Forum Settings
Forums

are male and female relationships complicated?

New
Sep 24, 2020 8:43 PM

Jan 2017
i am talking about both aromantic (friends) and romantic (lovers)

with male to male relationships, they seem a lot more easier to form. there is this unspoken brotherhood, or "brocode".

with women, i feel like men need to jump through some hoops and bend backwards a little more.

“The interaction of men and women isn’t very logical.” – Ritsuko Akagi

Sep 24, 2020 9:16 PM
Jul 2018
@p0ckyy, I actually got sick and tired of all the IRL females (one of the reasons) because of your threads, so take that as a note and stick it to your forehead, lol.
Sep 24, 2020 9:28 PM

Jul 2016
relationships between anyone is really illogical, it's not a sex thing you only see it as it is
Sep 24, 2020 9:30 PM

May 2014
i guess this is how you end up after watching too much NGE
Sep 24, 2020 9:33 PM

Dec 2016
Uh, most relation ships are complicated anyways, but I can see how gender can make things worse. I have an easier time talking to woman that are strangers than men that are strangers and many people may have it the same way and the other way around.
heh.
Sep 24, 2020 9:40 PM
Dec 2017
i don't bother with relationships at all and you just motivated me even more to stay away from romance all together. Also good luck for finding someone to swallow your cum. I really do hope you do have your all of wishes come true.

Sep 24, 2020 9:43 PM

Jan 2009
its the hedgehog dilemma you should have seen that coming since youre a fan of Evangelion

"women are the greatest mystery" - Stephen Hawking lol
Sep 24, 2020 9:54 PM

Jun 2020
u been good lately dawg? too much nge buddy
Sep 24, 2020 10:20 PM

Jan 2020
It's true OP, check out the article below. When I'm thinking about my male friends, I only remember the good times. But with women, it's mixed so the study must be true.

Men Are More Satisfied By ‘Bromances’ Than Their Romantic Relationships, Study Says

Young men get more emotional satisfaction out of “bromances”—close, heterosexual friendships with other males—than they do out of romantic relationships with women, according to a small new study published in Men and Masculinities.

Intimate male friendships have become more socially acceptable in recent years, say the study authors, and that’s largely a good thing. But they caution that the shift could lead to weaker bonds among dating or married couples, or even reduce the likelihood of men and women pairing up at all.
https://time.com/4978727/bromance-male-friendships/
"You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe."
Rei Ayanami
Sep 24, 2020 10:23 PM

May 2013
They're very complicated, it's like a bee trying to fuck a bird. How the fuck can you do it?
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 24, 2020 10:25 PM

Mar 2019
Personally, I have always had a much easier time getting along with guys. Even all the girls I've known have admitted that girls are much more difficult to get along with.

I don't think its just because of bro code, its because guys and interactions between guys are simple. Guys are kind of minimalist by nature and it makes them easier to get along with.

@vuxk

That is pretty true tbh, especially this quote...

"Overall, the students reported feeling less judged by their close male friends than by their girlfriends. In the words of one participant, “Tim knows I love listening to Taylor Swift and Beyonce, but I keep that quiet [around my girlfriend] because she would judge me. I feel like I have to be more manly around her.”

I find it weird though that they mention close male friends being physically intimate like cuddling one another. That sort of stuff would be very weird among my friends. We're close to one another but that's going off into sexual territory.
Ryuk9428Sep 24, 2020 10:31 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2020 10:34 PM
Jul 2018
Every relationship is complicated. /thread

No seriously, I get along with some people and with others I don't. That has nothing to with gender.
Sep 24, 2020 10:41 PM

Jan 2020
Ryuk9428 said:

I find it weird though that they mention close male friends being physically intimate like cuddling one another. That sort of stuff would be very weird among my friends. We're close to one another but that's going off into sexual territory.

Yes, I also think it's weird and that's why I asked about bromance the other day lol. Cuddling with other guys would be in gay territory imo.
"You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe."
Rei Ayanami
Sep 24, 2020 10:57 PM

Mar 2019
vuxk said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Yes, I also think it's weird and that's why I asked about bromance the other day lol. Cuddling with other guys would be in gay territory imo.

I agree, its definitely gay. Its why I don't like the term "bromance" and prefer just saying "close male friend." Bromance seems to imply that its ambiguously gay.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2020 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
Every relationship is complicated. /thread

No seriously, I get along with some people and with others I don't. That has nothing to with gender.
Same. I barely see gender in a platonic relationship.
Sep 25, 2020 8:03 AM

Dec 2019
Honestly every relationship is complicated even if its then same gender its still complex
Sep 25, 2020 8:08 AM

Apr 2018
Men and women use language and logic differently
So it's somewhat true that the interaction between male and female isn't very logical
Sep 25, 2020 10:34 AM
May 2019
Yes all relationships are complicated cause humans are complicated.
Sep 25, 2020 10:54 AM

Aug 2018
Yeah I agree with you. I completely agree.

