3It was OK
7.0%
2Disliked it
1.7%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.5
115 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2020 4:59 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yup, there's Dai fighting the monsters and saving people when they need it the most.

Very glad to see Maam and she's badass as ever. The episode is alright but Popp needs to control his emotions better. Nice to see Dai kicking some ass again.
Nov 6, 2020 5:27 PM

Sep 2018
Keep this fast pacing Toei! Well Ep 6 = Chap 19 so

About the episode they continued "censoring" "not for kid" scenes. I highly doubt we can see nudity/pantsu/oppai... in future eps lol

I don't mind this, just please don't censor blood in future arcs. Bloody and violent battles are the hightlights of this series
DragonKnight92Nov 6, 2020 5:43 PM
Nov 6, 2020 6:35 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was okay. Pop seems to annoy me a bit. Reminds me too much of Usopp now and then. But hey he just needs some courage, and not be too selfish on his type of woman. Anyways. Maam was good so far. She looks like a mixed fighter between close and range combat.
Nov 6, 2020 6:44 PM
Oct 2016
Dai sets off on his journey to defeat Hadlar and avenge Avan. Along with a still grieving and kinda sleazy Popp. Their first big stop and major advisory after the intro arc is none other than one of the six legion commanders, Beast King Crocodine. Now he's pretty tough as we saw. Has raw strength that surpasses Hadlar with skin like impenetrable steel. Dai was giving it everything he had only managing to get that one good hit in. Crocodine just overpowered him plain and simple. Dai first assessment saying they can't best him head on is exactly right. When someone's stronger than you they can't be beaten by trying to beat them at their one game, you habe to outsmart them. Dai wasn't really in a position to do that here given he's not at that level yet and being left alone to face Crocodine when Popp ran away. Ahh good ole cowardly companions, a tried and true shonen trope especially from this era. Its kinda funny but also kinda meh. I'll be anticipating seeing Popp mature and help Dai more later. For now he's just gonna be the goofy one who runs I suppose, his spells aren't too good at the moment either. But speaking of spells, we get our female lead introduced here with Maam! Her gun shooting the spells is pretty cool. We'll learn more about that later, next episode it looks like with her backstory. We an already see that she's tough as they come and can handle a fight. A disciple of Avan too. A welcome addition to the squad
Nov 6, 2020 7:28 PM

Feb 2019
Another great episode as usual. So we finally meet the other girl from the OP. She’s cute, tsun tsun but I know she’ll make a great part of the team. Demon Lord is very scared of Dai hence his desperation to get him killed before he learns to fully control his powers.

This beast guy won’t be easy to beat, but we know Dai will come out on top. Can’t wait for next week.
Nov 6, 2020 7:42 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice action/fight part with Dai, I wonder what will happen to him after that Maam shot him with that weird guy, it seems like a boost of power, I guess that Crocodine is going to be destroyed by Dai in the next episode
Nov 6, 2020 7:58 PM

Oct 2017
Maam's really strong physically and she can use strong magic too. Just the sort of member they needed since Popp's a wuss atm. Also wow seems like she's also Avan's disciple.
Nov 6, 2020 8:36 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Dai journey together with Popp, ended up at the dark forest, when they acknowledged themself being lost. Lol. But, lucky for them, they were coincidentally meet with the pink haired girl from both OpEd. Oh, so her name was Maam? And she was Avan's disciple too? Great meeting! What a nice reunion between all of them as the ex of Avan's disciple. Should they just told the real thing that happened for before with Avan sensei to her? Well, it might be happen and i believed too that Dai would overcome Crocodine.

But as the whole introduction theme part for Maam, it was nice. She was more likeable, and very useful with her magic weapon than Popp, and she was strong af. Well, no wonder with all the girls on these series. I am pretty much already attached to them! Not gonna mentioned a little knowledge about the six Legion commander beside Crocodine, and their speciality as the underling of the dark king below the command of Hadral. It seemed good to knew them more. But, left aside that, Crocodine still had an issue. So, lets see the next episode to see real deal with Crocodine, and whats their next target after that.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 6, 2020 8:45 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode, next episode we know more about Maam.
Nov 6, 2020 9:25 PM

Jun 2015
Yes! Maam is here ♥ My heart
And Crocodine one of the best characters you'll see here
Nov 6, 2020 9:37 PM
Jul 2019
another great ep
best anime in this season for me
It is good to skip the unnecessary scenes
Nov 6, 2020 9:41 PM

May 2013
Pretty fun episode although Popp is getting kinda frustration to watch.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Nov 6, 2020 11:34 PM

Oct 2008
Now that's a great support ally! not only Maam's weapon can be used as an offensive it can be also used as a support type power!
4/5.

