Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2020 9:35 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
There we go, the final chapter. After all their adventures, it looks like we got a happy ending on that island as life is at peace now and they even started a family.

Oct 15, 2020 11:28 PM

Jul 2017
Nice to see Sei and Liv get the happy ending that they deserved in this manga, as they marry, have a kid and live happily together and peacefully in the island. Somewhat a feels good ending despite the loss of Kai.

Regarding the manga, I found Kouji Mori's Jisatsuou to be underwhelming and inconsistent sadly. Holyland is a top 30 manga but Kouji Mori's writing falls incredibly flat here in comparison (especially in the creative and narrative front). Hell, he has a better ongoing survival manga in Sousei no Taiga for me than this. Shame really but atleast the ending was solid despite the abrupt nature.
Oct 16, 2020 3:12 AM

Apr 2014
I hope to never again read anything scanlated by the dickhead who did this series. Ok its not a masterpiece, we get it, but constantly leaving notes in the margins about how much you hate it, just... shut the fuck up.
Oct 17, 2020 10:10 PM

Nov 2007
Magmafrost said:
I hope to never again read anything scanlated by the dickhead who did this series. Ok its not a masterpiece, we get it, but constantly leaving notes in the margins about how much you hate it, just... shut the fuck up.

I'm conflicted because yes, I agree with you that their commentary was not needed, but also thankful that we finally got a finished translation lol.

I remember picking this up over 5 years ago and waiting on the translations to catch up, so it's nice to be able to know how everything ends.

Back to your first point (and to a larger point about the manga as a whole), I don't see why people are receiving Suicide Island so negatively. It's true that it has declined over the last arc regarding Kai, but it's been solid overall.

We saw Sei grow into a more assured version of himself, learned how people took up unique jobs and roles like a functioning village would, and we got a resolution to the Sawada situation. I can see why people might get bored of reading this manga because the narrative is very grounded and is occasionally paired with heavy text about tactical survival or tool-making/hunting/fishing etc.

I personally think that it's really cool to be able to learn practical knowledge from a manga, which reminds me of Golden Kamuy, but maybe it's simply not exciting enough when there's a general lack of action and humour. I still think this is his second best work next to Holyland and it's a solid effort even with the subpar final arc.
Hurr durr, I'm a burr.
Oct 18, 2020 1:52 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A decent ending to the story. I thought maybe the last arc was unnecessary, but the author probably wanted to finish things with some pathos. The burial scene serving as a catalyst for all those emotions.
The ideas behind the manga are pretty interesting. Do we have to live the lifestyle we have? Are we better of living this way? I think in Jisatsou they underestimate just how hard and difficult the primitive way of life can be. Any disease could be life threatening, any injury a death sentence. A bad frost or a fire and all your foodstuffs would disappear.

Looking forward to the authors next work
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 3, 2020 11:12 AM

Aug 2016
one of the most underrated manga out there.
:v
Mar 20, 2021 1:05 AM

Jul 2020
Bittersweet ending loved it but one of my fav characters died ;(
May 1, 2021 9:57 AM

Oct 2014
The ending was a bit too happy rainbow-ish to me. I don’t think things would have worked out with Sawada’s people so easily. We saw time and time again what some of the people on their side were capable of. You can’t just take a brush and say “OH they are good people that were forced to kill/rape”. I don’t buy it.

Also Miki. How would she be able to keep on living after Ryou died, considering her particular problem? She has no partner, and her standing in the sisterhood is questionable.

And why did Tomo get put in the corner after the Sawada business?? Tomo goes from BEST FRIEND side character of MC to Tomo WHO of the Sawada faction. And it’s never addressed.

The only thing I liked in the manga were the side characters interactions. Like the Reiko and Nao friendship was adorable. Or that time Sugi opened up Ken while fishing.

The rest of the stuff is mostly discombobulated and a fairytale.
Oct 27, 2022 8:26 AM
Nov 2020
A decent manga that was surprisingly captivating, but the final arc is awful and definitely brings down the score quite a bit. 8/10 during the Sawada arc, but 6/10 overall.
Jan 5, 2023 12:52 PM

Oct 2012
A very disappointing work by Mori.

The plotholes are all over the place... any logic is lacking.

Despite story touching interesting subjects - it's simply too hard to take it seriously when some suicidal kids can make a survival expert jealous with knowledge they shouldn't really have with how their life went... when daily orgies do not lead into a single pregnancy and other annoyances all over the place.

Pretty dull read minus a few semi interesting survival trivia details which are not even always correct.

A very weak 5/10.
Jul 20, 2023 7:06 PM
Nov 2018
it was average, nothing special, no, it actually was infuriating when sei was thinking "killing is bad" for the nth time i could feel my blood start to boil, what an indecesive fucker, they spend a lot of chapters discussing the same problem with the same result: "hey, but killing is bad, says ryuu"
"yeah, killings is a SIN, thinks sei"
"but killing might be neccesary, says sugi"
"lets kill the people tat tried to kill us before, yells ryou"
and that over and over and over again

and the fact that, sei becomes a fucking master archer in the blink of an eye, with everyone sucking his dick for being so awesome, despite being so fucking bland in both personality and appearance, and the sudden interest of liv in him because he needed a romantic interest, sawada being a very very bad man, becuase of course he was the antagonist, he couldnt have any dept to him, and also, the drawing style really wasnt to my liking, all the characters being extremely thin and their deformed faces didnt help either. The premise was interesting and the start promising but from that point on wards everything went downhill, what a fucking waste of time this manga was. i give a 5 out of 10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jisatsutou Chapter 93 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2015

2 by rodmanii »»
Jul 19, 2023 7:20 PM

» Anime adaptation

Avrin_Rose - Apr 30, 2022

2 by Coolkinq »»
Jan 21, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Jisatsutou Chapter 12 Discussion

DarklordVor - Dec 22, 2016

1 by Coolkinq »»
Jan 21, 2023 2:37 PM

Poll: » Jisatsutou Chapter 166 Discussion

Farabeuf - Sep 1, 2020

1 by abystoma2 »»
Jul 17, 2022 3:58 PM

Poll: » Jisatsutou Chapter 103 Discussion

Yatarasu - Mar 2, 2015

1 by abystoma2 »»
Jul 17, 2022 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.