Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 12, 2020 4:35 PM

Oct 2015
white: pink is kinda sus
Oct 12, 2020 5:44 PM
Jul 2015
Why is this lowkey Among Us the anime? I really hope the kid from ep 1 (Nanao) is still alive and somehow finesses the system.
Oct 12, 2020 6:36 PM

Dec 2016
IguessIlikeAnime said:
Remember in ep 1 when Nana felt a gust of wind at the cliff. Well that was different from what the time traveling guy did right? dope

But remember that Nana and Nanao were two times near this cliff and wind pushed her during first conversation, time traveling guy traveled during second conversation shortly before Nana killed Nanao.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 12, 2020 7:02 PM
Oct 2018
28012001 said:
npandey said:

i think it was to make sure that the poor shibusawa falls into the pond properly, viz, he wouldnt be able to stand his ground if there was a hole just near the pond.......

but still, that is a rather gruesome way of killing innocent kids..........

and their so called "potential" kill counts are just the government fuckholes suspecting them to kill humanity in the future...........i mean, if you performed ruthless experiments on kids, is it not obvious that they would retaliate? ??

About Nana, she seems like a victim...............but if she does get slaughtered by one of the students...........i will say that it is completely justified.......... i want her to become a villian and remain a villian and die like one(like light or betelguse)............if she turns into a good person and then everyone forgives her for killing innocent people...........imma seriously giving this show a fuckin' 3............

what are your thoughts??
Playay said:
I 100% believe out of all the cast, Nana is the only one who got paid. She's acting so good. This show's title is wrong, Nana has talent.

Why would you think it that way?

i told in the answer............i just hate those types(which commit a mistake but chicken out when it comes to punishment)
Oct 12, 2020 7:20 PM

Feb 2016
HulkAgiota said:
Im out for this edgy shit, and i wish everything bad for the creator of this shit (if it is to be edgy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯), amen.

Woah, it must suck to be you, living with such a despicable, shameless and edgy personality, wishing bad to a person that hasn't done absolutely nothing to you, even if you say it as a BAD joke, who hurt you? do you need help? what a poor thing you are lol

Good thing we can just block (ignore) toxic people like this on the forums, his whole profile is a meme, such a bad troll.
StallionXDOct 12, 2020 7:23 PM
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Oct 12, 2020 7:33 PM

Mar 2019
@dragonshade it's established that memories are overwritten above the past memories

@AcD4c They are cautious, this kids with superpowers them may have an skill to destroy or avoid the missile for example the guy who can turn back time can go and warn himself, the attack would not only would it be useless, but also the school's lie could have been revealed, they have to eliminate each one knowing their weaknesses just like nana who did set them a trap.
Oct 12, 2020 8:35 PM

Mar 2018
Hmm, felt like the author bit more than he can chew by introducing time-travel concept this early. And of course he couldn't leave unscathed since it's establishing contradictions with timelines already.

But I'm still digging the premise and the tension. I like how it's portraying Nana as a villain and superpowered kids as innocent. Hope it won't turn into a cliche cringefest like Nana and kids combining forces to rebel the government or something. It'd help if manga readers confirm this to me that it won't go that route.

Oct 12, 2020 9:15 PM
May 2019
This show is literally Among Us and we're seeing everything through the impostor's perspective I love it lol
Oct 12, 2020 10:30 PM

Mar 2008
G0ldStark said:
@dragonshade it's established that memories are overwritten above the past memories

@AcD4c They are cautious, this kids with superpowers them may have an skill to destroy or avoid the missile for example the guy who can turn back time can go and warn himself, the attack would not only would it be useless, but also the school's lie could have been revealed, they have to eliminate each one knowing their weaknesses just like nana who did set them a trap.

I know that part Nana suddenly had the memory of seeing the guy in the bush. But they somehow didn't have memory of him walking up and punching the other guy though. Nor did Nana have memory of seeing him holding onto the cup at lunch.
Oct 12, 2020 10:51 PM
Apr 2020
npandey said:
28012001 said:

Why would you think it that way?

i told in the answer............i just hate those types(which commit a mistake but chicken out when it comes to punishment)

Don't want you to drop it but I know the author very well, what kind of plot the show would have, expect her to redeem herself and become a good person.
Oct 12, 2020 11:04 PM

Jun 2013
So... I went a little crazy after the first episode and read all the chapters in a day. Honestly, I didn't expect to like this series as much as I do now. It has a Danganronpa kind of feel even though we already know Nana's doing all the muderin'
but yeah, I think it gets even better as time goes by.