Nov 7, 2020 12:58 AM

Jan 2009
so thats Maam the girl in the OP song thats gonna join them later on and she is a student of Avan too
Nov 7, 2020 2:29 AM

Sep 2019
Dai met Maam who's Avan's another disciple but he doesn't know that yet, he is busy fighting an underling of Hadlar.
Nov 7, 2020 3:08 AM

Sep 2018
I LOVEEEEE people are complaining about Popp being useless, coward in the beginning... then later
Nov 7, 2020 4:15 AM
Sep 2020
Silverstorm92 said:

About the episode they continued "censoring" "not for kid" scenes. I highly doubt we can see nudity/pantsu/oppai... in future eps lol

I don't mind this, just please don't censor blood in future arcs. Bloody and violent battles are the hightlights of this series
ac
Silverstorm92 said:

I actually think they didn’t censor that much at all from the original scene. It still has all the aspects from the corresponding manga panels , and shows the same amount of cleavage.

Anyway, fan service aside, this was a great episode! The animation and fight scenes were stellar. It’s such a shame that way more people aren’t taking about this series.
Nov 7, 2020 6:26 AM

Aug 2013
Maam finally makes her appearance. She's OP af.

It was good seeing Dai fight against Crocodine. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Nov 7, 2020 7:31 AM

Mar 2020
Well Me. Crocodile has appeared with a mission to kill Dai. Popp fled...I already hate him.

Maam has finally been introduced and it would seem that she is also a student of Avan. She's pretty cool and her gadgets seem pretty powerful. She's more useful than Popp that's for sure.

Good episode :)
Nov 7, 2020 7:37 AM
Jul 2014
It felt like they went out of their way to make Maam more likeable than Popp in her introduction. I'll give Popp a little bit more time to perhaps redeem himself but being essentially to proud and selfish to accept Maam's offer for them to stay in the village and abandoning Dai afterwards... not cool Popp not cool

alphazero4um said:
This episode was okay. Pop seems to annoy me a bit. Reminds me too much of Usopp now and then. But hey he just needs some courage, and not be too selfish on his type of woman. Anyways. Maam was good so far. She looks like a mixed fighter between close and range combat.
that's actively insulting to Ussop and I won't stand for it

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenNov 8, 2020 12:59 PM
Nov 7, 2020 7:47 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Dai and Popp leave the island to go on a quest to defeat Hadlar and his Dark Army. They make their way to the Dark Forrest and eventually get lost until they meet a girl named Maam, who has a gun that can fire any type of magic and very nice cleavage. Maam offers to take them back to the village, but Popp refuses and leaves with Dai because he is jealous of her magic ability. Dai and Popp run into Crocodine, who is one of the leaders of the six legions in Hadlar's army. Popp runs away leaving Dai to fight Crocodine by himself. Dai tries to used one of Avan striking techniques and it ends up putting dents in Crocodine's armor, but doesn't do any real damage. Crocodine also has an enchanted weapon that can do massive amounts of wind damage. Popp runs into Maam again and discovers that she is also a student of Avan and the two of them try to go and save Dai who is paralyzed by Crocodine's fire breath. Maam decides to aim her magic gun at Dai to cast a healing spell.
Nov 7, 2020 7:54 AM
Jul 2019
Silverstorm92 said:
I LOVEEEEE people are complaining about ...

even with out enter spoiler i can guss what you mean
can you please stop spoiling
peaple will hate the anime because of you
Nov 7, 2020 8:22 AM

Sep 2018
Hhguf said:
Silverstorm92 said:
I LOVEEEEE people are complaining about ...

Nah I don't spoil anything here, I'm a hype-tool lol. Hate this anime because of me? I don't care if someone drops this masterpiece shounen. They will regret for the rest of life. See my list, I rated the manga same highest score with masterpiece NGE and a lengendary manhwa, and this anime same score with my absolute fav of all time steins;gate. I will hype this anime to climax every week until
DragonKnight92Nov 7, 2020 8:26 AM
Nov 7, 2020 1:25 PM
Feb 2008
The pacing of this remake is quite good but it feels a bit rushed sometimes. I really hope they won’t skip too many scenes/dialogues.
Finally Maam makes her entrances and is already making an impression on Pop. The girl is way stronger than him X3
Looking forward to see Dai VS Crocodine next week!
Nov 7, 2020 2:00 PM

Mar 2019
Maam is badass as hell, and Popp is more of a coward than I thought he'd be...
Overall, some interesting developments, and I really want to see Leona again, she's waifu material...
Nov 7, 2020 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
well, I don't have much to say about this episode.