Sep 25, 2020 12:33 PM

Mar 2014
Nope. Not if you know how to communicate.
Sep 25, 2020 1:01 PM

Sep 2007
Is this the female equivalent of the body pillow?

Sep 25, 2020 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
They won't if you stop looking at girls like their a alien species.
Sep 25, 2020 1:37 PM

May 2013
Every relationship is complicated imo

It just depends on the people, some boys might find it easier to talk with girls and be more open

Sep 25, 2020 2:47 PM

Oct 2017
Most people are more comfortable talking to their own gender because we most probably grew up with our own gendered groups.

Sex and relationships are obviously more common with opposite genders, but they can still be friends if you just don't see them as a sex object. Mixed-gendered groups as teenagers that don't involve romance or sex are just as common as ones that do, I think.
BunilleSep 25, 2020 2:50 PM
Sep 25, 2020 3:42 PM

Jan 2009
lower your guard or AT field, allow some damage to be taken by you "no pain no gain" lol
Sep 25, 2020 3:50 PM

May 2020
Well, from my perspective, it’s just easier to form relationships with men in general.

I grew up having mostly guy friends, and I felt very close to all of them. I find associating with my own gender to be very hard, because I feel like there’s a barrier between women socially. What that is, idfk, but I could just never keep relationships with other girls for long. Maybe that’s just me, but that’s how I see it.
Sep 25, 2020 4:06 PM

Jun 2014
I just think it depends on the person.

With that said, some women are weird. One recently comes to mind. She complains about being abandoned by people and says I will likely do the same, but never messages me first and more often than not dry texts. Some men probably do that too, but I'm not going to bend over backwards for someone and deplete my self respect. Also, not playing games. Either text me and try or don't. Just don't play victim if eventually I phase you out as a person I know.
Sep 26, 2020 3:52 AM
Dec 2019
I wouldn't know anything about that because my parents would slaughter me if they figured I had close male friends. I'm obviously acquainted with many but friendship and closeness is a big no. if you have relations with the opposite sex then consider yourself lucky because it's a privilege to some.. rip *peace sign*
Sep 26, 2020 4:12 AM

Jun 2014
oysterscallop said:
I wouldn't know anything about that because my parents would slaughter me if they figured I had close male friends. I'm obviously acquainted with many but friendship and closeness is a big no. if you have relations with the opposite sex then consider yourself lucky because it's a privilege to some.. rip *peace sign*

You are 17 years old. Talk to guys your age, who cares. You shouldn't need to waste your youth and making relationships because your parents are being overprotective.
Sep 26, 2020 4:18 AM

Jul 2015
Depends on your personallity. For me, jumping through hooks and bending backwards = pretending to get along with dudes and to understand that "brocode" thing. I usually get along better with women and it tires me less.

This said when I was attracted to a woman I used to be extremely awkward around her. But tbh I talk with no filters to my gf and I hope she does the same. We get along fine.
Sep 26, 2020 4:31 AM
Dec 2019
Kagami said:
oysterscallop said:

You are 17 years old. Talk to guys your age, who cares. You shouldn't need to waste your youth and making relationships because your parents are being overprotective.

yeah I know.. but in their house it's their rules, I don't wanna be disowned just yet. ofc I could go ahead, be a rebel and do whatever I like, but the consequences aren't worth it. I get and respect where my parents are coming from but they're so extreme about it smh, like u said I'm 17 not 12 or something. whatever honestly, it's just how it is
Sep 26, 2020 4:36 AM

Jun 2014
oysterscallop said:
Kagami said:

yeah I know.. but in their house it's their rules, I don't wanna be disowned just yet. ofc I could go ahead, be a rebel and do whatever I like, but the consequences aren't worth it. I get and respect where my parents are coming from but they're so extreme about it smh, like u said I'm 17 not 12 or something. whatever honestly, it's just how it is

Talking to guys isn't being rebellious. I don't know you or your situation, but you are nearing 18 years old. Making you feel like you'll be disowned because you want to talk to guys your age is bizarre to me. Are your parents religious? What's the story?
Sep 26, 2020 4:40 AM

Sep 2017
I think you've been watching too much NGE recently
خ
Sep 26, 2020 4:58 AM
Dec 2019
Kagami said:
oysterscallop said:

Talking to guys isn't being rebellious. I don't know you or your situation, but you are nearing 18 years old. Making you feel like you'll be disowned because you want to talk to guys your age is bizarre to me. Are your parents religious? What's the story?

yes they are religious and very conservative. also just paranoid because there always hear these crazy stories circulating in their friend circles about young people being "ruined" due to male/female relationships, gasp :000 big big disaster if a girl and boy talk :00 it's impossible for a girl and boy to hang out and not bang that same day and make babies :000 I think this is what they think, it's seriously a reach

my mum has told me stories of her high school and uni days when she had male friends, freedom to casually hang out with them and basically plenty more fun than I'm having rn. she wasn't "ruined" or anything so I don't get why she can't trust me to also have guy friends the same way her parents must have.