There are people who hate Nana because they loved Naoki but honestly, I like Nana. I don't love her and don't care if anything happens to her in the future but it's interesting to see who dies and what's really happening in their world. Btw, the manga is still on-going and obviously I won't spoil anything but even though some of the deaths are predictable it's fun to watch (or read).
臭い-
Oct 12, 2020 11:24 PM
Nov 2018
People start to get supernatural powers randomly. That's exactly the same settings as "My Hero Academia" but with stupid and evil government. They educate kids to be psychopaths, blame them for becoming psychopaths and murder them. This process guarantees turning gifted strong individuals into corpses or enemies of society instead of valuable strategic assets.

They seem to use a clairvoyant to predict the number of kid's victims but instead of using this information to correct problems that made potential hero into an enemy they just send a killer after him.

Gathering these people in one place and giving them competitive environment with militaristic final goal against non-existent enemy is profoundly stupid. Sending a talentless killer to murder them one by one is just as dumb.

Nana is killing the wrong people. She should be eliminating people responsible for this dumb version of hero academia one by one until future improves.

Weird anime. It's like a version of X-Men where you supposed to root for the bad guys and cheer for cruelty and deceit.
Oct 13, 2020 12:39 AM
Jul 2018
I am curious to know what direction Nana's character is going to take. Is she going to question if her mission is truly a righteous one? Is she going to regret killing everyone? Or is she going to be in-denial and try to justify her actions?

Based off of the ending song clips, I have a feeling she will feel some type of guilt.
Oct 13, 2020 12:49 AM
Nov 2015
Among us vibe really hard here.
Oct 13, 2020 12:52 AM

Oct 2015
I honestly didn't expect that at all, amazing episode.

What's with the constant reference to among us, it's not like the premise is entirely new lol
EGOISTOct 13, 2020 1:15 AM
Oct 13, 2020 2:01 AM

Mar 2019
People start to get supernatural powers randomly. That's exactly the same settings as "My Hero Academia" but with stupid and evil government. They educate kids to be psychopaths, blame them for becoming psychopaths and murder them. This process guarantees turning gifted strong individuals into corpses or enemies of society instead of valuable strategic assets.

They seem to use a clairvoyant to predict the number of kid's victims but instead of using this information to correct problems that made potential hero into an enemy they just send a killer after him.

Gathering these people in one place and giving them competitive environment with militaristic final goal against non-existent enemy is profoundly stupid. Sending a talentless killer to murder them one by one is just as dumb.

Nana is killing the wrong people. She should be eliminating people responsible for this dumb version of hero academia one by one until future improves.

Weird anime. It's like a version of X-Men where you supposed to root for the bad guys and cheer for cruelty and deceit.

the only dumb version here is the same boku no hero, BNH is a series full of plot holes. A city with 80% of the population with powers and for a long time, makes no sense (4 generations). How is it possible that the world is almost identical to ours? Has no sense. Such a world would undergo numerous social and technological changes, etc. to the point that it would be enormously different. because with such amount of powers there would be many technological advances thanks to the application that have many powers to accelerate the invention of machines and many stuff, the worldbuilding is not remotely well construct The author just took that American comic scenery and used it on his manga. It's lazy. Not to mention that a society with superpowers would be full of social problems such as discrimination, difficult coexistence or control of the powers of the population and many things that boku no hero never shows it's just a world idealized by a childish mind.
Oct 13, 2020 2:17 AM
Oct 2018
28012001 said:
npandey said:

Don't want you to drop it but I know the author very well, what kind of plot the show would have, expect her to redeem herself and become a good person.

