Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 14, 2020 11:55 PM
Jul 2019
Haha, I didn't sign up for this wholesomeness. I'm assuming the "travelling witch" of the wall part of the episode is Elaina but not really Elaina, it would be Nike, to be more specific, her mom. It makes sense since Elaina can't remember it because she's never been there and her mom's connection with Elaina's teacher further supports that. Anyway, the personality isn't far off from Elaina's so might as well say that it's her.

It was a light-hearted episode, giving me plenty of laughs. Saya revealing her carnal desires and Elaina being pissed off while stomping those grapes were cute. It's getting wholesome recently, I want a more serious tone but something like this is welcomed as well.
Nov 14, 2020 11:56 PM

Jan 2018
Feet fetish... thats all i can say
Nov 15, 2020 2:30 AM

Mar 2014
It looks like the anime get back to its slice of life atmosphere. It has more comedic moments than in previous episodes. Also, this little lesbian is starting to get on my nerves...
And one more thing because I'm kind of confused. At the beginning of the episode it was Elaina's mother, isn't it? Because she looks exactly like Elaina.
Nov 15, 2020 2:49 AM
Oct 2020
I see that they in This and That Villages are men of culture as well. 🥂
Nov 15, 2020 1:08 PM

Sep 2020
dannymilk said:
so the theme here is uniting opposing groups.
Saya unintentionally united a country by destroying a landmark without her knowing while Elaina united two villages by causing a simp war lol

Haha, well said. And we got drunk Elaina. Definitely a sight you don't get to see every day. Funny episode overall, and just like previous stories, these were very enjoyable as well.
Nov 15, 2020 4:40 PM

Jun 2017
The changing of genres on the go is really extreme. lol

The first story didn't hit much for me but it was nice seeing Saya being Saya. The wine one was at least funny, Elaina's drunken grape projectile spell was hilarious as hell. Getting drunk for the first time is often memorable for the most part.
Nov 15, 2020 7:33 PM

Jan 2020
I wonder why this season has far too many all girl/ all boy anime. I have nothing against a female protagonist and love great female characters (something missing from many shounen) so this has nothing to do with that, but I just don’t understand why there has to be a surplus of all girl or all boy anime this season. What happened to having a balanced cast of characters? There are far too many anime I’ve been turned away from because of this. I wanted to know your guys’ opinion as to why this appeals to you rather than if there were a more even split of male and female characters.
Nov 15, 2020 8:01 PM

May 2020
kidlat020 said:
trump is correct. but where's my wall?

bruh ikr!! I completely get his reasons for the wall! It's so when we take it down, lonely ppl will immediately fall in love whoever is on the other side of the wall. Thus, I have 'proven' Trump is correct also

Neku-tan said:
It looks like the anime get back to its slice of life atmosphere. It has more comedic moments than in previous episodes. Also, this little lesbian is starting to get on my nerves...
And one more thing because I'm kind of confused. At the beginning of the episode it was Elaina's mother, isn't it? Because she looks exactly like Elaina.

Honestly I think the GL is the best part of the anime so far so I disagree there :P I think it is Elaina's mother, but they did it in a way that's confusing af

Animillion said:
I wonder why this season has far too many all girl/ all boy anime. I have nothing against a female protagonist and love great female characters (something missing from many shounen) so this has nothing to do with that, but I just don’t understand why there has to be a surplus of all girl or all boy anime this season. What happened to having a balanced cast of characters? There are far too many anime I’ve been turned away from because of this. I wanted to know your guys’ opinion as to why this appeals to you rather than if there were a more even split of male and female characters.

For me, I kind of stopped caring about the ratios of genders, and my friend recommended it and we were like "the first two episodes were great!!" and then we both thought it went downhill from there; if you want a more diverse cast, I recommend Akudama Drive which I personally think is the 3rd best anime of the season (that I HAVE watched); I think Kamisama ni Natta Hi has a more gender-balanced cast as well and will get to that soon-ish...
Space_BoyfriendNov 15, 2020 8:07 PM

signature by
nightshadekait
Nov 15, 2020 8:14 PM

Jan 2020
Neku-tan said:

I think I dislike GL/BL more than a single gender cast, but it seems this anime has both. It kinda sucks that there’s more anime like this than good romcoms this season. Oh well, hopefully next season will be better.
Nov 15, 2020 8:16 PM

Jan 2020
IshigamiCrisis said:
kidlat020 said:

bruh ikr!! I completely get his reasons for the wall! It's so when we take it down, lonely ppl will immediately fall in love whoever is on the other side of the wall. Thus, I have 'proven' Trump is correct also

Neku-tan said:

Honestly I think the GL is the best part of the anime so far so I disagree there :P I think it is Elaina's mother, but they did it in a way that's confusing af

Animillion said:

For me, I kind of stopped caring about the ratios of genders, and my friend recommended it and we were like "the first two episodes were great!!" and then we both thought it went downhill from there; if you want a more diverse cast, I recommend Akudama Drive which I personally think is the 3rd best anime of the season (that I HAVE watched); I think Kamisama ni Natta Hi has a more gender-balanced cast as well and will get to that soon-ish...

