Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 7, 2020 11:07 PM

Oct 2014
Another overhyped webtoon/crunchyroll original. This show doesn't know what it wants to be. High school comedy SoL, fighting shounen, or some lore shit. A lot of it felt like Plunderer without the ecchi. There are so many characters too. Idk who I should care about. The black hair guy looks like a vampire love interest in a 2000s shoujo.

The character art looked deformed and off-model 90% of the time. There weren't really consistent designs. It was like they used an original style from most of it, then they traced frames from the manhwa.
Oct 8, 2020 12:08 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
They finally gave up on appearing mildly competent in the premiere and set the bar low from the get-go this time, huh.
Oct 8, 2020 1:02 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, M-21 decided to be Rai's another guardian, by recruit him into the school's security. I found it pretty funny with his situations, but its really understandable for every sides. His action scenes were okay, with a nice little backstory and fight scene to strengthened his positions as a permanent character. They even did not hesitates to wasted their previous time by directly introducing the designated villain of these show: Union, tactical units for war purposes. No shit, they seemed pretty strong with a lot of interesting ability on them. A little Union insights was okay, eventhough its really deserved more. The last part showed even more characters to the series, which were gave me a short shock too. That couple must be another Nobles, so idk whats the deal with them.

The school time, and its environment were just fine. No great thing happened between them and Rai, and the pacing seemed fine with okay transition. Surely their interactions with Rai finally showed an interesting growth of his personality toward the new era of humanity, and more importantly gave me a chilling moments fo a while. Especially with that little accident in the middle. Its really fine to me.

Overall, i am satisfied enough with these first episode. Its not that great, but surely built up my halfhearted feeling toward this show. The way of them introduce everything was such a nice job by I.G, and its more than enough to gave me a hype again to continue watching this till end. Lets hope they keep and hold this nice direction at the rest of the episodes with no rushy rushy thingy again, like its shameful predecessor. Thats it for me.
badabassOct 8, 2020 1:11 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 8, 2020 1:21 AM

Mar 2012
Is the terribly low score just because of people being mad about how bad GoH and ToG were? This first episode was extremely well paced and continued off the OVA nicely. Felt like a really good opener so it's honestly baffling to me it has a lower score than almost any of the other shows that started this season... Which is funny because this episode was much, much better than half the other openers this season.
Oct 8, 2020 1:24 AM
Apr 2020
Is ok not good and not bad
Oct 8, 2020 1:44 AM

Sep 2013
Nice start,Raizel reminds me of Handa-kun,looks badass but inside almost a regular person out of touch lol.
Deep dark fantasies
Oct 8, 2020 2:14 AM
Aug 2020
SparkleDuck said:
Is the terribly low score just because of people being mad about how bad GoH and ToG were? This first episode was extremely well paced and continued off the OVA nicely. Felt like a really good opener so it's honestly baffling to me it has a lower score than almost any of the other shows that started this season... Which is funny because this episode was much, much better than half the other openers this season.

Same here, i thought the anime would have a decent score, but i guess the devastation GOH and TOG made people doubt on the last webtoon anime of this year, can’t blame them though, GOH had awful pacing
Oct 8, 2020 2:52 AM

Jun 2020
Lol 6.88, weakest pilot among the three webtoon anime
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 8, 2020 2:57 AM

Aug 2018
The animation and music are very mid-2000’s and not in a particularly good way. At least the pacing and plot seem like they might be good
Oct 8, 2020 3:05 AM

Oct 2016
Good start, though if ya'll haven't watched Noblesse: Awakening then you should because this starts directly after that. And it was pretty good.

This episode felt a bit slower which I hope is a sign that this will be better paced than the other 2 shows that shall not be named.

Rai, what an awkward thousand year old boyo lmao. And it's good to see M-21 chilling at the school. Other than the beginning, this episode was pretty chill. Looking forward for more.
Oct 8, 2020 3:21 AM

Jan 2020
The visuals are great, but for now, Noblesse doesn't seem anything special. Let's see if it will be butchered up like The God of High School as well.
Oct 8, 2020 5:51 AM

Jun 2013
I'm going to rate the pilot episode a 5 to 6.5/10 since you're required to watch the OVAs beforehand. Also, I love the webtoon/manhwa and it's one of my favorite Korean manhwas/webtoons of all time and I will be biased but even I was "meh" in this first episode. I feel like you shouldn't have to watch the OVA first, not many people know that it even exists. With the failure of ToG and GoH, they're going to lose even more viewership with this.

