Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 27, 2020 12:46 AM
May 2019
Just want to Know what other people thought of oregairu final season to me it was bad
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2020 12:53 AM
Jun 2020
It's one of those endings no one's really happy.

Yes, me included.
Sep 27, 2020 12:55 AM

Jun 2020
Nah it was actually good unlike the rest of the season. A pity people forgot how boring episodes 2-10 were while rating the show. That prom arc shit was a grind
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 27, 2020 1:00 AM
May 2019
U
wape said:

Yes, me included.
Yes thought as much no one who has followed the series is gonna like it

spectrojan said:
Nah it was actually good unlike the rest of the season. A pity people forgot how boring episodes 2-10 were while rating the show. That prom arc shit was a grind
Either you liked Yukinon or there might be some other reasson i dont know but to most of us the ending was bad and i am saying this because i have red the light novel too

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenSep 28, 2020 3:30 PM
Sep 28, 2020 3:30 PM

May 2009
Thread moved from Anime Discussion.
Sep 28, 2020 6:00 PM

Nov 2011
spectrojan said:
A pity people forgot how boring episodes 2-10 were while rating the show.

I want to say the very exact same thing lol. Episode 1 was good, well because Komachi is always awesome. And last two episodes at least gave a good closure.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Sep 28, 2020 10:06 PM
Jun 2020
Dekata_Printoki said:
I hated this season .
The whole reason we looked up to 8man was because of his selflessness, the way he never takes credit for anything he does

This season ,he was totally selfish nothing like the 8man we know of,like look at how much he hurt yui , even after knowing her feelings for him.

I dont know what happened to watari for him to end such a master piece in the worst way possible ,but it was not like him to write such senseless trash

Absolutely disgusted with the end
No, Hachiman was selfish from the beginning, nobody looked up to him for the reasons you mentioned dude, and for why Watari did it, well, go look at the light novel section, everybody liked the ending and its highly rated, it pretty much only the anime only's who think this, dont blame the writer because Hachiman didnt end up with yui because she "cried" every episode, Amd hint : Yui wasnt even the most hurting character in s3, it was the other two..

They hyped up Yui too much, cant say anything else man
Sep 28, 2020 10:08 PM
Jun 2020
therahulplay said:
U
wape said:

Yes, me included.

spectrojan said:
Either you liked Yukinon or there might be some other reasson i dont know but to most of us the ending was bad and i am saying this because i have red the light novel too

How is the last ep bad man? They literally copy pasted stuff from the LN, or are you talking about the build up or something to those last two eps? Or is it that you didnt like the LN end either???
Sep 28, 2020 10:17 PM
Jun 2020
wape said:

Yes, me included.
Pretty sure its only the Yui shippers and crtitcs who are actually unhappy about the entire season and not "just" the ending, donno who this other "no one's you're talking about..

And for the rest of the season, yh, they fucked that up, so those eps were pretty bad..
A_G_NSep 28, 2020 10:37 PM
Sep 29, 2020 4:12 AM
May 2019
R
A_G_N said:
therahulplay said:
U

How is the last ep bad man? They literally copy pasted stuff from the LN, or are you talking about the build up or something to those last two eps? Or is it that you didnt like the LN end either???
Yes i have red the light novel and i hated the ending i pretty much skipped the last volume just after the confession i just couldnt read it for me it was that bad and its just my personal openion if you liked the ending than good for you it just wasnt for me.
Sep 29, 2020 5:49 AM
Jun 2020
therahulplay said:
R
A_G_N said:
Yes i have red the light novel and i hated the ending i pretty much skipped the last volume just after the confession i just couldnt read it for me it was that bad and its just my personal openion if you liked the ending than good for you it just wasnt for me.
So the ship was the problem? I mean, you should have gotten from the 1st vol itself that Yui would have never worked man, and Hachiman and Yukino were inseparable? Why would you delude yourself of the fact that Yui or anyone remotely had a chance? Yui's pretty much everything Hachiman didnt want, or is it something else that you hate from the ending?
A_G_NSep 29, 2020 7:08 AM
Sep 29, 2020 6:03 AM
May 2019
A_G_N said:
therahulplay said:
R
So the ship was the problem? I mean, you should have gotten from the 1st vol itself that Yui would have never worked man, and Hachiman and Yukino were inseppurable? Why would you delude yourself of the fact that Yui or anyone remotely had a chance? Yui's pretty much everything Hachiman didnt want, or is it something else that you hate from the ending?
Have you Read the light novels if you have you wouldnt say that but if you are still saying that maybe people really have different opinions cant argue with that
Sep 29, 2020 6:51 AM
Jun 2020
therahulplay said:
A_G_N said:
So the ship was the problem? I mean, you should have gotten from the 1st vol itself that Yui would have never worked man, and Hachiman and Yukino were inseppurable? Why would you delude yourself of the fact that Yui or anyone remotely had a chance? Yui's pretty much everything Hachiman didnt want, or is it something else that you hate from the ending?
Have you Read the light novels if you have you wouldnt say that but if you are still saying that maybe people really have different opinions cant argue with that
I did read it, say what the problem is then, I'm just guessing here at this point..
Sep 30, 2020 6:38 AM
Jun 2014
Kinda sad, really. I mean we are all here because we watched this series from the start. Knowing that it was the last episode made me wanting more. But all ends in on point. I support Yui but still seeing the ship that ends up does not made me waver my love for the series.
Sep 30, 2020 7:31 AM
Apr 2019
Oh my ship didn’t sail 😱😱
Guess I should give it 1 for my waifu 👻👻
Sep 30, 2020 10:40 AM
Sep 2020
I really liked watch the final episode, I was smiling all the time. Rommantic scenes, interaction between Hachiman and Yukino and her confession was very good. The scene with the Sensei too, because she was so important for the Hachiman's character development. But, for me, the best moment was the episode 11, its almost the true final. The Perfect Scene and the Yukino's version of the ending song was... amazing, words can't describe, the last time which I felt a similar emotion was many many years ago. The Yukino's Version of Diamond no Jundo is my favorite anime song of all time. Season 1 and 2 had a ending solo version (one for Yukino, one for Yui), so, I predicted a beautiful solo song when I listened the ending in the first episode of season 3. But the Violins... wow, omfg, and all emotion through the Yukino's voice... Perfect, even better than I expected.

