Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 16, 2020 6:03 AM

Jun 2020
Normally I enjoy dark and bloody episodes, because i believe it makes anime more realistic
But I hate episodes that try too be dark ,And I can't get rid of the thought that the episode was try too hard to be dark.
And Tamaki......I am tired of Tamaki doing nothing but Fanservice. I don't expect Tamaki to be overly strong or win every fight. but the same things happens in every fight and it start bothers me now.

Nov 16, 2020 9:36 AM
Nov 2020
Kionashi said:
I cannot believe how people can think this episode was good....yeah the animation was ok, but oh god...everything else was shit. Seriously, am I the only one who thinks Tamaki is an offensively awful character? is useless, her fanservice quirk is stupid and presents her just as a sexual object to arouse the audience, and the author also treats her horribly like.... all of her battles end up with her being beaten badly and waiting for a man to save her... and for some strange reason she always seconds the popularity charts in the shonen jump....like...what is wrong with this people? they just want a girl that shows skin in the stupidest ways possible and gets beated like the spouse of an alcoholic? and that is somehow supposed to be sexy since her clothers gets removed like it was made of sugar in all of her fights because yeah...seeing a woman being beated to pulp = hot stuff amirite?. And this is the guy who made Soul Eater? a pretty solid anime with a strong/interesting female protagonist...like...really?

and yeah... the whole death flag part was pretty lame...honestly am I too old to find that kind of stuff funny anymore? I mean I didn't think it was offensive, I don't really care if you wanna do dark humor, but if you gonna do it....at least try to be funny?....I don't know man, do people really though those old tired clichés were hilarious? maybe Im just too old Idk man. Im not even a female, but If I were I would be even more grossed out by Tamaki as a character and the fact she is so popular.

rant over....

You do not seem to pay any attention at all also you seem rather femenist here is a question that if you answer this correct you are gonna get the answer you seek.

Would you a nobody who probably know nothing about martial arts be able to beat someone who is amongst the most powerful fighters in the world.

Answering this is the 1rst step of finally realizing why tamaki cannot beat these guys you mentioned because simply everyone from rekka to assault and this lady in this episode all these enemies had something in common.
THEY WERE OUT OF HER LEAGUE!!!!!!! Do you understand what this means?

They were much stronger if the author did what you wanted then it would have been realistically stupid and equivalent to some trash weak ass lady beating someone 20 times stronger than her.

You have zero common sense lad.

She is untrained she has little to no experience and she is a nun what do you exactly expect? to be able to beat characters like charon?
How the hell would that be realistic? At least she is weak and loses and she is consistent as a character.
Nov 16, 2020 10:55 PM

Oct 2008
IMMENSELY UNBELIVABLE!!! Juggernaut overwhelming awesomeness! That was shit dope ending execution!!!
5/5!!!

Nov 18, 2020 9:57 AM
May 2020
This episode stripped the watchers of their comfort zone of being protected in that naive dream fantasy world and delved them into the actual true reality Fireforce post Catalysm.
The shift in tone and reality from a dreamlike and childlike world into a no hold bars world absolutely swooped audience of their feet, whether they'd like it or not. Before this, there were very dark themes and buildup for the past few episodes, but this episode absolutely intensified the grisly and immoral nature of fireforce to the max and gave us the most gruesome and despicable deaths yet.? "Cold" is the perfect way to sum up this episode, the characters were killed off like fireflies without remorse and with such a unique indifference; destroying any semblance of hope in the future development and potential of a few characters. The ambition and direction of D. Prod was entirely put on display, as they weren't afraid to kill such promising characters despite utilising them for further roles in the next episodes. Such as Hajiki who was presented to be one of the coolest and freshest bad asses in the anime to be killed in such a unemotional manner should be the direction that D. Prod continue to further pinpoint the true gruesome and despicable reality anime Fireforce. This is a similar dramatic effect and form that D. Prod used for Jojo which utilises the same technique of unfearful indifference to kill great characters despite their potential and role to the anime. If this were to be the cold direction that Fireforce proceeds, we might be in another emotional nightmare that might reach the heights of Re:Zero and I'm entirely up and looking forward to that.
Nov 18, 2020 12:35 PM
Apr 2020
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
Ceb_1 said:

:/ i may ggive it a go then

Don't listen to his nonsense, there's nothing really childish about this season, don't even know what this guy is talking about, also the animation has been amazing the whole season and the direction is far better than season 1 that was a bit messy, watch it.
ill go for it! or ill try at least
Nov 18, 2020 1:51 PM
Mar 2015
Hooray for Juggernaut weapon of destruction
Nov 19, 2020 5:07 AM

Nov 2016
I was fanboying over Hajiki and then he was gone..