I noticed how they changed the setting from South Korea to Japan. However, the school is still called YE RAN? Also, Rai loves spicy Korean-style ramen with kimchi so how does that play in a Japanese school setting?
臭い-
Oct 8, 2020 6:28 AM

Jun 2013
A little slow but good start.
Oct 8, 2020 7:00 AM

Aug 2015
Crunchyroll advertising the living crap of it on social media✔
Outdated and inconsistent visuals ✔
13 episode's ✔
A potentially rushed storyline✔
This show is destined for failure.
Oct 8, 2020 8:06 AM
Apr 2014
I hardly believe this anime will be a success ,it is planned for a 24 episode run ,but manga has more than 500 chapters and is ongoing ,even if they continue to get more seasons ,easily will take 5 to 10 years to reach the final ,I really dislike to wait many years to conclude a series. Even I don't like the manhwa, is pretty much the same as others
Oct 8, 2020 8:08 AM

Jan 2008
I constantly hear positive things about this series along side a few other recently adapted manwha, which at this point has made me skeptical and wow, I was right to be. This was pretty bad.

The show itself feels like it's trying to be way to much more that it is. I don't think there was a single thing I can say I actually liked about this episode. I'm surprised I managed to finish it without skipping through.

I didn't even notice this was by IG either until I took a sneak peek at the site page, which I would have never known because this doesn't even look like their work.
Oct 8, 2020 8:50 AM
Jul 2019
it seems like something is slightly left out of the story in the webtoon
Oct 8, 2020 8:56 AM

Aug 2019
so i actually need to watch a prequel before this one that solves my confusion,
but tbh i dont have much expectations for noblesse seeing how bad ToG and GoH are first episode is also pretty meh, so guess ill check the prequel first and follow the 3-episode rule
Oct 8, 2020 9:05 AM

Oct 2018
there's just too many bandwagon trains keeping up here.
It's still first episode chill out guys.
Need to stop this bad stereotype about webtoon. smh
Oct 8, 2020 9:12 AM

Oct 2019
I wonder why they change Sui intro scene and then I notice that, she and Yuna are removed. Lol
andrearionaOct 8, 2020 9:49 AM
Oct 8, 2020 9:13 AM

Mar 2010
M-21 looked way better in the OVA. Episode was not bad.
Oct 8, 2020 9:21 AM

May 2011
What I don't get about Crunchyroll is why do they have to be animated in Japan?
Why these shows can't be done in some local Korean animation studio?

At least I know what Crunchyroll is doing with the 8$ their subscribers give to them.

These shows try way too hard to sell you the setting and plot. It doesn't feel organic.
I will pass.
Oct 8, 2020 9:36 AM

Nov 2014
I don't know what I expected, considering I dropped WN, but I don't like it. Art is ok and Rai had some funny moments I guess. Sadly all the badass parts don't feel right and having main cast as super bishounens with all enemies being ugly only makes it look cheaper.
I'll stick around because I like my OP protagonists and it's more "watchable" than WN turned out to be for me. Hopefully later episodes improve my opinion.
JustAnotherShiroOct 8, 2020 9:40 AM
Oct 8, 2020 9:44 AM

Jul 2013
I can't say I was necessarily disappointed by this, the pacing felt just right for the first episode of an anime. It was probably for the best that they start this by adapting season 2 rather than retreading over the 80 chaps that were already covered in the OVA. Though it makes it confusing to those going into this blind without watching the Awakening OVA first.

From what I do remember about reading Noblesse (many moons ago) is that M-21 was one of my favorites and that this arc was pretty good overall. I have hope that the pacing will stay consistent and will improve.

I didn't think the animation was necessarily terrible, I feel kinda neutral about it overall, it's not the best I've seen but also not the worst. I wasn't a huge fan of the OP but maybe it'll grow on me, I loved the ED song and sequence though.

At least this anime probably won't have a wedding episode so that's a bit of a silver lining

𝐌𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐢𝐬𝐧’𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞.

Oct 8, 2020 10:00 AM
Apr 2011
2 minutes. That's how long whoever wrote this episode lasted before they messed up. Seriously, there are legions of amateur writers more capable than this.

> Drone finds grounded helicopter.
> Contacts sniper in flying heli to destroy grounded heli, saying "it is a bit far"
> Sniper immediately shoots heli, then jumps down right next to it.