I waited Hachiman's confession since 2015 (I saw Season1 during 2013, but was more comedy).

Some people didn't like the final because they prefer Yui... Guys, Yui never had a chance, this was clear all time.

I liked season 3, and read folk talking about a lot of important Yukino's Scenes cutted off, so, the season would be better, but, for me, it was already incredible. Now, I will read the LN and the Manga for a complete experience of Ore ga Iru!
Sep 30, 2020 12:52 PM

Sep 2009
A_G_N said:
therahulplay said:
R
So the ship was the problem? I mean, you should have gotten from the 1st vol itself that Yui would have never worked man, and Hachiman and Yukino were inseparable? Why would you delude yourself of the fact that Yui or anyone remotely had a chance? Yui's pretty much everything Hachiman didnt want, or is it something else that you hate from the ending?

What ship sailed isn't the main issue, the issue is how it was handled.

Whether or not Hachiman is selfish or selfless in his previous actions, in prior seasons the things he did always had consequences. However in this season everything he desires just works out. And thank god he does, because no problem can be solved without his intervention. It's like the author got tired of the series and just high fived the main couple across the finish line, which is a bad departure from the more realistic outlook the show previously had.
Apparently Yui is just fine with having her heart broken as days later she went back to help her crush and his new love with their new project. I want to remind you that during the bench talk Hachiman said because he doesn't keep in touch with people, the end of the club would mean end of friendship with the girl not chosen. By pursuing Yukino, he is not only rejecting Yui but is abandoning their friendship as well.

The writing aside there is also general pacing issues in the anime. Most of the season revolved around Yui, whose fans like the episodes but hated the ending. The reverse is true for Yukino fans. The final result is that nobody is happy. This is quite similar to how everybody hated Death Note's ending.
h0ll0wxvict0rySep 30, 2020 1:07 PM
Sep 30, 2020 2:34 PM
Jun 2020
h0ll0wxvict0ry said:
A_G_N said:

Whether or not Hachiman is selfish or selfless in his previous actions, in prior seasons the things he did always had consequences. However in this season everything he desires just works out. And thank god he does, because no problem can be solved without his intervention. It's like the author got tired of the series and just high fived the main couple across the finish line, which is a bad departure from the more realistic outlook the show previously had.
Apparently Yui is just fine with having her heart broken as days later she went back to help her crush and his new love with their new project. I want to remind you that during the bench talk Hachiman said because he doesn't keep in touch with people, the end of the club would mean end of friendship with the girl not chosen. By pursuing Yukino, he is not only rejecting Yui but is abandoning their friendship as well.

The writing aside there is also general pacing issues in the anime. Most of the season revolved around Yui, whose fans like the episodes but hated the ending. The reverse is true for Yukino fans. The final result is that nobody is happy. This is quite similar to how everybody hated Death Note's ending.
I mean, its really only the anime's fault, it was pretty much all explained and everything in LN, Yui already knew she didnt have a chance, she's already gotten indirectpy rejected multiple times by Hachiman, first one being s2 last ep, it really wasnt something new to her, she's been dealing with her loss for a long time, anime tho changes stuff and makes it seem like Yui had a chance, thats why she's able to adjust, because ep 4 is when she adjusted, so its easy for her now, yes it hurts but she had accepted it long ago.

Hachiman's actions does have consequences but anime cuts everything out, anime also cuts out 70% of Hachiman monologues which states how helpless he is this season, this season was him finally finding the courage to let go of his self worth issues and finally go for his selfish wish in the clearest manner possible. Its all done well in LN, any issue you have with season 3 is only anime's fault, they cut out the Hachiyuki buildup, they glorified Yui, they cut out most of the important monologues, the prom issue was handled poorly in anime, Hachiman's win over Yukimom was Yukimom actually giving the win to him in ep 8 because she was interested to find out why this boy was doing so much(creating a fake prom) for one girl. Yukimom knew about it all, but anime instead makes it seem pile Hachiman pulled a 200 IQ strat when all he did was beg and Yukimom gave it to him.