Nov 7, 2020 5:09 PM

Mar 2010
Ah a good breast grab and poke, what a good episode. Love them small innocent perverted moments.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 7, 2020 7:50 PM
Sep 2019
It's awesome to see Maam back and she looks just as great as was in the original.
Nov 7, 2020 11:02 PM

Aug 2015
I guess we are going to compare Popp and Ussop quite a lot. It´s no use to deny it, but they feel pretty similar.

Personally I don´t mind the fast pacing because these early arcs will probably feel like filler and then we are going to enter the main stuff. I prefer that we get past the introductions and first training arcs fast.

What I truly wonder is how big the fights are going to get in terms of Scale. If the manga follows the games (and for now I´ll say it does) we will end up with attacks and spells tearing islands and stuff. DQ games get pretty ridiculous once your party get to the draconian levels or classes (if we speak of DQ7 for example).
Nov 7, 2020 11:09 PM

Jun 2020
Watched this yesterday, but damn Popp is really in need of some good development, I'm not particularly fond of Usopp-types
This anime shit is addictive
Nov 7, 2020 11:56 PM

Sep 2020
Hmmm... Enjoying all the fanservice in this ep, surprised they don't censor it...

....considering dude's pretty much going commando down there

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Nov 8, 2020 2:59 AM
Jun 2017
The journey of Dai finally begins ! :))
Nov 8, 2020 1:01 PM

May 2009
Thread Cleaned

Removed a lot of off-topic posts.

Please report posts/profiles/etc that are breaking the rules and don't try to address the issue yourself.
Nov 8, 2020 8:51 PM

Aug 2010
Silverstorm92 said:
Hhguf said:

Nah I don't spoil anything here, I'm a hype-tool lol. Hate this anime because of me? I don't care if someone drops this masterpiece shounen. They will regret for the rest of life. See my list, I rated the manga same highest score with masterpiece NGE and a lengendary manhwa, and this anime same score with my absolute fav of all time steins;gate. I will hype this anime to climax every week until

Hyping this anime is fine, but really... You should make a spoiler thread instead of posting all that spoiler in ongoing episode discussion.
Nov 9, 2020 8:37 AM

Sep 2015
LOL! I almost forgot how annoying popp was in the early parts of this story. Can't believe he ended up being my favourite character in the series and one of my favourite "protagonist's best friends" of all time.
[
Nov 9, 2020 3:31 PM
Sep 2016
Yeeessss, Crocodine looks so cool I swear all the villains are so cool in this series, i'm hyped for the fight, pop is smart as expected because unless you're the main protagonist you don't fight a giant crocodile humanoid in the middle of the woods at night, lol, maam is fine
Nov 10, 2020 12:17 PM

Mar 2019
Ah yes Maam, one of my first crushes as a kid, who are they kidding with that cliff hanger though lol, it's obvious what happened there.
Nov 13, 2020 11:00 AM
Nov 2020
I am like you .. I tried so hard to rise the rate but it is useless, i tried one week and it sitll the same about 7.22 to 7.23 .. i don not know why some people are so selfish! We waited this remake for so long time and now all we get is 7.2 only ?! What is this ? Why many new animations have already high rate when it is only 4 or 5 episodes starting like Dai ? Why only dai ? Why only this legendary anime ? .. we need all to give it a high rate .. for the people who doesn’t know anything about the manga .. i will tell you this story is the most epic and beautiful comparing to other new animations .
Nov 13, 2020 11:46 AM
Nov 2020
Silverstorm92 said:

, we hope to see some pop and mam romance moments like the manga and i hope they do not delete thise scenes between them , somthin else , i am just in shocked like you .. why people do not understand that this series is legendary and give it a chance for the story to start . Just they drop it ! Why they spoil it on dai fans like us .. some people are really selfish, how can we expect for the rate to increase if many people see the first or second episode then they drop it .. there is an option like ( plan to watch) they do not use it i do not know why .. they only want to spoil everything on Dai fans .. i am trying to rise the rate but it is useless.. every time the rate become 7.24 .. some people drop it and then again it became 7.22 .. i know you are a big fan of this legendary story like me .. so i want to ask you how can we rise the rate?
Nov 15, 2020 11:10 AM
Dec 2018
Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai (2020)
Episódio 6 – Crocodine, o Rei das Feras
Capitulos do mangá: 15 - 19

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.