Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Seirei Gensouki' Gets TV Anime

New
Nov 26, 2020 10:59 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Hobby Japan opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Yuri Kitayama's Seirei Gensouki (Spirit Chronicles) light novel on Friday, revealing the production staff, cast, a teaser visual (pictured right), and teaser promo.

Synopsis
Amakawa Haruto is a young man who died before reuniting with his childhood friend who disappeared five years ago. Rio is a boy living in the slums who wants revenge for his mother who was murdered in front of him when he was five years old.

Earth and another world. Two people with completely different backgrounds and values. For some reason, the memories and personality of Haruto who should've died is resurrected in Rio's body. As the two are confused over their memories and personalities fusing together, Rio decides to live in this new world.

Along with Haruto's memories, Rio awakens an unknown "special power," and it seems that if he uses it well, he can live a better life. But before that, Rio encounters a kidnapping that turns out to be of a princess of the Bertram Kingdom that he lives in.

After saving the princess, Rio is given a scholarship at the Royal Academy, a school for the rich and powerful. Being a poor orphan in a school of nobles turns out to be an extremely detestable place to be. (Source: MU)

Staff
Director, Series Composition: Osamu Yamasaki (Hakuouki, Actors: Songs Connection)
Script: Osamu Yamasaki, Mitsutaka Hirota (Amaama to Inazuma), Megumu Sasano (Animegataris), Yoshiko Nakamura (Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai)
Character Design: Kyouko Yufu (Gleipnir prop design, Kanojo, Okarishimasu animation director)
Art Director: Takehiko Segawa (Shachou, Battle no Jikan Desu!)
Color Design: Tomoko Kohioki (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal)
Director of Photography: Norimasa Teramoto (Time Travel Shoujo: Mari Waka to 8-nin no Kagakusha-tachi)
Editing: Keisuke Yanagi (Taisou Zamurai)
Music: Yasuyuki Yamazaki (Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale ending theme arrangement)
Music Production: Nippon Columbia, TMS Music
Sound Director: Hiroto Morishita (Val x Love)
Sound Effects: Shouta Yaso (Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!?) (Swara Pro)
Sound Production: Kanon Sound
Production Cooperation: WAO World
Studio: TMS Entertainment

Cast
Rio (Haruto Amakawa): Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Juuou Mujin no Fafnir)
Rio (Young): Ayaka Suwa (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk)
Celia Claire: Akane Fujita (Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records)
Aishia: Yuuki Kuwahara (Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou)
Latifa: Tomori Kusunoki (Assassins Pride)
Miharu Ayase: Sayaka Harada (Urara Meirochou)
Christina Beltrum: Sayumi Suzushiro (High Score Girl)
Flora Beltrum: Kaede Hondo (Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars)
Roanna Fontaine: Sayaka Kaneko (Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu!)
Alfred Emerle: Kenji Hamada (Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru)
Charles Arbor: Atsushi Tamaru (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei)
Reiss Vulfe: Kouji Yusa (ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka)
Liselotte Cretia: Nao Touyama (Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri)
Sara: Hiyori Nitta (Ochikobore Fruit Tart)
Orphia: Yukina Shutou (Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV))
Alma: Asuka Nishi (Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou!)

Kitayama launched the adventure fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in February 2014 and also began publishing side stories on Hobby Japan's Novel Up+ website last December. The publisher began printing the novel with illustrations by Riv the following October. The 18th volume will ship on December 1. Seirei Gensouki has a cumulative 1.2 million copies of its volumes in print.

A manga adaptation by tenkla began on the Comic Fire website in October 2016, but discontinued in February 2017 due to the artist's poor health. Futago Minazuki launched a new manga adaptation on the same website in July 2017. Hobby Japan published the fifth volume on April 27.

J-Novel Club licensed both the light novel and manga in English for digital release in July and November 2018, respectively. The fourth manga volume went on sale on April 29, with the 12th light novel volume released on November 18.

Teaser PV

Official site: http://seireigensouki.com/
Official Twitter: @seireigensouki

Source: animate Times

Seirei Gensouki on MAL
VindstotNov 26, 2020 11:10 PM

Nov 26, 2020 11:11 PM
Jul 2018
> As the two are confused over their memories and personalities fusing together

Isekai + Memory Fuse?