If you wanna find out what actually happens, just read the last three vols, its all in there, or the manga or something, the author handled it well, just check the Top LN's in MAL, oregairu is still at 3rd place, every season has downgraded the volumes to an acceptable level from the masterful writing it was, and season 3 was just the cherry on the top..

I can assure you, the LN Hachiman and Anime Hachiman are two different people, anime Hachiman's just a husk of his actual self. Same with Yukino, and Yui and Iroha were glorified by anime to this unrealistic ideal girls than they were originally, and Yukino was nerfed to death to be on their level, all to maintain the "mystery" of who would win even though it was pretty much guranteed from vol 1 that it would be either Yukino ending or loner ending with how much Hachiman thinks about Yukino whenever they meet, wouldnt be far fetched to say that half the 17 volumes are just Hachiman going shakespeare mode on emphasizing Yukino..

Like I said, one of the best, and I'm not kidding here, possibly the best couple in all of anime was nerfed to death by studio. Ep 11's confession should tell you enough how much was cut out for Hachiman to feel that way about Yukino, the writing and their chemistry in that ep is how they usually interact when the situation isnt usually complicated, but anime cuts it out, so a series with realistic characters is intead turned into a harem. Hint that anime is not faithful : Iroha is actually chasing after Hayama, Hachiman's a side fling for her which she would accept if he tries, but her main end goal is still Hayama, anime instead changes it to her actually likimg Hachiman more, ergo, Harem vibes...

Srry if you didnt like the season, the season was easily supposed to be the best in terms of adapting but they still messed up.. big time..
A_G_NSep 30, 2020 2:47 PM
Sep 30, 2020 3:29 PM

Sep 2009
A_G_N said:
h0ll0wxvict0ry said:

I mean, its really only the anime's fault, it was pretty much all explained and everything in LN, Yui already knew she didnt have a chance, she's already gotten indirectpy rejected multiple times by Hachiman, first one being s2 last ep, it really wasnt something new to her, she's been dealing with her loss for a long time, anime tho changes stuff and makes it seem like Yui had a chance, thats why she's able to adjust, because ep 4 is when she adjusted, so its easy for her now, yes it hurts but she had accepted it long ago.

Hachiman's actions does have consequences but anime cuts everything out, anime also cuts out 70% of Hachiman monologues which states how helpless he is this season, this season was him finally finding the courage to let go of his self worth issues and finally go for his selfish wish in the clearest manner possible. Its all done well in LN, any issue you have with season 3 is only anime's fault, they cut out the Hachiyuki buildup, they glorified Yui, they cut out most of the important monologues, the prom issue was handled poorly in anime, Hachiman's win over Yukimom was Yukimom actually giving the win to him in ep 8 because she was interested to find out why this boy was doing so much(creating a fake prom) for one girl. Yukimom knew about it all, but anime instead makes it seem pile Hachiman pulled a 200 IQ strat when all he did was beg and Yukimom gave it to him.

If you wanna find out what actually happens, just read the last three vols, its all in there, or the manga or something, the author handled it well, just check the Top LN's in MAL, oregairu is still at 3rd place, every season has downgraded the volumes to an acceptable level from the masterful writing it was, and season 3 was just the cherry on the top..

I can assure you, the LN Hachiman and Anime Hachiman are two different people, anime Hachiman's just a husk of his actual self. Same with Yukino, and Yui and Iroha were glorified by anime to this unrealistic ideal girls than they were originally, and Yukino was nerfed to death to be on their level, all to maintain the "mystery" of who would win even though it was pretty much guranteed from vol 1 that it would be either Yukino ending or loner ending with how much Hachiman thinks about Yukino whenever they meet, wouldnt be far fetched to say that half the 17 volumes are just Hachiman going shakespeare mode on emphasizing Yukino..

Like I said, one of the best, and I'm not kidding here, possibly the best couple in all of anime was nerfed to death by studio. Ep 11's confession should tell you enough how much was cut out for Hachiman to feel that way about Yukino, the writing and their chemistry in that ep is how they usually interact when the situation isnt usually complicated, but anime cuts it out, so a series with realistic characters is intead turned into a harem. Hint that anime is not faithful : Iroha is actually chasing after Hayama, Hachiman's a side fling for her which she would accept if he tries, but her main end goal is still Hayama, anime instead changes it to her actually likimg Hachiman more, ergo, Harem vibes...

Srry if you didnt like the season, the season was easily supposed to be the best in terms of adapting but they still messed up.. big time..

Before I got into this series my friend who did read the LN pretty much gave the same speech to me (I didn't start watching till early this year). This is why I'm not upset at all about Yukino winning as I was told in the LN it was made clear from the get go. In the anime it was less obvious but the signs were still there.

Ultimately though this board is for the anime, specifically season 3. The quality of the LN doesn't excuse how the season butchered things. I will say that I hope in the LN Yui and other characters got proper closure. Especially Yui, who hopefully didn't just "get over it". Considering that there is a continuation to the LN I'm guessing the author does want to expand on it so there's still hope for a sequel to make things better.
Sep 30, 2020 9:24 PM
Jun 2020
h0ll0wxvict0ry said:
A_G_N said:

Before I got into this series my friend who did read the LN pretty much gave the same speech to me (I didn't start watching till early this year). This is why I'm not upset at all about Yukino winning as I was told in the LN it was made clear from the get go. In the anime it was less obvious but the signs were still there.

