018
Fantastic season overall even though I think it was not as good as S2 and S3. Probably because of the production not being as consistent and the movements not being as fluid as the former seasons. Storywise it was probably the best season so I might consider reading the chapters this season covered. Still incredible, my issues with the production only lower it to a 9.5 from a 10.
Dec 18, 2020 3:29 PM

Feb 2017
pretty decent overall but i wasn't really feeling this half of the season. felt like it dragged on forever

placeholder text
Dec 18, 2020 3:38 PM
May 2019
8/10
Hoping for a new season as soon as possible!!!
Dec 18, 2020 3:40 PM

Aug 2015
OMG THEY PLAYED OPENING 1 - IMAGINATION!!!!!

Battle of the Garbage Dump, can't wait!

So meta with "The flu and norovirus are going around" haha xD
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Dec 18, 2020 3:41 PM
Apr 2018
This ep felt like a final episode, wow. I'm glad there is still more content coming in the future: this season was a step up from the first cour/first to the top; it was more exciting imo and with better shots but it also felt that at times the match was dragging for too long. The drawings look very rough at times. I happened to rewatch season 3 and it was very noticeable how lacking some of scenes were now.

Whatever, I enjoyed it a ton so it's a 8/10 lol
Dec 18, 2020 3:45 PM
Dec 2017
You know Karasuno will probably beat Nekoma when they've already started building character for the next team.
Dec 18, 2020 3:47 PM

Jul 2012
Best episode of a quite underwhelming season.... it pains me to say stuff like this about HQ but To The Top pt 2 wasn't even close to the quality of the previous seasons, the feeling just wasn't there for over half of this season. Obvious animation probles aside, the directing felt really off compared to the older seasons (the change of staff feels pretty noticeable here). Even part 1 was more consistent despite not being as hype inducing and the art changes...

Anyway, good touch of using the 1st OP at the end, I really can't skip that one.

Unfortunately can't rate this as high as any of the previous and genuinely hope the next season picks up the pace and quality or I'll just jump to the manga at once since I'm already close enough to reading this arc.
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Dec 18, 2020 3:56 PM

May 2015
Definitely my least favorite season so far, but still pretty good. This is gonna sound petty as all hell but I really wish they'd bring back the serves and get rid of the damn birds
Dec 18, 2020 3:58 PM
Mar 2018
Sourire said:
TheHachimann12 said:

Lol dude not everybody watches anime for beautiful Graphics... This season was hype and many people loved it. If you wanna watch good animation go watch Disney movies I guess...
You have 2 posts on this forum little one, dont bother replying to me. Especially if your comment is devoid of logic and shows your lack of reading comprehension.

I don’t usually take part in forum discussions not worth my time. And do you want a trophy for the no. of discussions you had here(little one?) lol what a childish person. What I said has nothing to do with reading comprehension just saying not everyone watches anime for the perfect art style & animation. It doesn’t have to perfect but yeah there was a drop of quality at the beginning of this part. I guess you’re the keyboard warrior on this forum my bad dude lol
Dec 18, 2020 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
. . . so Haikyuu: To The Top ends :( I wish they would give us some teaser for the Battle of the Garbage dump, but let's hope for a season 5!

Great episode/finale! I really want Tsumu's statement to be true "I will set for you Shoyo." That would be truly amazing. And everyone talking trash about Nekoma got me a little chuckle, little do they know that they have a 100% win rate against Karasuno in practice matches. Loved how Saeko and Akane crossed paths as well.
Dec 18, 2020 4:19 PM

Jun 2020
Overall a okay season, as great as the last two episodes were I just don't think I can rate this any higher than a 6 or 7. Hopefully next season will be better. Guess I'll read the manga for the time being
Dec 18, 2020 4:41 PM

Nov 2018
I honestly love Kita and all his quotes <3

Ravens vs Cats is gonna be one hell of a match btw , no more spoilers

P.S. Animation is different , but it's actually great. I also miss old animation , but new one is not even remotely as bad as you guys say it is.
ZevvenDec 18, 2020 5:00 PM
I hate everyone equally
Dec 18, 2020 4:55 PM

Oct 2009
Mannnnnnnn, day 2 of the championship, one match and it's basically an entire season... Definitely felt long, but overall I can't say I mind. Like a long journey, and that's just the feeling they managed to give off at the end as well.