I'm sold. I've never watched or read something like this before. A man died on earth getting fused with another man in another world.
Nov 26, 2020 11:16 PM

Mar 2012
To a surprise of nobody.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 26, 2020 11:52 PM

Oct 2010
basically a magic high school with a character that looks like he's 30 kilos but he's probably op
Nov 26, 2020 11:52 PM

Feb 2016
As expected this announcement came before 2021

The VAs are same as the drama cd

The volumes this will adapt aren't as good as the later ones but at least I hope that they don't butcher it or make it worse
Nov 27, 2020 12:16 AM

Jul 2017
I read the novel and it's good, but I don't wanna expect too much for adaptation anime.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Nov 27, 2020 12:53 AM
Jun 2020
Not gonna lie, I think I'm gonna like this one.
Nov 27, 2020 1:44 AM

Aug 2013
Only ready the first two volumes. Came as a surprise to me tbh.

Nov 27, 2020 2:08 AM

Aug 2016
Not gonna lie, pretty surprised when this get adapted after waking up in the morning. I really like the LN so I sincerely hope they won't mess up the anime adaptation. Not expecting too much like an exceptional adaptation, but at least I wish it to be good enough compared to the LN version.

The hype is real. Please don't destroy my expectations... (I can't help it since it was one of my favorite series lol)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2020 2:43 AM

Sep 2020
Picking up this one and starting to read the manga. Hoping my brain like this one.
Nov 27, 2020 3:55 AM

Nov 2013
I always had a spot for light novel garbage.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Nov 27, 2020 6:55 AM
Oct 2020
Kirito rules the light novel and king of the harem
Nov 27, 2020 7:55 AM

Apr 2020
finally isekai romance
i hope it's not disappointing

Nov 27, 2020 10:15 AM

Dec 2019
Another isekai harem romance. Skip.
Here we go again...
Nov 27, 2020 12:36 PM

Jul 2019
Is this another generic isekai? I hope not...
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Nov 27, 2020 12:39 PM

Mar 2010
This one kind of of sounds interesting.
Nov 27, 2020 1:23 PM

Sep 2017
I didn't expect this to get adapted also. It's quite a surprise. I've been reading this together with Realist Hero for about 2 years already. I also didn't expect "I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level" But it still got adapted. Same with Elaina. Same with SAO Progressive also. It's like all the fantasy light novels I've been following are getting adapted one after another. What's next? They're gonna adapt Berserk of Gluttony and An Archdemon's Dilemma also? And Cooking with Wild Game? Skeleton Knight? I really hope so. This is giving me a lot of hopes.
~ May all the beauty be blessed ~
Nov 27, 2020 1:34 PM

Sep 2017
Catalano said:
basically a magic high school with a character that looks like he's 30 kilos but he's probably op

"Being a poor orphan in a school of nobles turns out to be an extremely detestable place to be." They're not lying. You'll really wish the high school part would be over ASAP. Not because the story is bad, but because nobles are assholes.
~ May all the beauty be blessed ~
Nov 27, 2020 6:59 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
I remember hearing about the novel for this when it first came out, definitely interested to check this one out!^^>
Nov 28, 2020 9:05 AM

Oct 2020
Reading the title and seeing the first pic, i actually feel like i knew this one...

Seeing the LN illustration, it is now confirmed that i do know this one.. lol XD
I think I've read a few chapters of this novel a few years ago... Let's see how it goes, i guess XD
A certain person lurking here
Nov 30, 2020 2:31 PM
Jul 2020
I'm damn sure jnovel's english versions have a big hand in it's getting an anime.
Dec 8, 2020 10:40 AM

Jul 2016
Its your everyday generic harem LN. The visual looks bad. The premised is isekai, it means hit or miss.

More topics from this board

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

18 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by Badonkers »»
12 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

29 by RealNath »»
Yesterday, 9:11 AM

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - May 5

0 by Aiimee »»
May 5, 10:47 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - May 5

0 by DatRandomDude »»
May 5, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.