Ultimately though this board is for the anime, specifically season 3. The quality of the LN doesn't excuse how the season butchered things. I will say that I hope in the LN Yui and other characters got proper closure. Especially Yui, who hopefully didn't just "get over it". Considering that there is a continuation to the LN I'm guessing the author does want to expand on it so there's still hope for a sequel to make things better.
Yh, the closure part, and conclusion to some other characters are left, sequel novel will do that I guess..
Sep 30, 2020 9:38 PM

Jul 2013
It was fine. But there doesn't seem to be a huge build up on Hachiman and Yuki's relationship then suddenly the next thing we know they're lovey-dovey. It just felt weird when both of them are recluse.
Oct 1, 2020 2:23 AM

May 2018
I would say it is decent ending. This depends on the shipping girl. However, I do feel 8man personality from this season compared to other seasons is not as good. I understand, 8man character devlopment but at the same time I do miss his personaity from the beginning

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Oct 1, 2020 2:37 AM
Jun 2020
raikkonen26 said:
It was fine. But there doesn't seem to be a huge build up on Hachiman and Yuki's relationship then suddenly the next thing we know they're lovey-dovey. It just felt weird when both of them are recluse.
Anime cut it out..
Oct 1, 2020 2:46 AM

Jan 2020
Dekata_Printoki said:
I hated this season .
The whole reason we looked up to 8man was because of his selflessness, the way he never takes credit for anything he does

This season ,he was totally selfish nothing like the 8man we know of,like look at how much he hurt yui , even after knowing her feelings for him.

I dont know what happened to watari for him to end such a master piece in the worst way possible ,but it was not like him to write such senseless trash

I don't know if you are joking or not. The whole point of Oregairu is to show Hachiman's development as a person and that most of Hachiman's past beliefs are actually flawed. His "selflessness" in the previous seasons, despite being effective to some extent, actually hurt a lot of people including him. The present Hachiman, who has decided to be a little "selfish", is rather doing a way better job in making everyone genuinely happy, himself included.
Oct 1, 2020 3:48 AM
Jul 2019
IrrelevantGuy said:
Dekata_Printoki said:
I hated this season .

I don't know if you are joking or not. The whole point of Oregairu is to show Hachiman's development as a person and that most of Hachiman's past beliefs are actually flawed. His "selflessness" in the previous seasons, despite being effective to some extent, actually hurt a lot of people including him. The present Hachiman, who has decided to be a little "selfish", is rather doing a way better job in making everyone genuinely happy, himself included.

I know ,but what was the point of all the desperation for something genuine if the answer was a normie (raijuu) life
And don't get me wrong , I do love oregairu enough to read all the light novels , I just felt that the volume 1 to 7.5 was more painful and heartwarming at the same time , volume 10 to 14 just didn't have the same feels
Oct 1, 2020 4:42 AM

Jan 2020
Dekata_Printoki said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

I know ,but what was the point of all the desperation for something genuine if the answer was a normie (raijuu) life
And don't get me wrong , I do love oregairu enough to read all the light novels , I just felt that the volume 1 to 7.5 was more painful and heartwarming at the same time , volume 10 to 14 just didn't have the same feels

I don't think that Oregairu implies that the genuine thing is a "normie" life. Rather, Oregairu doesn't answer how and where you can find the genuine thing. Even Hachiman himself isn't sure that he would ever find the genuine thing. It's up to you to decide what the genuine thing actually is (I know it's the third time I used "the genuine thing"). That's what I understood from watching Kan at least.

But I can kinda understand why you are discontent with the ending. I don't have any issues with the ending myself, though.
Oct 1, 2020 5:31 AM

Apr 2016
It’s fine for me, it was clear from the very start that the ending would be this, from my point of view.
Oct 1, 2020 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
It was fine I guess since I saw it coming anyways. But still annoys me how Yukino holds no weight, just runs away from the issue or problem until Hachiman comes to save her unlike other Yui who actually take that leap forward to get what she wanted. Of course trying harder shouldn't reward you the win which makes sense but the story didn't give me any thought that Yukino deserved Hachiman other than the fact that he liked her and that they were compatible with eachother. Yukino goes from "save me someday" to "grant Yuis wish" to "I take it back" when Hachiman runs to her. Like how many time are you gunna change your mind, all you did was prolong everything and make the loser suffer more.
Oct 1, 2020 7:39 AM