And while everyone's so hung up on animation quality this and previous seasons that... I just legit don't even know what that's all about. No, I really have no idea. I'm just sitting here being completely drawn in, getting emotional and thoroughly invested and enjoying every moment and taking a thousand screenshots every episode, because the whole ride and the overall experience is just that great. Pretty much every single thought and feeling, every little scene is tangible and relatable on some level, and being able to make those connections is what's really important, in my opinion. It's a very fine mix of the sport itself and all the characters (and it's a LOT of characters by now) that they keep building on, and it works extremely well. And this episode in particular, I'm really glad we got it as a sort of "extra", just the post-match winding down and shenanigans, giving everyone a little screentime, adding just enough bits of fanservice for everyone to enjoy, all in all just the perfect icing on the cake. With the ED and the scene after that the cherry on top, even.

I mean, how crazy it is that six years later we're still here, still watching these boys, because it's consistent and reliable enough that it's worth producing even in the middle of a pandemic?? Like, I don't know about others, but thinking back, I was certainly in a totally different world back then, and with all the things that changed, all the anime, all the stories that came and went (legit, we still had Naruto Shippuuden when Haikyuu started airing!) - Haikyuu hasn't. It's still here, it's still awesome, I'm still in love with it.

With that, I'm definitely looking forward to the next match, the next season, whenever that happens, no need to rush. I'll just pray it does come, eventually.
Dec 18, 2020 5:19 PM

Jan 2011
so this season was the first time i felt lost of hype watching Haikyuu while still enjoying it it had far more downs than i was expecting (mainly due to animation and that one episode) but as it went on and the flashback padding ended and we got back to what was really great about this show it had some of the highest moments in the series so far and it was years of build up for some of the characters growth you can't not helped but get moved and happy seeing them go through this kind of development

very excited for our trash dump fight between old rivals

7/10 for this one few episodes near the end were perfect though
Dec 18, 2020 5:37 PM
Apr 2017
Season was inconsistent but what can I say... Covid... But overall it was a great season. The ending and build up to the Battle of the Garbage Dump was lit.. Overall a solid 9/10,loved it!
Dec 18, 2020 5:46 PM

Jul 2020
Lol I was crying of joy with Karasuno’s win then crying as well for Inarazaki’s lost, surely this episode gave me one hell of roller coaster of emotions!!

Thank you Haikyuu for an amazing year <3 so excited for the next match and next season!!! Hope time will fly fast!!
Dec 18, 2020 5:47 PM
Sep 2020
Gonna miss Haikyuu :(
Dec 18, 2020 5:49 PM
Nov 2017
Decent season. Can't give it a better score because the animation was really bad. Only truly enjoyed 2/3 episodes from the 12. It also could had been way fasted paced. The game could had been finish in 7/8 episodes but I understand that they would be with 4 episodes to fill. This is why seasons are not great for this kind of anime. If they know they will do S5 just start the other game ahead and finish it later.
Dec 18, 2020 5:59 PM
May 2020
Man... It ended so quickly. Now waiting for season 5. I hope they release it soon.
Dec 18, 2020 6:00 PM

Jul 2020
Man I cherish Kenma and Hinata's relationship so much!!!! Sometimes I care about the characters more than the actual sport that's why I love this show.

I'm not gonna forget how much I snoozed in the first half though

6/10 for me.
Dec 18, 2020 6:09 PM

Jun 2014
for some reason the end credits looked kinda like Hinata and Kenma's wedding album reel...