Rip him and the fodder fighters.

But props to Jugger, he fucked that bitch up. Don't wake up a sleeping giant.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 19, 2020 5:29 AM

Feb 2018
This episode was crazy holy s... They mocked the death flag idea like that and made a plot twist with killing the gun guy without giving any flag. This episode was very realistic in so many ways. I still can't believe they showed me a very likeable character and chopped his head off in a moment. Plus, I think with that Juggernaut they made a very interesting character. He is weak minded and afraid of fire so he has multiple layers. Those layers represents his mindset aswell, because he is putting a wall with real world with them. But he wanted to take them of for the girl she loves, I think that was a metaphor too.
Nov 19, 2020 8:16 AM

Dec 2016
I was this 👌🏽 close to think “Juggernaut is so useless” I'm glad he proved me wrong. But did he sacrifice himself to defeat that white clad?

Hajiki was so cool but unfortunately he just lasted for like a few minutes...

I don't know why but I laughed when those soldiers were dying one by one after reminiscing their life XD

In that one scene I thought this became a hentai...
Nov 19, 2020 2:38 PM

Mar 2016
Fire Force always shakes me up. The immediate death of 3 new characters and Hajiki just being one shot to death after his bizarre display of gun dancing...... it's too much😭 I genuinely have no problem who Shinra ends up with as Juggernaut and Assault have the hots for Tamaki. I felt really bad for Tamaki, but damn...... she's genuinely tough! As for Juggernaut, you finally shined like a tank🔥
Nov 20, 2020 8:10 AM

Aug 2018
Surprise decapitation! Didn't see that coming did ya?
I hope they don't pull a ''he forgot he died''
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Nov 20, 2020 10:17 AM

Jul 2013
I love how someone said the Nether is creepy like a zombie movie. And then...everyone dies and became the walking dead. lol. Ritsu's power is one of my favorite's.

Hajiki was so cool :( why introduce a character with an interesting ability to kill him in a minute wow

Tamaki tried...Urgh but like another user said, I'm tired of seeing her just being a Tortured Girl and Lewded Girl ~_~

Ep21 Preview; YES THE RETURN OF GIOVANNI!
Nov 20, 2020 5:59 PM

Nov 2016
Definetly the best episode so far.... yet it was still kinda trashy, the unnecesary comedy all over the place, this cat bitch getting naked again 2 times and literally doing nothing again. A great character introduced and killed in 3 minutes, the Second is full of trash and useless people how the fuck they can't win even against normal infernals smh. The only good thing was the las moment, everything else was trash.
Nov 21, 2020 4:07 AM
Nov 2020
Taifood said:
It's wild how the writer of Soul Eater is the same person that wrote this. How he went from displaying women competent to a character like Tamaki is absolutely insane to me.

The comparison of maka's in soul eater with tamaki is the most stupid thing i ever heard.

I have done already explained this many times yet people still say this crap and i am so mentally tired writing this over and over again so this is the last time i write this you dumbshits.

Start comprehending what the plots establishes and stop asking stuff out of plot.

In soul eater maka's who is the lady you refer to she is trained to kill because that is her job while tamaki in fire force is a nun her job is to pray and she is not some kind of close combat fighter.

Do you understand what i am talking about or this is too difficult to get it?

Nuns in fire force are not supposed to be fighters their job is to pray for the infernal souls to be put into rest nothing more nothing else.
Tamaki while not doing much stuff and most of times she has been a burden sure. She is the only fire ability nun we have seen so far because the rest have not shown to have fire powers .

She had moments where she wasn't totally useless that unfortunately because those are not into your liking, you consider that they do not exist just because you refuse to accept their existence because they are minor things of not importance to you.

You do understand that she defend juggernaut while he was down and couldn't do anything right?

How that was not important? He would have been 100% certain dead if she wasn't there to defend his unconscious ass if those infernals had him.

Seriously what you feminist dudes wants from tamaki to start doing in order to consider that she does something? To start shoot nuclear bomb attacks from her ass and kill everyone with one attack?

InsignNov 21, 2020 5:28 AM
Nov 21, 2020 12:54 PM

Mar 2013
Hmm, that Orochi sure looks like a certain witch I've seen before. Well, maybe it's just a coincidence. I mean, it's not like she has a weapon that references the witch's name or anything, right??
Nov 22, 2020 1:08 AM

Sep 2018
What a dark episode, a wild one, like it a lot.

