Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 27, 2020 2:22 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That a really fun and wild ride! I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. I think the WTF and over the top moments were done well and fit the tone of the series really well. Even though I felt that the villain was a bit over the top, the ending was funny though, how he was just mouthing off in the trunk, lol. Stuff like that makes any previous nit-picks I had to be "forgiven" XD Like how ridiculous Appare's car was, but it didn't matter because it went all out on the craziness, especially this last episode where it actually flew for a few seconds and rode against the building walls LOL. Amazing stuff!!!

It's not a deep story by any means, but I enjoyed the mild dramas throughout the series to develop the characters, and I loved Appare's character (emotional) growth by the end. His blushing faces were adorable~ I wouldn't mind another season of just wackiness and little to no drama, haha. Really ended up liking the whole cast ^^
Sep 27, 2020 5:42 PM
Jan 2019
What a fun and intense ending. I honestly really loved this show so much. The character development (for some of the characters) was really outstanding. Specially when it comes to Xia, Kosame, Appare and Hototo. The art, music/ost, to everything in between. Basically "Mothers Basement" explained it way better. Plus when ever a series makes me feel many emotions from sad, anger, happy and etc is considered one of my all time fav shows among all the other shows I've watched in my lifetime.

I got to say that Gil was actually one of my favourite "villians" I have seen in anime in a while. Sure he was defeated but dam that dude was literally bad ass evil.

Idc but I will forver ship Kosame and Xia until I die.

The fight when everyone vs Gil to TJ/Dylan vs Gil and the rest saving the train was totally awesome. Honestly maybe it is just me but the fight scenes in this show was really well done. Also when Xia beat up that lady and lady asked who is she..... Xia should of said it is me "DIO" (please someone make that into a meme lol) I can't forget also that Xia is one of the best girls this year in anime!

That ending was funny and almost made me cry again seeing Appare cry again but I knew Kosame would be behind him.....but Kosame saying "Ok, It was an american joke" Made me lol

I am really hoping forward to see if threre will be a season 2 soooooooo please come out with a season 2! I wanna see them flying high!
Sep 30, 2020 2:47 AM

Mar 2011
I have mixed feelings on this anime.

All in all I enjoyed it a lot but I can't help but feel a bit disappointing there was so little actual racing.

It was sold as a sort of 'wacky races' the anime and the entire race was pretty much skipped for a generic hostage plot. Was nice to see the characters develop though.

All in all a fun anime even if it wasn't what I expected.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Oct 2, 2020 3:21 AM

Oct 2008
so predictable that Kosame won't leave!
it was nice this show.
4/5.
7/10.

Oct 3, 2020 3:01 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Oh shit, TJ's actually kinda hot when he takes off the goggles. I wasn't expecting this and am not sure what to do about this. There's no rule 34 or anything. Who do I have to sue? This has to be illegal. This is a crying shame. We just can't ever have shit, can we? Gosh damn it.
Hmm? What are you talking about? Totally didn't say anything. OUO

Okay but really, like I said before, after I started to actually grow attached to the characters I started enjoying this SO much more. Oh my gosh. I thought it was a great choice to actually have folks work together, because going in I REALLY thought it was going to be a big ol' cast of crappy people-- like I was really annoyed by most of these characters at first and thought they were just going to stay crappy. But surprise surprise surprise, pretty much all of these folks are decent human beings. Right now, I keep emphasizing that humans can change and be good to the people who think people are a lost cause, so things like this really help remind that even if a person has a fault or two doesn't mean that they can't do good stuff, be a relatively good person, be enjoyable overall, and so on. But then there was me in the beginning totally like, "Thesecharacterssuck" BUT AT LEAST I STUCK WITH THEM and gave them a chance, and that's what I'm talking about: we can't just give up on humanity. People can change and people can grow. So this kinda... helped me get across what I've been trying to explain to people. Thank.

I had a nice ride. I'm glad they didn't just make it all about racing. Legitimately, when Appare was racing Al and pulled that trick, I reeeally thought it was just going to be a bunch of "miracle" moves that would get Appare and co out of last place all the time, but we got something else (though we did get that miracle stuff at the end, lol)! I'm not super sure if some of the Gil stuff made complete sense, but it's whatever. Had me hooked at least. Can't say much. I had fun, so that's all I really ask for sometimes.