Also, god-tier Nishinoya pose:

Dec 18, 2020 6:09 PM

May 2019
So, this cour had my favourite match from the manga animated, and I have to say it was done pretty well, especially considering how astronomically long the match was (it was about 49-53 chapters, so it was literally drawn for an entire year). Next season will be a banger, too.

8/10

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Dec 18, 2020 6:10 PM

May 2019
nocivo said:
Decent season. Can't give it a better score because the animation was really bad. Only truly enjoyed 2/3 episodes from the 12. It also could had been way fasted paced. The game could had been finish in 7/8 episodes but I understand that they would be with 4 episodes to fill. This is why seasons are not great for this kind of anime. If they know they will do S5 just start the other game ahead and finish it later.

Believe it or not though they left out a lot of this match, so I think 7/8 episodes would've made it too rushed. Just the Karasuno/Inarizaki match took 49 chapters, and that isn't even counting the chapters focused on Nekoma that were in between.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Dec 18, 2020 6:47 PM
Sep 2020
Hmm, I really liked this episode. Bokuto and Akaashi make an appearance that was more than light commentary, so super happy about that. Plus, I’m always happy to see Kenma.

This episode was packed with cute moments, Kiyoko laughing, everyone reacting to themselves on TV, Karasuno celebrating. I enjoyed this episode. I didn’t think I was ready for it, but it was softer than I thought, honestly.

Let’s not forget the tension between Nekoma and Karasuno. I read the manga, but still so nervous, as Nekoma and Karasuno are my favorite teams, but excited nonetheless. Not sure if I will still be into Haikyuu in a year, though.

This season was great, so many amazing moments (Hinata’s recieve, Kenma’s backstory, Noya’s backstory, Miya twins backstory, Kita backstory, and so so much more. The animation really sucked at times (you remember the one episode), but some of the really great moments were perfectly delivered in my opinion, (Hinata’s recieve, the final rally ending in Kita’s eyes). Overall, 8/10. I miss the old art style, but this one really isn’t too bad.

In conclusion, I’m happy and nervous.
Dec 18, 2020 6:49 PM
Sep 2020
This season was great, so many amazing moments (Hinata’s recieve, Kenma’s backstory, Noya’s backstory, Miya twins backstory, Kita backstory, and so so much more. The animation really sucked at times (you remember the one episode), but some of the really great moments were perfectly delivered in my opinion, (Hinata’s recieve, the final rally ending in Kita’s eyes). Overall, 8/10. I miss the old art style, but this one really isn’t too bad. However, Nekoma and Karasuno are my favorite teams, I don’t think I’m for S5, lol.

In conclusion, I’m happy and nervous.
Dec 18, 2020 6:49 PM
Mar 2015
And so ends the 2nd Bring on Nekoma
Dec 18, 2020 6:50 PM
Sep 2020
Good season, great writing, sucky animation. So nervous for next season, as Nekoma and Karasuno are my favorite teams.

8/10, for me.
Dec 18, 2020 6:59 PM

Mar 2012
Whew, Imagination playing at the end was a nice touch. Felt season closed on a strong note, so glad for that.

As for the whole season, beginning was pretty yikes. As many have said already, the match was incredible in the manga. It felt so much less engaging at times in the anime though and the inconsistent art quality made it even worse. It took until the last half of the season for it to feel like it captured the essence of the first 3 seasons that kept me on the edge of my chair continuously. Hoping this is just something where covid happened to play a bigger role than anticipated. Would be a shame to see the Nekoma match suffer the same whenever that gets animated.

Must say though, Yuki Hayashi did continue with his incredible OSTs; I'm pretty hyped for whenever that officially drops!
Dec 18, 2020 7:01 PM

Jan 2020
I can't wait for season 5. I'm really happy they played imagination as the ending for this episode.