A unexpected one, I think because we don't expect something this crude in Fire Force
I keep moving forward
Nov 22, 2020 8:02 AM

Feb 2016
Nov 22, 2020 8:03 AM

Feb 2016
RiceKnight59 said:
I died when Shinra gave Company 2 a manual on how to deal with Arthur. It's like he's telling them, Arthur's an idiot but he's Company 8's idiot.

When I get back from this mission, I'm going to wear these brand spanking new sneakers LOL

Juggernaut was best boy this episode.

Care and feeding manual looooool
Nov 22, 2020 3:12 PM
Feb 2020
Finalmente um episódio interessante, porem o mesmo problema de sempre, esse fan-service totalmente desnecessário tira toda a tenção do episódio e a Tamaki é muito inútil cara, não serve pra nada. Outra coisa, o clímax do episodio foi bom mais o Juggernaut morreu pra um personagem random que foi aparecer na metade deste episodio, enfim, merecia uma morte mais digna.
Nov 23, 2020 11:12 AM

Sep 2020
OMG!!! This one was amazing and it felt really really short. Kinda ironic how the 2nd Leader was killed that easily despite his seeing ability.

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Nov 25, 2020 5:42 PM

Apr 2013
Damn all these Fire Force Squads got their Ass kicked pretty hard already, the weak perish, only the strong and lucky ones survive.... Go Viktor and Tamaki <3
Hajiki was starting strong but damn that decapitation came unexpected, and then the White Clad bitch tortures Tamaki... In the End she got what she deserved for it by getting Annihilated by the "Weapon of Destruction: Juggernaut" That Smile when he got embraced by the Explosion's flames though, Glorious Bastard

Didn't expect this show to get this dark with explicit death scenes like the decapitation or a Fire Soldier getting his chest ripped open. An extrem turn of events, interesting
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Nov 26, 2020 7:01 PM

Dec 2016
Stop. Making little fashbacks of the fire soldier's last memories with the loved ones before they die is not cool. That's so depressing! X(

This was a lot darker but aside from that, Juggernaut was amazing this episode. He proved he's a lot stronger than he looks :) Now it was his time to shine :D

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 9, 2020 4:05 PM

Jul 2013
I refuse to believe my boy Juggernaut died, no way. Lots of deaths this episode goddamn. See? This is why they can't be friends with these cultists, fuck who cares that Charon wants to defend the pillars, all these white clad should die even Shinra's brother tbh
Dec 13, 2020 4:35 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Dude, they went all out this one episode, death after death, I thought they would stop at the background characters but. Wow.

I ship Tamaki and Juggernaut. I hope it's not the end for him, definitely one of the best, most fun characters in the show, please bring him to the 8th.
Dec 17, 2020 11:33 PM

May 2015
Gore in a goofy anime like this one took me by surprise
Dec 20, 2020 11:36 AM

Jan 2015
If Shinra really helped her I would put this show a 1/10.
Dec 21, 2020 7:15 PM

Aug 2015
Juggernaut was amazing for stepping up like that. His fight scenes were stunning but his backstory though, so sad :(

Poor Tamaki being beat up like that.
Dec 23, 2020 9:14 PM

Aug 2019
shit just went 0-100 real fucking quick, we're seeing people drop like flies, then rise from the dead as well as another fucking evangelist death squad. Looks like the hot necromancer maid is gonna be pulling the strings in the Nether rn, she's turned it into a fucking horror house with a mix of walking human charred remainds, and actual fresh from the dead corpses, poor litcht. I guess from not cleaning out the bodies underground, it's really bitten them in the arse with an army of infernos to deal with. Also, she has her own personal death squad as well, that are also stacked? Damn i swear this anime just, hits different sometimes.

Damn, they are not joking with this part, just offed Hajike like that huh, dude seemed chill as fuck D: But a hidden Juggernaut development arc is a plus, didn't like his character to much at first, but i'll hand it to him here, fucking slam dunked that Purple Haze member. Just still confused on how his outfit works, so it's just lots of layers underneath?
Dec 24, 2020 2:27 AM

Apr 2020
Arthur became a leader? I don't know what will happen, lmao

Damn, Hajiki died so easily
Jan 14, 2021 8:54 PM

Dec 2012
That was brutal...

Feb 14, 2021 11:42 AM

Aug 2017
-The first half was terrible, full of plot armor for Victor Licht, Tamaki fanservice and random flashbacks for random people.
-The second half has some interesting twists like Hajiki sudden death and Takeru killing Orochi.

Weird episode if u ask me. Its 50/50 so 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 19, 2021 10:13 PM

Dec 2013
Juggernaut really impressed me in this episode. Even if I still don't really understand how his clothes work...
Feb 24, 2021 4:19 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
This was a much tonally different episode than usual. The flash backs for the rando fire soliders were both hilarious and saddening at the same time. I can appreciate dark humor though.