EDIT: I'M GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT TJ WAS ATTRACTIVE AF.
Posting a screen crop for justice.

If you or a loved one watched Appare-Ranman in the last month and can't find any Rule 34 of TJ then you may be entitled to a significant cash award.
Maaan, I was so thirsty for some rule 34 TJ I had to fix my own drink if you know what I mean.

SwiggyOct 3, 2020 4:48 AM

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 4, 2020 6:17 AM
Mar 2012
Rough start & took awhile, but it gradually improved & the colorful characters start to grow on ya.
Liked the western campiness, the rare racing genre, fun osts & dynamic fights esp Xialian & Kosame. Seems paworks kept continuation open for flight nice.
Oct 4, 2020 9:09 AM

Feb 2014
This was a really fun ride while it lasted!

It was pretty hype when it showed both Dylan and an unmasked TJ beating the crap out of Gil and Appare using his car and the BOOST to stop the train simultaneously.

Not only did they succeed in stopping the train, saving Sofia and capturing Gil, they did resume the race after a small timeskip and, predictably and thankfully, Appare won it in comedic fashion via flying around the corner and riding sideways on a massive building. It sums up the wackiness of this series as a whole. XD

At least Appare and Kosame decided to stay in America in the end, as Appare wanted to focus on making his very own airplane. If Dastardly and Muttley can have their own flying machine spin-off, then I would like to see this series get a sequel focused on Appare's flying machine, too!

Either way, Appare-Ranman gets an 8/10 from me and like with Deca-Dence, both deserve a higher score than what they have right now.
Oct 6, 2020 11:50 PM
Jan 2017
very good ending of the season,
the action and the Battle was very good.. i like this anime so much..
since rezero s2 ending still too mucH mystery or anos sama is idol ending.. this is better than both.
8/10
Oct 10, 2020 1:34 AM

Jan 2019
No fucking wayyyy they stopped that train with a car
Oct 17, 2020 4:29 AM

Jul 2015
Stopping a train with a car. Perfect, just the over-the-top BS I expected and wanted from this. It was fun.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 21, 2020 7:43 AM
Dec 2014
Am I the only one who found this show disappointing?

It felt like we got cheated out of watching a thrilling, crazy race and got stuck watching your average bad guy vs good guy routine. I wanted to see the cars continuously evolve throughout the race. I wanted to see the different courses they took. I wanted a fierce competition between serious drivers. Was that so much to ask?

Not to mention the whole teaming up of the drivers at the end there just felt so contrived. The fighting was unrealistic and boring to watch.

This anime had so much potential which is a real shame. After watching the first few episodes I couldn't believe it didn't have a higher score on MAL. Now I understand why.
Oct 26, 2020 4:20 AM

Jul 2015
Going to miss Hototo (no the other one), quite enjoyed this original series with its quirky cast and unique theme, bit underwhelming in certain aspects like where I kinda wish we got a bit more of a thrilling end race.

Oct 28, 2020 3:34 PM

Dec 2013
ExoticPineapple said:
Am I the only one who found this show disappointing?

It felt like we got cheated out of watching a thrilling, crazy race and got stuck watching your average bad guy vs good guy routine. I wanted to see the cars continuously evolve throughout the race. I wanted to see the different courses they took. I wanted a fierce competition between serious drivers. Was that so much to ask?

Not to mention the whole teaming up of the drivers at the end there just felt so contrived. The fighting was unrealistic and boring to watch.

This anime had so much potential which is a real shame. After watching the first few episodes I couldn't believe it didn't have a higher score on MAL. Now I understand why.

Yeah, I'm kinda sad we spent so much time on the bad guy and not the race itself. Even if they just shortened that part and gave us more time with them racing this would have been an easy 8/10 for me.
Dec 4, 2020 1:35 AM

Mar 2017
I seem to have found this anime a little after everyone else. It was good but I feel kinda disappointed. I was hoping overall this anime was some Wacky Races type of show, and to some extent it was. But I wouldn’t say the race was the main focus like it should’ve been. I mean they didn’t even start racing until the 5th episode or so. I thought “there’s no way they’ll cross the country in just 8 episodes” but with that ending timeskip they did. I thought maybe it was going to end in whatever town they were in presumably in Illinois where they fought Gil, and then a 2nd season focusing on maybe a new villain or challenges. The ending felt rushed, but I guess they had to do it in just 13 episodes.