Dec 18, 2020 7:10 PM

Jul 2017
funnily enough I actually enjoyed this post match ep rather than some of the actual match eps lol, still nice to see these last few eps of this season were pure classic Haikyuu

Overall, this match wasn't toooo bad, definitely top 5 but didn't match up to Aoba pt.2 or the purple dudes. While I did enjoy that Inarizaki had the spotlight most of the time (and I really did like the Miya twins), I felt like Karasuno got downplayed quite a lot save for that Tanaka ep and the final few eps

wait this isn't Ahiru no Sora/10
Dec 18, 2020 7:25 PM

Jul 2016
You got me good there... uh, series? Thought those were Kiyoko's knees but they ended up being Hinata's butt-cheeks xD

Fantastic finale for this overall inconsistent season. Seeing everyone "dealing" with the aftermath of the match was really nice and I particularly loved that talk between Daichi, Suga and Asahi about the highlights against Inarizaki. It gave a certain feeling of nostalgia, honestly. Considering it's the last big tournament for the third years and stuff.

Now as for this season as a whole, it was the weakest one of all Haikyuu!! if I'm honest. Leaving the obvious flaws in art and animation aside, the pacing and the way in how it was handled left a lot to be desired and particularly, the decision of placing Nekoma's match right in the middle of Karasuno's ended up ruining the increasing excitement we were having after Ryu's fantastic episode.
Regarding the match itself, not really a fan of the idea of it taking so many episodes for its completion. Leaving Ryu's episode aside, it only became truly exciting on its final stretch and even there, there were still some moments I found incredibly tedious to follow. Though being honest, said moments were only the ones that had Inarizaki's players as protagonists. Sorry but I never developed enough sympathy for them to truly care about their motivations or backstories.

This said, the season still had some really spectacular moments as well as a few well directed episodes so it's not like it was a total disaster or anything similar.

7/10 - Absolutely looking forward to Karasuno vs. Nekoma now. Let's hope that fifth season announcement comes soon.

TheHachimann12 said:
Can anyone tell me why was Hinata’s lil sis there & why she was pissed when someone said nekoma is no match for Karasuno... does she know Lev’s sis?

UrMuntedHead said:
Whos the little girl that we see at the end of the match? i know shes probably someone from nekoma little sister but still.

Mod edit: Added spoiler tags.
KuuroDec 19, 2020 6:45 AM
Dec 18, 2020 7:28 PM

Jan 2018
All the emotions in this episode. I can't....
Next is finally the official match between Karasuno and Nekoma.
Dec 18, 2020 7:49 PM
Jul 2020
Aside from a few eye watering moments, the final episode was aight
Really hope they make a movie adaptation for the fated battle of Nekoma v. Karasuno and the remaining matches
Dec 18, 2020 8:12 PM

Dec 2019
Love Haikyuu, the last episode was amazing, really liked Hinata's character development and I did enjoy many episodes but this season was pretty wack compared to the other ones, the beginning was pretty boring too. Still enjoyable nonetheless. Waiting for season 5!
Dec 18, 2020 8:55 PM

Jul 2020
To be honest, I enjoyed reading the Inarizaki vs Karasuno match more than watching the anime adaptation. Weakest season of Haikyuu for me. It had its moments but I just didn't enjoyed it compared to the past seasons.

6/10

I accept random friend requests!
Dec 18, 2020 9:08 PM

Mar 2017
Damn this was such a fine season finale
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 18, 2020 9:36 PM
Jul 2020
Damn that was a great match
I cant wait for Karasuno vs Nekoma
Dec 18, 2020 10:33 PM

Aug 2020
This was the first season of Haikyuu I got to watch where the episodes released weekly as I'm a later member of the fandom. This season was absolutely amazing. I also started to catch up to the manga so it was really amazing to see it become animated each week. I hope to read more manga in general to experience something like this again.

Back to the anime itself, this episode was so good. Karasuno winning had me in tears but so did Inarizarki losing. I loved seeing a little bit of Nekoma and Kenma's teeny bit of excitement for the game at the end there.

I'm not sure if we're getting another season but even if not I still love this series with my whole heart. :)

Dec 18, 2020 10:35 PM

May 2020
I always like the episode after the end of every match.
A good season. 8/10 for me.