Mar 2016
It was one hell of a poetic ending. I won’t lie when I say it did really save and carry the burden from the last 6 episodes’ sluggish fest (still never had a liking for the whole prom deal, but ultimately it didn’t weigh much into my personal ratings like I thought it could).
Oct 1, 2020 10:21 AM
Oct 2017
Wow, there's so many negative opinions. Butthurted yui shippers? Goddamn, could you have seen that coming? I never even had thought of yui ending up with hechiman. Although The whole prom arc was to promote yukinos role as the main interest. Ah calm down guys, its your fault for even deluding yourself to think yui had a chance with him. Hachiman fall in love with yukino, doesn't matter how much yui has done for him, it was all started from pure guilt after all.
Oct 1, 2020 11:54 AM
Jun 2020
return30223 said:
It was fine I guess since I saw it coming anyways. But still annoys me how Yukino holds no weight, just runs away from the issue or problem until Hachiman comes to save her unlike other Yui who actually take that leap forward to get what she wanted. Of course trying harder shouldn't reward you the win which makes sense but the story didn't give me any thought that Yukino deserved Hachiman other than the fact that he liked her and that they were compatible with eachother. Yukino goes from "save me someday" to "grant Yuis wish" to "I take it back" when Hachiman runs to her. Like how many time are you gunna change your mind, all you did was prolong everything and make the loser suffer more.
Its actually the other way around, Yui and codependency is what was used to prolong them from ending up together, Yukino's insecure, she wouodnt have cared before(s1) but after gaining friends, she values them more than she does her ownself to the point fo exhaustion, she genuinly believed Yui was better for Hachiman because of how much they hung out this season, also then codependency was used, and Yukino was sure that she was a burden to their relationship and moves away, if literally every Yukino monologue wasnt butchered, this would be clear as crystal, and for Yui suffering, she kinda did that to herself, she's already been rejected indirectly atleast three times(first one being s2 last ep), she had given up until Yukino gets manipulated into thinking she's bad for Hachiman, for which then Yui gets hopeful that she can have Hachiman and pulls some "selfish acts" which is literally impossible to witness it in anime because its cut off in anime. Hachiman's stuff too is...

Lets just say all the points you mentioned didnt really happen the way it did, anime adaptation butchered it to death, no other reasoning can be given really..
Oct 1, 2020 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
A_G_N said:
return30223 said:
Its actually the other way around, Yui and codependency is what was used to prolong them from ending up together, Yukino's insecure, she wouodnt have cared before(s1) but after gaining friends, she values them more than she does her ownself to the point fo exhaustion, she genuinly believed Yui was better for Hachiman because of how much they hung out this season, also then codependency was used, and Yukino was sure that she was a burden to their relationship and moves away, if literally every Yukino monologue wasnt butchered, this would be clear as crystal, and for Yui suffering, she kinda did that to herself, she's already been rejected indirectly atleast three times(first one being s2 last ep), she had given up until Yukino gets manipulated into thinking she's bad for Hachiman, for which then Yui gets hopeful that she can have Hachiman and pulls some "selfish acts" which is literally impossible to witness it in anime because its cut off in anime. Hachiman's stuff too is...

Lets just say all the points you mentioned didnt really happen the way it did, anime adaptation butchered it to death, no other reasoning can be given really..

I've read the LN and that dosent change the fact that Yukino didnt pull any weight and Hachiman always came to save her. The monolouges only show her thoughts and that only shows her emotions im talking about what she actually did to try for Hachiman which is not much but him saving her. And valuing others more than oneself is true and not true, in the end she still went with Hachiman so I guess it was more valuable than her giving up her 'wish'. As for suffering downplaying by saying it was done to oneself dosent make it any better, in reality everyone could avoid their suffering in this case if they wanted to its not like anyone was forcing Hachiman and Yukino to suffer because of the love triangle as well they could have ended it early.. And bruh really? Lol.. manipulated into thinking shes bad for Hachiman, now thats some next level of victimizing. It's her choice into thinking if shes good than Hachiman, stop acting like Yui manipulated her into thinking she wasnt a good fit for him? Thats such a reach.
Oct 1, 2020 5:04 PM
Feb 2018
I dont really care about the shipping thing. I’ve just missed the old hachiman. The famous quotes, the monologue theme, etc..
Oct 1, 2020 9:42 PM
Jun 2020
return30223 said:
A_G_N said:

I've read the LN and that dosent change the fact that Yukino didnt pull any weight and Hachiman always came to save her. The monolouges only show her thoughts and that only shows her emotions im talking about what she actually did to try for Hachiman which is not much but him saving her. And valuing others more than oneself is true and not true, in the end she still went with Hachiman so I guess it was more valuable than her giving up her 'wish'. As for suffering downplaying by saying it was done to oneself dosent make it any better, in reality everyone could avoid their suffering in this case if they wanted to its not like anyone was forcing Hachiman and Yukino to suffer because of the love triangle as well they could have ended it early.. And bruh really? Lol.. manipulated into thinking shes bad for Hachiman, now thats some next level of victimizing. It's her choice into thinking if shes good than Hachiman, stop acting like Yui manipulated her into thinking she wasnt a good fit for him? Thats such a reach.
No no, Yui didnt, Haruno did, with her codependency, not Yui...