Oct 8, 2020 11:21 AM

Oct 2015
COME on Koreans You can make your OWN anime studio. Use the Billion USD you make from KPOP to do that. If China can make their own anime (Donghua) why you can not ;)
Oct 8, 2020 11:41 AM
Sep 2017
It was good but I didn’t like where it started from. Who remembers the first episode that was posted 3 years ago. They should have added that episode to the series so people can remember it.
Oct 8, 2020 1:07 PM

Mar 2012
spectrojan said:
Lol 6.88, weakest pilot among the three webtoon anime
big disagree, GoH was rushing through the chapters from the very beginning. Episode 1 entirely skipped chapters.
Oct 8, 2020 1:08 PM
Sep 2016
Another season. Another overhyped "NeW ERa oF AnImE" webtoon adaptation. Can't say I'm disappointed cause I already expected it to be bad but it's sincerely surprising how bland it was that I just felt...nothing...a void as I looked at the screen - can't even conjure up a feeling of hatred for how bad that was.
1.1.Six
Oct 8, 2020 1:20 PM

Dec 2016
Lol 1 episode and already under 7.

Totally people weren't already predisposed to hate on this even before it started airing lmaoo, after the dreadful experiences with the "God" shows (that were anything but godly) can't say this was not to be expected.
Oct 8, 2020 1:22 PM

Apr 2015
An ok slow-start first episode, people probably won't like it if they haven't watched the OVAs or read the manhwa. Crunchyroll or whoever's in charge should've just added the OVAs as episode 0 or something, cause so many people would miss watching them and won't understand/care about what's going on. That aside, glad to see how M-21 is opening up to others again, Rai and the gang are so supportive.

But seriously who came up with these character designs? Rai looks terrible and not nearly as elegant as he does in the manhwa. I mean yeah the manhwa art wasn't the best in the first arc but they could've used the current/later arcs as reference. And why did they have to change the setting from Korea to Japan?? That's...pointless.

Ah well. Just excited to see best girl appearing next episode, my expectations for a decent adaptation are so low at this point I don't care about anything else.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Oct 8, 2020 2:56 PM

May 2019
First 2 min were hype af, then OP rolls and everything goes to shit. Awful first episode, I will probably drop this one if the SoL continues next episode. Kinda funny how red-eyes guy just stares there, menacingly.

Oct 8, 2020 3:55 PM

Oct 2018
I watched this, and then found out about Awakening, so gave it a watch too. It turns out that the first ep of Noblesse explained things pretty well since Awakening was exactly what I expected (I'd still watch Awakening first).

I read somewhere that "Noblesse- The beginning of Destruction" kinda spoils what will happen later on this season so I'll save it for later.

Medialuna said:
First 2 min were hype af, then OP rolls and everything goes to shit. Awful first episode, I will probably drop this one if the SoL continues next episode. Kinda funny how red-eyes guy just stares there, menacingly.

You should've watched "Noblesse Awakening" first, an OVA from 2016 that fits as ep 00 of this season.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeOct 8, 2020 4:06 PM
Oct 8, 2020 4:47 PM

Dec 2015
Seems like a safe 5/10 show. But I don't doubt it can become worse
Oct 8, 2020 7:04 PM
Apr 2020
Bad episode overall, shitty art, no introduction to the plot whatsoever. First episodes are meant to build up the basis, this one was just a mess, a really bad written greetings card, I'm still giving it a chance and gave it a 2, because I've seen worse stuff, like Gibiate this year.
Oct 8, 2020 8:02 PM
Jun 2015
I would highly recommend watching the 2016 OVA for Noblesse. The OVA is called Noblesse: Awakening, and this anime picks right up where that OVA left off. The first episode will be quite confusing if you decide to not watch that first. I don't understand why they did this though, they probably just did not want to recreate something that has already been adapted. The first episode besides that was pretty solid, I am really enjoying the characters.
Oct 8, 2020 10:33 PM
Feb 2018
i'm anime only, i've watched the beginning and awakening ova.
beginning is about life of rei and frankenstein 820 years ago.
awakening is about how rei wakes up from his long sleep then meet again with frankenstein in modern world. m21, m24, and his school friends were introduced in this ova.
from the first episode, i like the interactions between rei, and other characters. rei and frankenstein are so funny :D
the animation is pretty good, sasuga ig production.
story about overpowered character is always interesting for me.
5/5 for this episode
Oct 8, 2020 11:30 PM