I AM WAITING FOR THIS MATCH !!!
Dec 18, 2020 10:46 PM
Apr 2015
“After I started this façade of teaching stranger for a while I tried to get players to do the same thing as me, or the things I tried to do but couldn’t. But one day, I started wondering how they felt about that. In the end, they’re not me nor my pawns. I finally realized the obvious and my teachings weren’t a façade anymore.”
~ Ikkei Ukai

As an amateur gymnastics coach and former gymnast, seeing raw talent in gymnast urged me to try and help nurture that talent to create a great gymnast. This quote helped me realize it is not my job to teach them skills I wanted to or couldn’t perform, but instead to provide them with the resources necessary to be happy and to succeed in and out of the gym. I always try to place concern with how a gymnast feels before they attempt a new skill, but sometimes I can get way ahead of myself in the process, occasionally leading to accidents if the gymnast is unprepared. As Coach Ukai states effortlessly, “In the end, they’re not me nor my pawns.” It took it as an obvious prompt to put aside my ego for the sake of their experience in gymnastics. I don’t want to make this experience solely one I will celebrate, but one they can look back on and cherish for the rest of their lives.
Dec 18, 2020 10:51 PM

May 2015
I cried when I hear the old opening came at the end (┳Д┳)
Especially they put the scene where Hinata first met Kenma on the credits, I'm in tears (ಥ﹏ಥ)
Dec 18, 2020 11:26 PM
Apr 2019
It’s the last Episode of the Season that brought some or even most of us in tears. I love Haikyuu for eternal and I’m already looking forward to the next Season and hope to feel the same way as I did in the whole Series in each Season. The feeling watching Haikyuu always makes my day and I will never stop watching Haikyuu. Even if it’s ending, I will always repeat the whole series. But now let’s come to the Message for this Episode:

There were many sad but also funny moments!
1. The block almost damaged my brain. First so perfect but it turned out it was a fail. This was very unexpected for me.
2. The loss made me cry. I love Inarizaki very much. I love the members, their atmosphere and how they play. It did break my heart when they couldn’t win.
3. The win made me take out my heart. When Karasuno won it just teared me up. Another hard game which they one. Many people think it will get bored ever time and now, but for me it always gets more exciting.
4. The smile was warming me. I love when Kita smiles. He did smile in other episodes too but this one was a special one.
5. The TV had made me laugh. The boys going through the Game and seeing themselves how they play is just funny. It just made me laugh.
6. The Season 1 OP used as the Ending for this Season also made my heart warm up. If I’m honest I like the Opening “Fly High” more, but this Opening was 100% also a good choice.

There were of course more moments that took my heart, but let’s not fill this Message too much.
Hope you have a great day
Dec 18, 2020 11:37 PM
Apr 2020
Finally, Karasuno defeats the favorite team contender and enters on to the top 16. Y'all earn really it.

10/10 for this season. There's ups and downs regarding to the animation but I don't care, as long as I'm enjoying it, it's nothing to me.

If there's gonna be an announcement regarding to the 5th season (freaking hopefully), count me in. But for now, it's time to say goodbye. We will definitely miss you, Haikyuu :')
Dec 19, 2020 12:27 AM
Oct 2018
All set for the battle of garbage dump. Season 5 please come soon..
Dec 19, 2020 12:55 AM

Apr 2020
A good final episode to end the season. Can't wait for Nekoma vs Karasuno match.
Dec 19, 2020 1:23 AM
Mar 2018
What a season. That "episode's" animation really shook me and got me worried if this season would flop, but the season picked itself up in the end. Very satisfied with the outcome.

Really hope the next season will be announced soon!

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

214 by vit_ »»
Feb 24, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

159 by vit_ »»
Feb 24, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2020

94 by vit_ »»
Feb 21, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

160 by vit_ »»
Feb 18, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

103 by SHS13 »»
Feb 15, 7:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.