And for Yukino not helping Hachiman, since the 1st vol, Yukino's been trying to change him, all of her grievances in s2 was her trying to change his way of thinking and stop his self sacrifices, in the last 3 vols, Hachimam doesnt really need help, he needed guidance, which only Sensei could give, Yukino was being insecure that last 3 vols, she doesnt trust her decisions in those vols, so she acceots whatever Haruno says, her situation and other reasonings led her to this conclusion. And for Hachiman "saving her", I dont think he really did "save her", he was saving himself if I'm really being frank, Hachiman himself says in the novel that only his idea for the 2nd prom is his, everything else is still done by Yukino herself, he states that he's only a helper to her and not really the actual planner, and he's right, Hachiman actually only comes up with the 2nd prom idea and nothing else, even that was done with everybody's help, while the 1st prom was entirely planned by Yukino.

Yukino in the last 3 vols didnt actually need any help, her independent was a personal goal more than something she desperately needs for her character to grow, since she's already done stuff independently before, she really didnt need to prove anything, but in her mind, thats not enough. Almost like she only wanted it do it to prove something to her sister and mother, understandable since her entire life she's been compared to her sister and her mother did the same, so she wanted to prove them wrong, but even Hachiman and even us know that it really wasnt neccessary as she didnt need to that, but it was her personal goal and Hachiman respected that, thats why he goes along with it..

And for Yukino's actions, I'll just use this in-depth analysis of Yukino's character by an redditor, since explaining her situation is pretty hard, just read this to understand it - https://www.reddit.com/r/OreGairuSNAFU/comments/j38tq4/concerning_yukino_and_her_development/?
A_G_NOct 1, 2020 10:19 PM
Oct 2, 2020 1:07 AM

Sep 2016
(If you get the meme)

Normal Pooh: I love you.

Posh Pooh: Co-dependence. Can't be together but I won't leave you. No words can describe it. Genuine. [Insert various vague descriptions for 12 episodes to make a season out of it]
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Oct 2, 2020 3:08 AM

Aug 2017
well as an oregairu fans. i am satisfied, and at the final episode yukino finally confess her feeling towards 8man.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2020 4:59 AM

May 2018
k4fourteen said:
well as an oregairu fans. i am satisfied, and at the final episode yukino finally confess her feeling towards 8man.

I am a Oregairu fan and Yui plus Iroha deserve a ending outcome just like Yukinos final episode

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Oct 2, 2020 6:03 AM

Aug 2017
Chizuru_Mizuhara said:
k4fourteen said:

I am a Oregairu fan and Yui plus Iroha deserve a ending outcome just like Yukinos final episode

u can play oregairu vn game if u want their route
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2020 8:25 AM
Apr 2011
Gahama T-T
Is just so strange seeing Hachiman and Yukino together..
Oct 2, 2020 8:34 AM

May 2020
Dekata_Printoki said:
I hated this season .

Just stop spreading hate on forums for every damn popular anime... thats all i can say. I mean this question is just pointless. Also Hachiman was always selfish. If you dont know that than maybe you dont really dont know the meaning of word *selfish*.
Now Please dont send me hateful private messages or some crap like that i am a die hard fan of Oregaairu or i am a simp for yukino blah blah.... I have seen this a lot..
My MALoween✟Mansion 2022 Candies :
Oct 2, 2020 9:20 AM
Sep 2020
Hikki_Senpai said:
Dekata_Printoki said:
I hated this season .

Just stop spreading hate on forums for every damn popular anime... thats all i can say. I mean this question is just pointless. Also Hachiman was always selfish. If you dont know that than maybe you dont really dont know the meaning of word *selfish*.
Now Please dont send me hateful private messages or some crap like that i am a die hard fan of Oregaairu or i am a simp for yukino blah blah.... I have seen this a lot..

Die hard fans of oregairu and top simps for yukino would agree that this season was trash. Coming from die hard oregairu fan (read ln 4 times, read the manga 4 times, watched s1 and s2 10 times)
Oct 2, 2020 9:23 AM

May 2020
HHYYBS said:
Hikki_Senpai said:

Die hard fans of oregairu and top simps for yukino would agree that this season was trash.
NICE......................
My MALoween✟Mansion 2022 Candies :
Oct 2, 2020 2:02 PM

Sep 2020
It was beautiful.
I'm crying, fellas.
Oct 2, 2020 3:19 PM

Sep 2009
Hikki_Senpai said:
Dekata_Printoki said:
I hated this season .

As a person Hachiman might have selfish desires, but throughout the seasons he has always done things for the betterment of others while at a detriment to himself. Think back to the school festival and school trip arcs. How does it benefit him to set himself up as a jerk? What sort of selfish person go to that lengths for others? Now the argument can be made that he is stubborn and refuses to do things in other ways but this does not equate to being selfish.

Now would the Hachiman in previous seasons hurt Yui? Yes, but only in that he's not romantically interested in her. Rejecting her is one thing, but think back to what he said to her on the bench. Once the club ends he wouldn't have any reason to see Yukino, and since he doesn't follow up with people they would essentially stop associating with each other. Since he knows he's going to pursue Yukino romantically, doesn't that imply he is fine if he and Yui stopped associating with each other? I think the Hachiman we knew would have genuinely told Yui about how he sees her as a friend only, without all that bullshit about stop associating. This is unless of course he says that to her knowing she won't stop trying despite what he says, which makes him an even bigger selfish jerk: "I don't want to date you and won't make efforts to be your friend. But if you keep approaching me maybe we can hang out sometime".