I’m enjoying Kamisama ni Natta Hi so far, but I guess I should give Akudama Drive a shot as well. Btw, what are your 2 best anime above Akudama Drive.
Nov 15, 2020 9:44 PM
Sep 2020
Drunk Elaina was cool, but I miss the darker vibe from the 3-4 episodes…
Nov 15, 2020 10:37 PM

May 2020
Animillion said:
IshigamiCrisis said:

I’m enjoying Kamisama ni Natta Hi so far, but I guess I should give Akudama Drive a shot as well. Btw, what are your 2 best anime above Akudama Drive.

Personally, I am loving Jujutsu Kaisen rn and Yuukoku no Moriarty; my reasons are because it feels thrilling and at times provided comedic relief in a either funny or stupid but fitting way of the anime. I'm not going to preach either of them are flawless but I think they are miles better than everything other than Akudama Drive. I will check out Kamisama ni Natta Hi though!! Good to hear someone enjoys it

signature by
nightshadekait
Nov 15, 2020 10:47 PM

Apr 2015
IshigamiCrisis said:
kidlat020 said:

bruh ikr!! I completely get his reasons for the wall! It's so when we take it down, lonely ppl will immediately fall in love whoever is on the other side of the wall. Thus, I have 'proven' Trump is correct

well we first have to dispel the bitterness and saltiness first before we can finally tell ourselves we no longer need the wall. but until then we need that wall.

also refugees are not welcome.

Mod edit: Removed baiting.
KuuroNov 20, 2020 12:59 AM
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Nov 16, 2020 6:23 AM

Apr 2020
Great episode, it was implied that Nike was Elaina's mom throughout the anime. The flashback with the old man and with Nike creating a suggestion was definitely the point that set the theory in stone. It was really nice seeing Elaina drunk too
Nov 16, 2020 7:33 AM

Jul 2020
Nice, so Nikeh is a relative of Elaina. Well, not sure yet.

Saya is kinda annoying for me.
MIND YOUR MIND
kekw
Nov 16, 2020 9:19 AM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
RobinTheKing said:
well the second half of the episode was very nice for the fetishists lol. Am I the only one who wants a brutal, dark episode again like episode 3?

Me too man
I messed those episodes :&
Nov 16, 2020 9:55 AM

Jan 2020
There's a high chance that Nike is, in fact, Elaina's mother. According to the heads of that country, Nike (I'm assuming she's the witch who advised them to let the travellers write on the wall) and Elaina look really identical. And Elaina's mother does look like an adult version of Elaina.

It seems like Saya is totally obsessed with Elaina. I don't blame her, though. Elaina was her first genuine friend after all. I'm looking forward to seeing more of their interactions in the future.

That last story was kinda weird to be honest. Not that it wasn't enjoyable at all, but I never imagined that something like that could actually be fetishized.

By the way, I love how the whims of two witches turned out to be really useful to everyone in the end.
Nov 16, 2020 12:44 PM

Mar 2014
I've just watched the preview of the next episode and it looks really interesting.
Link to the video -> https://youtu.be/ekUB4Vb-k6A (there is a translation in the comment section).
Nov 16, 2020 7:18 PM

Jul 2016
Never thought Saya would be the one to actually solve a dispute between two factions. Well, she did it indirectly and it all started off due to her undying thirst for Elaina but it still counts. Also, guess now it's pretty much confirmed that Elaina's mother is Nikeh, uh?

Second half was... weird but I'm pretty sure feet fetishists had quite the blast with it.
Nov 17, 2020 8:29 AM

Aug 2018
That was funny seeing Elaina drunk.
Nov 17, 2020 1:50 PM

May 2013
I’m beginning to think that this show is story how Elaine become to be that pragmatic and little indifferent person whom we see in episode 3 & 4. She probably learned that in the hard way.
Nov 18, 2020 7:48 AM

Jul 2020
Nice Germany reference there. Except here nobody tried to escape the poor side...

Another really nice episode. Glad the dark tone went away really quick. That stories were really fulfilling, and Elaina is becoming a really great character. Season waifu? Maybe top 3.