Jun 2020
So far it's ok, it did continue from the previous prequel. Raizel looks the same from the prequel which is a good thing, except that his hair is shorter. The pacing doesn't seem to be as fucked as The God of Highschool. It is pretty smooth, except that sometimes it can be a little, like a little bit abrupt. I don't know why, but I feel so. The characters have already had some development from the prequel, which was a pretty good choice cause if this started from the beginning, it would've caused some problems. The story is pretty interesting, but this episode made some things not so interesting, but well. I don't really like the OP, it's pretty weird. But yeah, on the whole, this first episode was fine.

6.4/10 or just 6/10 so far. It's fine.

Oct 8, 2020 11:53 PM

Oct 2018
SparkleDuck said:

people just keep riding along the bandwagon train for all these webtoon adaptation.
They won't even realize that this is an improvement.
Oct 9, 2020 12:36 AM

Jul 2012
Well, I liked the ED song...that's about it. Everything else was mediocre at best, like a cheap, generic isekai. If Solo Leveling ever gets an anime adaptation, please keep Crunchyroll the hell away from it.
Oct 9, 2020 12:37 AM
Aug 2020
Cleostar said:
SparkleDuck said:

people just keep riding along the bandwagon train for all these webtoon adaptation.
They won't even realize that this is an improvement.

Blame GOH for that, that anime ruined the reputation for webtoon animes, if it weren’t for GOH’s bad pacing, this anime wouldn’t be that slept on and would be popularly praised
Oct 9, 2020 12:54 AM
Nov 2010
kamehameha455 said:
I hardly believe this anime will be a success ,it is planned for a 24 episode run ,but manga has more than 500 chapters and is ongoing

No, the Noblesse manhwa already ended in January last year, and it's planned for 13 episodes, not 24. Did you post in the wrong anime thread?
Oct 9, 2020 2:43 AM
Sep 2008
I'm more surprised in the lack of comments praising this manhwa adaptation as the best anime of all time, a masterpice 10/10, the second season is better, like in TOG or GOH. And after watching this episode it looks cliche but way better than those two manhwas.
Oct 9, 2020 2:53 AM

Oct 2008
OMG my waifu Lord Seira!!!
5/5.
i hope the episodes are continuous! not seasonal

Oct 9, 2020 10:08 AM

Jan 2019
Meh. I'd prefer the webtoon
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"] aa[/font]

Oct 9, 2020 12:49 PM

Jun 2015
is it me or did they make Raizel less hot?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 9, 2020 1:58 PM

Jan 2017
It seems crunchy roll originals ate their budget with tower of god and god of highschool, 'cause noblesse was kinda god awful
Oct 9, 2020 5:16 PM

Mar 2012
TakamakiJoker said:
Crunchyroll advertising the living crap of it on social media✔
Outdated and inconsistent visuals ✔
13 episode's ✔
A potentially rushed storyline✔
This show is destined for failure.
the first episode and OVA did not seem to rush through the manwha, unlike the pilot for GoH.
Oct 9, 2020 7:14 PM

Aug 2020
I have only watched the OVA (haven't read the webtoon) and thought this was an okay episode. I do plan to continue and I also really like the outro.

Oct 9, 2020 10:45 PM

Dec 2019
I read the webtoon long time ago. Weren't they in Korea instead of Japan? O_o
Ḻ͖͚̤̥͂ͪͩ̽ͅo͖̺̒̉r̰̝ͣͤ̌̉̃̀d ͈̹̠͎͙̗ͪ̄͆ͪ̈̃̀R̩͌͂͑ͦi͔̯̱̣̹̜̲x͕̮̞̮̪̒͆̈́u̜̦͔͈̮͕͈͐̇̔̒̐el̰̖̦͒͛

Discord qhCsvqT

Make English people read this: Ohio go say mass
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 11, 2020

63 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 26, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Leo - Oct 21, 2020

82 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:23 PM

» Noblesse season 2

quarterhorse2525 - Sep 19, 2023

7 by Saiche »»
Nov 12, 2023 2:18 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 9, 2020

49 by Glowinginthedark »»
Oct 10, 2023 9:48 AM

» Ep. 1 is on Crunchyroll dubs' YouTube.

Animecritic40 - May 1, 2023

6 by Animecritic40 »»
Aug 2, 2023 5:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.