Like I previously mentioned in this thread and other threads a big problem with S3 is the lack of consequences. Previously when Hachiman pulled his stunts it always had negative repercussions. There was none of this in S3, and everything happens according to to Hachiman's keikaku flawlessly. Yukimom doesn't hate him for strongarming her with the car accident. Prom 2 gets carried out despite no budget. Hell, even Yui comes crawling back to the club. It's almost like Hachiman was writing the script himself and made it as easy for him and Yukino as possible.
h0ll0wxvict0ryOct 2, 2020 3:26 PM
Oct 3, 2020 6:30 AM

Mar 2012
A_G_N said:
h0ll0wxvict0ry said:

Then what is the purpose of Yui's presence in the LN, why is she in the story ?
I asked it frankly, because I don't like oregairu's characters apart from Iroha and Yui so I won't read it but I'm still curious and I know from the start that she doesn't have a chance (that it's stupid for a harem, even if it's the same in most of them, and yeah maybe the LN wasn't an harem but the anime is (to me)) and I've read that it's even more obvious in the LN because of the Yukino focus.

I don't plan to watch the S3 too.
(Yeah I hate edgy guys&girls like 8man&Yukino are showed in the anime version, maybe because I'm pretty friendly IRL as Yui or Iroha myself and I don't like the way of thinking of the MC here.)
Oct 3, 2020 7:42 AM
Jun 2020
HaarWyvern said:
A_G_N said:

I asked it frankly, because I don't like oregairu's characters apart from Iroha and Yui so I won't read it but I'm still curious and I know from the start that she doesn't have a chance (that it's stupid for a harem, even if it's the same in most of them, and yeah maybe the LN wasn't an harem but the anime is (to me)) and I've read that it's even more obvious in the LN because of the Yukino focus.

(Yeah I hate edgy guys&girls like 8man&Yukino are showed in the anime version, maybe because I'm pretty friendly IRL as Yui or Iroha myself and I don't like the way of thinking of the MC here.)
The purpose of the Yui scenes was to show how pained Hachiman was when he wasnt with Yukino, akd was with Yui, it showed how he cant be without Yukino, his monolgues show that the club was the only way for him to associate with Yukino. But anime cuts everything out, so thats why...

Yui's purpose in the story, tbh, everyone apart from Hachiman and Yukino are just plot devices if you look at it from a different perspective, albeit really really well done plot devices, atleast in the LN it is..

Now if you only like Yui and Iroha, its understandble since s2 glorified them both and made them look ideal to keep up with Yukino who was also really really nerfed to be equal to them, s3 dials back o Iroha a bit, but fully makes Yui scenes glorifed to max level, while cutting and changing Yukino scenes to make her appear less "sweet" atleast 50% of her and Hachiman's stuff was cut, and if Edginess is why you dont like them, thats fine, nobody likes their edgy selves that they had at the beginning, but it was understandable because of their shitty lives and so they created a barrier of edginess and coldess to help protect themselves, the whole point of the series is to make them normal at the end, s2 cut a lot of sweet moments of Hachiman and Yukino, atleast 30% was cut, but the last two eps of s3 which was basically copy pasted from LN, so it wasnt trash, shows how both of them are on the inside, if you dont plan on watching s3 thats fine, but if you wanna know how they are, watch the last two eps, that shows how Yukino is just a simple sweet girl with insecurites too, and how Hachiman is just a normal boy, albeit matured from his edgy self...
A_G_NOct 3, 2020 7:52 AM
Oct 3, 2020 8:10 AM

May 2009
Did they cover everything from the Light Novel? This has officially ended?

The prom arc was a drag definitely. Honestly I didn't remember much of S1 (I read the wiki summary to catch up) and I picked up from S2 E7 for a recap of the feelings.. going by that I felt like this series probably wouldn't have a ship. And if a ship did happen, I was actually hoping it would have been Isshiki x Hachiman. She was a faaaaaaaar better match for Hachiman, and honestly the whole "genuineness" Hachiman was seeking was much more evident with Isshiki than with any of the other two female leads. Isshiki x Hachiman were way more open and honest with each other through the entire series, and the way the fondness between them developed actually had a lot of growth. And so rightly did Komachi instantly notice this personality match in Isshiki with their first meeting.
And I don't understand what she saw in Hayato at all. Even when she confessed to Hayato, didn't Hayato say it felt as if he saw that Isshiki's feelings didn't feel like they were fully directed at him?

Yui x Yukino x Hachiman was definitely a whole set of distorted feelings, and it really needed to end. But they left no gap whatsoever between the "ending" and that "confession". I honestly thought it wasn't a love confession, that it was something deeper they sought to maintain, but then the next episode the whole dating and I love you bits came in, and it left me feeling flat, like.. wutt? -_-

And yet, Yui openly confessing to both of them in front of others was surprising. And just the fact that she says that it appears he has someone like a girlfriend made me more agreeable to the finale. It showed there was still an opening, and it wasn't necessarily a ship per se. Ahhhhhh so confusing, neeee!