SO THAT MEANS SHE WILL BE FORGIVEN FOR THE MURDERS???? FUCK
Oct 13, 2020 2:44 AM
Oct 2015
Haris_Leonidas said:
Can anyone explain how Nana killed Shibusawa? Just want to make sure
she hided a part of the frozen lake with soil and when he traveled to poin the lake wasn't frozen in he drowned in the lake and and when he traveled back to the future he got frozen with the lake , does that make sense? Sorry about my bad English
Oct 13, 2020 3:04 AM

Apr 2017
I'm really liking this. I've never watched an anime from the villain's perspective except for maybe Overlord. It's nice to see how the villain's mind works and how they try to kill the 'heroes' by discovering some details about them and making a perfect plan.
Oct 13, 2020 3:53 AM
Apr 2020
npandey said:
28012001 said:

From Sharin no Kuni yes she will. But the manga aren't over yet.
Oct 13, 2020 4:04 AM
Oct 2018
28012001 said:
npandey said:

From Sharin no Kuni yes she will. But the manga aren't over yet.

this is the reason i hate such manga..........they think up a nice story, create a nice villian but then ruin everything by making them look good...........still, i will keep watching
Oct 13, 2020 4:14 AM
Nov 2018
G0ldStark said:

the only dumb version here is the same boku no hero, BNH is a series full of plot holes. A city with 80% of the population with powers and for a long time, makes no sense (4 generations). How is it possible that the world is almost identical to ours? Has no sense. Such a world would undergo numerous social and technological changes, etc. to the point that it would be enormously different. because with such amount of powers there would be many technological advances thanks to the application that have many powers to accelerate the invention of machines and many stuff, the worldbuilding is not remotely well construct The author just took that American comic scenery and used it on his manga. It's lazy. Not to mention that a society with superpowers would be full of social problems such as discrimination, difficult coexistence or control of the powers of the population and many things that boku no hero never shows it's just a world idealized by a childish mind.

That's not plot holes, that's just a bunch of pretty dumb complaints. BNH is superior in every way possible but that's not the point. This is not a thread about BNH, I don't see any reason to start arguing about it. Especially with you.
Oct 13, 2020 6:58 AM

Aug 2017
Ok, this got me hooked and will definitely watch (I had my doubts at first) but I still don't know what to think of Nana. Don't hate her but find her a bit uninteresting, well maybe she will get better next episodes.
Oct 13, 2020 8:48 AM

Dec 2016
Now, Nana reminded me of Light so much and Kyoya was like L.

Just what kind of weird fetish is that Kyoya? I guess his power has some connection with him playing with people's hair XD

I like where this anime is going, that's my type of thing.

But did Nanao really die? It's really hard to believe he's dead.

I agree with the government. With powers like these, people would definitely want to gain full control over the world or use it for selfish needs. But then again there are also right minded mature talenteds who are not like that.

Really curious about how it will end. I'm guessing the most possible conclusion would be coexistence.
Oct 13, 2020 8:51 AM

Mar 2019
G0ldStark said:

That's not plot holes, that's just a bunch of pretty dumb complaints. BNH is superior in every way possible but that's not the point. This is not a thread about BNH, I don't see any reason to start arguing about it. Especially with you.

BnH is not better except for the animation, I could go on talking about flaws not only of the world or of the characters, but you are one of those stubborn fans who refuse to see any defect in his work, it is useless to argue with you.
Oct 13, 2020 10:10 AM

Sep 2018
I see that the show is starting to escalate after a somewhat average first episode. Kyoya is on Nana's tail already.

I'm enjoying the narrative. The way it switches between The True Nana™ and her facade is fun to watch and the visual enchancements to highlight that work well. The plot is also intriguing. This show honestly couldn't have come out at a better time now that Among Us is a hit game in the west. I can't help but make comparisons to the basic idea of that game and I know I'm not the only one.

The other characters besides Nana are pretty dumb though. The situation is dangerous yet here they are blurting out all of the specific details about their powers with no amount of caution to be seen (Seiya Ryuuguuin wouldn't be proud). I know they're supposed to be arrogant superhumans, but the way Nana can dig up any detail in the blink of an eye feels very unnatural. Or maybe they're all just braindead simps ready to tell anything since it's cute genki girl... Nevertheless it's not as enjoyable when she has it too easy.
Oct 13, 2020 10:18 AM
May 2016
Death note x Steins;Gate x Boku no Hero = this episode

This episode really suprised, i never expect this anime going to be this good
Oct 13, 2020 12:16 PM

Jul 2019
I hate Nana as a person, but man what an amazing character! I have no idea what to expect in the next episodes. She won't be able to kill all those poor students... right? (o_o)
Life is a despicable endurance race
Oct 13, 2020 12:52 PM

Aug 2009
On one hand, I can see why the committee wants to kill them all because of Shibusawa's sudden outburst about justice. Pretty sure every single one of the kids is problematic in some way. We already had the outcast with family issues that wants to be a leader, the bully, the narcissist, and the -almost chaotic- paladin hero of justice. Oh lets also count Nana as the indoctrinated girl with past trauma that may or many not have been caused by the committee.