Hajiki's sudden death really took me for a loop. Didn't see it coming at all, I was actually waiting for him to get back up as if nothing happened. Gotta give the show credit, that was a bold choice.

I'll be honest, I was low key hoping Shinra would come out of nowhere and save the day. At least Tamaki still remembers his promise.

Kudos to Juggernaut as well, he really stepped up and saved the day. Good development for him. My only issue is his apparent ability to grow his body back. Now I know it's his "layers of clothes" that are popping back out, but I always thought that was more of a comedic thing. Made it hard to take the fight seriously.
Mar 21, 2021 8:26 AM
Oct 2019
trash. we literally had tamaki's unnecessary nudity just 2 episodes ago. now some guy is lifting up her clothes to look at her panties? and she magically becomes naked again? i repeat, trash

at least that guy's head was sliced clean off hahaha. whoa

why do so many characters have peg legs? they don't have feet. they stand and walk on pegs. wtf is that?

how does that guy's suit just replenish itself? makes no sense to me. but did he just sacrifice himself? the sound effects when his final bomb made contact were great
Apr 1, 2021 3:04 AM
Oct 2017
Damn, she didn't last long. Miss her already 😭.
May 1, 2021 9:19 PM

Nov 2010
Damn, things suddenly got serious. I can't believe Hajiki would die in an instant. I thought he'd be one of the best of company 2. Looks like Juggernaut is dead too at least he was able to take down Orochi.

Tamaki is still so weak for some reason. At least she's good at fan service. lol
Jul 9, 2021 3:05 AM
May 2020
nah i change my mind, juggernaut just like me fr fr
Nov 8, 2021 10:15 PM

Mar 2020
MAN HAJIKI HAS ALOT OF POTENTIAL!!!!

now he's dead
Subscribe to my Youtube : Rosvl Studio

I post Skits, Fingerstyle about Anime, F1 and many more :)

Link In My Profile!!
Feb 11, 2022 8:33 PM

Mar 2016
Daaaaaaaaaaamn, starting off as usual, but then once the KKK members, uh um sorry, I meant, the White Clad Purple Haze member, once they arrive on the scene, death follows.

This is by far the darkest and most gruesome episode in the Fire Force series and it's perfect, in a world where the infernals runs amok and a cult sect is trying to destroy the world, it should come with no surprise that Fire Force members die as a result.

Though they really put that much more emphasis on this ep by showing those glimpses of flashback along with a more direct and gory death. Hajiki's decapitation came out of nowhere and Tamaki almost died fighting this Orochi Whip-chick. However, the big man himself, Takeru AKA Juggernaut stepped up to the role and absolutely pulverized her sexy arrogant ass out of this reality. Nuked her right on the cheeks, point-blank range, just as he deserves. As expected, her closeup execution was well executed, the impact on the bass and the sound effect, alongside the slow-motion animation, it really made Takeru shine in the spotlight, absolutely satisfying.

Ritsu is an incredible asset to the otherwise understaffed White Clad, her necromancy power is simply broken, she's extremely powerful in situations in which her enemies intend to delve into the White Clad's lair.
Jun 4, 2022 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
Fantastic animation this episode. That fire whip shit was so cool
Jun 6, 2022 8:02 AM

May 2020
That's how you slay those bitches down, not a big fan of Juggernaut but he indeed got the deal done in the end. Also that other dude dying all of a sudden didn't make any emotional impact if I've to say honestly.
Aug 19, 2022 6:45 AM

Apr 2013
It really is a bit annoying how useless Tamaki is apart from praying. I feel like the story really does her dirty.
Sep 6, 2022 2:36 AM
Jul 2020
OMG SO MANY PEOPLE DIED :(((
Jan 8, 2023 9:04 AM

Nov 2020
Idk how but every character got a sad backstory
Jul 1, 2023 6:32 AM
Jun 2023
what's happen? TF
Jul 5, 2023 12:52 AM
Apr 2023
Holy shit Juggernaut is a chad and a walking w
Nov 10, 2023 4:13 AM

Jul 2023
I thought Juggernaut was lame before this episode, but damn this fight completely redeemed him in my eyes. He completely obliterated his enemy like that, and the animation for the fight was really good as well. Was nice hearing Shizuka Ito too even if it was for a one-episode villain.
Also F for Hajiki and the guys of Company 2 who died for raising all those huge death flags.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

138 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 4, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

84 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 15, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

92 by Scootboi »»
Mar 7, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

161 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

76 by muimaniac »»
Jan 13, 10:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.