Having said that, the dialogues were really good, and the vagueness of real life relationships definitely seeped in well. So I'm definitely confused about how I should rate this. And I wonder if my opinion of this ending would change if I tried to re-watch from S1 again. But I aint gonna be doing that. Nope.

Edit:
A_G_N said:

Hachiman's actions does have consequences but anime cuts everything out, anime also cuts out 70% of Hachiman monologues which states how helpless he is this season, this season was him finally finding the courage to let go of his self worth issues and finally go for his selfish wish in the clearest manner possible.

[...]

Huh.. soo ka naaaa... naruhodo... Welp, that's where I guess the characters started flatlining in the anime huh..

Reading 17 volumes.. nah, I'll pass it for now. I don't have that much free time. `_`
KundaliniOct 3, 2020 8:44 AM
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Oct 3, 2020 8:25 AM

Mar 2012
A_G_N said:
HaarWyvern said:

The purpose of the Yui scenes was to show how pained Hachiman was when he wasnt with Yukino, akd was with Yui, it showed how he cant be without Yukino, his monolgues show that the club was the only way for him to associate with Yukino. But anime cuts everything out, so thats why...

Yui's purpose in the story, tbh, everyone apart from Hachiman and Yukino are just plot devices if you look at it from a different perspective, albeit really really well done plot devices, atleast in the LN it is..

Now if you only like Yui and Iroha, its understandble since s2 glorified them both and made them look ideal to keep up with Yukino who was also really really nerfed to be equal to them, s3 dials back o Iroha a bit, but fully makes Yui scenes glorifed to max level, while cutting and changing Yukino scenes to make her appear less "sweet" atleast 50% of her and Hachiman's stuff was cut, and if Edginess is why you dont like them, thats fine, nobody likes their edgy selves that they had at the beginning, but it was understandable because of their shitty lives and so they created a barrier of edginess and coldess to help protect themselves, the whole point of the series is to make them normal at the end, s2 cut a lot of sweet moments of Hachiman and Yukino, atleast 30% was cut, but the last two eps of s3 which was basically copy pasted from LN, so it wasnt trash, shows how both of them are on the inside, if you dont plan on watching s3 thats fine, but if you wanna know how they are, watch the last two eps, that shows how Yukino is just a simple sweet girl with insecurites too, and how Hachiman is just a normal boy, albeit matured from his edgy self...

Ok, big thanks for the answer !
Dunno what I will do, I'm not planning to watch it soon, but one day.. for not having a biased viewpoint.
Oct 3, 2020 8:41 AM

Aug 2018
The ending left me thinking that's it, even though this is a recurring theme with most romance anime
_______I like rocks__
Oct 3, 2020 9:24 AM
Jun 2020
Kundalini said:
Did they cover everything from the Light Novel? This has officially ended?

The prom arc was a drag definitely. Honestly I didn't remember much of S1 (I read the wiki summary to catch up) and I picked up from S2 E7 for a recap of the feelings.. going by that I felt like this series probably wouldn't have a ship. And if a ship did happen, I was actually hoping it would have been Isshiki x Hachiman. She was a faaaaaaaar better match for Hachiman, and honestly the whole "genuineness" Hachiman was seeking was much more evident with Isshiki than with any of the other two female leads. Isshiki x Hachiman were way more open and honest with each other through the entire series, and the way the fondness between them developed actually had a lot of growth. And so rightly did Komachi instantly notice this personality match in Isshiki with their first meeting.
And I don't understand what she saw in Hayato at all. Even when she confessed to Hayato, didn't Hayato say it felt as if he saw that Isshiki's feelings didn't feel like they were fully directed at him?

Yui x Yukino x Hachiman was definitely a whole set of distorted feelings, and it really needed to end. But they left no gap whatsoever between the "ending" and that "confession". I honestly thought it wasn't a love confession, that it was something deeper they sought to maintain, but then the next episode the whole dating and I love you bits came in, and it left me feeling flat, like.. wutt? -_-

And yet, Yui openly confessing to both of them in front of others was surprising. And just the fact that she says that it appears he has someone like a girlfriend made me more agreeable to the finale. It showed there was still an opening, and it wasn't necessarily a ship per se. Ahhhhhh so confusing, neeee!

Having said that, the dialogues were really good, and the vagueness of real life relationships definitely seeped in well. So I'm definitely confused about how I should rate this. And I wonder if my opinion of this ending would change if I tried to re-watch from S1 again. But I aint gonna be doing that. Nope.

Edit:
A_G_N said:

Hachiman's actions does have consequences but anime cuts everything out, anime also cuts out 70% of Hachiman monologues which states how helpless he is this season, this season was him finally finding the courage to let go of his self worth issues and finally go for his selfish wish in the clearest manner possible.

[...]

Huh.. soo ka naaaa... naruhodo... Welp, that's where I guess the characters started flatlining in the anime huh..

Reading 17 volumes.. nah, I'll pass it for now. I don't have that much free time. `_`
Well, there's always manga, two mangas, one which follows LN and another which follows anime, infinite times better than anime

LN>>Manga>>>>>>>>>Anime
A_G_NOct 3, 2020 11:42 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

488 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:45 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

421 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.