On the other hand, they are not only responsible for making the kids that way but they also definitely have their own "different" agenda.
Like what happened to families teaching kids morals etc? Cant convince me that death camps were the best idea they came up with if they really wanted to "be safe from Talented". And politicians talking shit about kids "gaining power without effort"...bitch plz.

Oct 13, 2020 2:10 PM
May 2020
BNHA, Death Note, Among us in a nutshell
Oct 13, 2020 8:27 PM

Feb 2020
Damn........First Anime where the MC is Enemy of Humanity.....

I didn't get how Nana killed Youhei....
Did she killed her the day she killed Nanao??? by pushing him in the lake or something???

And I see that Nanao is a Main character in this Series.......so will he come back??? I mean how can a main character die in the first episode.
Oct 14, 2020 12:11 AM

May 2012
It is so underrated. This one of the best anime in this season in my option

The main character (nana) reminds of code geass and death note. She tries to solve complicated problems
Oct 14, 2020 12:41 AM

May 2018
And Then There Were None...

This is getting interesting. I love seeing the beginning of the cat and mouse game between Nana and Kyouya. Pretty sure Kyouya’s imouto is gonna be significant later. I found the exposition about how society came to Ben this way to be pretyyyy depressing. Is it just me or does it seem like the kill counts are faked?
Oct 14, 2020 6:27 AM
Oct 2015
thepath said:
It is so underrated. This one of the best anime in this season in my option

The main character (nana) reminds of code geass and death note. She tries to solve complicated problems
after reading the manga I think it's overrated
Oct 14, 2020 11:12 AM

Feb 2019
I didn't have good expectations due to the generic premise, but with in this episode showed that anime dare to do several risky things with a fairly satisfying result, really get rid of the self-insert character and all his characterization thrown away in the end of the first episode. , and now discarding the use of time travel who solve everything in a lazy way (like higurashi) has earned my interest.

@G0ldStark @FreezePeach Both have worldbuilding errors, however what makes the difference is the execution, if Nana has shown something of value, it's that never betrayed her premise of a Child without powers who manages to overcome the talented using the use of intelligence and manipulation alone. This error is quite common in any nekketsu anime, they establish that the protagonist is an underdog only to reveal that in the end he had a hidden special power, two examples come to my mind Naruto and Touma.
Oct 14, 2020 2:11 PM

Jun 2015
To steal a meme from Carlsberg, probably the best anime of the season so far.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 14, 2020 3:53 PM

Sep 2020
This is slowly becoming more and more interesting. If the show keeps going this way and the deaths become more and more intricate, because they should once people start to pick up on what's going on, then I'll probably have this in my top 3 this season. What a well thought strategy to kill a time traveler lol, lake MVP.

Also, people should stop referencing Among Us when comparing it to this show. Where was Among Us when Danganronpa aired? :DDDDD
Oct 14, 2020 8:43 PM

Mar 2015
Bruh how stupid could he be? How could he trust her at the last moment like that when she clearly should have told everyone what had happened.
Oct 14, 2020 10:01 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, another kill? Did Shibusawa actually die?
Because i was really hoping to see the mc(?) alive again.