Also I think it´s clear Nikeh is her mother. Too much coincidence...
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Nov 18, 2020 9:03 AM

Sep 2015
Lmao, the scene when their souls are crushed when they realised the grape is actually stomped by man is equivalent to simps realising their favorite vtubers are voiced by some creepy old dude.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Nov 19, 2020 8:33 AM

Jun 2019
I'm pretty sure that Nikeh is Elaina's mumma. But that was a cute episode overall.
Nov 20, 2020 8:41 AM
Oct 2018
So Elaina is doing ("almost the same route as your mother"). Sometimes I get confused who is on the scene if it is the mother or daughter, very interesting, the difference is in the hair that are "different" or also in behavior, very intriguing and very good. Enjoying these changes of time. About Yuri's novel, I'm glad Elaina doesn't have any interest in women =)
Nov 20, 2020 9:41 AM
Jul 2019
Ryuseishun said:
I enjoyed this episode quite a lot, but I'll agree with @animejas to a good extent: it was the weakest episode so far compared to the standards of everything else from this series up-to-date. Still notably better than every other anime episode from this season not labelled Jujutsu Kaisen or Golden Kamuy.

As silly, creepy, and fluffy this was, I found it noteworthy to bring up the moral of this story: Extreme fetishes, obsessions, and ideals/beliefs can really negatively affect other people and communities if not taken care of.

Sheila being voiced by Youko Hikasa was quite nice, indeed, and she came off as a more entertaining character than I remembered from the chapter in which this story was adapted from. Short-haired Elaina, btw, is now the new trend (for now)....never thought I needed that so much.

This was definitely more of a sojourn episode, considering what we're getting in the last five episodes, and I think @UncleJojo will surely love that lul.
you posted on the episode 7 forum not for episode 8, my guy
Nov 20, 2020 9:44 AM

Mar 2016
UncleJojo said:
Ryuseishun said:
I enjoyed this episode quite a lot, but I'll agree with @animejas to a good extent: it was the weakest episode so far compared to the standards of everything else from this series up-to-date. Still notably better than every other anime episode from this season not labelled Jujutsu Kaisen or Golden Kamuy.

As silly, creepy, and fluffy this was, I found it noteworthy to bring up the moral of this story: Extreme fetishes, obsessions, and ideals/beliefs can really negatively affect other people and communities if not taken care of.

Sheila being voiced by Youko Hikasa was quite nice, indeed, and she came off as a more entertaining character than I remembered from the chapter in which this story was adapted from. Short-haired Elaina, btw, is now the new trend (for now)....never thought I needed that so much.

This was definitely more of a sojourn episode, considering what we're getting in the last five episodes, and I think @UncleJojo will surely love that lul.
you posted on the episode 7 forum not for episode 8, my guy

Wow thanks for telling me. Yea my PC has really been messing with me for the past couple of days.
Nov 20, 2020 8:45 PM

Oct 2008
first time i've seen Elaina got worked-up and pissed-off because of being treated as a kid! bwahaha!

Nov 21, 2020 9:06 PM

Jan 2013
So it was her mom who had the idea to write on the walls, and Saya basically destroyed it even more xD And all those hints, it was 100% her mom xD And the whole 2nd part was also pretty nice, both stories with a great ending. It seems that her mom left a great mark on the world, while Elaina...idk man.

Don't get me wrong, it was a great episode but that dammned 3rd episode, it still bugs me up, why didn't she help her back then? After that episode, she started helping everyone, like wtf

And finally, it happened, Elaina got drunk and that was indeed a good moment haha
Btw 10/10 would buy a bottle of wine if it had that design xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 22, 2020 1:46 AM

Apr 2020
From the beginning of second part "mukashi mukaishi kara", did it start after a long period of time? So how old is Elaina now?😂

In addition, I specially reviewed Episode 1 to compare Elaina's voice and oppai with her mother.😁

Nov 23, 2020 11:15 AM

Dec 2016
Animillion said:

I think it is just coincidence because of how many shows there are in this season.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Nov 24, 2020 2:41 PM

Nov 2013
lol i really thought it was Elaina's mother at the grape village, i'm confused :v

they literally have the same hair color, same eye color, and ofc, same outfit... how am i supposed to understand a story about the past, being about Elaina? gosh :c
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 24, 2020 5:52 PM

Jul 2014
The village chief in the latter half of the episode was relatively young when Elaine came to work her magic, but old at the start when he began to tell the story and at the end. This made me pretty convinced that it was Elaine's mother who we were seeing. In order to prove my theory, I went back to check if she had the necklace Saya gave her, and lo and behold, to my surprise (and annoyance), it was there.. Guess everything was a flashforward then.

It's pretty obvious that Elaine's mother wrote her favorite book though, inspired by her own adventures as a young traveling witch. Her student was also Fran (Elaine's teacher), so part of the reason why Fran chose to accept Elaine as her student must have been to show her gratitude towards her mother.