Since Appare mentioned building a plane, I hope that we get a season 2 and there’s an around the world airplane race. It was definitely set up at the end for a season 2 like that.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 27, 2020 9:27 PM

Apr 2020
Appare's car is, in all honesty, able to fly if given enough velocity, but it can't be controlled easily… Think of the car structure and the propeller's position, and flying is a real possibility.

Jan 24, 2021 9:55 PM
Jan 2021
What can I say? Kick ass black character, pretty fun racing scenes. I loved it! Appare is a very relatable character in some ways, as I watched this with my father and we both have Asperger's. Seeing his character development was like a slap in the face! I love that it wasn't *just* racing either. This fun little wild west back theme, all of these different cultures coming together, I absolutely loved it.

10/10!
Feb 18, 2021 1:02 PM

Jul 2014
Honestly, I feel cheated by this show. I was hoping for and, from the plot synopsis, expecting a racing show, only for it to devolve into a mediocre combat series with inconsistent character strengths and generic motivations. In many ways, episode 10 onwards feels like it was trying way too hard to be cool and ended up falling flat on its face because of it.

The entire Gil subplot could have been left out and we could have had fun, interesting races throughout the show. The fact that we didn't is a shame, as the brief race we got after the timeskip shows it could have been done. That's perhaps souring my overall view of the show more than it should, so I'll give it a 6/10.
Apr 6, 2021 2:27 PM

Sep 2007
Finally caught up, MAN what a fun show. Needs more racing tho. And Xia Lian/ Kosame romance subplot. Hella underrated. 9/10
May 7, 2021 10:12 AM
Jul 2015
In the beginning of the series I'm a bit skeptical for how would the story tend to be. The majority of ppl might prefer for pure race complemented with scientific engineer, though for me it would be boring since you could find any other place for those stuffs, not within anime.
9/10
May 25, 2021 10:19 AM

Jul 2019
I actually enjoyed this, even if the writing was a bit trash. Genuinely quite fun.

Fighting was good. Race was hype. Sofia best girl.

Give this 7/10.
Jun 18, 2021 4:31 PM

Jun 2019
My 139th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Aug 24, 2021 5:38 AM

Aug 2017
Finished this a few days ago. One of the worst endings i've ever seen. This anime went downhill after a while, it has no idea what it wants to be. Racing anime? Ok. Revenge anime? Ok. Action anime? Ok. JUST DECIDE.

Appare, Kosame and Hototo are the worst characters here. They don't have personality, their interactions are extremely forced. Imagine me caring about Appare and Kosame friendship when Appare don't give a fuck about Kosame during half of anime and suddenly we should care about them. Seriously. Kosame is terrible, his generic past isn't an excuse to refuse to help their friends when they're in danger. Heh, he could save everyone from Gil's gang in one episode, its just an excuse to make the same episode longer. Hototo is another annoying character with other past I don't give a fuck without a proper context. Its funny cuz his resolution was anticlimactic despite the build-up from episode 1. The killer was a generic member from Gil's gang, seriously??. Also, he becomes irrelevant after that lol. Wouldn't it have been a better idea if the real Gil was the true killer and not one of his subordinates? The rest of characters -except the two brothers cuz honestly they suck- are much better, Xia Lian, Al, Dylan, TJ (unfortunately Dylan and TJ don't have closure in the anime for some unexplained reason). Its a shame they have less screentime or only one episode for one of them like Xia Lin cuz they're far more interesting than the main cast. The plot armor for the main cast is annoying too, Kosame should be dead after being shot and wtf with Seth and Chase staying alive after being shot, its worse with Chase since he was shot TWICE in that town. Its obvious the anime has a bias for everyone who isn't from the main cast since random people -both antagonists and civilians- are immediately killed. Logic is another thing that doesn't exist, they are using a train to blow up the station so why they don't destroy the cars like they did at first. Also, I dislike how everyone forget what Chase and his brother did, Chase was acting like a dick since his introduction, he attempted to sabotage the race and that could cause deaths if Hototo had never warned the rest! After his revelation, he's a completely different character, man wtf?

Seriously, this anime is terrible and thankfully we'll never see a S2 :)). 2/10 for the anime.
NurguburuAug 24, 2021 6:09 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 2, 2021 1:33 AM

Nov 2019
Weird series.