my female friends have religious parents too but they aren't this paranoid, most of them have guy friends and their parents know and don't care, which is how it should be. it's the 21st century oml..
Sep 26, 2020 5:41 AM
Jul 2020
Dude, how much Evangelion have you been watching?
Sep 26, 2020 6:31 AM

Mar 2019
Relationships can be complicated regardless of w/e gender the people are

This does sound like a case of too much Evangelion
Sep 26, 2020 7:06 AM

May 2018
Ryuk9428 said:

"Overall, the students reported feeling less judged by their close male friends than by their girlfriends. In the words of one participant, “Tim knows I love listening to Taylor Swift and Beyonce, but I keep that quiet [around my girlfriend] because she would judge me. I feel like I have to be more manly around her.”

that's indeed true bro, there's always pressure to not be insecure/yourself around women, you must be "the man" or some shit like that. It's already very tiring just imagining and because of anxieties like that I prefer either my male friends, or to just be alone
Sep 26, 2020 7:21 AM

Jan 2017
Dangeon said:
Ryuk9428 said:

that's indeed true bro, there's always pressure to not be insecure/yourself around women, you must be "the man" or some shit like that. It's already very tiring just imagining and because of anxieties like that I prefer either my male friends, or to just be alone
yes, i very much agree with you about that pressure. society values men by what they can contribute and the pressure to be someone/something is there.
p0ckyySep 26, 2020 7:26 AM
Sep 26, 2020 7:25 AM

Oct 2010
I don't know about this sort of essential gender difference, but while it is true that at first it seems easier to grow a friendship with your same gender, I feel there are drawbacks that are not exactly inherent to gender. I am very fond of my male friends, but there's a LOT of things I don't feel confident to talk with them, and there's also always this jokey/chill mood with them that prevents conversations from getting serious or emotional. At times it's like we are comfortable with each other because we are all performing to do so. Like forgetting our personal issues and bonding through simple things. I don't feel I know them deep down but at their most pleasant and agreeable, and same about me. That doesn't mean I don't count on them, but rather that we don't seem to need this kind of higher understanding at this point.

With my gf it's completely different. A lot of communication going through even for the smallest of mood shifts, and we both feel the need to know and be aware of our insecurities and weak moments. Our relationship wouldn't work if it was performative or strayed away from reality. It wouldn't feel okay. There's more implication from the very beginning which I guess among other things comes from the assumption that we need to figure out each other to make things work and be stable.

So it is probably not depending on gender but on the type of relationship. If I had mostly female friends and I had a boyfriend instead, I bet it would be the same. Romantic is more difficult than aromantic because it absolutely needs to be sincere, and also more satisfying and engaging for that same reason. I guess it all comes down to that to me.
jal90Sep 26, 2020 7:44 AM
Sep 26, 2020 7:41 AM

Jul 2015
... lmao maybe don't lie to your girlfriend about what you listen to, and you won't have to live every day under pressure because she might catch you listening to Beyoncé (terrible choice but whatever)

My gf also tells me she'd like to see me listen to Beyoncé... when she's not insisting to make me wear a dress. You sure you ever had a girlfriend, or you're just spouting bs?
DeathkoSep 26, 2020 7:47 AM
Sep 26, 2020 12:14 PM

Apr 2017
I think both genders cannot understand each other fully unlike same gender relationships which are better in terms of this.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Sep 26, 2020 12:31 PM

Oct 2014
Boys are rotten, made out of cotton
Girls are dandy, made out of candy
Boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider
Girls go to college to get more knowledge
Boys drink whiskey to get more frisky
Girls drink Pepsi to get more sexy
Sep 27, 2020 8:24 AM

Nov 2017
I can't speak for others' relationships, but mine aren't. I don't do complicated and I tend to get along better with women anyway
Sep 27, 2020 12:53 PM

Mar 2016
Nothing is more complicated than girl and girl's relationships, friendship or not.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Sep 27, 2020 2:08 PM

Sep 2020
It's not that complicated once you know how the game works. if you have a stable career, make some nice dough, have tangible assets and take care of your physical appearance you'll have your pick of females to choose from.

Once you've selected your finest pick, make sure to lay down the rules and compromises. If you and your girl cannot come to an agreement, dump her and go for the next one on the list. It's much easier when you have options.

In the end all girls want is a decent looking guy with financial stability who takes good care of them and their kids. It's as simple as that

For a more in-depth advice, feel free to check out our vid and hopefully you'll gain some new perspective on male-female relationship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBOT01b0CvI

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

29 by traed »»
25 minutes ago

» What anime character would make a good villian in Courage The Cowardly Dog and why?

vasipi4946 - 10 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

29 by ISeeLifePeople »»
2 hours ago

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

13 by hypergoob »»
2 hours ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.