It's smart what they've done, being able to show past events with a character that looks exactly like Elaine (her mother). -(I'm referring to the first half here)
Nov 24, 2020 7:08 PM

Apr 2020
winddevil1 said:
lol i really thought it was Elaina's mother at the grape village, i'm confused :v

they literally have the same hair color, same eye color, and ofc, same outfit... how am i supposed to understand a story about the past, being about Elaina? gosh :c

I carefully compared them and found that Elaine had her hair tied to the left while her mother to the right. Elaine has a bow on her chest while her mother didn't. The important point is that her mother's identity has not been officially announced, so her appearance must be mystery with her hat covering her eyes. Elaina, as the protagonist, would seem strange to be portrayed in the same way, so it's not difficult to recognize them, I think.

Nov 25, 2020 4:28 AM

Nov 2013
GavinHon said:
winddevil1 said:

I carefully compared them and found that Elaine had her hair tied to the left while her mother to the right. Elaine has a bow on her chest while her mother didn't. The important point is that her mother's identity has not been officially announced, so her appearance must be mystery with her hat covering her eyes. Elaina, as the protagonist, would seem strange to be portrayed in the same way, so it's not difficult to recognize them, I think.

what confirmed it for me was her pendant, but i only thought about the pendant when i watched episode 8 and saw her with it again lol
we already saw her mother telling her the story so we know her face, and we saw her at the start so we know she is similar (even if shorter and with smaller chest, according to the villager chief) and then they were again "10 years ago" so i would never think it was a time skip just for that scene lol anyway, thanks for your answer :)
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 25, 2020 7:56 PM

Mar 2018
Is it really too much to ask to make some easily identifiable differences between Nike;Elaina's mother i guess, and Elaina??
Says a lot when 99% of the comments on here are saying Elaina, when it was clearly a flashback to Nike.
Though I guess saying "clearly", is definitely pushing it.
Nov 26, 2020 4:07 AM

Apr 2020
Elaina without wearing her witch outfit looks very cute, it seems Elaina is a person who gets drunk quickly
Nov 27, 2020 1:20 AM

Aug 2017
So Nike is Elaina's Mother!!!??? Damn!!!!

Drunk Mama Elaina was really fun to watch!!

And another happy and peaceful episode!!!

Nov 28, 2020 8:32 AM

May 2015
So good!

This episode has bumped up my rating of this show to a 8/10. It was such a nice wholesome episode. I loved the parralel to Elaina's mother and Elaina on how they told these two stories next to each other.

Honestly these past 3 episodes have all been really good and are sort of saving the re-watchability of this series. (I feel episode 3 and 9 will be the ones that kill the re-watchablilty but if I skip those episodes then the series as a whole is great)

Also LMAO!!!!! Drunk Elaina was hilarious!!!! God that scene made me really like Elaina.

I really hope we keep having banger episodes like this.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 28, 2020 2:38 PM

Mar 2010
A bit slow to get my interest but it was enjoyable.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 29, 2020 12:11 PM
Feb 2019
Second part felt very eastern european-ish. It just felt great to have even in anime something I can relate to.
Nov 30, 2020 1:31 AM
Jul 2020
Confusing timeline, but love it none the less, both segments were pretty good.
Dec 1, 2020 9:39 PM
Nov 2017
Step on me Elaina <3
Drunk Elaina was cute.
Dec 2, 2020 10:26 PM

Dec 2012
HILARIOUS EPISODE LMAO!

Dec 7, 2020 1:34 PM
Jun 2019
They built a wall that seperates them...

She is so angry, you picked the wrong witch to mess with fools!

She is drunk from wine?? What will happen if she frinks alcohol?

What is Elaina's age right now?

Looking forward for more!
Dec 15, 2020 10:24 PM

Aug 2017
It's almost confirmed that Elaina's mother is Nike huh. I was confused in the first story until I saw Eliana in that city and the wall was gone.

The second story was a more humorous version of the first....I got the message I guess.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 23, 2020 1:14 AM

Jun 2020
More on the Comedy side of things this episode.

Saya managed to make me smile in the first half :)The grape throwing scene was really interesting since Elaina got to help both towns form a peace without exactly knowing it, Elaina being drunk was hilarious! Between the recent wholesome episodes I'd prefer the reunion with Fran over this and last episode , this episode didn't feel as good. A bit confusing with the timeline too . The lesson here is False advertising ain't right haha.
Dec 25, 2020 7:36 PM

Jan 2015
I think that Nike might be Elaina's mother.
Jan 1, 2021 6:29 AM

Feb 2018
What? Rosemary married with that guy, damn
Jan 7, 2021 2:04 PM
Jul 2017
This was probably my favorite episode in terms of comedy.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know how long Elaina has been traveling and what age she started

Ninja_inslops - Nov 1, 2021

8 by Ranka-Nyan »»
Apr 19, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

243 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 12, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

129 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 11, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

276 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:38 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

132 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 11:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.