At first it reminded me a little of Nobunaga the Fool, and of course there's the Redline and Cowboy Bebop comparisons, but the narrative kind of falls apart the moment the racers start having to work together and never recovers.

It just doesn't really know what kind of show it wants to be.
Jan 2, 2022 8:31 AM

Mar 2021
Little late but here my review, that was a really cool surprise for me at the moment, loved this anime and I think its underated !

Love the characters and story, really nice twists as I thought it was gonna be just a race with cars, but actually not, more than that with fights and other stuff ^^

Planning to get the manga because its good
Jan 23, 2022 11:58 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty decent show. Bit predictable but decently executed and characters were fun. Though race got a bit underwhelming due to the plot stops and also the language difference thing was ignored at the same time made worse due to occasional english catch phrase. Overall i still enjoyed it.
AdampkJan 23, 2022 12:05 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jan 6, 2023 6:55 AM

Jan 2021
TJ turned out to be very good-looking when he takes off his mask! Hahaha.

While Dylan's words are true, I really hope Gil actually dies for real. It's too bad he's still breathing...

It's nice to see that Appare is now able to sympathize and feel connected to people, while still having the motivation to build his car better. And the result? The car can fly! XD that's honestly very cool but also not too surprising since it uses steam power BUT still, that's just crazy xD that's Appare, Kosame and Hototo for you. I've wondered what if Appare's car could fly but I never thought I'd actually see it.

I actually came here expecting to see a race that was if not amazing, at least fun. Well, it was fun, but there was hardly any racing. I still enjoyed it though, and the characters were likeable (except Gil).

May 27, 2023 7:23 AM

Dec 2022
I don't know, I feel like we didn't get much of an adventure here. They raced a little bit and then the story got sidetracked by other stuff.
Oct 27, 2023 2:39 PM

Aug 2018
We finally got that intense battle against Gil! And I must say, it was pretty intense, and even with a plan, they weren't able to attack him. Gil is really strong, and the group still also had to do something about the train. Fortunately, TJ and Dylan appeared just on time for the group to focus on the train. I was expecting them to do a bit more to the Gil, but it's ok. I was a bit surprised on how TJ and Dylan were having a hard time though, if they are all of the same strenght, how is 2 vs 1 not a "easy" task?
The action with the train was also really cool, with Al going with it all to save Sofia! Overall, it was kind of obvious Appare was going to stop the train with his own car, but the steam motor was a surprise.
I'm surprised they ended up doing the race, and obviously our protagonist Appare wins! Although the race scene was really unrealistic when it comes to physics, it was cool to see nonetheless. I'm glad that Appare won though!
I was not expecting to make such a drama with the parting ways of the crew, and I honestly enjoyed, they were together for a long time, agaisnt a lot of adversities, so it's normal for them to get close, so the goodbyes were sad to see.
The best part of the episode was, without a doubt, the last scene with Kosame and Appare, when he said he wanted to go to the Moon with Kosame, that was really cute and moving!

(Edit: Spelling)

Overall, I found the series really entertaining to see, but the story was predictable and really rushed. As many people, I'm also really disappointed with the lack of races in a racing Anime, and I found this last arc a bit too distracting from what the anime is supposed to be about. The characters were interesting, and had a personality to them, but they didn't have a lot of time to develop. The anime was visually really good though! And the soundtrack used was also really fitting. So i do think this anime had some really good moments, but it could have been much better in my opinion, it had a really strong premise, and just kind of deviated from it. I didn't see the evolution of the plotline as natural, and it would have beneficiated from a 2 cour anime much more.
But the spirit was there, so, for me, this anime is a 7/10!
PokefanPTOct 28, 2023 4:45 PM
Nov 10, 2023 1:21 AM
Aug 2022
Should have stuck to the racing plot.
Dec 10, 2023 3:07 PM
Mar 2020
after like 3 years i finally watched the last episode, and i'm glad i did
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Appare-Ranman! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

55 by Selleri_UmU »»
Apr 11, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Appare-Ranman! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Marinate1016 - Apr 24, 2020

77 by Selleri_UmU »»
Apr 10, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Appare-Ranman! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

45 by RyshaiLord »»
Dec 4, 2023 4:31 PM

Poll: » Appare-Ranman! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

83 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 9, 2023 3:37 PM

Poll: » Appare-Ranman! Episode 7 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Aug 14, 2020

30 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.