Nana is really blending in smoothly, the only guy who can uncover her is Kyouya.
Btw so now we know who are the real enemies of humanity, and her mission makes sense, but they don't look like enemies of humanity right now, they look more like dumb kids who got powers.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 15, 2020 12:09 AM

Jul 2010
She pretends to be nice, but alas, she also burns very much - her words are false for kilometers. Thank God that at least one doper.
But it is interesting! Very cool!
May be some anime?
Oct 15, 2020 12:30 AM
May 2020
i dont know how to feel about this show or nana's character. i like the plot well and how things look like their going to unfold however i get this uneasy feeling when we introduced to a new character and get to learn about them only for them to die in the same episode like i enjoy nanao character and he got bodied.and because of that i have mixed feelings about nana i mean i know what her character is suppose to be about but like damn am i suppose to feel sorry for her am i suppose to root for her or root against her
Oct 15, 2020 4:06 AM

Apr 2015
"anyone who gains superpowers without effort always becomes arrogant"

disagree. it's not effort. it's RESPONSIBILITY. and maturity to a lesser extent. if you'll play that part a bit more they even admitted that if you give a gun to an IMMATURE person, he'll want to shoot it. so it's not effort. effort for the sake of effort is vanity and vexation of the spirit. just like life.

not that me saying anything of the sort would mean they would change their ideology at this point. I mean why back out now right? I don't expect my words will reach them. all the more reason why I will stay indoors and be a grand wizard. that said I'm not expecting anything. both the talented and the talentless are just two sides of the same evil coin. yes, I mean that to both Nana's camp and Nanao's camp.

I can already see that both camps will just eat each other to no end. Nana's camp is already proof to me that they're misguided with their "muh effort" agenda. and sure they have a point to point their finger on Nanao's camp. which is exactly why I don't see how any of the camp will see a resolution apart from simply deleting the other camp entirely. might as well just launch a nuclear bomb and be done with it.
kidlat020Oct 15, 2020 4:12 AM
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 15, 2020 4:07 AM

Feb 2018
Rip time guy, I did not expect that the white haired man would almost reveal the truth
Oct 15, 2020 4:34 AM

Apr 2015
yeah finished episode 2. people here are saying that guy is dumb but remember his powers made him arrogant. and he has very little reason to suspect Nana, especially with that adorable cuteness she's projecting to the boys filled with testosterone. he was caught off guard more than he's an idiot really. don't blame the horny guy drowning in said testosterone.

I'm giving the show one last episode before dropping it. I just don't want to watch a show about evil eating evil. it's not for me and since I truly separated myself from evil "normies" and evil "social elites" trying to out-eat each other.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 15, 2020 6:24 AM

Nov 2010
Since many people here are not sure about what to expect in the future, I will make a slight spoiler about things that you might want to expect with both the strength and weakness points.

One thing for sure is that the reaction toward the manga is very polarized. Some people really love it, some people really hate it, and some love it while despising the flaws. So you might fall anywhere in that spectrum.

Btw, the author of this series writes two very popular visual novels (G-Senjou no Maou and Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo), and reading either one of them should be enough to give you an image about what strength/weakness to expect.
Oct 15, 2020 9:55 AM

Nov 2014
OK, I'm impressed. It's entirely not what I expected and in a good way. It took me 2 episodes to get that "Nana" in title is actually Nana and not Nanamo, and when synopsis talk about using intelligence and manipullation it's again about her. Nicely played.
Other than that, I quite like the idea of killing her classmates in a monster-of-the-week fashion. I'm actually rooting for her.
Oct 15, 2020 4:00 PM

Aug 2017
Well, I liked the episode much more than the previous one, even tho I got a little confused with the guy's death (falling like flies like that makes their names very hard to remember, tbh), but I read what you guys posted and I also think that's what happened, tho I thought that the forest in which he died is not the same spot in the river that was previously frozen. But well, another one down. I think that Nana should slow down a bit, beacuse killing them off so quicky will led to suspicion over her, like it is already happening.
Oct 15, 2020 5:34 PM

Oct 2008
feels like school of deception huh...
5/5.

Oct 15, 2020 10:24 PM
Oct 2020
Well, I in this episode I just suspicious about what Youhei saw front of dorm He said "I see someone in the dark but I don't know who?" I don't understimete Nana 'S skill to being assassin but, all the killer always do checking dead body if you don't wanna make a mess.
Oct 16, 2020 1:05 AM

Apr 2020
i erased rewound time and leapt past it
king crimson!

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

264 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

131 by TheMaster-- »»
Mar 1, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

284 by sonsofliberty »»
Feb 5, 3:48 PM

» Going down, down, and down…

RudeRedis - Jan 15

15 by RudeRedis »»
Feb 2, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.